Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) (50135 Views)

A Man's Friendship With A Crocodile / Picture Of Python Killed In A Flooded House In Yenagoa / Life Goes On In flooded Lagos(hearty Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by SimplySEA(m): 10:15am On Sep 27, 2012
In benue of all places? Eya dat croco don die.....!
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by muyenmuyen: 11:26am On Sep 27, 2012
the same in lokoja. snakes and other dangarous reptiles. God have mercy on nigeria
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by ourhero(m): 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2012
err guys, it does look like photoshop BUT, ive seen alligators in makurdi. heck,someone on bb sent me some pics of hippos at the bank of the river benue shocked so you dont have to belive the pic but betta believe its possible... grin
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Ewabeads(f): 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2012
Dis is serious,na wa oo
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by meetmuyiwa(m): 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
i wonder why some people are still saying the picture looks real. did u see the ripple pattern around the so called croco.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by mickinguy: 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
goofie: what? is that for real?

now am more scared of floods
omo na real meat oº°˚˚˚°º, y this no dey lagos now
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Emmykeyz(m): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2012
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS10 PRO!!!!!!
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by obimind(m): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2012
powerblaze: A croc in 'stealth mode' can hardly leave a trace... u sure the guy who snapped dis pic survived after 'uploading' ?
Lol!
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by obimind(m): 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2012
timbros: The pic might be real, then again it might be photoshopped. But one thing is certain, even photoshopped Croc is dangerous. Beware!
Lol!
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by nonysmith(m): 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2012
I had dis pic b4 d flood(rubbish)so nt true
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Piddo(m): 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
Easy to see it is PHOTOSHOPPED. Take note of the ripple pattern..A real life situation will have the ripples angled at a certain degree to the body to show the movement of the feet and general body movement pattern. I aint fooled.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by cinammon(f): 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
thats no crocodile,luks lyk a piece of scrap perforated metal on d ground...or beta still photo shop buh dts nt hw a crocodile luks lyk.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by ufonduifeanyi(m): 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2012
big meat oo. Wat on earth is it doing in a street
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Joshcoli(m): 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
ooooh peeeleaaase angry we are way too matured now to know when its a photoshop
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by tpia5: 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2012
i would like to know who did the photoshop.

I've told you people to be original instead of always waiting for something to copy from me?

once or twice is understandable, but 24/7 beats the imagination. undecided

Besides, mine wasnt photoshop, but an actual picture.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by aduhube: 6:07am On Sep 28, 2012
it is definitel photoshot. The croco is supposed to have its water waves arround it as it moves. It is not there at all.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by ukpain(f): 8:23am On Sep 28, 2012
[b][/bAbeg o make this flood stop o. This flood is bcoming 2much, to the extent that meat don join am, come down here and join me in prayers to make all this to stop.(CRYING) now flood has made you develop double mind in building manssions.I SUGGEST U BUILD HUT IF THE FLOOD COME YOU LEAVE WIT AND RUN AWAY FOR YOUR LIFE WITHOUT REGRETING ANY THING
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by dabossman(m): 9:09am On Sep 28, 2012
olayinke: So this thread is saying that someone inside that flood saw a crocodile like not more than 20m away from him/her and had d guts to take a picture....for this nigeria!!!

While not saying this picture is real or anything, I'm suprised that some people think you need to be close to the "crocodile" to take this picture. Eh, there is something called a zoom lens! It was invented like many years ago? Does it sound familiar?
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by dabossman(m): 9:16am On Sep 28, 2012
omenka: To all those sayin the pix was photoshoped, I pity una. I can only say u guys demonstrate what I call The Down Side of Enlightenment. Those of us down here know beta than to say the picture is fake. About a week into the floodin, just oposite the Judges Quarters, there were all manner of reptiles in the flood waters. Yours truely spoted three real big snakes swimmin their way to safety just outside the house I almost rented six months ago! Right now only the roof is visible! For those of us living in High Level n Ankpa qtrs area n beyond, we are safe but around the Gboko road axis and Wadata area with some parts of North bank (includin the golf course), sights like this have become an evryday affair. I have some of the pictures in my fone but don't undastand why they arnt uploading. Believe it or not, this is as real as it gets.

I hope this flood as not submerged NASME too o? I actually served there. I know most of these places you mentioned. How sad.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by dabossman(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2012
A crocodile's sense of smell is very acute, and its hearing is also excellent. It can detect the vibrations of a mammal moving around near the water's edge. With great accuracy, it can pinpoint exactly where the footsteps are heading. The crocodile will submerge, and without a ripple in the water, it will cruise towards its prey. It knows exactly when the animal is approaching the water, and at that precise moment, it strikes. The crocodile's powerful tail drives it forwards and it explodes out of the water like a missile. Once it has gripped onto its prey with its 66 teeth, there is little chance of escape.

http://www.zootorah.com/essays/crocodile.html

Well the "crocodile" in the original pix wasn't submerged, but alas, it seems crocs can move through water with stealth.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by wilsoncoker(m): 10:20am On Sep 28, 2012
fittty: Photoshop undecided who'll wait to take a pic of a moving crocodile in the flood? No one!
hmmm dats it..dats wat am talkn abt...wel it's real kux av sin a movn crocodile n hw it luks lyk...i gues dey av to b careful bt it wil do dem no harm if dey just alow him strol by....bt its easy to kil...usin a big hook n putin a smal fish in it...or trow a spear @ it n tie d spear wif a fat marine rope wit 20litas galoons attached to d rope so dat wen he tries to go insid d galoon wil float im out n he gets tired n weak den u do d kiln easily...
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2012
Photoshop jor
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2012
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by effizzyman: 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
God will deliver them to mouth of the C.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by firestar(f): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2012
undecided
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by tpia5: 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
dabossman:

While not saying this picture is real or anything, I'm suprised that some people think you need to be close to the "crocodile" to take this picture. Eh, there is something called a zoom lens! It was invented like many years ago? Does it sound familiar?

i hope you're not saying that "picture" was taken with a zoom lens.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by saleeh: 5:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
may God help us
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 31, 2013
fittty: Photoshop undecided who'll wait to take a pic of a moving crocodile in the flood? No one!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: Big Cobra Killed In Our Office Toilet / 9 Things To Do Before You Turn 30 In Nigeria / Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.