Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office (13647 Views)

12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB / GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Other Past Nigerian Leaders At Council Of State Meeting Abuja / Group Urges APC Leaders To Replace Buhari With Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
ujchief:
inferiority complex at its worst! So we should shit on pant b'cos of a dinner wit Rice and eba? An event made posible by our tax payers money? Gej fidgets at the sight of westerners, thats how he promised the asians that boko haram wil end in june.
Nanscenze!

Can u imagine? i wont even be surprise if we pay them for appearing. why wont they talk jargons. he that plays the piper, dictates the tune grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by achi4u(m): 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
1Dray:

Methink if there is any one that is a bad market any day, it's certainly ur aged governor that is been held captive and controlled by an illiterate tout called Chiboy (a lil boy 4 dt matter). I weep for that State! Ur problems are caused by ur governor.
Ranting of a fraustrated man.So they've finally kicked you out?gringrin SORRY

To the topic,
To those eating from the crumms of GEJ should think about our future not today...the roads to your villages should bear me witness.ndi ara
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by FrankC3: 2:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
Demdem:

Am particularly interested in this part of ur post. Apart from appointing Jega as INEC chairman, what reform has been put in place? The Uwais panel on electoral reform which suggested real and effective electoral reforms, what part of this report has the retardeen put in reality or is ongoing?

I will rather neglect your uncouth reference to the President because i want to address something I feel is of concern. On one hand, you confessed you don't care about government policies and program because they have for far too long yielded no concrete result on ground. On the other hand, you want to neglect what your sincere logic would have seen as a result of REAL WORK and you are demanding for policies and programs.

No wonder ACN believed in scientific rigging. I think you are rigging your own logic scientifically.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
Only an ideological orphan without a goal will criticize blindly. Tunde Bakare's madness on pulpit stopped when he successfully murdered his integrity on the alter of rugged daftness and now he has no financial muscle to even buy into the reform programme even when he is now convinced that the savior is here, and the savior is GEJ. Tinubu knows where to draw the line and is neck-deep into the reform programme, but a few empty vessels here on Nairaland who are nothing but bunch of political area boys without any mind of theirs are dancing azonto with their empty heads. My question to these cyber-political nematodes is; Who are you in Nigeria's political equation ? All you can do is criticize where need be and praise GEJ for the augmented glorification of Nigeria's image via current transformation Agenda. Blair and Rice have said it all. Listen not the opposition, they are just a minority with vested interest. Need I say more? GEJ - REFRESHER AIR
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
Frank-C:

I will rather neglect your uncouth reference to the President because i want to address something I feel is of concern. On one hand, you confessed you don't care about government policies and program because they have for far too long yielded no concrete result on ground. On the other hand, you want to neglect what your sincere logic would have seen as a result of REAL WORK and you are demanding for policies and programs.

No wonder ACN believed in scientific rigging. I think you are rigging your own logic scientifically.

In otherwords, the only electoral reform the Retardeen has carried out is the appointment of Jega and probably pumping more money into INEC. Thats impressive.
For records sake, below is what i stated and not what u claimed above.
By the way, Ffuck ACN. I dont give a damn about them

Demdem:

So get it, policies dont move me. Its what i see with my eyes.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Olaolufred(m): 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
Frank-C:

OBJ said the same thing some years back. This is the problem with Africa and Blair and Rice knows he is right because they were part of administrations where sitting presidents deceived millions of people and even doctored reports so that they can go to war in Iraq. Blair and Bush were wrong, we know this, and Rice was part of that America. Today, Bush and Blair are resting from their services to their country because their people understand that they made these terrible judgments while trying to serve their country and advance them.

In Africa here, we know how we denigrate our leaders. We somehow believe that once your time is up, you should be hounded to prison for real and imagined crimes and all that. I am not suggesting that Africa should not hold their leaders accountable after their tenure, but African leaders should be tried ONLY on cases of mass murder and such other crimes. This is the sad truth, but this is the only thing that will consolidate democratic rule in Africa. Now give me one reason why you should not die in office if you are Robert Mugabe.

I differ from your depositions, while you have some points so close to the truth, there are also some that are more like fiddle with no base.
If Blair's decision had been directly against his own people, what do you think the reactions of UK citizens would have been?
Blair was not right on his decision over Iraq invasion. Fine. But the citizen had bore their mind on it.
Here in your own Africa, Govt's action are not directed at fighting another country. But at killing their own citizen which they are obligated by law to protect.
The evil they sowed is the reason they want to die in power.
If they do well to serve their people, they will be praised.
If I may ask you this question: Could his bid for 2015 be because he is fearing the unknown?
If no, then why?
If yes, then his conscience is judging him as not serving the people truly.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Rhapsody1(f): 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
Biggyd2: Blair can say what he wants.He doesn't know the country more than Nigerians. My issue is what GEJ means by 'fear of the unknown". Is that part of the reason he is thinking of a second term.

I am so interested in the answer to this question. Will throw more light to the person of GEJ smiley smiley smiley
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by taharqa: 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2012
Demdem:

Am particularly interested in this part of ur post. Apart from appointing Jega as INEC chairman, what reform has been put in place? The Uwais panel on electoral reform which suggested real and effective electoral reforms, what part of this report has the retardeen put in reality or is ongoing?
Demdem INEC now has access to d First Line Charge of d Federation ie financial independence; Demdem d Electoral register has been substantially cleaned up from those days when Micheal Jackson was a voter in 9ja; Demdem Accreditation now starts b4 d elections, people physical counted against d register b4 elections based only on d physical accreditation done there in d full glare of everyone commences; Demdem results are now clearly pasted and announced in the electoral units b4 been transmitted to d collation centres tru legally determined documentation signed by all d agents(gone are those days results were written in d bedrooms of ppl); Demdem the process of nominatn of candidates by parties has been streamlined and timed; Demdem all electoral matters are now determined by d courts within a 6months period instead of open-ended time period as was previously the case; Demdem the roles and duties of security agents during elections have bn clearly streamlined etc etc. Demdem Political 'heavyweights' like Obj, Anenih, Bankole are been retired 4rm politics cos they now lose elections. Demdem no president has presided over a period of largely credible elections and stuck his reputation to d achievement of same in d history of d country like GEJ(from Anambra immediately he became acting president in 2010 tru d 2011 general elections to Edo elections this year- even to Zaria House of Assembly elections 2 weeks ago). Once an opposition is strong, well organised, on ground truout all d constituencies and have a better narrative they can win any incumbent party just as what happened in d Southwest, Zamfara, Nasarawa, Imo and odas in 2011, Edo recently and what did NOT happen nationally in 2011... I hope I helped. Cheers lol
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by FrankC3: 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2012
Olaolufred:

I differ from your depositions, while you have some points so close to the truth, there are also some that are more like fiddle with no base.
If Blair's decision had been directly against his own people, what do you think the reactions of UK citizens would have been?
Blair was not right on his decision over Iraq invasion. Fine. But the citizen had bore their mind on it.
Here in your own Africa, Govt's action are not directed at fighting another country. But at killing their own citizen which they are obligated by law to protect.
The evil they sowed is the reason they want to die in power.
If they do well to serve their people, they will be praised.
If I may ask you this question: Could his bid for 2015 be because he is fearing the unknown?
If no, then why?
If yes, then his conscience is judging him as not serving the people truly.

While i respect your opinion on this topic, fully understanding its complexity, i wish to state that history is replete with most developed nations taking tough decisions that changed their futures. Most tough decisions are never accepted by the masses who are moved more by emotions, so it is not new if the 'masses' protest fuel subsidy removal. The austerity measures in Greece and Spain are not very popular presently but that does not make it a bad policy and the government is pushing through with it, despite the protests. In Nigeria here, most people accepted policies like fuel subsidy removal but their argument is that it is ill timed.

Truth be told, few men, including you, will reject the temptation to server for another four years when the law is on their side. Heck! this guy is just less than 2 years into a four year tenure and you are talking about 2015 and conscience.

Africa must learn to accept the existence of error margin in leadership judgment of her leaders. This should not be punished. It is what makes them human. They should rather focus on ensuring that men with appetite for blood don't unleash genocide on their people.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by greaterlove(m): 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
Frank-C:

While i respect your opinion on this topic, fully understanding its complexity, i wish to state that history is replete with most developed nations taking tough decisions that changed their futures. Most tough decisions are never accepted by the masses who are moved more by emotions, so it is not new if the 'masses' protest fuel subsidy removal. The austerity measures in Greece and Spain are not very popular presently but that does not make it a bad policy and the government is pushing through with it, despite the protests. In Nigeria here, most people accepted policies like fuel subsidy removal but their argument is that it is ill timed.

Truth be told, few men, including you, will reject the temptation to server for another four years when the law is on their side. Heck! this guy is just less than 2 years into a four year tenure and you are talking about 2015 and conscience.

Africa must learn to accept the existence of error margin in leadership judgment of her leaders. This should not be punished. It is what makes them human. They should rather focus on ensuring that men with appetite for blood don't unleash genocide on their people.

reading posts by people like you and thelastpope makes me have hope in nigeria, sometimes the way people reason on nairaland which is a reflection of the entire country amazes me. i dont agree with all jonathan does but that does not mean i should open my mouth and lash out at his every turn either good or bad. we should learn to criticize constructively for that is the only way forward.
on the post, jonathan is on point and the comments of both blair and rice are things we should applaud. that does not mean we should relax, there are still more work to be done by both the government and the people. i have never been this positive about nigeria and my prayer is that it continues.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Raxz(m): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2012
nuclearboy: Was ready to lose what elections? Was ready to be disgraced?

Yet you spent Trillions purchasing a victory?

Na wa O
can you justify your comment, don't just accusing leaders in authority base on assumptions. Am nt saying you shoudnt criticize where it is necessary, bt you hv to do that base on fact.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2012
taharqa: Demdem INEC now have access to d direct line charge ie financial independence;

U are wrong. INEC doesnt have such. The executives are still in charge, the same way the exec appoint the chair.

Demdem d Electoral register has been substantially cleaned up from those days when Micheal Jackson was a voter in 9ja;

Maurice Iwu also claimed the same thing. If that is so, why was still skirmishes of misplaced names in both Edo and delta. besides all over the country where LG elections are being held, reports of missing names are being recorded. Again u are wrong.

Demdem Accreditation now starts b4 d elections, people physical counted against d register b4 elections based only on dat physical accreditation done there in d full glare of everyone;

Excellent. a new innovative brought in by Prof Jega himself. remember that i saluted that appointment

Demdem results are now pasted in the electoral units and collation centres and transmitted tru legally determined documentation signed by all d agents(gone are those days results were written in d bedrooms of ppl);

As above also, however the fraud being perpetrated at the electoral units during the time of Maurice Iwu has simply been transffered to the collation centers so back to square 1.

Demdem the process of nominatn of candidates by parties has been streamlined and timed;

Maurice Iwu also had time-tables. Nothing is new here. Again u are wrong.

Demdem all electoral matters are now been determined by d courts within 6months instead of never-ending years previously;

By which judiciary? u must be joking right grin grin how long did the the presidential election tribunal last?

Demdem the roles and duties of security agents during elections have bn clearly streamlined etc etc.

Specify exactly what roles are presently that arent there initially? again u are wrong

Demdem no president has presided over a period of largely credible elections and stuck his reputation to it in d history of d country like GEJ(from Anambra immediately he became acting president in 2010 tru d 2011 general elections to Edo elections this year- even to Zaria House of Assembly elections 2 weeks ago).... I hope I helped. Cheers lol

I admit that elections so far under the Retardeen has been just ok especially considering where we were coming from but it still doesnt mean that serious malpractices arent still ongoing and doubts still remain. Am impressed with what u wrote however u kept mute about the main fundamentals that will ensure free, fair and transparent elections without any form of bias which the Uwais report did dealt with.

Details as regards the appointment of the chairman and the state RECS, commissioners (exec should keep off- this will be a lasting legacy), details that will lead to true independence of the commission, details as regards electoral procedures, financial independence, corrupt politicians, electoral criminals (to end the current impunity) etc These are the fundamentals the Uwais report was paid to work on and they did a good job. When will this report be implemented
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
Raxz: can you justify your comment, don't just accusing leaders in authority base on assumptions. Am nt saying you shoudnt criticize where it is necessary, bt you hv to do that base on fact.

Are u insinuating that GEJ didnt pay PDP delegates money during his primary election against Atiku in eagle square to ensure his victory in Eagle square? abi u think the only thing that happened there was the transparent boxes NTA, AIT showed for all to see?

Also the neighbor to neighbor campaign headed by the current aviation minister, where do u think she got the funds to finance it. Recent events have however revealed that she is among the subsidy thieves we are all looking for. Dont be deceived, the retardeen pumped subsidy money to ensure his victory in addition to Nigerian votes.

http://www.seapetrol.com/staffmgt.html

Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by folahann(m): 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
The best name for our president should be Retardeen.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by ballabriggs: 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
With the number of 'Investor and tourism fora' past and present governments have held with so called "potential investors", by now Nigeria ought to be a haven for FDI. But this is not the case. Why give these people our tea and sandwich for free when they are unwilling to invest. I dare Jona to even serve them cassava bread and see if that will convince them to come.

The truth is investors are not moved by just words. Nigeria is a high risk destination and something must compensate for these potential risks if these guys are to move in. These guys are not stupid, they spend a huge part of their resources assessing and managing risk. I give you an example, with corruption in Nigeria, it will be very difficult for a UK firm to come invest in Nigeria. Why? There are strong anti-bribery laws for UK MNCs and their associates operating in foreign countries. No one wants to be caught in the web. So put your house in order, FDIs will flow.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by ballabriggs: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
Tony Blair that has lost every respect from his people comes to advice Nigerians.

Because he is yet to answer for his war crimes? Osanobuwaaaaaa O, lekwanum anya.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2012
ballabriggs: With the number of 'Investor and tourism fora' past and present governments have held with so called "potential investors", by now Nigeria ought to be a haven for FDI. But this is not the case. Why give these people our tea and sandwich for free when they are unwilling to invest. I dare Jona to even serve them cassava bread and see if that will convince them to come.

The truth is investors are not moved by just words. Nigeria is a high risk destination and something must compensate for these potential risks if these guys are to move in. These guys are not stupid, they spend a huge part of their resources assessing and managing risk. I give you an example, with corruption in Nigeria, it will be very difficult for a UK firm to come invest in Nigeria. Why? There are strong anti-bribery laws for UK MNCs and their associates operating in foreign countries. No one wants to be caught in the web. So put your house in order, FDIs will flow.

The same point i keep on emphasizing. The other day Richard Branson of the virgin group told the whole world that he will never invest in Nigeria just because of corrupt officials. If Branson from UK is telling his fellow investors not to go, who is Blair or Rice that will convince them? We are just deceiving ourselves. grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1000807/richard-bransons-verdict-doing-business
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by ballabriggs: 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2012
Demdem:

The same point i keep on emphasizing. The other day Richard Branson of the virgin group told the whole world that he will never invest in Nigeria just because of corrupt officials. If Branson from UK is telling his fellow investors not to go, who is Blair or Rice that will convince them? We are just deceiving ourselves. grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1000807/richard-bransons-verdict-doing-business

If you understand the way Vodacom pulled out from the ECONET deal then you will understand this. These guys are not foolish. The ones we were able to attract through the GSM deals had way too generous financial incentives to attract them. They were given import waivers for years to bring in their equipment. Some of them like ECONET even sourced for capital from domestic sources such that there was hardly any net inflow of capital from their investments.

What kind of FDIs do we want to attract? The quality of FDI is also an issue. With the way our country is organised, we will continue to attract the mediocre's and also on a small scale that will hardly bring any net benefits to our economy.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by thelastPope(m): 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
Rhapsody!:

I am so interested in the answer to this question. Will throw more light to the person of GEJ smiley smiley smiley

But the statement is clear isn't it? The fear that rulers will not be in reckoning when they loose power. I mean that's obvious. What do you think is driving El Rufai? He is simply telling you, he is not in that category. That he has nothing to fear. I mean, the whole statement is very clear. He concluded by saying that is why the people that come in should be the ones the people choose.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by taharqa: 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
ballabriggs: With the number of 'Investor and tourism fora' past and present governments have held with so called "potential investors", by now Nigeria ought to be a haven for FDI. But this is not the case. Why give these people our tea and sandwich for free when they are unwilling to invest. I dare Jona to even serve them cassava bread and see if that will convince them to come.

Why dont you shut up if you do not know wot you are talking. Cant understand why ignorant peeps make assertions in public confidently!it beats me everytime....meanwhile in d world of facts, Nigeria had by far d highest FDI in Africa last year at about $9billion *smhv*
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by thelastPope(m): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2012
It is very easy to make wild unsubstantiated claims like Demdem is doing. It is the lazy and easy approach to issues. That is how Nigerian news media operate. It is very easy to come to an online forum and call people names and make frivolous accusations. Cheap stuff!
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by BAMMZ(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
@demdem,killuminati and your likes- stop,think and be objective before typing for typing sake. Stop the insults on the president. Respect that office and always know that he is our leader. If leadership were easy,by now Aso rock would have been your abode. I guess you understand what i mean. Please grow up. Respect Nairaland,respect our leaders and respect yourself. What goes around comes around!
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2012
thelastPope: It is very easy to make wild unsubstantiated claims like Demdem is doing. It is the lazy and easy approach to issues. That is how Nigerian news media operate. It is very easy to come to an online forum and call people names and make frivolous accusations. Cheap stuff!

Which of the claims are u talking about? Is it about Branson or Stella headship of neighbour to neighbour or the fact that her company which collects subsidy claims which she diverted to the retardeen's campaign was indicted by the house committee. That itself is conflict of interest because she is still in the same government as a federal minister of aviation.
https://www.nairaland.com/998081/abdusallam-abubakar-stella-oduah-indicted
which one of these claims exactly are u talking about? lets start from there. cool
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2012
[s]
BAMMZ: @demdem,killuminati and your likes- stop,think and be objective before typing for typing sake. Stop the insults on the president. Respect that office and always know that he is our leader. If leadership were easy,by now Aso rock would have been your abode. I guess you understand what i mean. Please grow up. Respect Nairaland,respect our leaders and respect yourself. What goes around comes around!
[/s]

Crap.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by ballabriggs: 4:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
taharqa: Why dont you shut up if you do not know wot you are talking. Cant understand why ignorant peeps make assertions in public confidently!it beats me everytime....meanwhile in d world of facts, Nigeria had by far d highest FDI in Africa last year at about $9billion *smhv*

Mumu talk, you are talking to a scholar who has studied capital flows around the world.

Firstly Africa has a very low percentage of worldwide FDI flows. So Nigeria attracting $9billion does not make any difference. Does it drive development? That is the issue.

Secondly, what percentage of your $9 billion is in the non-extractive industries. That is why I asked, what type of FDI do you as a country want to attract? Do you want FDIs that will add value to your economy or FDIs that will steal your natural resources and give little in return?

The choice is yours as a nation. Put your house in order and FDI that drives development will flow.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by taharqa: 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
@Demdem. By now u shld hv known dat i do not just post info witout looking tru it properly. Have you read the Electoral Act 2010 and d 1999 constitution( as amended)? Download and read them and determine if INEC does not draw its finances from the 1st Line charge; if the duration of electoral disputes hv not been pegged at 6months instead of d previous open-ended time frame; if there has not be a more structured process and timeline for nomination and substitution of candidates by parties; and if the electoral process itself have not bn changd...read tru them and intimate me wit why u said i was wrong.....i wud be fully responding to you and pasting links later today once i grab my laptop
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by thelastPope(m): 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2012
Demdem:

Which of the claims are u talking about? Is it about Branson or Stella headship of neighbour to neighbour or the fact that her company which collects subsidy claims was indicted by the house committee. That itself is conflict of interest because she is still in the same government as a federal minister of aviation.
https://www.nairaland.com/998081/abdusallam-abubakar-stella-oduah-indicted
which one exactly are u talking about? lets start from there.

There is nothing to start from. Your positions are very very childish. No one has indicted anyone. Why would you choose to believe what someone says against the petroleum minister and stand on it as truth. Is it not also possible that corruption is fighting back like Nuhu Ribadu says? Is it not possible that some are trying to blackmail? Why would a minister whose company is collecting subsidy now be fighting to remove chop from her own mouth by removing subsidy? Is it not the same committee that we later discovered was collecting bribes to put in names and take out other names? Yet you quote them like full proof sources and expect us to take you seriously.

I have told you. What you are doing is lazy cheap stuff. Any tom, dck and harry can do it. If you love Nigeria and wish to improve it, open a blog and do serious advocacy with real facts not post unsubstantiated stuff with an anonymous pseudo name on NL.

Smh!
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by taharqa: 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2012
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by IncomeTutor: 5:05pm On Sep 27, 2012
If our leaders govern well with all honesty
they should fear no foe. Their corrupt tendencies
make them to stay put in order to conceal their
misdeeds and even milk the treasury the more.

Clear conscience fears no accusation.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2012
taharqa: @Demdem. By now u shld hv known dat i do not just post info witout looking tru it properly. Have you read the Electoral Act 2010 and d 1999 constitution( as amended)? Download and read them and determine if INEC does not draw its finances from the 1st Line charge; if the duration of electoral disputes hv not been pegged at 6months instead of d previous open-ended time frame; if there has not be a more structured process and timeline for nomination and substitution of candidates by parties; and if the electoral process itself have not bn changd...read tru them and intimate me wit why u said i was wrong.....i wud be fully responding to you and pasting links later today once i grab my laptop

[b]To be honest, i haven't and i desire to if u can just post the link however having the laws is one thing, implementing to the letter is another. my position even till now is what i see that is being done and not some laws that are existing somewhere but not being implemented.

Do u remember all what that transpired with INEC complaining about funds before the elections? If electoral act 2010 as u claimed has taken care of this then why is the cry still existing like the days of Maurice Iwu.
U made mention of 6months duration but the reality on ground suggests that this is not in play. i gave u an example of the presidential panel, it exceeded 6months. why should that be if electoral acts 2010 was already in play?
Am sorry but am moved and based my comments on what i see in operation and not some laws somewhere. Most likely u are right about these specified laws

However i insist that these issues u raised are highly trivial when compared to what the implementation of the Uwais report would have given or achieved for us.
The recommendations includes establishing commissions to deal with Electoral Offences. The committee recommended proportional representation in elections to the Federal and State legislatures and to the local government councils. The report also recommended that the head of the Independent National Electoral Commission should be appointed by the judiciary rather than the President and other details which i made mention of earlier etc these are the fundamentals am talking about[/b]
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
thelastPope:

There is nothing to start from. Your positions are very very childish. No one has indicted anyone. Why would you choose to believe what someone says against the petroleum minister and stand on it as truth. Is it not also possible that corruption is fighting back like Nuhu Ribadu says? Is it not possible that some are trying to blackmail? Why would a minister whose company is collecting subsidy now be fighting to remove chop from her own mouth by removing subsidy? Is it not the same committee that we later discovered was collecting bribes to put in names and take out other names? Yet you quote them like full proof sources and expect us to take you seriously.

I have told you. What you are doing is lazy cheap stuff. Any tom, dck and harry can do it. If you love Nigeria and wish to improve it, open a blog and do serious advocacy with real facts not post unsubstantiated stuff with an anonymous pseudo name on NL.

Smh!

Nothing to start from because u have decided to turn a blind eye to it. Besides, a House committee indicted her company and others and even though the report seems to have been blemished, the house still went ahead after the scandal to stick to the report. That to me is something to think over. The report may not be perfect however truthful elements are still embedded in there.

Its disheartening also that u don't seem to see anything wrong in the bolded above in ur comments. cant u see a perfect example of conflict of interest there. Why on earth should a federal minister remains in her seat when her company collects subsidy funds from the same govt? Do u think that is normal? Are u aware that is because of similar reasons like this that the great Prof Barth Nnaji decided to resign. For u not to see anything wrong with it is puzzling.

Again, i insist that these are facts that are verifiable. Not figments of my imaginations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTO: Check Out This Fake Medical Report Presented By A Corper / Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 79th Birthday Today! / Aggrieved APC Governors, Others Plot Sabotage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.