Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office (13651 Views)

12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB / GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Other Past Nigerian Leaders At Council Of State Meeting Abuja / Group Urges APC Leaders To Replace Buhari With Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by israelbenzion: 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2012
Frank-C:
^
If I understand you.............

I appreciate what u are doing. I subscribe to ur mindset.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by ogahope(m): 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
Biggyd2: Why Nigerian leaders refuse to leave office -Jonathan •As Blair, Rice counsel him

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan, on Wednesday, advanced the reason many Nigerian political leaders fight to sit tight in office, saying that it was because of their fear of the unknown.

He, however, said the electoral reforms embar-ked upon by his admini-stration would continue to ensure that the choice of the people emerged at elections.

President Jonathan disclosed this at a breakfast meeting on the Nigerian economy, organi-sed by the African Business Roundtable in New York, United States.

Addressing the audience, which had former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair; former United States Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice; inter-national investors and captains of industry from Nigeria, President Jona-than said Nigeria had numerous problems, add-ing that his government had decided to prioritise its options, in order to deal with the challenges systematically.

“We are totally committed in solving our problems. We started with the electoral process and we have demonstrated our commitment in sanitising that system, because when the people put you there, you will be committed to serving them

“I was ready to lose the election if Nigerians did not want me. If I was ready to be disgraced out of office to sanitise the system, that is to tell you I am ready to sanitise the system to bring about investments in our country,” he said.

He assured the investors that he would ensure the investment environment was sanitised to attract investors and create jobs for the teeming youth in the country.

President Jonathan promised to carry the Nigerian people along in the governance process, though he conceded that it was not possible to involve all in the administration of the country at the same time.

Blair, speaking on the occasion, urged Nigerians not to always accept the stance of the opposition on issues, as they were not speaking for the majority of the citizens but a few vested interests.

While urging for support for President Jonathan, the former British leader lauded his effort to reform the political and economic sectors of the country, which, he observed, was a difficult but necessary thing to do.

Citing the case of the deregulation of the down-stream sector of the petroleum industry and other critical areas, he told the president that this was a moment of opportunity and, therefore, he must have the courage to proceed with the planned economic reforms.

Blair said with what was going on in Nigeria, the country was on its way up, noting that once Nigeria was on its way up, it meant Africa was on its way up.

In her contribution, Ms Rice observed that for the first time, news emanating from Africa had turned from the negative issues such as AIDS, famine and wars to positive news about opportunities existing in the continent.

She congratulated Jonathan for his efforts at repositioning the country and advised on critical areas of responsibility which must be fulfilled in order to realise the potentials of the country.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/48281-why-nigerian-leaders-refuse-to-leave-office-jonathan-as-blair-rice-counsel-him
To b honest, dis admt. is totaly difft frm d ones we use to hv. Dignity nd pride of Nigeria is beginin to return. Amidst bombin, our govt is stil focus nd is nt disturb at all. Den in era of peace, he will ova perform. Woe to boko haram! U cant stop d hand of RESTORATION. 'Nigeria is on d way up' if u Nigerians cant see, d outsides are seein. GEJ na u we no. Double gbosa 4u
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Jeboy(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
"The dictionary meaning of Demdem is a SCAVENGER that invades Nairaland and use all his sense organs to scan for evil news about his country and govt. just to paint it in bad light"

All he is interested is in stories at Nigeria is not working, GEJ is cluess etc. I can analyse all your posts in Nairaland for you to see. You dont criticize govt. for the good of this country, You have a personal agenda. You will never see him discuss as a progressive of this country.All he resorts to is name calling, paint a very bad picture of govt., run down good programmes, discredits good policies by telling you how it failed in Obj and Babangida era without giving better options. I weep for you because a time will come when these projects will be so obvious to the people that you will be so ashamed of your propangada that you will have no choice than to change your Username in Nairaland. If I am not sure of any GEJ reform at least am sure of POWER.

For the first time Nigeria came to democracy under GEJ, election petitions in courts as a result of electoral malpractices reduced by over 80% and you say the process is not fair enough? It may not be perfect but is far way better than what is obtainable in the past.

I think Seun and mods owe this country a duty for the sake of the integrity of Nigerians and good image, they should start deleting posts that is abusive and denigrate the people of Nigeria. I put it to Demdem that he cannot successfully rep a class of 40 undergradates as a governor but he will come here shouting like an orphan. I pity you cos you look like a paid agent of a politician that has lost elections.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by thelastPope(m): 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2012
Demdem:

Nothing to start from because u have decided to turn a blind eye to it. Besides, a House committee indicted her company and others and even though the report seems to have been blemished, the house still went ahead after the scandal to stick to the report. That to me is something to think over. The report may not be perfect however truthful elements are still embedded in there.

Its disheartening also that u don't seem to see anything wrong in the bolded above in ur comments. cant u see a perfect example of conflict of interest there. Why on earth should a federal minister remains in her seat when her company collects subsidy funds from the same govt? Do u think that is normal? Are u aware that is because of similar reasons like this that the great Prof Barth Nnaji decided to resign. For u not to see anything wrong with it is puzzling.

Again, i insist that these are facts that are verifiable. Not figments of my imaginations.

You know one thing I don't do is blind support for anyone whether GEJ or anybody. If I see a thread I can't defend him, even if I like him, I just pass. But I find it ridiculous most times here on NL because I just read frivolous and bogus stuff that have no credibility.

You are here quoting a house report and saying that they stuck to the report? A house that quickly convened and and added Otedola's name back to a report that they have previously and unanimously said aye to, to remove his name and you quote them as a reliable source for anyone to stand on. And your argument is based on the assertion that there must somehow be truth inside? What kind of ideology is that? What kind of scientific logic is that? There is a very good reason why the universal law is innocent until proven guilty. If it wasn't so, blackmail will be the most rewarding form of terrorism and people like you will be heads of terrorist cells
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by agabaI23(m): 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2012
Demdem:

The same point i keep on emphasizing. The other day Richard Branson of the virgin group told the whole world that he will never invest in Nigeria just because of corrupt officials. If Branson from UK is telling his fellow investors not to go, who is Blair or Rice that will convince them? We are just deceiving ourselves. grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1000807/richard-bransons-verdict-doing-business

It appears Richard Branson is from Nnewi while Blair and Rice are the colonial masters
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by thelastPope(m): 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
agabaI23:

It appears Richard Branson is from Nnewi while Blair and Rice are the colonial masters

Don't mind the funny chap! Brandson said nobody should go to Nigeria and you are quoting him. Very funny! That was the same nonsense the Vodacom CEO said 10 years ago when GSM was about to start and discouraged Vodacom from bidding. He was later sacked because he was a big f00l. MTN is now bigger than Vodacom in Africa and middle east. Vodacom lost billions of dollars benefits because they followed a stup1d advise of someone telling them that investing in Nigeria was bad.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by kutchs: 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2012
awesome_t: To the Moderator: When people make statements like this, you do not suspend their account or meet out any punishment. But when we make objective contributions to threads or on a lighter mood, stress the importance of the thread on the Price of "GARRY", we get suspended. Are we saying it's profitable and noteworthy to throw abuses at the President?
Unfortunately those are the kind of comments the mods like seeing and even encourage it, they hate ur well informed analysis of issues. To the mods it is right and just to insult the person of Jonathan but anyone who challenges those idiots is banned.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by kutchs: 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2012
ujchief:
stop singing ur own praise. U've been bursted. U think u can fool anyone? 'Beaf is a star' my foot!
Once again, how come u know a lot about Beaf since u registered 22nd August 2012 when Beaf stoped posting b4 then? I aint Sherlock holmes b'cos it doesnt take rocket science to figure where u're hiding.
Lol@ beaf is a star.. keep on fooling ya'self
You need to understand Mr Holmes that so many people (me included) encounter nairaland long before they register so it should surprise you that he knows beaf even while not registered. I started following threads/articles last year 2011 b4 registering in FEB 2012 and I got to know that Beaf is the wiseman and u the fool of nairaland. Soon am going to leave cos kids like uhave invaded and hijacked nairaland.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Cmeo(m): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2012
What do u expect Blair to say? Blair, if you dont know Blair is on GEJ/Nigeria payroll as a consultant to GEJ. Want to know how I know? I have seen him and GEJ together on several occasions, most especially on GEJ personal activities/events like dedication of the controversial Otuoke Church (built by Gitto construction company as a gift to the president in his home town, etc). Therefore, Blair did that to justify his pay and show his loyalty to his payment master.
However, Rice was brought in to the show by GEJ Consultant-Blair. Rice worked together with Blair on several occasions before and during Bush/Blair invasion of Iraq and Taliban/Al-Qeida on the pretense of weapon of mass destruction and search for terrorist in Afghanistan and so they have an existing complementary relationship

About GEJ, I dont expect anything better from him than what he said because he wants to justify his actions before now and after now which may include 2015 reelection bid.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by thelastPope(m): 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2012
^^^ Why are you so predictable like this. You talk like you are a tape recorder or something. Don't you have a mind of your own! Copy copy!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by fio(m): 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
Biggyd2: Why Nigerian leaders refuse to leave office -Jonathan •As Blair, Rice counsel him

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan, on Wednesday, advanced the reason many Nigerian political leaders fight to sit tight in office, saying that it was because of their fear of the unknown.

He, however, said the electoral reforms embar-ked upon by his admini-stration would continue to ensure that the choice of the people emerged at elections.

President Jonathan disclosed this at a breakfast meeting on the Nigerian economy, organi-sed by the African Business Roundtable in New York, United States.

Addressing the audience, which had former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair; former United States Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice; inter-national investors and captains of industry from Nigeria, President Jona-than said Nigeria had numerous problems, add-ing that his government had decided to prioritise its options, in order to deal with the challenges systematically.

“We are totally committed in solving our problems. We started with the electoral process and we have demonstrated our commitment in sanitising that system, because when the people put you there, you will be committed to serving them

“I was ready to lose the election if Nigerians did not want me. If I was ready to be disgraced out of office to sanitise the system, that is to tell you I am ready to sanitise the system to bring about investments in our country,” he said.

He assured the investors that he would ensure the investment environment was sanitised to attract investors and create jobs for the teeming youth in the country.

President Jonathan promised to carry the Nigerian people along in the governance process, though he conceded that it was not possible to involve all in the administration of the country at the same time.

Blair, speaking on the occasion, urged Nigerians not to always accept the stance of the opposition on issues, as they were not speaking for the majority of the citizens but a few vested interests.

While urging for support for President Jonathan, the former British leader lauded his effort to reform the political and economic sectors of the country, which, he observed, was a difficult but necessary thing to do.

Citing the case of the deregulation of the down-stream sector of the petroleum industry and other critical areas, he told the president that this was a moment of opportunity and, therefore, he must have the courage to proceed with the planned economic reforms.

Blair said with what was going on in Nigeria, the country was on its way up, noting that once Nigeria was on its way up, it meant Africa was on its way up.

In her contribution, Ms Rice observed that for the first time, news emanating from Africa had turned from the negative issues such as AIDS, famine and wars to positive news about opportunities existing in the continent.

She congratulated Jonathan for his efforts at repositioning the country and advised on critical areas of responsibility which must be fulfilled in order to realise the potentials of the country.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/48281-why-nigerian-leaders-refuse-to-leave-office-jonathan-as-blair-rice-counsel-him
..........*think*think*think* AFRICA.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Eziachi: 11:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
agabaI23:

Who do you rather believe? A disgraced and lying politician paid to seat down and listen and telling those that paid him what they paid him for in Blair/Rice of Sir Richard Branson who had actually invested his hard earned cash in Nigeria and got his hands burnt by your corrupt and inept system?

You don't need to come from Nnewi to know that investing in Nigeria is like putting your money on a horse, unless you into vulture investment (Oil/Mobile Telecom)
I am from Orlu, the heartland of Igboland, I have invested too and almost lost everything I worked for all my life without the help of Nigeria.
The last person you should be listening to is Blair or Condo Rice. Had it been they are from the wrong countries, they must be sharing half cooked beans now with the likes of Charles Taylor in the Hague.
When a lion starts telling a young zebra how nice he looks and you think that his a compliment?- think again! that is what vultures like Blair/Rice are doing to your clueless president.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Pataki: 11:22pm On Sep 27, 2012
An amateur liar lying to professional liars. While the professional liars are further commending him for his lies and adding further lies to compound the lies already spewed.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by emmatok(m): 11:37pm On Sep 27, 2012
KBrown:

After reading posts made so far by those for GEJ and those against, one cannot but agree that the Pro GEJ group are far ahead of those against in terms of civility, honesty and patrotism to our fatherland.
How does it make people feel when they go all out to condemn the only country they can call theirs? Both FrankC and thelastpope have reeled out some major achievements under the present regime to which I expect people to give kudos to the govt.
Whil.e it is true that those in govt have a major role to play, People should learn to love this country and contribute their own quota, no matter how little. If all you do is to paint your country in positive light to outsiders, it is indeed something praise-worthy..

Patriotism my foot.

Nigerians are only patriotic when thier Man is in power.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Akanbiedu(m): 11:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
emmatok:

Patriotism my foot.

Nigerians are only patriotic when thier Man is in power.

True dat.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by thelastPope(m): 12:43am On Sep 28, 2012
Eziachi:
Who do you rather believe? A disgraced and lying politician paid to seat down and listen and telling those that paid him what they paid him for in Blair/Rice of Sir Richard Branson who had actually invested his hard earned cash in Nigeria and got his hands burnt by your corrupt and inept system?

You don't need to come from Nnewi to know that investing in Nigeria is like putting your money on a horse, unless you into vulture investment (Oil/Mobile Telecom)
I am from Orlu, the heartland of Igboland, I have invested too and almost lost everything I worked for all my life without the help of Nigeria.
The last person you should be listening to is Blair or Condo Rice. Had it been they are from the wrong countries, they must be sharing half cooked beans now with the likes of Charles Taylor in the Hague.
When a lion starts telling a young zebra how nice he looks and you think that his a compliment?- think again! that is what vultures like Blair/Rice are doing to your clueless president.

Are you not an eediot? It was someone thinking like you that advised vodacom not to do business in Nigeria and now they are regreting it. MTN took the right advise now they are mega. Complete ignoramus like you

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 8:09am On Sep 28, 2012
Jeboy: "The dictionary meaning of Demdem is a SCAVENGER that invades Nairaland and use all his sense organs to scan for evil news about his country and govt. just to paint it in bad light"

All he is interested is in stories at Nigeria is not working, GEJ is cluess etc. I can analyse all your posts in Nairaland for you to see. You dont criticize govt. for the good of this country, You have a personal agenda. You will never see him discuss as a progressive of this country.All he resorts to is name calling, paint a very bad picture of govt., run down good programmes, discredits good policies by telling you how it failed in Obj and Babangida era without giving better options. I weep for you because a time will come when these projects will be so obvious to the people that you will be so ashamed of your propangada that you will have no choice than to change your Username in Nairaland. If I am not sure of any GEJ reform at least am sure of POWER.

For the first time Nigeria came to democracy under GEJ, election petitions in courts as a result of electoral malpractices reduced by over 80% and you say the process is not fair enough? It may not be perfect but is far way better than what is obtainable in the past.

I think Seun and mods owe this country a duty for the sake of the integrity of Nigerians and good image, they should start deleting posts that is abusive and denigrate the people of Nigeria. I put it to Demdem that he cannot successfully rep a class of 40 undergradates as a governor but he will come here shouting like an orphan. I pity you cos you look like a paid agent of a politician that has lost elections.

Thrash. No basis at all. Am sure u want my attention no doubt. Now u gat it, so face topic foool
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 8:34am On Sep 28, 2012
thelastPope:

You know one thing I don't do is blind support for anyone whether GEJ or anybody. If I see a thread I can't defend him, even if I like him, I just pass. But I find it ridiculous most times here on NL because I just read frivolous and bogus stuff that have no credibility.

My friend dont patronise me. U suuck the retardeen's cock big time. Sane peeps will praise when he sees something good and condemn instantly if otherwise. u praise appropriately but when its time to condemn u prefer to chicken out. Thats cowardice and i detest such peeps. thats the difference between u and I. When power was improving, i saluted the retardeen's efforts but now that it seems as if its dwindling down again, very soon will hit him hard. Thats is how to know those that are truthful. U suck in such.

thelastPope: You are here quoting a house report and saying that they stuck to the report? A house that quickly convened and and added Otedola's name back to a report that they have previously and unanimously said aye to, to remove his name and you quote them as a reliable source for anyone to stand on. And your argument is based on the assertion that there must somehow be truth inside? What kind of ideology is that? What kind of scientific logic is that? There is a very good reason why the universal law is innocent until proven guilty. If it wasn't so, blackmail will be the most rewarding form of terrorism and people like you will be heads of terrorist cells

If the report is completely useless, the EFCC wont have used it as a basis for their investigation. The report is an investigative one that still needs to be worked on by security agents before implementation. The NASS cant implement it and even inside the report it was stated that the security agents should work on it so what is ur problem. Like i said earlier, the report isnt perfect but some basic facts which are irrefutable are embedded in. That exactly is what the govt of the day will like to shield from us all.
Check below for some extracts (summary) and refute them if u can

Page 4

1. Contrary to statutory requirements and other guidelines under the Petroleum Support Fund (PSF) Scheme mandating agencies in the industry to keep reliable information data base, there seemed to be a deliberate understanding among the agencies not to do so. This lack of record keeping contributed in no small measure to the decadence and rots the Committee found in the administration of the PSF. This is evident also in the budget preparatory process by MDAs where adequate data is not made available to the National Assembly. The Committee had to resort to forensic analysis and examination of varied and external sources (including the Lloyds List Intelligence) to verify simple transactions. In this regard, the PPPRA is strongly urged to publish henceforth, the PSF accounts on quarterly basis to ensure transparency and openness of the subsidy Scheme

Page 5

2. We found out that the subsidy regime, as operated between the period under review (2009 and 2011), were fraught with endemic corruption and entrenched inefficiency. Much of the amount claimed to have been paid as subsidy was actually not for consumed PMS. Government officials made nonsense of the PSF Guidelines due mainly to sleaze and, in some other cases, incompetence. It is therefore apparent that the insistence by top Government officials that the subsidy figures was for products consumed was a clear attempt to mislead the Nigerian people.

3. Thus, contrary to the earlier official figure of subsidy payment of N1.3 Trillion, the Accountant-General of the Federation put forward a figure of N1.6 Trillion, the CBN N1.7 Trillion, while the Committee established subsidy payment of N2,587.087 Trillion as at 31st December, 2011, amounting to more than 900% over the appropriated sum of N245 Billion. This figure of N2, 587.087Trillion is based on the CBN figure of N844.944b paid to NNPC, in addition to another figure of N847.942b reflected as withdrawals by NNPC from the excess crude naira account, as well as the sum of N894.201b paid as subsidy to the Marketers. The figure of N847.942b quoted above strongly suggests that NNPC might have been withdrawing from two sources especially when the double withdrawals were also reflected both in 2009 and in 2010.
However, it should be noted that as at the time the public hearing was concluded, there were outstanding claims by NNPC and the Marketers in excess of N270billion as subsidy payments for 2011.
Whereas the mandate of the Committee was necessitated by the removal of subsidy, the Committee found out that subsidy payment on kerosene formed an Integra part of the total sum.

Page 6

4. On its part, NNPC was found not to be accountable to any body or authority. The Corporation, in 2011, processed payment of N310.4 Billion as 2009 – 2011 arrears of subsidy on Kerosene, contrary to a Presidential Directive which removed subsidy on Kerosene in 2009. The Corporation also processed for itself, direct deduction of subsidy payment from amounts it received from other operations such as joint venture before paying the balance to the Federation Account, thereby depleting the shares of States and Local Governments from the distributable pool. Worse still, the direct deduction in 2011 alone, which amounted to N847.942 Billion, was effected without any provision in the Appropriation Act.

Page 7

5. While NNPC feasted on the Federation Account to bloat the subsidy payable, some of the marketers were involved in claiming subsidy on products not supplied. PPPRA laid this foundation by allocating volumes of products each quarter to the marketers which it knew were not in conformity with its own guidelines for participation.

I can go on and on and on. Now u refute any of it and tell me they weren't truthful on these issues. my position has always been that the list of indicted companies under all categories would have been compromised (that needs to be looked into again) but the report itself revealing the mess evident in the pet industry is true. That hasnt been compromised. so u see, u have decided to throw the baby and the water away but i decide to hold on to the baby and threw the water away (list of "indictees"wink

Its good to know also that u deliberately kept mute about the Minister subsidy thief (conflict of interest). Instead of u to condemn it, u have decided to keep quiet. anyway, its ur way just like u said. Its allowed.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 8:49am On Sep 28, 2012
agabaI23:

thelastPope:

Don't mind the funny chap! Brandson said nobody should go to Nigeria and you are quoting him. Very funny! That was the same nonsense the Vodacom CEO said 10 years ago when GSM was about to start and discouraged Vodacom from bidding. He was later sacked because he was a big f00l. MTN is now bigger than Vodacom in Africa and middle east. Vodacom lost billions of dollars benefits because they followed a stup1d advise of someone telling them that investing in Nigeria was bad.

Do u think i give a damn about Branson at all? Follow conversations and understand how that post came to being. Here is a man (respected business wise in his own country than blair) who came to invest and had to leave because our house is in shambles. This is to prove to u all that for every Blair and Rice (non business personalities) who talk in favour of our corrupt govt, there are also the likes of Branson who says exactly the opposite. So it cancels out immediately. Of cos FDI like i earlier stated is desirous but some basic things that needs to be put in place arent there. Its like our govt are simply placing the cart before the horse. Let those guys continue to cancel themselves in opinions while we continue to do the right thing in tiding our home. After some time, it will be evident to all that we are indeed the toast of all.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 8:51am On Sep 28, 2012
Eziachi:

Pa Eziachi grin grin, ur wisdom is acknowledged.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by BAMMZ(m): 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2012
Demdem reminds me of those good old days at GSS Ilorin when we used to argue just to feel good. I remember the eloquent Rasheed who bombards ur with loads of lies and yet many will surround him for more. Funny. That was in the Abacha era.Now we are men and we know better. Maybe we should start asking our parents why they were not presidents or even CEOs. That thing called leadership is not a joke,respect it.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Jeboy(m): 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2012
Demdem is just an intellectually lazy fellow that is why he resorts to dem say neews, propangada and abuse. I really miss beaf cos 1 beaf can destabilise 1 million Demdem intellectually and otherwise.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2012
Will u Eediots kindly highlight and bring to the open whatever av said and aren't so. Otherwise STFU and cover ur face in shame.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Tintinix: 1:20am On Sep 29, 2012
Demdem: Will u Eediots kindly highlight and bring to the open whatever av said and aren't so. Otherwise STFU and cover ur face in shame.

So for a change what would you
Rather see happen right in Nigeria?
Constructive feedback might just work people, u don't know who read this.

I read the other day that the running mate to Romney had put together a budget for the country and I was like why?? He was not President, VP, finance minister... Well he had postulated his own view of how to fix their economy,
Insults and Naysayers and even chronic yes men will not do us any good, how can we fix our country!
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by FrankC3: 9:07am On Sep 29, 2012
^
I agree with you. Most critics today are out to do malice or have some interests they want to project or protect. All these criticism and noise is not borne out of love for Nigeria, far from it. If not, why should people so resist good news coming from a country they love.

These same people will be happy to tell us to neglect the good news about Nigeria coming from Blair but should accept the bad news coming from Brandson. They feel that power supply must be 24/7 and run year round for atleast 10 years before they accept that we have achieved power stability while maintaining their position that Boko Haram flash attacks in some part of the North has made the whole of Nigeria so insecure. They even believed the testimony of Boko Haram that FG is insincere about dialogue despite the fact that Boko Haram might have killed their close relatives. Imagine, a Nigerian believing the testimony of Abu Quaqa against that of the SSS. They believe Sahara reporters malicious journalism but will insult Thisday if it post positive indicators about our economy.

They hate MTN for making much profits in Nigeria but advice investor against coming in because Nigeria is unprofitable, insecure and corrupt. These are our real enemies in this country. They uncharitably insult our President because a little know President somewhere in the globe gives out a portion of his salary to charity. Now, make no mistake about it, they will always come out to claim that they are gainfully employed and are 'big and busy' men, yet they have not told us what percentage of their own salary goes to charity every month.

Ask them about the community service they do, participation in monthly sanitation exercise, responsibility to their parents, wives, children or community and they will insult the President in return. They want change so dearly but that change rather not be them, it must be Mr. President!
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 29, 2012
If you disagree with Eziachi's view on this topic you are an id*ot.

Yep, thats my only contribution to this piece.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2012
Tintinix:

So for a change what would you
Rather see happen right in Nigeria?
Constructive feedback might just work people, u don't know who read this.

I read the other day that the running mate to Romney had put together a budget for the country and I was like why?? He was not President, VP, finance minister... Well he had postulated his own view of how to fix their economy,
Insults and Naysayers and even chronic yes men will not do us any good, how can we fix our country!

If after reading this whole thread u didn't see alternatives that I raised in contrast to what is presently going on then I think u have a problem. Most times I raise suggestions and many times I don't because we do have a deceptive govt that knows the truth but refuse to abide by it.

My first post on this thread was a better alternative to the rubbish spewed by the retardeen. So u see, what u said doesn't apply to me.

About calling him retardeen, that's no problem, he is simply among one of the many politicians being called names here even here on nairaland. He also has a single head so let's share the love.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
kingoflag: If you disagree with Eziachi's view on this topic you are an id*ot.

Yep, thats my only contribution to this piece.

And its a vital contribution for that matter. only Eediots will expect me to regard Blair for his paid opinion in contrast to branson who physically brought his money down. Besides these two still can't claim to have better understanding than nigerians themselves. Let the man that gives no damn live up to his responsibilities.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by taharqa: 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2012
Demdem:

And its a vital contribution for that matter. only Eediots will expect me to regard Blair for his paid opinion in contrast to branson who physically brought his money down. Besides these two still can't claim to have better understanding than nigerians themselves. Let the man that gives no damn live up to his responsibilities.

And have you heard the latest thing Branson said about investing in Nigeria....keep deceiving yrself and choosing what you want to belief.

http://www.punchng.com/business/transport/branson-willing-to-invest-again-in-nigeria/
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Demdem(m): 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
taharqa: And have you heard the latest thing Branson said about investing in Nigeria....keep deceiving yrself and choosing what you want to belief.

Kindly share for our consumption if there is any. Besides av earlier stated that be it rice or branson or Blair, they all are not to be trusted. Ours is to put our house in order and focus on providing the basic neccesities of life. Our govt should focus less on getting approval from paid foreigners to dance to their tunes.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Nobody: 1:52am On Sep 30, 2012
Frank-C:
^
I agree with you. Most critics today are out to do malice or have some interests they want to project or protect. All these criticism and noise is not borne out of love for Nigeria, far from it. If not, why should people so resist good news coming from a country they love.

These same people will be happy to tell us to neglect the good news about Nigeria coming from Blair but should accept the bad news coming from Brandson. They feel that power supply must be 24/7 and run year round for atleast 10 years before they accept that we have achieved power stability while maintaining their position that Boko Haram flash attacks in some part of the North has made the whole of Nigeria so insecure. They even believed the testimony of Boko Haram that FG is insincere about dialogue despite the fact that Boko Haram might have killed their close relatives. Imagine, a Nigerian believing the testimony of Abu Quaqa against that of the SSS. They believe Sahara reporters malicious journalism but will insult Thisday if it post positive indicators about our economy.

They hate MTN for making much profits in Nigeria but advice investor against coming in because Nigeria is unprofitable, insecure and corrupt. These are our real enemies in this country. They uncharitably insult our President because a little know President somewhere in the globe gives out a portion of his salary to charity. Now, make no mistake about it, they will always come out to claim that they are gainfully employed and are 'big and busy' men, yet they have not told us what percentage of their own salary goes to charity every month.

Ask them about the community service they do, participation in monthly sanitation exercise, responsibility to their parents, wives, children or community and they will insult the President in return. They want change so dearly but that change rather not be them, it must be Mr. President!

Imbe*cile, why wont they disbelieve anything that comes out of the mouth of the SSS and this horribly corrupt Govt of GEJ's?! The same GEJ that told the world that if subsidy wasnt removed the Country will collapse only for everyone to realize that the whole thing was a scam perpetuated by Jonasatan and his thieving gang. Or is it the recent lies he told that his wife was "resting" in Germany only for us to find out that Lady Umbullerra was about to kick the bucket?

Beaf Dude, abeg shut the hell up and find somewhere else to ply this your trade of lies because you'll have a hard time convincing majority of us on here.
Re: Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office by Eziachi: 11:26am On Oct 03, 2012
thelastPope:

Are you not an eediot? It was someone thinking like you that advised vodacom not to do business in Nigeria and now they are regreting it. MTN took the right advise now they are mega. Complete ignoramus like you
You don't know me , neither do I care to know you either. We have our views and its our right to express them, if abusing an unknown person online whom you disagree with his/her views is your way, it tell much about you and from where they unleashed you on humanity.

You can believe whatever your local/foreign oppressors are yarning at you, that is your choice. The likes of Blair and Rice has no means of livelihood except collecting public money from the likes of Uniport-made PHD Nigerian leader.

MTN are vulture investors, who never had any root on the ground wherever they are. They employ few people, like drivers and mail runners, the better jobs are given to relatives of their host collaborators, they pay little or no tax and make the corrupt tax collectors rich. That is why they are king in corrupt African nations, where nothing is done by the book. I will rather had a small firm that makes Ice cream come and invest in my village that will build a local factory, source material locally with local labour and thereby improves the lives or ordinary people.

This are the type of investors your clueless leader should be sourcing and they are found locally in abundance. All they need is the environment to succeed. Instead of running abroad all the time wasting public money looking for vultures in Oil/Telecom that bring nothing but take billions away and tomorrow their partners in crime like IMF will part you on the back that you are growing by two digits and your slowpoke rulers will jump up clapping upon their own ignorance.

I had been around so long to know Nigeria and their month by month pretending patriotic rulers- If there is a degree for it, I deserve a PHD on it by now. I feel sorry for the likes of you, because sooner rather than later, you will also learn how others before your generation had. Take it or leave it, investing your hard earned cash in Nigeria is like betting on an injured horse, unless you are part of their rotting system or you are ready to dance to their corrupt tune. I am speaking by personal experience and I am not the only one and will not be the last.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor / APC Passes Vote Of Confidence On Oshiomhole, NWC / Atiku Donates ₦50 Million To Victims Of Flood In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.