Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,066 members, 7,828,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours (31783 Views)

Photos Of Flood In Ariaria Market (a Line) Aba, Abia State / Fashola Dressed In Raincoats Visits The Scene Of Flood In Papa Ashafa,Agege(Pics / Pictures Of Flood In Isoko Communities, Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by killuminati(m): 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2012
Rooneyboy:
U don't now what ur saying, festac has underground drainages.
Na white people do am na.
if na white nko
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by angelsing(m): 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
We can complain abt the govt for all will like, even crucify fashola for it but the facts is we masses contribute to it...we keep dumping refuse in our drainage. Even when the waste management staff comes to pick our dirt, some pple still refuse to pay the money only for them to go to a nearby bush to dump it. So like i say, will all have to share from the blame.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by tcoach(m): 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
8.30 am this morning@ muritala animashaun close, adelabu, surulere

Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by pheesayor(m): 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
Rooneyboy:
U don't now what ur saying, festac has underground drainages.
Na white people do am na.

Festac has a very excellent drainage system but "I don't care" attitude of most present and past residents has blocked most of them, plus govt negligence over the years. Some parts get flooded and some parts don't. Most close in festac have got their water drainage outlets blocked and they ignored it. I'm a Festac product and I'm still there so I know what I'm saying

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2012
tcoach: 8.30 am this morning@ muritala animashaun close, adelabu, surulere [img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/834322_2012-09-27_08_53_38_640x480_jpg3a5c09ce0fba35f369de4dde7f64b650[/img]
I cannot see any drainage system in that photo.
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by ak4God(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2012
Heavy Rainfall,but Festac is tight,nothing like flood,Good drainage.Its been really cool here.Infact the best place to live in Lagos is Festac,all the way.I wonder what people in other part of Lagos,including the so called Island will be going through right now?Festac on point Jo.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by philipstanley(m): 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2012
cyberknight; wat am saying is dis, would u prefer 2 die just because de Govt, didnt do wat de ought 2do? No!. No normal human will do dat. Dat's y i like our 4-FATHERS de neva depend on de Govt, or watsoeva, de did wat de thought was right, so we 9jarians should stop crying and start praying and doing things which we knw is right 2 build a better 9ja
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by T9ksy(m): 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2012
Castos: flood go gooo!! swallow lagos that's my command

Castos: sofar it's Lagos, am ok. Plus any Lagosian found in running towards Anambra must b lockd up with hard labour. lagos must turn to lagoon. fashola my aaaaaasssssss!!!!!!!

Geez! The level of hatred you ibos harbour for us yorubas is quite frightening yet you lot are all over our region.

Am sure no yoruba "lagosian" would head for your erosion-ravaged, kidnappers' den, if push comes to shove.

If the almighty does not deem if fit to turn lagos into a lagoon, you and your ilk are welcomed to give it a go.

Bloody moraphuckin' ingrates.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by Lero15(m): 2:11pm On Sep 27, 2012
Lordrama: hahahah good for lagos
Shame on u.Are u not a Nigerian?
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by LAX89(m): 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
T9ksy:
[color=#000099][i]Geez! The level of hatred you ibos harbour for us yorubas is quite frightening yet you lot are all over our region.
Am sure no yoruba "lagosian" would head for your erosion-ravaged, kidnappers' den, if push comes to shove.

If the almighty does not deem if fit to turn lagos into a lagoon, you and your ilk are welcomed to give it a go.

@T9ksy

Bros, do not allow the mindless stupidity and foolishness of one person or a handful of people becloud your mind into disparaging a whole tribe. Nigeria is still one. Only a fool will make the comments castos made. Any disaster in any part of Nigeria affects us all, at least all right-thinking and reasonable ones amongst us. I'm very saddened by what I'm seeing in Lagos now, infact I had to call someone in Naija to verify that my eyes were not deceiving me. And I can tell you I'm not from Lagos, neither I'm I presently in Naija, nevertheless, it breaks my heart to see this. We are all victims of the selfish and slow political class we have in Nigeria, regardless of what part of Nigeria you are from.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by dadicvila(m): 2:18pm On Sep 27, 2012
philip stanley: cyberknight; wat am saying is dis, would u prefer 2 die just because de Govt, didnt do wat de ought 2do? No!. No normal human will do dat. Dat's y i like our 4-FATHERS de neva depend on de Govt, or watsoeva, de did wat de thought was right, so we 9jarians should stop crying and start praying and doing things which we knw is right 2 build a better 9ja
did our fore fathers pay tax to government??people like you will never understand that the government have a responsibility to its people which is the provision of gud roads,electricity,security etc...thats why they are called GOVERNMENT,thats why they make billions of naira daily from crude oil sales,so failure to do their job must bring about complains and revolt from the citizens....you people are quick to ask "what are you doing to make Nigeria better?" whereas you yourself is doing NOTHING...i pay my tax and am also a law abiding citizen,if thats not enough then am sori dia is notin more i can do
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by anitank(f): 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2012
This has gone way beyond serious. This is catastrophic!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by cibilola(f): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
Anitank, where was that picture taken?
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by dasparrow: 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2012
cibilola: Anitank, where was that picture taken?

Certainly not in Lagos this morning because I saw that picture posted here yesterday and I think it was taken in Benue State if I am not mistaken.

@Post

This year's raining season has really caused alot of havoc. It's just terrible.
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by T9ksy(m): 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2012
LAX89:

@T9ksy

Bros, do not allow the mindless stupidity and foolishness of one person or a handful of people becloud your mind into disparaging a whole tribe. Nigeria is still one. Only a fool will make the comments castos made. Any disaster in any part of Nigeria affects us all, at least all right-thinking and reasonable ones amongst us. I'm very saddened by what I'm seeing in Lagos now, infact I had to call someone in Naija to verify that my eyes were not deceiving me. And I can tell you I'm not from Lagos, neither I'm I presently in Naija, nevertheless, it breaks my heart to see this. We are all victims of the selfish and slow political class we have in Nigeria, regardless of what part of Nigeria you are from.

@ LAX89,

I hear you but its not the first or the second time i have been exposed to this level of animosity from my ibo brothers. Whenever something

untoward occurs in yorubaland, you see ibos descend on such threads, wishing all sorts of calamity on the yorubas yet still claim that as

nigerians, they have the right to reside in our region. Its like living in the same house with a sworn enemy.

The pictures broke my heart too, more so for the fact that this depiction is not peculiar to Lagos, alone. Yet, we have that

slowpoke asking for lagos to be turned into a lagoon knowing fully well that a lot of nigerians(Hausa, Ibo, Yorubas etc) will be killed

in the process.If that picture was from his village, would he pray that his whole village be turned into a lagoon, killing all his family

members?

Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by Rhapsody1(f): 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
anitank: This has gone way beyond serious. This is catastrophic!

This is way beyond terrible. Please where is this?
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by free2ryhme: 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2012
Lordrama: hahahah good for lagos

akpa!
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by dvcol: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2012
ACN wah do u have 2 say on this one?
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by Angel778(f): 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2012
anitank: This has gone way beyond serious. This is catastrophic!
Aba!!! how many time una go post dis pics nw? dis same pics 4 lokoja, benue flood and now lagos!
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by philipstanley(m): 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
Now wat do u intend doing wen de Govt fail 2 do wat is expected? Are u going 2 fold ur hands as a fool? Or do u think ur complain would solve dis problem? 4 hw long will u wait 4 Govt wen u see urself, frnds, family and ur fellow brethren becoming homeless. Foodless, and restless? Dis is nt a matter of u paying tax or nt.
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by Enockia(m): 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
just terrible
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by anitank(f): 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
Angel_777: Aba!!! how many time una go post dis pics nw? dis same pics 4 lokoja, benue flood and now lagos!
Rhapsody!:

This is way beyond terrible. Please where is this?
Angel I didn't say its Lagos but the flood has gone way beyond too much.
Rhapsody its Lokoja oohh
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by kelvincoll(m): 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2012
It was something else today angry angry

Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by shakur4luv(m): 4:37pm On Sep 27, 2012
guys dont worri we are working lagos state is working wait till when water carry people go den we will commence.. Who carry my cup of garri who? undecided
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by cristog120: 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2012
result of poor drainage system in all road construction in lagos
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by dayokanu(m): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2012
T9ksy:

Geez! The level of hatred you ibos harbour for us yorubas is quite frightening yet you lot are all over our region.

Are you surprised?

When I say most of them are animals dem go say I too harsh
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by Adufaye(m): 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2012
pheesayor: The rain started like a child's play yesterday and got worse today, this is close 29 in satellite town Lagos, post pictures of other places if you can.
chai e no luk lyk close 29,at all
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by T9ksy(m): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Are you surprised?

As a kid, an uncle of mine was fond of making similar assertion (as bolded above) but then, i thought he was talking c.r.ap.

Now, am not so sure.
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2012
Where is lastma let them go and catch the water it is going against the traffic by flooding the road

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by eros(m): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2012
gboss4sure: Where is lastma let them go and catch the water it is going against the traffic by flooding the road

grin grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by iverson2319(m): 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2012
all4naija: They should try more! They should get loans and construct underground networks of drainage and canals like the ones in Los Angeles, California.
..._ get big eyes oooooo lmao
Re: Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours by iykak47: 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Are you surprised?

Look at this Ezi Bida talking about animal, are you not the hypocrite blaming GEJ at the other thread over Lokoja flood, now you are deaf and dumb because this is about Lagos.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Made-In-Aba Box Lai Mohammed, Ngige & Others Received In Abia / Buhari Signs Regulations To Make Wearing Facemasks Mandatory / Florence Ita-Giwa Decamps To APC With Governor Ayade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.