Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work (10436 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by ayoku777(m): 6:05am On Apr 06, 2016
asalimpo:

That said, christians (NT believers) have a better covenant. They can bind and loose.
They can decree.
They can speak to their mountain. etc
Also they have the person of the Holy Spirit , indwelling them, so not all answers need to come from heaven. infact, they dont need to pray about everything.
When peter was ministering to the leper at the beautiful gate, he didnt pray- He just released the power he had inside and the man was healed.

Valid point!
Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by ayoku777(m): 6:12am On Apr 06, 2016
analice107:

Yes brother.

Your last point is where most Christians miss it. Am guilty here. We beg too much. How do u beg your father for what you know he has said you can take?

This dispensation is the dispensation of power. Like Peter we ought to call for what has already be given. Look at Jesus, he never prayed beggerly prayer. He gave thanks and called forth. Releasing the power is what Christians need to know how to do now.

True!
Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by Joagbaje(m): 6:56am On Apr 06, 2016
analice107:
@Ops.
For the benefit of others here, I will like you to throw more light on why you think God allowed Angel Gabriel to be detained for 3 weeks, while his servant Daniel waited.
When Daniel started praying, God answered by sending Gabriel with a responds, He also new that Gabriel is not a Warrior Angel, so will not, or can not do anything to free himself from the unslaught of demons. The demons knew that fact too. So, why didn't God sent Michael right away to release Gabriel, why wait to 3 weeks? Over to you sir, or anyone??

Why don't you tell us your opinion on this ? Well my understanding of this is that there are territorial spirits . Certain spirits ruling over an area as satanic supervisors . Such was the demon called prince of Persia . As you said earlier the persistence of Daniel was required to send a more powerful angel of warfare .
Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by JMG1: 7:08am On Apr 06, 2016
analice107:

Brother. I learned something new today. I have been bugged down a little of late, with exactly your question. I have prayed and prayed, nothing. Today, in our one hour daily prayer, the whole thing hit me as I was praying, and all of a sudden, the fire just went off me. I became embittered in my spirit. I just stopped and stood for a while not saying anything. Then I started praying for Joy. I asked God to take bitterness away from me, and give me Joy. If I allow bitterness and disappointment to settle in me, I'll be the one to lose. I have trusted God this far, I shouldn't let go now. I bounced back.
But after prayer, I decided to have a talk with a sister. The first thing out of her mouth was answer to the tumult that was raging in me. Without knowing it, she settle an issue in my heart. God used her mouth to speak to me.
I didn't ask her anything relating to this, she just started talking. I was shocked. God is real.
She said to me. There are two kinds of Christians.
1.The Called. Short term
2. The Chosen. Long term.
The called, their assignments are short term. She liken them to crops like Maize, groundnut, pepper, and yam. which after planting, can be harvested under a year. After harvest, that's it. You have to plant again, and again.
McMahon
But the Chosen, are likened to cash crops. You have to plant them and wait. But when their harvest comes, it covers every thing the others had harvested. And their harvests keeps on and on.
This is the season of Mango. If you have a Mango tree, or orange, or coconut, Cocoa, and plums. Know that, every year, your fruits will come. You will eat and have to sell. And this tress do not need plenty rainfall or sunshine to do well. They are there, in and out of season. Producing fruits.
The Called--their answers come as they ask, because their assignments are brief.

The Chosen, their answers are delayed, both by God and withstood by satan. Why does God allow you to tarry? To teach you patience in the field.

Why does Satan withstand you? to hinder and weaken you. To discourage you to abandon your post. To derail you. To cause you to say "there's no God", or probably turn to him and lose out on your eternal inheritance.
The calls gets things easily, but the chosen doesnt, but when their answers eventually come, they are enviable.

Something I have learned recently; I am God's property. Like a vessel he made me, if He decides, I carry water, then water is it. If He decides I carry flower, then flowers is it. All I have to do is be available.

Brother, if it doesn't happen now, it's either, I prayed outside his Will, it's not yet time, or Satan is in the details, meaning I have to press more.
Insightful. Your reply sister just brought out another question. How do one know if the request is outside his Will, not yet time or satan is at hand.

Reason for this question is because in my own case this request is born out of love as one of the fruit of the spirit. I know deep in my spirit that I have to keep making this requesting because truthfully sometime I just wish I can stop making this request but anytime I think so, my spirit always encourage me to keep asking and not to be discouraged or give up. If the request was particularly about I only, I would have stopped but its not.

Now back to the question,How do one know if the request is outside his Will, not yet time or satan is at hand?
Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by analice107: 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2016
JMG1:

Insightful. Your reply sister just brought out another question. How do one know if the request is outside his Will, not yet time or satan is at hand.

Reason for this question is because in my own case this request is born out of love as one of the fruit of the spirit. I know deep in my spirit that I have to keep making this requesting because truthfully sometime I just wish I can stop making this request but anytime I think so, my spirit always encourage me to keep asking and not to be discouraged or give up. If the request was particularly about I only, I would have stopped but its not.

Now back to the question,How do one know if the request is outside his Will, not yet time or satan is at hand?

What you should look out for when asking or making a request is;
1. What does the word of God say about that thing?
2. Is it promised to you as a believer?
3. Why do you want it? (MOTIVE)
4. Is it a general gift promised to all believers?
5. Is it a specific gift? e.g, Tongues are given to all believers, but prophesy is specific. They are believers who have the gift of Faith. They can attempt anything believing it will work. Those are the ones who can boldly lay hands on the dead and believe they can bring it back to life.
They are revelational gifts, sight, auditory, when they speak by faith, it happens.

These are specific gifts.
Why are they specific?
It's because not all have the grace to function under them.
They come with a price.
Sacrifice; you will live a fasted life, self denial. Spiritual Discipline, total obedience to the Holy Spirit. Attacks from the kingdom of darkness.

If you are asking something you know it's promised to you as a believer. Meaning, it's contained in the redemption package, but you are asking and no answer is coming forth, check yourself, is there a secret unconfessed sin? If there is, the adversary may just be capitalising on it and delaying you. But, if you have received assurance in the spirit that your prayers have been answered, then wait. Patience is what is needed.

Another thing, unbelief. Most of us Christians pray unbelieving prayer. When you play and say, "if it happens OK, but if it doesn't, let your will be done" If you find yourself praying such prayers, you will never recieve answers, because you are not sure of anything.

Did God said he will do it? Did he say you should ask? Then ask and believe he will do it.

Mark 11:24 says, Therefore, I say unto you, what thing so ever you desire, when you PRAY, BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE RECIEVED THEM, AND YOU SHALL HAVE THEM.
When you have asked once. Stop asking, start thanking Him for answers.
If you keep asking, you will be working in doubt and unbelief. (If you keep asking, Satan may present himself as an Angel of light and present a counterfeit gift. Gifts are deceitful. I would prefer, you allow yourself naturally manifest your gifts rather than asking for them).

Again, when you pray with a double mind, (whether him go do am?) . You will never recieve it.
James 1:7-8 says, Let not that man think he will recieve anything from the Lord;
For a double minded man is unstable in all his ways, like the waves of the sea.
So, brother, check it out from the word, if He has promised you that thing, and you have met the requirement which is being born again, if you ask but no answer, WAIT. He does everything beautiful in his time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by analice107: 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
Joagbaje:

Why don't you tell us your opinion on this ? Well my understanding of this is that there are territorial spirits . Certain spirits ruling over an area as satanic supervisors . Such was the demon called prince of Persia . As you said earlier the persistence of Daniel was required to send a more powerful angel of warfare .
I think I gave my views in this regard.
Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by analice107: 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
KweenSisan:

therefore being justified by faith..we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus christ
by whom also we have access by faith into his grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God
(FOCUS) and not only so..but we glory in tribulations also..knowing that tribulations worketh patience
and patience experience..and experience hope
and hope maketh not ashamed...in summary...it happened to teach Daniel something..and to teach us something..bcoz i wud term daniels period of wait-tribulation..dats how i see it
Hahahahahahahaha. I love you girl.
I agree totally. It's like planting a seed, or laying an egg, there's always the incubation period. It's the tribulation, or waiting, patient period.
Like you said, Patience builds experience=discipline= christian character.
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by Prized: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2016
Its about getting blessed and getting hooked. Meet with God and meet your spouse. its The Christian Singles Forum. Join us if you are a dedicated Christian, single and still searching. God might meet that need in there....

If interested pls add this BB Pin to join - 58BF47FE. and you will be redirected to the whatsapp group

We need to know you are for real on BBM first before we add you to the whatsapp group

stay blessed
Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by JMG1: 6:55am On Apr 07, 2016
analice107:

What you should look out for when asking or making a request is;
1. What does the word of God say about that thing?
2. Is it promised to you as a believer?
3. Why do you want it? (MOTIVE)
4. Is it a general gift promised to all believers?
5. Is it a specific gift? e.g, Tongues are given to all believers, but prophesy is specific. They are believers who have the gift of Faith. They can attempt anything believing it will work. Those are the ones who can boldly lay hands on the dead and believe they can bring it back to life.
They are revelational gifts, sight, auditory, when they speak by faith, it happens.

These are specific gifts.
Why are they specific?
It's because not all have the grace to function under them.
They come with a price.
Sacrifice; you will live a fasted life, self denial. Spiritual Discipline, total obedience to the Holy Spirit. Attacks from the kingdom of darkness.

If you are asking something you know it's promised to you as a believer. Meaning, it's contained in the redemption package, but you are asking and no answer is coming forth, check yourself, is there a secret unconfessed sin? If there is, the adversary may just be capitalising on it and delaying you. But, if you have received assurance in the spirit that your prayers have been answered, then wait. Patience is what is needed.

Another thing, unbelief. Most of us Christians pray unbelieving prayer. When you play and say, "if it happens OK, but if it doesn't, let your will be done" If you find yourself praying such prayers, you will never recieve answers, because you are not sure of anything.

Did God said he will do it? Did he say you should ask? Then ask and believe he will do it.

Mark 11:24 says, Therefore, I say unto you, what thing so ever you desire, when you PRAY, BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE RECIEVED THEM, AND YOU SHALL HAVE THEM.
When you have asked once. Stop asking, start thanking Him for answers.
If you keep asking, you will be working in doubt and unbelief. (If you keep asking, Satan may present himself as an Angel of light and present a counterfeit gift. Gifts are deceitful. I would prefer, you allow yourself naturally manifest your gifts rather than asking for them).

Again, when you pray with a double mind, (whether him go do am?) . You will never recieve it.
James 1:7-8 says, Let not that man think he will recieve anything from the Lord;
For a double minded man is unstable in all his ways, like the waves of the sea.
So, brother, check it out from the word, if He has promised you that thing, and you have met the requirement which is being born again, if you ask but no answer, WAIT. He does everything beautiful in his time.

Wow. Thanks a lot sister. You hit the nail where I needed it. Am a born again filled with the Holy Spirit and there is indeed a confirmation of an answered prayer concerning the request in my spirit so I guess I will just WAIT and EXPECT then. God bless you ma
Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by dorox(m): 9:15am On Apr 07, 2016
Instead of dwelling on fantasy that offers nothing but the empty promise of a magical break through, you guys should learn how to put you brain to work in the real world by thinking critically.
Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by analice107: 9:22am On Apr 07, 2016
JMG1:

Wow. Thanks a lot sister. You hit the nail where I needed it. Am a born again filled with the Holy Spirit and there is indeed a confirmation of an answered prayer concerning the request in my spirit so I guess I will just WAIT and EXPECT then. God bless you ma
Welcome anytime.
Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by KweenSisan(f): 3:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
dorox:
Instead of dwelling on fantasy that offers nothing but the empty promise of a magical break through, you guys should learn how to put you brain to work in the real world by thinking critically.
what do u mean by that?
Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by analice107: 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
KweenSisan:
what do u mean by that?
You shouldn't have bothered answering him. He missed his way into the gathering of God's children.

1 Like

Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
KweenSisan:

what do u mean by that?
Stop believing in angels. They're fantasy. You can be an angel. Put yourself to work.
Re: How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work by KweenSisan(f): 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Stop believing in angels. They're fantasy. You can be an angel. Put yourself to work.
,,ok..be it unto you according to your faith

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed / How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires / Daddy Adeboye Is Innocent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.