Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20684 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:17pm On Dec 22, 2012
The world most celebrated feast is around the corner, everyone is preparing, houses are decorated, schools and offices, people wear Christmas hats,
Gifs from left and right, Children presurising parents for toys, The market is crowded with so much items and people,
So much advertisement in the TV on Christmas, firdge filled up with much alcohol, Special meal are cook on this great day [size=14pt]25th[/size]etc..etc.

But come to think of it, are true Christian ever sat down and ask themselve why Christmas has been this important to the entire world?

No one will eat a food that he/she does not know where it comes from or what ingredients used in cooking that food.
Likewise, Christians that celebrate Christmas would as well want to know the source and root of this world wide great feast.

It may be that it is rooted from the Scripture or that the Apostles or Jesus Mother instructed it? well, only the Scripture can speak for us.
So, i had like Christians that celebrate Christmas to please tell us if they have a knowledge of what they celebrate, or if they
celebrate it without knowing what it means.

So few questions for you:

When was the earliest december 25 (christmas day) marked?

When was it officially made a civic Holiday in the Roman Empire?

Was this before Jesus birth or after?

Did the Apostle or Jesus Mother celebrated it?

You can get your answers from the Scripture or the Catholic Encyclopedia, 1911 edition.

Notes: Ancient Christmas pictures can be posted by anyone. Have fun as we discover Christmas.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
Good questions!

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by eddyspice(m): 10:25pm On Dec 22, 2012
seriallink: Good questions!
yeah questions that need answers indeed

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:54pm On Dec 23, 2012
seriallink: Good questions!

Yeah my broda its a good question, but i can tell you many will hid from answering it hahahaha.... grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
eddy spice: yeah questions that need answers indeed

Only the Catholics are proud to defend Christmas anytime anyday, other Christians who criticised them can't even stand to defend it.

They better tell us the History of Christmas or they should stop accussing Catholics of men traditions.

NA THESAME ROPE TIE THEM TOGETHER grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
plappville:

Yeah my broda its a good question, but i can tell you many will hid from answering it hahahaha.... grin

Minus SL grin Christmas ko Christmisti ni grin I no see am for Bible. I ain't part of it!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
seriallink:

Minus SL grin Christmas ko Christmisti ni grin I no see am for Bible. I ain't part of it!

The big big names PASTORS see am for bible? Thank God for you bro.... cool

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
The Birthday of the world jesus celebration in the beach....

Christians partake in world largest feastival.....S....M.....H

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by tintingz(m): 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2012
Christmas is a pagan day. . .
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
tintingz: Christmas is a pagan day. . .

Some of my fellow Christians will tell you nothing is wrong with it, even whenthey know how it was bithed! cry
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
Six white boomers, snow white boomers
Racing Santa Claus through the blazing sun
Six white boomers, snow white boomers........ On his Australian run

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2012
Tomorrow, Satan will be Happy once again for the world celebrating Him at same time as Christian hahahahahah.....

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

Exactly what i am doing....exposing Christmas origin. Many are still ignorant to accept Christ for just what the Scripture gave us.

Proverbs 1:10 My son, if sinners entice you, do not give in to them.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2012
Ancient Chrismas photo!

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 9:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
Paganism IDOLs, same potrait for our LORD Jesus Christ....The church is living in idolatry, C'est DOMAGE! cry cry

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2012
More Ancient Cristmas pictures, how does this concern Christ?

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 9:46pm On Dec 24, 2012
How it used to be celebrated in the ancient days....Photos for prove!

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 9:50pm On Dec 24, 2012
Romans 13:12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

Christians, what do you celebrate with the Pagans??, see it!

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 10:11pm On Dec 24, 2012
The church has lied to you that she have changed the origin of this feast, how did they do that? do you borther to asked, or you just don't care?

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 10:30pm On Dec 24, 2012
If you claim not to know what you celebrate, here is the trace of it....They have liad to you.

No where will you find where The Apostles instructed us to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.

The Apostles expected us to follow thier example, this means, One has to let go this pagan FEASTIVAL called CHRISTMAS (YULE)

This is men invention, if it was possible they could have inserted it in the scripture, but they couldn't because God has alway promised to preserved his word.

ISAIAH 40:8 -- “The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.” Psalm 33:11,PSALM 111:7-8, ISAIAH 59:21

Are Christians today following example? Did Paul and others Celebrated Christ birth NO....

"Brethren, be followers of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example." -- Philippians 3:17 1 Thessalonians 2:1-12
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 10:34pm On Dec 24, 2012
[size=14pt]The Pagan Origins of Christmas Decorations Traditions at Christmas from the Celtic Festival of Yule[/size] by JOANNE E. BRANNAN:

Many people enjoy Pagan Christmas traditions without knowing of their origins. From the Yule wreath to candles and lights, ancient practices abound at Christmas

Fairy lights and evergreen decorations are essential decorations in many households at Christmas. Wonderfully evocative in the darkest period of the year, they are remnants of very old pre-Christian beliefs about the return of the sun and the stillness of the midwinter.

[size=14pt]Significance of Holly at Christmas:[/size]

Pagans celebrate the rebirth of the sun at midwinter, rather than the birth of the Son of God celebrated by Christians at this time. The renewed ascent of the sun in the sky beginning at the winter solstice was symbolically reenacted as a battle between the oak tree of the summer and the holly tree of the winter.

The bright red berries of the holly bush represented fertility in the depths of the dormant winter, a promise of the return of light, warmth and light.

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2012
The winter is here again, here comes the historical festival in display by ignorant Christians.

[size=14pt]Celtic Fire Festival of Yule[/size]

The Winter Solstice occurs on December 21 in the Northern hemisphere, June 21 in the Southern Hemisphere. Known as the Festival of Yule to pagans, the winter solstice is the shortest day, and the longest night of the year. The Celtic fire festival of Yule was a time of renewal and rebirth, celebrated by lighting fires to welcome back the lengthening days. The remnants of this practice may be found in the charming tradition of the Yule log, still enjoyed by many people at Christmas even today.

The lighting of candles and modern Christmas lights is also a relic of this ancient need to bring light to the darkest time of the year, and even in this era of electric lights that dispel the gloom all year round, many people still enjoy the warming feeling of seeing a beautifully lit tree or an array of lighted candles.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2012
See the picture below.

[size=14pt]Origins of the Christmas Wreath[/size]

The circle of the Yule or Christmas wreath represents the pagan “Wheel of the Year” or “Circle of Life” that marks the annual changes in the seasons at the Festivals celebrated at the solstices and equinoxes.

An ancient belief concerning the Pagan festival of Yule is that the wheel of the year stops briefly at this time of the winter solstice. It was taboo to turn a wheel, or even a butter churn, on the shortest day. Traditionally, a Yule wreath is made with holly and ivy, two plants that work in magical harmony to provide protection to any household with a Christmas wreath on the door.

Ancient Pagan traditions have been seamlessly adopted into the modern Christian Festival, and no doubt boughs of ever green plants and the light of a flame bring hope and warmth to modern man in the depths of winter just as they did to the ancients.

The Christmas wreath, like many other Christmas Traditions, has ancient Pagan origins in the festival of Yule.

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 10:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
Say no to unscriptural practice/doctrine, follow examples of biblicak figures. May God open our eyes, we need to run to light for Christ is light.
To be continued.....
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 10:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
Well, God knows our heart that we are not celebrating any pagan rubbish. The truth is that Jesus was born and if he was born it means he has a birthday. We do not know the exact date but i see december 25th as a day set out to remember and celebrate the birth of Jesus. In the bible the birth of Jesus was celebrated by the angels, the shepherds, the wise men etc so there's nothing wrong in celebrating the birth of Jesus wether on 25th of december or anyday that anybody or church chooses. However the madness that some people display in the name of christmas celebration is what am against.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2012
alexleo: Well, God knows our heart that we are not celebrating any pagan rubbish. The truth is that Jesus was born and if he was born it means he has a birthday. We do not know the exact date but i see december 25th as a day set out to remember and celebrate the birth of Jesus. In the bible the birth of Jesus was celebrated by the angels, the shepherds, the wise men etc so there's nothing wrong in celebrating the birth of Jesus wether on 25th of december or anyday that anybody or church chooses. However the madness that some people display in the name of christmas celebration is what am against.

2 peter 1: 20 knowing this first of all, that ""no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation"". 21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Who was this Prophet God spoke to, aside the Scripture to set aside this date? just if we are to follow this scripture above undecided
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2012
alexleo: However the madness that some people display in the name of christmas celebration is what am against.

They are not mad, it has been the way it was celebrated, it was even worse than this before Christianity was revealed to them.

So, on a normal situation, they feast is feltish, nothing Biblical in it. The truth may be bitter but i believe it is sweet to the heart of those who fear God.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 11:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
plappville: Say no to unscriptural practice/doctrine, follow examples of biblicak figures. May God open our eyes, we need to run to light for Christ is light.
To be continued.....

My dear sister, i see nothing wrong in remembering and celebrating the birth of Jesus. The angels celebrated it in luke 2:9 - 15 and the shepherd celebrated it in luke 2:20. We can condemn the manner which it is celebrated but not the entire idea. 25th december is just a day brought out to celebrate his birth and we are not saying its exactly the date he was born.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 11:23pm On Dec 24, 2012
plappville:

They are not mad, it has been the way it was celebrated, it was even worse than this before Christianity was revealed to them.

So, on a normal situation, they feast is feltish, nothing Biblical in it. The truth may be bitter but i believe it is sweet to the heart of those who fear God.

Whichever way the choose to clebrate whatever is their business. For us we are celebrating Jesus and there is nothing unbiblical about celebrating Jesus. I ve given out verses where the birth of Jesus was celebrated.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 11:30pm On Dec 24, 2012
plappville:

Whichever way they choose to celebrate whatever, is their business. For us we are celebrating Jesus and there is nothing unbiblical about celebrating Jesus. I ve given out verses where the birth of Jesus was celebrated. Wether pagans are celebrating anything on that day doesnt make any meaning to us. Pagans and evil men also celebrate or worship one thing or the other on sundays and we couldnt be bothered anyway.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 11:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
alexleo:

My dear sister, i see nothing wrong in remembering and celebrating the birth of Jesus. The angels celebrated it in luke 2:9 - 15 and the shepherd celebrated it in luke 2:20. We can condemn the manner which it is celebrated but not the entire idea. 25th december is just a day brought out to celebrate his birth and we are not saying its exactly the date he was born.

If it was not wrong, the examples will be spread over scripture. There are only 2 birthday occasions recorded in the bible, One king HEROD, two king PHEROAH. BOTH ARE PAGANS.

These two evens were well penned as birthday, why is Christ own not? be informed that these events have similarities in that they're both marked by celebrations and executions, one was the death of Pharaoh's chief baker and the beheading of John the Baptist by Herod)(Genesis 40:18-22; 41:13); (Matthew 14:6-11; Mark 6:21-28).

What is the good example of birthday? which of the Rigteous figures can you point out celebrated yearly birthday apart from these two pagans? This is where the problem is.

It doesn't matter, or there is nothing wrong, traditions are multiplying, growing in the church every blessed day. This is no doubt Prophecy in fulfillment.

S M H....
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 11:34pm On Dec 24, 2012
alexleo:

Whichever way they choose to celebrate whatever, is their business. For us we are celebrating Jesus and there is nothing unbiblical about celebrating Jesus. I ve given out verses where the birth of Jesus was celebrated. Wether pagans are celebrating anything on that day doesnt make any meaning to us. Pagans and evil men also celebrate or worship one thing or the other on sundays and we couldnt be bothered anyway.

The verse you presented did not say Christ birthday was celebrated...See my last post for more about what the bible teaches on birthday.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by tintingz(m): 11:58pm On Dec 24, 2012
@plappville. . .tho am not christian buh you posted the truth smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

How To Understand Mathew 10:34 / Photos From Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Birthday Ceremony / Church Members Flog The Ground (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.