Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Microsoft Windows Vista Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Windows Vista Problem (1238 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Hp Deskjet D2360 Driver For Windows Vista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by texbiano(m): 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2008
I am having a problem with my HP laptop on which I have installed Microsoft Windows Vista (Enterprise Edition). I woke up one day to find that I could no longer open my Control Panel. When I try doing so it just says "Windows Explorer has stopped working" and that's how it has been for a month now. Does anyone have a solution please cos this is really frustrating my work.
Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by Kemjisuper(m): 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2008
Have you tried system restore to an earlier date?
Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by texbiano(m): 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2008
Yea, I just tried that but there is no Windows Checkpoint that dates as far back as the time this issue started. Maybe I should have tried it much earlier. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2008
ur vista operating system is a partial version. install the full version and u wont have such problems again. i cud get the full version with crack. infact u can even update on line. call me on 08038649691. aliyu
Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by uspry1(f): 3:46pm On Apr 25, 2008
Try checking the existing thread to see anyone has same problem you have at below link provided:

Post Your Vista Problems Here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-58218.0.html
Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by Ttola(m): 5:40pm On Apr 25, 2008
if u really cant get technicals to resolve, walk down to the pirate market in ikeja n get a copy of windowss vista,

it ll give 40 days activation period , u can mail me for the crack if u need it, wink
Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by basking4me: 1:15pm On May 06, 2008
There are some laptops especially from HP that wont work with Vista, no matter what you do. It will install all\right but some things just wont work.

On your HP Laptop there is a small tag usually to the right, it has the sticker of the version of the O.S to use with the laptop, if you dont have a vista sticker then dont install a vista because it wont perfrom optimaly.

That is the problem, the laptop is not made for that particular OS. If you go to their site to download the drivers, they dont have!. dont bother. To Learn more call me on 08055824984, Wale.
Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by engrhamid(m): 12:52am On May 07, 2008
Good morning everyone. I need a driver for my laptop. I tried downloading on net but i couldn't find it. The maker of my laptop is Toshiba laptop,satelite A205-s5812 intel pentium dual core. Pls, i need it urgently. Thanks. Expecting your response soonest.
Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by uspry1(f): 10:14am On May 07, 2008
engrhamid:

Good morning everyone. I need a driver for my laptop. I tried downloading on net but i couldn't find it. The maker of my laptop is Toshiba laptop,satelite A205-s5812 intel pentium dual core. Please, i need it urgently. Thanks. Expecting your response soonest.

You can also check driverguide.com
Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by engrhamid(m): 5:06pm On May 08, 2008
Thanks. i will do so now
Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by TmeD0(m): 8:33pm On May 21, 2008
basking4me:

There are some laptops especially from HP that wont work with Vista, no matter what you do. It will install all\right but some things just wont work.

On your HP Laptop there is a small tag usually to the right, it has the sticker of the version of the O.S to use with the laptop, if you don't have a vista sticker then don't install a vista because it wont perfrom optimaly.
That is the problem, the laptop is not made for that particular OS. If you go to their site to download the drivers, they don't have!. don't bother. To Learn more call me on 08055824984, Wale.
WTF!  (excuse my French y'all)  Firstly, to say that Vista will install fine but some things won't work is bologna because if your system is not compatible with Vista, you won't even get as far as the Language screen.  It will let you know straight up that your system doesn't even meet the minimum requirement to run it.  Secondly, the OS sticker doesn't necessarily mean that's the only OS that can be installed on the machine rather the OS that was pre-installed on the machne.  You don't have to have a machine with Vista sticker to install that OS, as long as you have the necessary compatible hardware i.e. video card, ample memory, HD space and so on that meets the minimum system requirement.  Abeg, no mislead us for hia o jare. 
@ poster, it's possible you might have a RC version of the OS like someone stated.  On the other hand, it could be that your system has been attacked.  Peace!
Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by Nobody: 8:11am On May 22, 2008
http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=%22Windows+Explorer+has+stopped+working&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

you'll prolly find a slution there - the 'windows explorer has stopped working is a known bug. you can also look at installing sp1 (assuming of course, that your vista is legit - tho it seems there's a new oem bios crack out. . .

as long as you have over 2gb of ram, vista should run fine. i'm taking delivery of a 4gb sd card to use as a ready boost cache - so which is another option for speeding up windows vista, flash drives /sd cards can be utilized via readyboost to speed up your apps. don't ask me how it works. . .but i know for sure that some of my apps open up much faster than in xp- and thats with a 1gb sd card. . lets see wht a 4gb turbo sdhc card will do. . .( dont mind me and my constant pursuit of system performance)
Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Problem by Gdyne(f): 4:14pm On May 24, 2008
Please can anyone enlighten me concerning this vista of a thing, because am about gettting a brand new laptop, HP PAVILLION with 2048MB vista home premium, I will give you other details that come will it, is it going to serve me? I need to be elightened before I make a mistake.

God Bless you all.

(1) (Reply)

Restart - Hibernate - Shutdown Your Pc At A Specific Time Even When You Fall Asl / Direct Download Link Of Any Applications / SwiftNG Offers Other ISP Modem Trade In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.