Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Love, Love, Love (1 Corinthians 13) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love, Love, Love (1 Corinthians 13) (1895 Views)

1 Corinthians 1:17-31 The Worst Passage In The Bible / Shiloh 2013 Prayer Guidelines: Exceeding Grace: 2 Corinthians 9:14-15 / What Are The “tongues Of Angels” In 1 Corinthians 13:1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love, Love, Love (1 Corinthians 13) by Free(f): 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2006
Love seems to have a huge importance in our lives, it is recommended everywhere in the bible
the ten commandments are meant to be all about love.a nd we were told that God is not only lovable.not
only in love with us , but is by definition love itself, I have heard 1 corinthians 13 read at most weddings i have attended.

1 corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

this passage is talkiing about having love for everyone else, not just your partner
but even with love in our lives,,this stuff is sometimes HARD!!! to follow and to do
Patience?? No records of wrong?? never failing how can we be expected to summit
ourselves to such a perfect life of LOVE for everyone else when its so difficult to keep it going
in our families, within our marriages,
we arent expected to have to go to such an extent and immerse every single thing we think and do
as an act of LOVE?? how far do we have to go to know God,,to fullfill our faith and salvation?
Re: Love, Love, Love (1 Corinthians 13) by Ciaralover(f): 9:21pm On Apr 16, 2006
You are 100% right!!!!!
Re: Love, Love, Love (1 Corinthians 13) by Rhodalyn(f): 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2006
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Re: Love, Love, Love (1 Corinthians 13) by TYPOP(m): 6:54pm On May 06, 2006
Just LOVE. Remember God is Love.
Re: Love, Love, Love (1 Corinthians 13) by babymine(f): 10:15am On May 08, 2006
Yeah, keep loving even when there's no reason to. cheesy cheesy
Re: Love, Love, Love (1 Corinthians 13) by Rhodalyn(f): 10:17am On May 08, 2006
i love that gurl wink
Re: Love, Love, Love (1 Corinthians 13) by babymine(f): 3:45pm On May 08, 2006
Lots of love and kisses. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Love, Love, Love (1 Corinthians 13) by queen2(f): 3:47pm On May 08, 2006
Love love Love, i like that piece free cheesy
Re: Love, Love, Love (1 Corinthians 13) by TayoD(m): 4:09pm On May 08, 2006
The Love you describe here is the Agape love. The New Testament makes a dinstiction between 3 kind of love.

One of the good definitions I've heard recently about the Agape Love is this. "Agape is the Love called out of the heart of him who loves based on the value he has placed on the object of his love." In order words, Agape is based on value and not on somon's action or inaction.

(1) (Reply)

What Would Atheists Say About This? / Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. / Beware Of False Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.