Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. (1899 Views)

NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by DeLioncourt: 8:02am On Nov 09, 2016
If hypothetically, It were proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that God exists, would you still remain an atheist or not? And why...

Edit** I feel like the christians and other religious should be somewhat involved here.

So, to the theists, If it was proven that your god is a sham, would you maintain your faith? or would you spiral into a life of wanton debauchery??
Honest answers please...
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by hopefulLandlord: 8:06am On Nov 09, 2016
hypothetically speaking?
most atheists would definitely change their stand
OP are you a Christian?

1 Like

Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by DeLioncourt: 8:41am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
hypothetically speaking?

most atheists would definitely change their stand

OP are you a Christian?

I was born into a christian family. I attend a christian church (on occasion). I don't entirely accept all the teachings of the christian faith.
You tell me.. what does that make me?
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by hopefulLandlord: 8:47am On Nov 09, 2016
DeLioncourt:

I was born into a christian family. I attend a christian church (on occasion). I don't entirely accept all the teachings of the christian faith.
You tell me.. what does that make me?

you're not a Christian according to some people here, although those same people would call you a Christian
when convenient

my question for you would've been

"hypothetically, It were proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that Yahweh does not exist but the Hindu Trimurti exists, would you still remain an Christian or not? And why?."

3 Likes

Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by johnydon22(m): 9:12am On Nov 09, 2016
DeLioncourt:
If hypothetically, It were proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that God exists, would you still remain an atheist or not? And why...

Nope i would humbly become a Deist... If anything was proven beyond doubt i don't see any reason to doubt it but if anything is only within the confines of faith and no proof, i don't see any reason to believe it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by DeLioncourt: 9:12am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you're not a Christian according to some people here, although those same people would call you a Christian
when convenient

my question for you would've been

"hypothetically, It were proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that Yahweh does not exist but the Hindu Trimurti exists, would you still remain an Christian or not? And why?."

No. I would not.
I would switch to the proven belief.
But my question is to atheists. I already know exactly what I would do.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by hopefulLandlord: 9:15am On Nov 09, 2016
DeLioncourt:

No. I would not.
I would switch to the proven belief.
But my question is to atheists. I already know exactly what I would do.

I think I speak for most open minded atheists here when I say that whichever god is proven would be accepted by us

some of us would become deists and others become theists

our stand is that there's no concrete proof for the existence of any god, if that changes, we'll definitely change too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by LiberaDeus: 9:44am On Nov 09, 2016
@OP if I receive tangible evidence and I mean tangible evidence that yahweh is god then I have no other option but to accept his will not necessarily what xtians claim but his publicly revealed will.

What do I mean by tangible evidence. Let me give examples of what i consider to be tangible evidence.

1. A worldwide announcement and introduction of himself as god. This introduction will be verified by everyone at the same time and should happen for a considerable amount of time in a way that can't be falsified . It might be in the form of general darkness accompanied by an appearance in the sky or anywhere but everyone must see it and confirm it. Ask yourself why is it that yahweh always makes this appearance to just his prophets and yet xtians claim he loves and longs to reveal himself to humanity. Some Christians even claim that man is to filthy to be in his presence but ironically many prophets claim that god arrested them when they were sinful. The logical explanation is that those mystical experiences are subjective and purely psychological/ hallucinatory.

2. Another form of tangible evidence will involve Yahweh empowering his messengers to do his work. President buhari must not come and meet me before I believe he invited me. The presence of a presidential aide comes with power, signs and other undeniable attributes that can only originate from the president. A presidential aide can invite you with a letter with the seal of the president, if that's not enough, he can show you video proof, if that's not enough then he can convince you by showing you dignitaries like police commissioners or ministers that are also aware. So a king must not make himself available before you accept his existence and will.

Now coming to Yahweh. If he can endow his followers with unquestionable supernatural power that can't be argued then that should be sufficient evidence. The funny thing is that the new testament has at least 4 places that talk about Jesus endowing his believers with power and granting all their requests. I expect believers worldwide to go into hospitals and heal all the sick people with diseases ranging from cancer to fractures and all infections. They can also go into kitties and hospitals and raise the dead. Elijah brought down fire from heaven to prove a point to the prophets of Baal, why can't modern day Christians perform signs and wonders everyday.
Imagine how the world would be if every day and every where you see Christians miracles happen spontaneously. In acts of the apostles, people allegedly came near Peters shadow and were healed. Lets imagine that in the real world , people rushing Christians to get near their shadows to get healed. Imagine you believing in Christ and immediately you pass a place, crippled people will start walking. Pleas tell me who won't be a Christian. The ironical thing is that these things are scriptural but they never happen thereby showing that the scripture lied about it and about every other thing. Yahweh most likely doesn't exist with the proof on ground.

3. Another form of evidence would be Christians making predictions bout the future in a definite and specific way and the prediction comes to pass. Some idiotic pastors have already fooled themselves by predicting Clinton's victory and they ended up falling flat on their face. I don't know any man of god that successfully predicted Trumps victory. With the whole chibok girls saga , not one man of god could predict their location, when the Malaysian aircraft MH370 got missing not one man of god could pin point the location. But they are masters of vague prophecies that can be interpreted anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by DeLioncourt: 11:26am On Nov 09, 2016
LiberaDeus:
@OP if I receive tangible evidence and I mean tangible evidence that yahweh is god then I have no other option but to accept his will not necessarily what xtians claim but his publicly revealed will.

What do I mean by tangible evidence. Let me give examples of what i consider to be tangible evidence.

1. A worldwide announcement and introduction of himself as god. This introduction will be verified by everyone at the same time and should happen for a considerable amount of time in a way that can't be falsified . It might be in the form of general darkness accompanied by an appearance in the sky or anywhere but everyone must see it and confirm it. Ask yourself why is it that yahweh always makes this appearance to just his prophets and yet xtians claim he loves and longs to reveal himself to humanity. Some Christians even claim that man is to filthy to be in his presence but ironically many prophets claim that god arrested them when they were sinful. The logical explanation is that those mystical experiences are subjective and purely psychological/ hallucinatory.

2. Another form of tangible evidence will involve Yahweh empowering his messengers to do his work. President buhari must not come and meet me before I believe he invited me. The presence of a presidential aide comes with power, signs and other undeniable attributes that can only originate from the president. A presidential aide can invite you with a letter with the seal of the president, if that's not enough, he can show you video proof, if that's not enough then he can convince you by showing you dignitaries like police commissioners or ministers that are also aware. So a king must not make himself available before you accept his existence and will.

Now coming to Yahweh. If he can endow his followers with unquestionable supernatural power that can't be argued then that should be sufficient evidence. The funny thing is that the new testament has at least 4 places that talk about Jesus endowing his believers with power and granting all their requests. I expect believers worldwide to go into hospitals and heal all the sick people with diseases ranging from cancer to fractures and all infections. They can also go into kitties and hospitals and raise the dead. Elijah brought down fire from heaven to prove a point to the prophets of Baal, why can't modern day Christians perform signs and wonders everyday.
Imagine how the world would be if every day and every where you see Christians miracles happen spontaneously. In acts of the apostles, people allegedly came near Peters shadow and were healed. Lets imagine that in the real world , people rushing Christians to get near their shadows to get healed. Imagine you believing in Christ and immediately you pass a place, crippled people will start walking. Pleas tell me who won't be a Christian. The ironical thing is that these things are scriptural but they never happen thereby showing that the scripture lied about it and about every other thing. Yahweh most likely doesn't exist with the proof on ground.

3. Another form of evidence would be Christians making predictions bout the future in a definite and specific way and the prediction comes to pass. Some idiotic pastors have already fooled themselves by predicting Clinton's victory and they ended up falling flat on their face. I don't know any man of god that successfully predicted Trumps victory. With the whole chibok girls saga , not one man of god could predict their location, when the Malaysian aircraft MH370 got missing not one man of god could pin point the location. But they are masters of vague prophecies that can be interpreted anyhow.

nice. you have spoken well.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by adoyi8: 10:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
Wanton Debauchery? These people really believe that we are atheists because we want to sin

1 Like

Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 09, 2016
Watch this video before I answer your question. grin

Edward Snowden Leaks Top Secret Alien video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3XkMLTXPes
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by DeLioncourt: 9:18am On Nov 10, 2016
adoyi8:

Wanton Debauchery? These people really believe that we are atheists because we want to sin

I used that phrase for emphasis. However, if you have engaged in sexual intercourse before marriage, you have sinned in the books of the christians and muslims (i think). I don't think a priest will choose to remain celibate if it is proven that his belief is non-existent.

ps. you acknowledgement of sin, is an acknowledgement of a supernatural being that judges sin (just saying). you're a half-baked atheist in my opinion.
Sin is only relevant in religion.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by DeLioncourt: 9:22am On Nov 10, 2016
Zoharariel:

This is a crappy video. It has less than 20 views on youtube (as at this moment).
A revelation of this magnitude would blow up the internet don't you think?

Anyway, I assume there is a reason behind your video.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by donnffd(m): 9:42am On Nov 10, 2016
DeLioncourt:

Ofcourse not, if it was proven beyond shadow of doubt, why deny it?

Speaking hypothetically ofcourse...

1 Like

Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2016
DeLioncourt:

Edit** I feel like the christians and other religious should be somewhat involved here.

So, to the theists, If it was proven that your god is a sham, would you maintain your faith? or would you spiral into a life of wanton debauchery??
Honest answers please...

If it were to be proven conclusively that God does not exist, obviously I would not continue to follow Him. Here lies the paradox... it is impossible to prove that He does not exist because He does.

Conversely, even if it were to be proven by all acceptable standards that God exists, most atheists would still be looking for hidden strings and formulating theories on a changing view of what constitutes 'natural phenomena' as against miracles, until they land in the unfavourable parts of the nether regions (which they do not believe in).

1 Like

Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by akintom(m): 11:18am On Nov 10, 2016
DeLioncourt:

Honest answers please...

Atheism is a concept that originate from the culture of accepting, what is based on empirical evidence as the TRUTH.
Atheism is not a wishy behavior, as theists tend to twist it.

OP this your red print is irritatingly unnecessary.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by DeLioncourt: 11:24am On Nov 10, 2016
Farmerforlife:

If it were to be proven conclusively that God does not exist, obviously I would not continue to follow Him. Here lies the paradox... it is impossible to prove that He does not exist because He does.

Conversely, even if it were to be proven by all acceptable standards that God exists, most atheists would still be looking for hidden strings and formulating theories on a changing view of what constitutes 'natural phenomena' as against miracles, until they land in the unfavourable parts of the nether regions (which they do not believe in).

I respect your opinions but you must realize that so far, it has not been conclusively proven that a supernatural being exists.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by DeLioncourt: 11:27am On Nov 10, 2016
akintom:

Atheism is a concept that originate from the culture of accepting, what is based on empirical evidence as the TRUTH.
Atheism is not a wishy behavior, as theists tend to twist it.

I'm gonna assume that this means you would change your beliefs if a new truth with empirical evidence backing the existence of a god should surface.
OP this your red print is irritatingly unnecessary.

I like red. deal with it. the options were put there for my choosing.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeLioncourt:

I respect your opinions but you must realize that so far, it has not been conclusively proven that a supernatural being exists.

It depends on how you define proof. If you insist on physical sighting as the only conclusive proof, then you are right.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by rhektor(m): 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2016
LiberaDeus:

How has the atheists or Atheism pin point the location of the MH370?
Why make fish of one and foul of the other?
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by rhektor(m): 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2016
Zoharariel:

Hollywood lies SMH for you if you could believe this hoax
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by DeLioncourt: 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
Farmerforlife:

It depends on how you define proof. If you insist on physical sighting as the only conclusive proof, then you are right.

Proof is an argument or sets of arguments establishing a fact.
Whether the proof is physical or not, it has to establish a fact.
When a claimed fact cannot be backed by acceptable proof, then it isn't a fact.

Before you ask, an acceptable proof is one that is not subjective. So claims of miracles or writings in a book don't qualify.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by DeLioncourt: 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
rhektor:

Hollywood lies SMH for you if you could believe this hoax

As in ehn... Wackest ET video I have seen.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by LiberaDeus: 6:19pm On Nov 10, 2016
rhektor:

How has the atheists or Atheism pin point the location of the MH370?
Why make fish of one and foul of the other?

Atheism is a lack of belief in a god based on available evidence. Atheists never promised to solve the world's problem, even science that we can rely on better than your fraudulent religion never claimed it will be able to solve all problems.
Science is still growing, geologists never claim to have all the knowledge of geology, physicists accept that there are many quantum principles they don't understand yet, no biologist claims to understand DNA totally and I can say the same for all fields of science.
Scientists strive to know more about the world and make it clear where their current knowledge ends.
That is very honorable.

But wait, we have supermen amongst us.

People that know the beginning of the universe, people that know exactly what happened then.

People that know the name of the person that created it, they even know the name of his servants Michael and Gabriel . We have people that know this mighty persons chosen people[ jews]

These people also know the son of this supreme creator and they know the exact time his son came on earth and every thing he did on earth. In short, this people know that this creator is a male hence he is called a he.
It doesn't even stop there, this people claim to have been blessed by this creator with the power of his son and they can move mountains by that power.

They can do exceedingly above all normal human beings imagine.
We actually have supermen amongst us and they number around 2 billion.

Well why didn't any of this supermen just point us in the direction of this Malaysian aircraft, we ain't asking for too much, just point is in the direction and rescue teams will rush to the location.

Just like when the centurion told jesus to give the word only and he would go pick his daughter up and do the remaining dirty job, that's all we ask .

Just a teeny tiny but of that power and we would have found the plane. We didn't even ask for resurrection of the people in the plane, we just want to know where it landed and understand how to prevent further calamities like that.

Please is that too much to ask. Out of 2 billion Christians can't we have just one person that can perform a verified supernatural feat, lets not even go to the chibok girls.

1 Like

Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeLioncourt:

Proof is an argument or sets of arguments establishing a fact.
Whether the proof is physical or not, it has to establish a fact.
When a claimed fact cannot be backed by acceptable proof, then it isn't a fact.

Before you ask, an acceptable proof is one that is not subjective. So claims of miracles or writings in a book don't qualify.

Despite the often vaunted statement that acceptable proof is not subjective, it almost always is... even when proving scientific theory, there is always a certain degree of bias. You just choose to ignore it because it does not fit your narrative of 'science is exact'.

The existence of life alone is sufficient circumstancial evidence to prove that God exists. Sure, we wax luxuriant about evolution and adaptation and gene mutation, but what was the origin of all that? Your objective scientists claim a primordial soup exposed to noxious gases and hit by lightning etc... never reproduced in any lab despite desperate attempts. Life is a characteristic endowed only by God. We can assemble, modify, seed, bud etc cells, but we need an already living cell to do that. We can even reproduce an assembly of cell walls, mitochondria, endoplasm and nucleii from scratch, but it is just a mess of dead chemicals. I choose to believe in a Creator as the origin, this makes most sense to me, while you choose to believe in baseless scientific theories about chemical soups. Who is to say you are right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by rhektor(m): 8:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
LiberaDeus:

Atheism is a lack of belief in a god based on available evidence. Atheists never promised to solve the world's problem, even science that we can rely on better than your fraudulent religion never claimed it will be able to solve all problems.
Science is still growing, geologists never claim to have all the knowledge of geology, physicists accept that there are many quantum principles they don't understand yet, no biologist claims to understand DNA totally and I can say the same for all fields of science.
Scientists strive to know more about the world and make it clear where their current knowledge ends.
That is very honorable.

But wait, we have supermen amongst us.

People that know the beginning of the universe, people that know exactly what happened then.

People that know the name of the person that created it, they even know the name of his servants Michael and Gabriel . We have people that know this mighty persons chosen people[ jews]

These people also know the son of this supreme creator and they know the exact time his son came on earth and every thing he did on earth. In short, this people know that this creator is a male hence he is called a he.
It doesn't even stop there, this people claim to have been blessed by this creator with the power of his son and they can move mountains by that power.

They can do exceedingly above all normal human beings imagine.
We actually have supermen amongst us and they number around 2 billion.

Well why didn't any of this supermen just point us in the direction of this Malaysian aircraft, we ain't asking for too much, just point is in the direction and rescue teams will rush to the location.

Just like when the centurion told jesus to give the word only and he would go pick his daughter up and do the remaining dirty job, that's all we ask .

Just a teeny tiny but of that power and we would have found the plane. We didn't even ask for resurrection of the people in the plane, we just want to know where it landed and understand how to prevent further calamities like that.

Please is that too much to ask. Out of 2 billion Christians can't we have just one person that can perform a verified supernatural feat, lets not even go to the chibok girls.

The Malaysian MH370 is not the problem of the Christians, wait o did Christians plunge it into the sea? So why should it be our headache? Why? Whao you accept there are atheists but they don't offer to help to solve any problem in the world? Then of what use is Atheism? It is seem to me that it is more stupid to be an atheist, of what use is it then? Atheistsm has never been used to solve any problem in the world either in the past present or future. Chibok girls? How has not believing in God solve that? undecided
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by LiberaDeus: 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
rhektor:

The Malaysian MH370 is not the problem of the Christians, wait o did Christians plunge it into the sea? So why should it be our headache? Why? Whao you accept there are atheists but they don't offer to help to solve any problem in the world? Then of what use is Atheism? It is seem to me that it is more stupid to be an atheist, of what use is it then? Atheistsm has never been used to solve any problem in the world either in the past present or future. Chibok girls? How has not believing in God solve that? undecided

The Malaysian aircraft is not the problem of Christians right because Malaysia isn't a Christian country. How have Christians in Christian countries stopped air crashes and other disasters? Nada . No help no supernatural help, just empty rhetoric and stupidly vague prophecies that they can't even get right e.g US election result.

Lets even look at things that should be Christian concerns since saving a crashing plane is so mundane.

How about Christianity unifying and giving a wholesome united message that can save the world at least. Instead we have 30000 denominations and divisions everywhere.

Christians have never been moral examples on a personal level. There is no difference between Christians and normal people in moral behavior. Christians fight, kill, slander, defraud, launder govt funds, commit adultery, rape and do anything one can think of that is abhorrent.

With the millions of churches littered around Nigeria we still can't see the effect on moral behavior. And we supposedly have new creatures with the power to overcome vices and live good lives in our midst. New creatures my foot.

How about performing signs and wonders the way Jesus instructed you guys to do in order to make people believe. Please where are the signs and wonders and I don't mean staged miracles but spontaneous bursts of power. By the way, birds can fly anywhere and anytime, birds dont need carefully staged shows to display their flying ability, it just happens every time. Please Christians show your so called power in Christian issues since identifying a missing aircraft isn't any of your business.

As for atheism solving problems, unlike religion where people are born into religions and are indoctrinated into the rituals and rites hence a religious identity is formed. Atheism is not groomed, atheism is freedom from such dogma, rituals , baseless superstition and mythology. Atheists get to that point through different routes, some get there through science, some through exposure , some through studying their religious texts. Atheists give to society in numerous ways, but it isn't a United institution with claims of being powerful. Atheism is not meant to solve any problem. Atheism is most likely as a result of philosophy , science, advanced sociology and psychology. Atheists are solving problems but not under a United banner. Einstein's theory of relativity and quantum mechanics have given us our modern day electronics and semiconductor. Einstein was an unrepentant atheist or pantheist. He didn't solve those problems under the banner of those ideologies. His ideologies were as a result of his hard work, scientific mindset etc. Atheism is a product of critical thinking. A side product of critical thinking. Atheism major contribution should be freeing the mind from religious bondage, anxiety, guilt etc.

A religion like Christianity that claims to be endowed with the true message of god alongside his powerful holy spirit, a religion like this has knowingly or unknowingly put a burden of proof and performance on itself, so please don't shy away from that responsibility, remember that as a believer you should lay your hands on the sick and they should get well immediately. So mr Christian what are you waiting for, go to the nearest hospital and do your work.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2016
LiberaDeus:

The Malaysian aircraft is not the problem of Christians right because Malaysia isn't a Christian country. How have Christians in Christian countries stopped air crashes and other disasters? Nada . No help no supernatural help, just empty rhetoric and stupidly vague prophecies that they can't even get right e.g US election result.

Lets even look at things that should be Christian concerns since saving a crashing plane is so mundane.

How about Christianity unifying and giving a wholesome united message that can save the world at least. Instead we have 30000 denominations and divisions everywhere.

Christians have never been moral examples on a personal level. There is no difference between Christians and normal people in moral behavior. Christians fight, kill, slander, defraud, launder govt funds, commit adultery, rape and do anything one can think of that is abhorrent.

With the millions of churches littered around Nigeria we still can't see the effect on moral behavior. And we supposedly have new creatures with the power to overcome vices and live good lives in our midst. New creatures my foot.

How about performing signs and wonders the way Jesus instructed you guys to do in order to make people believe. Please where are the signs and wonders and I don't mean staged miracles but spontaneous bursts of power. By the way, birds can fly anywhere and anytime, birds dont need carefully staged shows to display their flying ability, it just happens every time. Please Christians show your so called power in Christian issues since identifying a missing aircraft isn't any of your business.

As for atheism solving problems, unlike religion where people are born into religions and are indoctrinated into the rituals and rites hence a religious identity is formed. Atheism is not groomed, atheism is freedom from such dogma, rituals , baseless superstition and mythology. Atheists get to that point through different routes, some get there through science, some through exposure , some through studying their religious texts. Atheists give to society in numerous ways, but it isn't a United institution with claims of being powerful. Atheism is not meant to solve any problem. Atheism is most likely as a result of philosophy , science, advanced sociology and psychology. Atheists are solving problems but not under a United banner. Einstein's theory of relativity and quantum mechanics have given us our modern day electronics and semiconductor. Einstein was an unrepentant atheist or pantheist. He didn't solve those problems under the banner of those ideologies. His ideologies were as a result of his hard work, scientific mindset etc. Atheism is a product of critical thinking. A side product of critical thinking. Atheism major contribution should be freeing the mind from religious bondage, anxiety, guilt etc.

A religion like Christianity that claims to be endowed with the true message of god alongside his powerful holy spirit, a religion like this has knowingly or unknowingly put a burden of proof and performance on itself, so please don't shy away from that responsibility, remember that as a believer you should lay your hands on the sick and they should get well immediately. So mr Christian what are you waiting for, go to the nearest hospital and do your work.

Listing all the fallacies of a single faith that claims to believe in a Creator does not preclude the existence of the Creator. Your write-up only serves to prove that claims of miracles by every Tom, Dick and Harry are false, but you are yet to prove that God cannot possibly exist. And the use of science is not limited only to Atheists as you are trying to imply. Nor do all theists claim that all solutions must be supernatural ones. Beware of the atheist tendency to lump all religions under one umbrella, believing that one argument covers all.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by rhektor(m): 4:38am On Nov 11, 2016
LiberaDeus:

In your own world and word Atheism is science? Ok, now I know how gullible you are
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by LiberaDeus: 6:39am On Nov 11, 2016
rhektor:

In your own world and word Atheism is science? Ok, now I know how gullible you are

Guy you are embarrassing your fellow Christians. You are helping strengthen the stereotype that Christians are stupid, ignorant, close minded and willfully ignorant.

Please kindly quote any part of my write up where I said atheism is equal to science. Please show me and I will show you that you have comprehension issues.

I thought you said I shouldn't quote you in the last thread but here you are running around quoting me when I didn't invite you. Well you are a Christian so I am not surprised.
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by DeLioncourt: 8:41am On Nov 11, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Despite the often vaunted statement that acceptable proof is not subjective, it almost always is... even when proving scientific theory, there is always a certain degree of bias. You just choose to ignore it because it does not fit your narrative of 'science is exact'.

The existence of life alone is sufficient circumstancial evidence to prove that God exists. Sure, we wax luxuriant about evolution and adaptation and gene mutation, but what was the origin of all that? Your objective scientists claim a primordial soup exposed to noxious gases and hit by lightning etc... never reproduced in any lab despite desperate attempts. Life is a characteristic endowed only by God. We can assemble, modify, seed, bud etc cells, but we need an already living cell to do that. We can even reproduce an assembly of cell walls, mitochondria, endoplasm and nucleii from scratch, but it is just a mess of dead chemicals. I choose to believe in a Creator as the origin, this makes most sense to me, while you choose to believe in baseless scientific theories about chemical soups. Who is to say you are right?

Slow down mate. I didn't at any point indicate belief in scientific theories.
The facts remain that the origins of life are yet to be firmly established.
You cannot proof beyond irrefutable doubt that there is a god and I cannot prove that there isn't.
Now a simple example of an acceptable proof is the simple law of gravity (not newton's) where every matter that goes up must come down. It is not subjective. i do not see a bias. It is generally accepted. There is no association, body or elite group trying to refute it.

A proof of such nature about god's existence or non-existence would suffice, no?
Re: Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 11, 2016
DeLioncourt:

Slow down mate. I didn't at any point indicate belief in scientific theories.
The facts remain that the origins of life are yet to be firmly established.
You cannot proof beyond irrefutable doubt that there is a god and I cannot prove that there isn't.
Now a simple example of an acceptable proof is the simple law of gravity (not newton's) where every matter that goes up must come down. It is not subjective. i do not see a bias. It is generally accepted. There is no association, body or elite group trying to refute it.

A proof of such nature about god's existence or non-existence would suffice, no?

All atheists lay claim to the inerrancy of scientific theory as against religious dogma. Not all established scientific theories follow the same trend as the laws of gravity. Let us take the theory of evolution as a case study. I am sure you believe in it, yet, if I adopt the position of a hardline sceptic, you could never irrefutably prove it, or even establish it beyond doubt. Yet you do not deride those who believe in it. The fact is that few scientific theories are like the law of gravity, and if I wanted to insist on rigid standards of proof the way atheists do, I could even claim that the law of gravity has not been established. I could postulate that we are only attracted back to earth because of the iron in our bodies, which drags us back to the earth due to the earth's magnetic field. Switch off the magnetic field of the earth, and prove me wrong. So you see, there is a bias, the belief that the earth's magnetic field is insignificant in this study. In matters of religion, such a bias will be harped upon by atheists as the most important aspect of the experiment. Atheists make such comments as they would only believe there is a God 'if they meet Him'.

Personally, I have no issue with what atheists believe... their cup of tea. It is when they insist that their belief is 'intellectual' and theists are gullible that I find them irritating. We all believe stuff in the same way. Only your prophets are Einstein, Darwin and Dawkins. You have no idea of their character, have never performed their experiments personally to see if they are true, probably never seen a fossil, or know how to date it or interprete its structure if you do, yet you believe all that they tell you. I hardly see any difference between that method and a pastor standing in front of his laity and stating that he saw God. All are based on blind faith and yrust in the deliverer of the message.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Calculates Date Of Rapture With ‘Almighty Formular' / Tribute To Ladi Lawal Of Daar Communication.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.