Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market (17414 Views)

Glo Emerges Nigerian Brand Of The Year / Again:glo Introduces New Data Bundle And Other Improved Service Packages / Again! Glo Unveils Exciting Data Offers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by tspun(m): 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
One of the nation’s leading telecoms network, Globacom, has once again emerged the fastest growing network in terms of acquisition of internet subscribers in Nigeria’s telecommunications industry.

This was according to the report of the third quarter of 2015 just released on the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, website. The report indicated that Globacom gained the highest number of internet users in September 2015 with over a million new internet users on its network.

NCC indicated that Globacom had 21,896,229 internet users on its network as at the end of September, up from 20,765,379 data users in August. The figure showed an addition of 1,130,850 new internet subscribers.

Globacom’s figure was higher than the total number of new internet users who joined the three other major telecom operators, MTN, Airtel and Etisalat. The three recorded a combined total of 716,450 new internet subscribers in September.

MTN placed second by recording additional 423,448 new internet users on its network. Airtel placed third with 235,941 new subscribers, while Etisalat recorded the least number of new internet users in the industry with additional 57,061 new data subscribers joining the network in September.

For several months, Globacom has led the race for the acquisition of new internet users in the market. The network added 1,434,830 data users last August, while MTN recorded 309,960 and Etisalat 147,149 new internet surfers. Airtel on its part had a drop of 110,838.

The steady growth in the number of data subscribers on the Globacom network is said to be a fall-out of the improved data services which followed the networks improvement exercise being carried out by the company.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/again-glo-emerges-leader-of-internet-market/231844/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by DEXTROVERT: 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
Simply because of N1000 for 3gig

Try etisalat fastest of all

modified..* I beg stop embarrassing me with likes...I'm shy embarassedSimply because of N1000 for 3gig

Try etisalat fastest of all

modified..* I beg stop embarrassing me with likes...I'm shy

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Iamlordgee(m): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ok
Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by HouseOfBalloons(f): 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
And itll continue if other networks dont improve on their tariffs. Imagine Etisalat sending me an sms to buy 2gb for #2000 when glo is selling 6gb for #3000. Their papa

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
because Glo allowed Tweaking of android device to use its BlackBerry plan of 1k for 3g.

It's not "How far" buh "How well" cos their data iis so epileptic.

#TeamAirtel tho iit hardly take you to Nairaland home page sad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by tspun(m): 8:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
Thank God for netify VPN, now I don't have to worry about data consumption.

2 Likes

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by hajlat(m): 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
MTN take note.A word is enough for the wise.

9 Likes

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
HouseOfBalloons:
And itll continue if other networks dont improve on their tariffs. Imagine Etisalat sending me an sms to buy 2gb for #2000 when glo is selling 6gb for #3000. Their papa

Seconded Ma'am...

Glo offers the Cheapest Internet Tariff in town..

23 Likes

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by jmichlins(m): 11:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
Please make people leave ETISALAT for we that know. 3h per week for heaven download and galaxy streaming no be here
Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Kingy10: 11:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
Glo wey dem network slow like Snail undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by skedemi(m): 11:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
glo dey try no be small ...especially when you are at a location with better coverage

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by MrBONE2(m): 7:48am On Feb 14, 2016
They have to improve on their internet services coverage cos here at KIVU Land Glo network service looks damm bad. grin

Gyarbonka Shakalalalaaa... grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 14, 2016
HouseOfBalloons:
It goes beyond tariff. An operator may offer cheap tariff yet still have poor network signal. Then of what use would it be if I buy cheap data yet experience slow network

18 Likes

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 14, 2016
hajlat:
MTN take note.A word is enough for the wise.
Quality is better than quantity

3 Likes

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by HouseOfBalloons(f): 9:22am On Feb 14, 2016
asuustrike2009:

It goes beyond tariff. An operator may offer cheap tariff yet still have poor network signal. Then of what use would it be if I buy cheap data yet experience slow network
depends on where you stay, glo is the fastest network in my area. I get up to 1mb/s on downloads

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Mcbussy(m): 11:08am On Feb 14, 2016
HouseOfBalloons:
depends on where you stay, glo is the fastest network in my area. I get up to 1mb/s on downloads

Then try etisalat in dsame area and witness 4mb/s for the 1st time in ur life. grin cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 14, 2016
HouseOfBalloons:
Not just my area but most areas in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by ahmodu4real(m): 11:25am On Feb 14, 2016
the same glo that give me maximum of 20kb in yelwa area of bauchi state sorry
Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
HouseOfBalloons:
lol too slow I have gotten 14 mb/s with Mtn streaming at my area around 2 to 3 am then 6 to 8 mb/s during the day

9 Likes

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
Mcbussy:

Then try etisalat in dsame area and witness 4mb/s for the 1st time in ur life. grin cheesy
etisalat is the worst at my area, others have 3G except them

4 Likes

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Mcbussy(m): 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
etisalat is the worst at my area, others have 3G except them

Hehe...u sure u don't live in a cave about 7,000km above sea level? grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by HouseOfBalloons(f): 12:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
lol too slow I have gotten 14 mb/s with Mtn streaming at my area around 2 to 3 am then 6 to 8 mb/s during the day
yes, but their best plan is 2500 for 1.5gb day and 3gb night which is rubbish. Im talking legit plans, i dont do cheats. im not saying glo is the fastest in Nigeria but it definitely compares to any network speed in Nigeria. Glo has an unfair reputation for being slow and thats what made me keep using Etisalat for so long. Ive since switched to glo and i dont regret that decision

16 Likes

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by HouseOfBalloons(f): 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
Also, glo is a Nigerian company. Id rather buy from them than a foreign company, especially when they offer cheaper tariffs

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
HouseOfBalloons:
yes, but their best plan is 2500 for 1.5gb day and 3gb night which is rubbish. Im talking legit plans, i dont do cheats. im not saying glo is the fastest in Nigeria but it definitely compares to any network speed in Nigeria. Glo has an unfair reputation for being slow and thats what made me keep using Etisalat for so long. Ive since switched to glo and i dont regret that decision
Network speed in Nigeria I don't know but I believe it is the location that matters most. My area Mtn is the king, followed by Glo and Airtel, Etisalat is wack

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:46pm On Feb 14, 2016
Mcbussy:

Hehe...u sure u don't live in a cave about 7,000km above sea level? grin
no I live in a cave 15,000km above sea level. Check my earlier post

1 Like

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
Glo 3k 6GB is nonsense. I regret subscribing to it. . . It seems the network is always congested due to its cheapness and it's always fluctuating from EDGE/GPRS to HSPA (3G). . . That's too bad. . . and I'm in Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Mariecakes(f): 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Slow tho
Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Richie0974: 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Thanks to Glory 3g for 1k grin
Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
This is plainly what i call good foresight
Naija morguls
Small gains from 1k for 3gb madedem have more gainings than the other companies. I love tge news. Whao i love ds

See ds too
https://www.nairaland.com/2933486/top-10-mysterious-people-earth#2933486.5
Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Idrismusty97(m): 1:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
But their services is slow and Wack, I can't even remember where i dumb my GLO sim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market by Kirinwa: 1:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
Mod why 3 same threads on front page?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones / How To Bypass Google Account Verification For Tecno, Infinix, Gionee & More / RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.