Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Preaching In Commercial Buses: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preaching In Commercial Buses: (11630 Views)

Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) / El-rufai Moves To Regulate Religious Preaching In Kaduna / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bicey(m): 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2008
Please don't take my observation as been BIASED.

I have observed with great disappointment  the way xtians go about buses preaching. It is not a bad thing if the occupants of the bus are all christians but at times you get tired of different people imposing their religious belief on you.

For about a week now that i have been going to and fro on commercial buses to the Island i have encountered on daily basis several situations where one person will just stand up and start preaching without considering other people.

On the other day i was coming back a driver played a Muslim song. He was shouted down by majority of the occupants saying he is making noise. But since i don't engage in Religious debate i just kept mute and wondered how selfish people can be. The most annoying situation was in one morning when d so called preacher PASTOR was been anti ISLAM and nearly caused a mayhem.

I believe we could be cautious of the fact that its not everyone that is a christain and that if everybody wants to preach in buses  babalawo's will  one day start patronising buses.

I love christainity, my friends, relatives are christians but as a Muslim i always respect their religious opinions. So I think Christian Brothers and sisters should try and stop forcing their preachings on people as they have turned commercial buses in lagos to Evagelical testing ground for upcoming PASTORS.

Peace!
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by slimtoney(m): 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2008
Islam as a matter of fact is a religion that tolerates alot and a peaceful faith indeed.
Muslims do not have the liberty to castigate and say foul things about Christianity.This is because Islam is simply an extension of christianity,for muslims believe in Jesus Christ as one of the mightiest prophet of God,they equally believe that he is with God almighty and that he is still coming back as the messiah who will lead the righteous against the evil.

So tell me the basis for foul language,castigation and bitterness against islam.It is so crystal clear and straight forward for those who objectively keep their mind open and prevent themselve from been led astray by emotional and deceitful brain drain by those who claim to be spiritual religious leaders,who equally know the truth,but hides it by all means as a result of thier selfish and material interest

May God in his infinite mercies guide us aright.

1 Like

Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by osisi5: 3:38am On Jan 17, 2008
bicey:

Please don't take my observation as been BIASED.

I have observed with great disappointment  the way xtians go about buses preaching. It is not a bad thing if the occupants of the bus are all christians but at times you get tired of different people imposing their religious belief on you.

For about a week now that i have been going to and fro on commercial buses to the Island i have encountered on daily basis several situations where one person will just stand up and start preaching without considering other people.

On the other day i was coming back a driver played a Muslim song. He was shouted down by majority of the occupants saying he is making noise. But since i don't engage in Religious debate i just kept mute and wondered how selfish people can be. The most annoying situation was in one morning when d so called preacher PASTOR was been anti ISLAM and nearly caused a mayhem.

I believe we could be cautious of the fact that its not everyone that is a christain and that if everybody wants to preach in buses  babalawo's will  one day start patronising buses.

I love christainity, my friends, relatives are christians but as a Muslim i always respect their religious opinions. So I think Christian Brothers and sisters should try and stop forcing their preachings on people as they have turned commercial buses in lagos to Evagelical testing ground for upcoming PASTORS.
Peace!

This is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.
You said commercial buses right?
If the drivers and conductors or owners of the business allowed them to preach in their buses,you,an ordinary passenger has no right whatsoever to object afterall you were not forced to ride the bus.
It is called freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
What they did was preach,they did not force anyone to shout Halleluia neither did they convert and baptize anyone against their will in a moving molue.

How would you feel If I told you the Muslim call for prayer was offensive to me,yet I'm obliged to endure it when I hear it blaring out towards my hotel window in Lagos.
What do you say when I tell you the ladies dressed in ojuju calabar outfits with peep holes as eyes scares me?
Do I have a right to demand they take off the mask and show me their faces ?
No, I don't.
I deal with it or run away if I choose to.
It's called tolerance and learning to be at peace with your neighbors.

How about Christian girls in nothern Nigeria that are forced in some quarters to dress like Muslims?
Have you carried out a demonstration on their behalf ?
Why are you people perpetually offended by every tiny little thing ?

My dear since it's not illegal to preach in Nigerian buses as at now,you have some good options.

1.Climb down when a preachers comes on and board another bus.

2.Ride only buses operated by known Muslims or Sango worshippers that may not allow a Christian preach

3.Buy ear plugs and use them on the buses before they convert you

4.Charter a taxi for all your trips(,hopefully the cab driver doesn't start preaching)

5.Buy a car and be done with the preachers forever.

Maybe your next thread will be to ban billboards advertizing churches and their crusades or have people wearing crosses arrested.
Lord have mercy.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Nobody: 4:13am On Jan 17, 2008
maybe we should remind hypocrites like bicey that not all of us enjoy being woken up at 5am by loudspeakers announcing the islamic prayer time!
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 17, 2008
slimtoney:

Islam as a matter of fact is a religion that tolerates alot and a peaceful faith indeed.

Carry a bible to mecca along with a jewish friend first before you spout this idiocy.

slimtoney:

Muslims do not have the liberty to castigate and say foul things about Christianity.

the quran has done their jobs for them . . . i'm sure that the word "dhimmi" is one of reverence.

slimtoney:

This is because Islam is simply an extension of christianity,

that is the lie of the devil used to lend legitimacy to the evil cult that is islam. The false requires the genuine as a crutch.

slimtoney:

for muslims believe in Jesus Christ as one of the mightiest prophet of God,they equally believe that he is with God almighty and that he is still coming back as the messiah who will lead the righteous against the evil.

This is simply stolen from the bible. Muslims are now part of those expecting the rapture? what a bunch of confused liars.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bicey(m): 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2008
@slimtoney.

Your opinion is taking. Its obvious that you must be a genuine muslim practising Islam. Many people cannot differentiate Muslims from Islam.

@+osisi

Like i have said i dont engage in religion debates. I have only observed.

How would you feel If I told you the Muslim call for prayer was offensive to me,yet I'm obliged to endure it when I hear it blaring out towards my hotel window in Lagos.
What do you say when I tell you the ladies dressed in ojuju calabar outfits with peep holes as eyes scares me?[/color]

As per the call to prayer you said disturbs you, Brother - same thing happen in churches. The loudspeaker from Night vigils and daily church services . Some ladies dont wear ear rings , some no shoes and men now make their hair like women. All these are understandable. When you board a bus and someone just rose up and started preaching, saying abusive and very unpleasant things about other pples religion is out of it.

I am not preaching any religion here as i am also still begging Allah to make me more devoted.

About Christian girls in nothern Nigeria that are forced in some quarters to dress like Muslims, Dat is not ISLAM. In islam there is no compulsion in ALLAH's religion. Try to differentiate Cultures from Islam.

As per your listed Good options,

That is true! Freedom of speech. But the buses are simply commercial Buses my observation is just that people should be wary of what they preach to allay against a religious wahala.

You are entitled to your opinions.

@davidylan.

You are so good at throwing very derogatory words, a true reflection of what you practice.
If Islam is a evil cult as you claimed. How many evil cult has a widely accepted and unique standard way of worship like Islam? May ALLAH forgive you.

I am not willing to preach any religion. Learning is unlimited. So if you are hearing a new thing dont be dogmatic try to find out.

Maybe reading about the rapture or Coming Of Jesus in the Holy Quran will help you a bit

Hypocrite as u said dont you know the noise from churches speakers at Vigils and DAILY church services nauseate!

Try and change you manner of thinking.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bicey(m): 12:08pm On Jan 17, 2008
@slimtoney.

Your opinion is taking. Its obvious that you must be a genuine muslim practising Islam. Many people cannot differentiate Muslims from Islam.

@+osisi

Like i have said i dont engage in religion debates. I have only observed.

What do you say when I tell you the ladies dressed in ojuju calabar outfits with peep holes as eyes scares me?[/color]

As per the call to prayer you said disturbs you, Brother - same thing happen in churches. The loudspeaker from Night vigils and daily church services . Some ladies dont wear ear rings , some no shoes and men now make their hair like women. All these are understandable. When you board a bus and someone just rose up and started preaching, saying  abusive and very unpleasant things about other pples religion is out of it.

I am not preaching any religion here as i am also still begging Allah to make me more devoted.

About Christian girls in nothern Nigeria that are forced in some quarters to dress like Muslims, Dat is not ISLAM. In islam there is no compulsion in ALLAH's religion. Try to differentiate  Cultures from Islam.

As per your listed Good options,

That is true! Freedom of speech. But the buses are simply commercial Buses my observation is just that people should be wary of what  they preach to allay against a religious wahala.

You are entitled to your opinions.

@davidylan.

You are so good at throwing very derogatory words, a true reflection of what you practice.
If Islam is a evil cult as you claimed. How many evil cult has a widely accepted and unique standard way of worship like Islam? May ALLAH forgive you.

I am not willing to preach any religion. Learning is unlimited. So if you are hearing a new thing dont be dogmatic try to find out.

Maybe  reading about the rapture or Coming Of Jesus in the Holy Quran will help you a bit

Hypocrite as u said dont you know the noise from churches speakers at Vigils and DAILY church services nauseate!

Try and change you manner of thinking.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by DisGuy: 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2008
Support the ban on Molue, that way no more preaching and fake drug sellers on public transport!

I heard the commissioner for environment is also trying to do something about noise pollution
hopefully call to prayer will be restricted to Fridays only and church speakers to Sundays/Saturdays only
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bicey(m): 3:28pm On Jan 17, 2008
@dis guy.

May God Deliver our country from Poverty.

Peace!
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2008
bicey:

As per the call to prayer you said disturbs you, Brother - same thing happen in churches. The loudspeaker from Night vigils and daily church services.

muslims love to make redundant arguments . . . you complained about christians preaching in the bus, i complain that your islamic calls to prayer wake me up at 5am unwillingly . . . and all you can come up in defence is that churches use loudspeakers too?

Where are the daily church services? In your backyard?

bicey:

Some ladies don't wear ear rings , some no shoes and men now make their hair like women. All these are understandable.

in what way do the above affect you as a muslim?

bicey:

When you board a bus and someone just rose up and started preaching, saying abusive and very unpleasant things about other pples religion is out of it.

your problem is simple . . . from a heart that is steeped in darkness the gospel is like a two-edged sword.

bicey:

About Christian girls in nothern Nigeria that are forced in some quarters to dress like Muslims, Dat is not ISLAM. In islam there is no compulsion in ALLAH's religion. Try to differentiate Cultures from Islam.

of course . . . except those who leave allah's religion are expected to be killed ACCORDING to allah himself. Certainly there is no compulsion.

bicey:

That is true! Freedom of speech. But the buses are simply commercial Buses my observation is just that people should be wary of what they preach to allay against a religious wahala.

When christians are offended no one is bothered, when muslims are offended they start threatening us with "religious wahala" . . . so much for a religion of peace. Commercial buses belong to no one . . . a christian pastor is within his rights to preach there if he so wishes. Go and learn the attributes of tolerance before coming here to talk of "peace".

bicey:

There are millions of hindu devotees worldwide . . . does that make it a true religion?
There are 1.5b muslims worldwide today . . . the vast majority are clearly living in bondage.

bicey:

Maybe reading about the rapture or Coming Of Jesus in the Holy Quran will help you a bit

The rapture is now part of islamic doctrine? shocked Why is Jesus Christ coming for muslims when mohammed declared himself the last and greatest prophet? Why is allah placing so much undue emphasis on a jewish Jesus Christ?
Where are his ishmealite prophets?

My brother . . . muslims are a deeply confused set of plagiarists.

bicey:

Hypocrite as u said don't you know the noise from churches speakers at Vigils and DAILY church services nauseate!

the "noise" nauseates because the message of salvation is a pain to the soul of one whose heart is clouded by the antichrist.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by zenzey(m): 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2008
@ davidylan
This man u need to watch your tongue.
People like you always act as being more holy than the Pope.I hav always watch your comments in this forum,it is berefth of commonsense.
sad
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2008
zenzey:

@ davidylan
This man u need to watch your tongue.
People like you always act as being more holy than the Pope.I hav always watch your comments in this forum,it is berefth of commonsense.
sad

here comes another muslim man of "peace and tolerance".

Kindly explain to us how come muslims have now joined the queue of those expecting the rapture.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Gfrey(m): 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2008
hi,
instead of engagin i what i call d "religious mafia syndrome"..we shld respct each others beliefs and understanding of God,

i must also comment here by saying that if what d christains are "blaring" 2 others was nt Vital and very important 4 everyone, they wuld nt hav done so,

Christianity is an experience not a Religon, If u hav an experience u would nt keep ur mouth shuT! Ask a man who just won a lottery, what others see as NUISANCE, is changing lives and d society @ large,

Anyway dis is my own opinion, :A MAN WITH AN EXPERIENCE IS NOT AT D MERCY OF A MAN WTH AN ARGUMENT"
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bicey(m): 3:33pm On Jan 18, 2008
@davidylan,

Bros you need to wash your brain. You have a stereotyped thinking. A true replica of a real xtian. The holy spirit has told you what you are saying is right.

Anyway if you doubt anything about AL ISLAM maybe you will need to buy an English fashion of the Holy Quran. That will bring you out of darkness.

"ALLAH guide us to the straight part. The part of those you have favoured and not those against whom you are wrathful,nor those who have gone astray". AMIN.

I love you as a brother and wish you are flexible. Reason with basic and or fundamental thruth about living with others. You are OK as a xtian There is No Crime in that. There is no compulsion in my religion. But do your religion without disturbing others and stop giving unecessary excuses.

Peace!
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by holyeye(m): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ all,
I no believe say d poster dey try cause kasala ooooooo. D guy just dey yarn some kain tins wey dey prevalent in our society now.
We cannot dispute that some bus preachers do go to the extreme. From past experience, they draw bad blood rite on the spot from the way they dish out their message and condemn others who are of other faith. Even the bible says thou shall Judge no man. To draw followership i believe one needs to be articulate and respectful of other people's views and faith. Christian, Muslim, Traditional or others, Just be the best of what you believe.
Show Love to all. Be happy always and eschew all appearances of wickedness.
Love dem babes more cheesy
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2008
bicey:

Anyway if you doubt anything about AL ISLAM maybe you will need to buy an English fashion of the Holy Quran. That will bring you out of darkness.

Didnt you tell us that once the quran is translated from arabic it is no longer the words of allah? Why then shld i waste my time reading an english version? A version that says all muslims are bound for hell by a hatman decree in Sura 17:91?

No sir! Read it alone.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bicey(m): 11:34am On Jan 21, 2008
@davidylan

Thank you.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by dafidixone(m): 11:40am On Jan 21, 2008
This is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.
You said commercial buses right?
If the drivers and conductors or owners of the business allowed them to preach in their buses,you,an ordinary passenger has no right whatsoever to object afterall you were not forced to ride the bus.
It is called freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
What they did was preach,they did not force anyone to shout Halleluia neither did they convert and baptize anyone against their will in a moving molue.

What do you say when I tell you the ladies dressed in ojuju calabar outfits with peep holes as eyes scares me?
Do I have a right to demand they take off the mask and show me their faces ?
No, I don't.
I deal with it or run away if I choose to.
It's called tolerance and learning to be at peace with your neighbors.

How about Christian girls in nothern Nigeria that are forced in some quarters to dress like Muslims?
Have you carried out a demonstration on their behalf ?
Why are you people perpetually offended by every tiny little thing ?

My dear since it's not illegal to preach in Nigerian buses as at now,you have some good options.

1.Climb down when a preachers comes on and board another bus.

2.Ride only buses operated by known Muslims or Sango worshippers that may not allow a Christian preach

3.Buy ear plugs and use them on the buses before they convert you

4.Charter a taxi for all your trips(,hopefully the cab driver doesn't start preaching)

5.Buy a car and be done with the preachers forever.

Maybe your next thread will be to ban billboards advertizing churches and their crusades or have people wearing crosses arrested.
Lord have mercy.

To add to your point I wonder what the poster will say to Muslims at Hamadiya in Agege who turns public road built with tx payer money to Praying ground. What are we realy saying.

If the Word of God is not preached in a Bus where else will you hear it? grin
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by amsky(m): 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2008
davidylan,+osisi,et all, tolerance please.we gain nothing by runnig down other people's religion.let's all be cool now okay. cool
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by obanikoro2(m): 3:15pm On Jan 21, 2008
@bicey
I felt for you the way you presented the topic at first, but when I read further, I became a little bit dazed by ur words.
I clearly understood what u said but believe the reply by Gfrey best expresses my opinion.

I'm a christian and definately not against the choice of religion of anyone. God has given us "free will" to decide if we want "life" or "death". He doesnt force you to choose; He allows you to make that choice and if by any means you choose the wrong way; He will look for a way to win you to the right way. NOT FORCEFULLY but lovinly.

Preaching, whether in a bus, market or church, is one way He uses to win us back. And bicey, who told you those preachings are for Christians alone? Jesus didnt come for holy people. He came for the sinners, drug dealers, prostitutes and those who dont know the Heavenly Father! Meaning those preachers are actually preaching because of U!

Hence, I support bus preaching, infact I will soon start mine. And dats no Joke!!!

Concerning the call for prayers by the Mosques; it should continue. I like it. Its a good alarm clock for me as it wakes me exactly the time I need to start preparing for work. I dont understand Yoruba very well but my sister interpretes what they preach in their mosques sometims AND SOME DO MAKE SENSE! Have also heard them condemn Christians alot, calling us names!

Bottom line Bicey- JESUS IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. NO ONE COMES TO GOD THE FATHER EXCEPT BY HIM!

ACCEPT HIM INTO YOUR LIFE AND U WILL NEVA REGRET IT. I ASSURE U
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by obanikoro2(m): 3:27pm On Jan 21, 2008
As for davidylan

Becareful what you say! Do you think Jesus will respond the same you have done thru out this post if He was in ur shoes? I quite understand ur mood, it happens to me sometimes but it's not neccesarily the best approach.

The bible tells us to be "wise as serpents but gentle as doves". Great wisdom is needed to handle certain issues that come our way in order not to turn back a soul that was already coming to Christ. I heard that Late Mahatma Ghandi of India once went to a church to get a grasp of what's going on there but he was turned back at the entrance. Only God knows if he would have given his life to Christ at that meeting. Those at the door might have sent him to hell by their reaction and words.

Lets us be very careful the way we treat others, most especially those that are not YET part of the body of Jesus
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bicey(m): 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2008
@Obanikoro2

Thank you for your points. You have passed a message every reasonable person will understand. I am not a religion critic.

I am a muslim and am very happy with my religion AL ISLAM(PEACE). I raised this thread because of my ordeal in a bus where someone preached against my religion in a very absurd Manner. My training is to work out of areas where i feel i am uncomfortable but in that case when i am in a bus going to Obalende from the Mainland what do you think i can do? preaching is met for everyone i agree with you. But what happens if a Muslim and xtain decide to preach at the same time in a bus.

I listen to Pastor Sam Adeyemi on TV every weekend and his preachings makes alot of sense to me. May God forgive us of SINS we commit that we are not aware of.

Preaching i agree can be done anywhere but a reasonable person MUSLIM or CHRISTAIN should consider a beta place where pple can make alternative choices. In GOD there is no compulsion in religion. Share fliers etc and interested pple will take.

It will be a Slap to you as a xtian if you are in a bus and you someone preached d bible upside down and you cant but listen all through ------ That is the kind of scenerio.

"I am pleased with Allah as lord and Islam as a religion and with Muhammad(PBUH) as a Prpphet and apostle".
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by uchetobi(f): 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2008
another thread of intellectuals discussing religion,

Anyways the preachin is ok, the only thin i don't like is dose that pass offering bags after preaching, somehow that doesnt sit well with me
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2008
, I don't think a commercial bus is the best place to preach a message, especially those messages "rendered" in hardcore yoruba at very loud volumes!!!! (no offence meant), I think we have an unnecesary luv for publicizing religion, when it rarely has space in our hearts, as for the offering part --- haba, preacher no go chop? its because nobody's donating , so they have to ask!
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by osisi5: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2008
dafidixone:

To add to your point I wonder what the poster will say to Muslims at Hamadiya in Agege who turns public road built with tx payer money to Praying ground. What are we realy saying.

If the Word of God is not preached in a Bus where else will you hear it? grin

My brother na wa o.
We are constantly being forced to endure these things for the sake of tolerance.
Muslims praying in the streets don't offend me one bit,if the law permits them to block streets,let them do so .They can pass out tracts and invite me to a mosque service and I won't be rude in responding.
We ought to be tolerant of the way people worship and spread their gospel and historically Christians have always been tolerant of Muslims but they are ever so quick to be on the offensive.

Nigerian southerners,Christians and Muslims and non Muslims all over the world are constantly slaughtered for no fault of theirs and it all starts with one person expressing disgust at the other persons mode of practice.
We ought to be very careful,the things we say.
Preaching in buses is not a new phenomenon.

Someone asked what if a Muslim started preaching in a bus,frankly,I would not be one bit offended,he should be given that right to express and share his faith,if I find it offensive,I'll simply stop riding buses.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by osisi5: 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2008
Even the drug salesmen that come in selling their medicines,if it's not against the law and the driver and conductor allow them,people should let them do their business and feed their families. grin
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2008
If any pastor makes any godforsaken noise in a molue

I will throw him out of the window grin
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by osisi5: 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2008
mdsocks:

If any pastor makes any godforsaken noise in a molue

I[b] will throw him out of the window [/b] grin

ROFL
Mdsocks,one doesn't have to be a pastor to preach in a bus.
all you need to do is whip out your Al Koran and start your own.
let's see who will win
cheesy
It may even make frontpage news

"Christian and Muslim preachers battle it out on a moving molue"
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by away4real(m): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ bicey, my 2 cents to your post is that we all understand your point, am a pickin of God myself and attimes i think some christain folks are over zealous, but hey the word is tolerance. We live in a secular world and we should tolerate each other, if he says what you don't like please ignore him and in your heart pray for him.

Now i don't want to attack you, but you are not as objective as you want to sound, see your comment below:

bicey:

@davidylan,
Bros you need to wash your brain. You have a stereotyped thinking. A true replica of a real xtian. The holy spirit has told you what you are saying is right.

David might need to wash his brain, but what is the replica of a true christain and you talk lightly on the holy spirit knowing that christains take that seriously, but did you notice somethin no christain responded to that.

TOLERANCE is the word, i might not like a lot of things i see about ISLAM (but i like the big sallah because i get to eat suya unlimited) but hey i wont complain about the things, i tolerate them.

Please as a true muslim, help in spreading tolerance amongst your brethren, we don't need all this "tit a tat". You hate some things and christains hate some things, but we can tolerate ourselves, so in my opinion the preaching can and should continue, we shld learn to tolerate and as someone suggested where we can get options as i knw some that have moved to areas where noise from loudspeakers is irritable even to muslims, please exercise the option and come down and get on another, calling for something to stop because it irritates u is unfair.

Again lets all note theres a bias in all of us towards our religion, so we need to be tolerant.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by osisi5: 6:23pm On Jan 22, 2008
away4real:

@ bicey, my 2 cents to your post is that we all understand your point, am a pickin of God myself and attimes i think some christain folks are over zealous, but hey the word is tolerance. We live in a secular world and we should tolerate each other, if he says what you don't like please ignore him and in your heart pray for him.

I don't know how long you've been on nairaland.
It only takes a few posts for the so called tolerant muslims to show their true color.
keep reading
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by DD5: 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2008
bicey:

I listen to Pastor Sam Adeyemi on TV every weekend and his preachings makes alot of sense to me. May God forgive us of SINS we commit that we are not aware of.

I'm not being critical here but if you can listen to "Pastor" Sam Adeyemi every sunday (as an unbeliever) and none of his words pricks your heart then i have all grounds to doubt those words of his.

Christ's message is not one that appeals to the lost, it is not a feel-good doctrine wherein everyone can just come and learn some new slogan for the week, it is not a motivational speech . . . the bible calls it the sword of the Spirit. A sword cuts throuth the heart . . .
Christ's message was so tough the pharisees spent 3 yrs "seeking to kill Him".

I dont remember anywhere in my bible that the unbelieving Jews, gentiles and pharisees also came to listen to Paul, Peter, James and John just for amusement . . . no where do we read that their messages "made sense" to the unbelievers and yet did not change their hearts.

Men stoned Stephen to death for his words of salvation, Paul was jailed, beaten and shipwrecked, Peter was crucified, John was thrown to the island of patmos, James was placed in a cauldron of hot oil.

Men and brethren, we live in an era where we have heaped to ourselves teachers who are simply giving us what our ears itch to hear. We have forgotten the very gospel of redemption that our early fathers fought and died for. We now take motivational speeches for messages . . . package it and sell to the gullible in the name of religion.

When an unbeliever finds it comfortable to listen to ur "message" it is time to do some serious soul searching.

Let he that hath an ear to hear let him hear.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by DD5: 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2008
One last word Bicey . . . do not take this as another islam bashing but an opportunity for you to search your soul.

You said: "May God forgive us of SINS we commit that we are not aware of."

Pls what is the concept of "sin" in the quran? Did allah ever tell you he had the power to forgive sins?

Just two questions for you and every other muslim to ponder upon.

Pls be aware . . . i ask these questions NOT to denigrate that which you believe but to prompt you to dig deeper . . . to be like the Berean christians who are not content to just swallow what the imam says in the mosque but to search and understand who allah truly is. Maybe when you do the scales of deciet that mohammed has placed over ur spiritual eyes would fall open.

It is not enough to just borrow vague cliches you hear from christians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? / Presidency: Primate Ayodele Warns PDP Against Zoning / Psalm 23 In Pidgin English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.