Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? (11687 Views)

Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? / 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! / An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by DaDoctor: 12:39pm On Jun 10, 2011
Peeps.
From whichever point you look at it.
There has been a decadence in terms of dress sense among Nigerians(Females especially) characterised by unwholesome and devilish exposures,But the question now is WHY HAS THIS BEEN CARRIED INTO THE HOUSE OF GOD??

Yes, many may say GOD sees THE MIND, But wasn't it the mind the directed and chose what the body wore?

Looking at this, in years to come i think it will be a worsened situation as there may be no distinction between the club gals and the 'sisters'.

Believe it or not, they cause many to derail in tot during service(You never can tell, pastors too are humans).

In my opinion, (not judging) please can there be a decorum in terms of dress sense in THE HOUSE OF GOD??

CAN THESE LADIES STOP THIS SHOW IN THE HOUSE OF GOD, Because this isnt limited to the pentecostal churches, even the churches of the old have ladies who have made traditional(native) , church wears even more exposing as ever .

All we pray for is decorum, THE HOUSE OF GOD SHOULD BE KEPT HOLY IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS.

Useful suggestions /Contributions/advises welcomed. No hypocrisy please
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by BABE3: 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2011
Preach on Brother! Tell'em!

All these yeye boys and men that like to show me their boxers too, should take time!  angry I'll be clapping my hands and looking around innocently in church, the next thing I see in front of me, is Dirty Tom and Jerry boxers. What da hell?

All of you skimpy dressers should warn yourself o! Repent.

OP: Is wearing above the knee dresses and skirts  considered "skimpy"?
lipsrsealed
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by DaDoctor: 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2011
@BABE, TAKE YOUR TIME OH!!!

THE RATE IS LOWEST IN GUYS.

TO YOUR QUESTION, ? YOUR ANSWER IS AS GOOD AS MINE.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by Snowwy: 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2011
Wisdom is profitable to direct.

Since preaching about this has not helped. It will be good if the church buildings that have A.Cs should have such A.Cs on full blast.
No one will need to preach on it again.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by DeepSight(m): 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2011
what is wrong with skinpy dresses? ssexuality is a potent tool of worship
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by BABE3: 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2011
Da Doctor:

@BABE, TAKE YOUR TIME OH!!!

THE RATE IS LOWEST IN GUYS.

TO YOUR QUESTION, ? YOUR ANSWER IS AS GOOD AS MINE.

Lol--- I never said it was high you know-- I agree with your post.

Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by DaDoctor: 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2011
Good wife, hope arent a culprit
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by BABE3: 1:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
^^ I'm your wife?    No, I'm not a culprit.

Pls check out this topic abeg.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-687384.0.html
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by DaDoctor: 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
ye you are,

rejoice,,,,!!!!!!sahalom
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by snowdrops(m): 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2011
judgement would start from the house of the lord.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2011
Many of them repeated a prayer and assumed they were saved by all these MOG.

The physical churches are packed full of unregenerate souls parading as born again.

Even the devil carries a bible to the physical church nowadays.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
churches r d houses of pastors. since u guys worship pastors, its d house of God.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 6:27pm On Jun 10, 2011
frosbel:

Many of them repeated a prayer and assumed they were saved by all these MOG.

The physical churches are packed full of unregenerate souls parading as born again.
Even the devil carries a bible to the physical church nowadays.

Dressing has nothing to do with salvation. Salvation is not by appearance . I'm not advocating for indecent exposure but let's get our fact straight.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2011
@ OP
I think you should define this skimpy dress thing. It is relative. Some people believe short sleeve shirt is a sin for a bro .
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by mabell: 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2011
and short knickers on guys too
why expose all that hairy yam legs smiley
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by nlMediator: 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
Joagbaje:

Dressing has nothing to do with salvation. Salvation is not by appearance . I'm not advocating for indecent exposure but let's get our fact straight.

I think he's saying that a person's salvation should reflect in how the person conducts him or herself - an indisputable fact.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by mrmayor(m): 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2011
I personally like the "SKIMPY" dresses, there is no better feeling than getting a Rock Hard Boner in church. Ejigbi jibgi. I still remember my first visit to Christ Embassy. The Choristers were wearing White that Sunday, during the service the Pastor asked all those who were there for the first time to stand, Honourable Mrmayor stood up.

They prayed for me and welcomed me with LOVE HUGS, Nairalanders the hug I got from one particular Chorister is stuck in my memory forever, I can still feel it. Ejigbi jigbi. electric flow no be small. Her jacket was open all through the service, I kept looking at her mellons, boy the Nipp/les, I no fit south o

The woman sitting in front of me had this extra tight low rider trousers on, it was just shear, I still argue with my friend who took me there that she was not wearing any panties.  cheesy

I can't remember what the pastor preached but I can't forget that tight backside, wish I could touch till today. ejigbi jigbi jigbi wink
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by Azibalua(f): 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2011
The church is not for perfect people but a place to perfect people
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by nlMediator: 9:43pm On Jun 10, 2011
Azibalua:

The church is not for perfect people but a place to perfect people

Correct. Problem is that this truth has been hijacked and abused by christians and non-christians. If somebody has been attending a church for years, he needs to show progress in that journey toward perfection. He cannot continue to live like he lived before or even worse and hide under the aphorism that the church is not for perfect people. An ideal church should show young christians that still display traits of unbelievers and more mature ones showing that they've left the old ways. Unfortunately, many older christians are showing terrible examples and I don't believe your expression justifiably provides them the needed cover to continue in wrongdoing.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by thehomer: 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2011
Da Doctor:

[b]Peeps.
From whichever point you look at it.
There has been a decadence in terms of dress sense among Nigerians(Females especially) Chacterised by unwholesome and deilish exposures,But the question nown is WHY HAS THIS BEEN CARRIED INTO THE HOUSE OF GOD??

Yes ,many may say GOD NEEDS THE MIND, But wasnt it the mind the directed and chose what the body wore?

Looking at this, in years to come i think it will be a worsened situation as there may be no distinction between the club gals and the 'sisters'.

Believe it or not, they cause many to derail in tot during service(You never can tell, pastors too are humans).

In my opinion, (not judging) please can there be a decorum in terms of dress sense in THE HOUSE OF GOD??

CAN THESE LADIES STOP THIS SHOW IN THE HOUSE OF GOD, Because this isnt limited to the pentecostal churches, even the churches of the old have ladies who have made traditional(native) , church wears even more exposing as ever .

All we pray for is decorum, THE HOUSE OF GOD SHOULD BE KEPT HOLY IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS.

Usefull suggestions /Contributions/advises wellcomed. No hypocrisy please[/b]

Hey, who are you to judge? Have you forgotten that the church is for sinners?
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by gsuccess: 4:58am On Jun 11, 2011
A SINNER IS NOT A CHRISTIAN, A CHRISTIAN IS NOT A SINNER (I JOHN 3:9,8a). 'HE THAT COMMITTETH SIN IS OF THE DEVIL, '
A CHRISTIAN IS NOT A SEDUCER, A SEDUCER IS NOT A CHRISTIAN. IF YOU SEDUCE MEN OR WOMEN TO HELL, AND YOU WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN, WHICH HEAVEN? ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS IS SIN (I JOHN 5:17a). ,
IN MATHEW 5:28, JESUS SAID THAT WHOSOEVER LOOKETH ON A WOMAN TO LUST AFTER HER HATH COMMITTETH ADULTERY WITH HER ALREADY IN HIS HEART. AS WE KNOW THAT THIS IS TRUE, WHY DO WE DRESS THE WAY WE DRESS TODAY TO SEDUCE PEOPLE EVEN IN THE CHURCH AND WE CLAIM TO BE BORN AGAIN? WE MOUNT THE PULPIT TO SING WITH MINI SKIRTS AS WELL AS EXPOSE bosoms, WEAR TIGHT SKIRTS TO SHOW ALL OUR BODY CONTOUR, AND THE PASTOR SEE NOTHING WRONG IN THAT AND CANNOT PREACH AGAINST IT. IF YOU MAKE ANOTHER CHRISTIAN TO LUST AFTER YOU AND FALL FROM THE FAITH BECAUSE OF YOUR DRESSING AND YOU CLAIM YOU ARE INNOCENT, THAT IS A LIE. YOU WILL BE JUDGED. THEREFORE REPENT TODAY OF EVERY SEDUCTION ON THE STREETS IN THE NAME OF FASHION AND 'IT DOESNT MATTER' ATTITUDE. DO NOT MAKE YOUR BROTHER/SISTER TO FALL INTO TEMPTATION. 'WITHOUT HOLINESS NO MAN CAN SEE THE LORD (HEBREWS 12:14). WHERE WILL YOU SPENT ETERNITY?
ARE YOU INTO LIEING,QUARELLING,FIGHTING,FORNICATION,STEALING,ROBBERY,SCAMMING,FALSIFICATION,SMOKING/DRUNKENNESS,HOMOSEXUALITY,LESBIANISM,ABORTION,PROSTITUTION,CHEATING,SEDUCTION,MAKING CHARMS,IDOLATERY,ANY KIND OF IMMORALITY,ADULTERY, RITUALS? REPENT NOW AND AMEND YOUR WAYS. HE THAT COVERS HIS SIN SHALL NOT PROSPER (PROVERBS 28:13). ESCAPE THE DANGER OF HELL FIRE. JESUS LOVES YOU.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by gsuccess: 4:59am On Jun 11, 2011
In Mathew 3:8 the Bible said a christian should bring forth fruits meet for repentance. And again, it is written, by their fruits ye shall know them. A born again christian must bring forth fruits of righteousness, not fruits of pollution or defilement or seduction or Lusting. As well, if you say you are saved, be willing and ready to do restitution like Zachaeus. Return stolen things, in order to have a conscience void of offence toward God and toward men (Acts 24:16). Ask yourself, what is the motive of your dressing, to cover your unclothedness or to show your unclothedness, to show off (beware of pride), to seduce or to edify.

A SEDUCER IS NOT A CHRISTIAN; A CHRISTIAN IS NOT A SEDUCER. PERIOD!!

HE THAT COMMITETH SIN IS OF THE DEVIL (1 John 3:9,8a

GENUINE REPENTANCE AND SALVATION FROM ALL SIN WILL DEFINITELY BRING ABOUT LIFE TRANSFORMATION THAT WILL PRODUCE FRUITS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. SO, YOUR DRESSING AFTER YOU SAY YOU ARE BORN AGAIN MATTERS BEFORE GOD.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 11, 2011
^^

Modest dressing is very important as a Christian, but how can you tell many unconverted people here who are not led by the Holy Spirit to dress in a decent way undecided

Many churches are full of so called born agains , but in reality they are tares, people who have never met or know GOD.

Let us preach the repentance of ALL sin and baptism in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins. Now when these people and others become truly converted and are now led by the Holy Spirit he will lead them into all truth and their talk will change, their dressing will change, their friend circles will change.

By the way I agree with the modest dressing but not with the deeper life kind of dressing.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by EvilBrain1(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2011
To find the answer to this problem, we must trace it back to the origin. When God created man, he was unclothed. He reigned above all the animals in the garden of Eden and everything was perfect. That is until the appearance of woman. She brought sin into the world, she seduced Adam into eating the fruit and ever since then she has been tormenting man with her feminine attributes. Every day, she tempts us into sin.

No dress is baggy enough to protect man from her. Even outside a mosque, I still get a boner when I see the eyes of a woman in hijab. We must not put our faith in wrappers and scarves and burquas. They can not save us. We must find a true solution. And that true solution is also the final solution:

We must kill all the women!

Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2011
how about kill all d christians n moslems
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by nlMediator: 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2011
Evil Brain:

To find the answer to this problem, we must trace it back to the origin. When God created man, he was unclothed. He reigned above all the animals in the garden of Eden and everything was perfect. That is until the appearance of woman. She brought sin into the world, she seduced Adam into eating the fruit and ever since then she has been tormenting man with her feminine attributes. Every day, she tempts us into sin.

No dress is baggy enough to protect man from her. Even outside a mosque, I still get a boner when I see the eyes of a woman in hijab. We must not put our faith in wrappers and scarves and burquas. They can not save us. We must find a true solution. And that true solution is also the final solution:

We must kill all the women!

It is correct to say that one can be tempted even by a woman in hijab. That's why it is misplaced to make this more about seduction and claiming that people commit adultery because of their skimpy dresses when people look at them. That is a baseless charge. Otherwise, all the girls that are fully clothe and still get unwanted stares are also adulterers. Does not make sense.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by octar6: 8:17pm On Jun 11, 2011
NLMediator:

It is correct to say that one can be tempted even by a woman in hijab. That's why it is misplaced to make this more about seduction and claiming that people commit adultery because of their skimpy dresses when people look at them. That is a baseless charge. Otherwise, all the girls that are fully clothe and still get unwanted stares are also adulterers. Does not make sense.
grin grin grin @evil brain,men ur really evil with your thinkin.I cant stop laughing. grin grin grin grin
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by Gbenge77(m): 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2011
Its rather inappropriate to dress indecently to church.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by 4good(m): 8:31pm On Jun 11, 2011
This is one of the few interesting topics we've had here on NL. May God grant understanding to the ignorant and careless beleivers(or people) who just preach & advocate "salvation is of the heart". It is written BY THEIR FRUITS WE SHALL KNOW THEM matthew 7:16

Dressing is one of the least areas a genuine child of God should have problem with. I advise we all dress for God at all times. 1 Cor. 10:31.
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by Fiscabally(m): 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
mrmayor:

I personally like the "SKIMPY" dresses, there is no better feeling than getting a Rock Hard Boner in church. Ejigbi jibgi. I still remember my first visit to Christ Embassy. The Choristers were wearing White that Sunday, during the service the Pastor asked all those who were there for the first time to stand, Honourable Mrmayor stood up.

They prayed for me and welcomed me with LOVE HUGS, Nairalanders the hug I got from one particular Chorister is stuck in my memory forever, I can still feel it. Ejigbi jigbi. electric flow no be small. Her jacket was open all through the service, I kept looking at her mellons, boy the Nipp/les, I no fit south o

The woman sitting in front of me had this extra tight low rider trousers on, it was just shear, I still argue with my friend who took me there that she was not wearing any panties.  cheesy

I can't remember what the pastor preached but I can't forget that tight backside, wish I could touch till today. ejigbi jigbi jigbi wink

lol.Bad boy
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by dascojk: 8:47pm On Jun 11, 2011
The BIBLE says if a man look at a woman lustfuly, he has commited adultery in his heart. I dont see d reason why someone will be coming to the church with satanic dresses. SATAN HAS TAKEN THE CONTROL OF THIS WORLD.

Lord JESUS, tarry not, d world is corrupt.Come and save your chosen ones from these sinful world.PLEASE
Re: Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? by poporipo(f): 9:17pm On Jun 11, 2011
sad it is sad and unfortunate that all some ladies do now is to walk around naked and without fear into the house of God. hmmmmm! embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? / Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God / Christians And Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.