Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone (9701 Views)

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel / "My Govt. Can't Solve The Nigeria Problem Of 16 Years In Just 4 Years"-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by HammedSodiqq: 6:32am On Oct 01, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday said he could not single-handedly surmount the challenges confronting the nation.
Jonathan, at an  interdenominational church service to mark  the 52nd independence anniversary of the nation  at the National Christian Centre, Abuja,  stated  that only the collective efforts of all would take the country forward.
He  expressed the conviction that the problems of the nation would soon become things of the past.

The theme of the service was “The weapons of our warfare are not carnal.”
The President said, “Leadership at all levels of government is a collective thing. One person cannot change a nation. The President, governors, lawmakers, members of the judiciary alone cannot do it.
“The leader matters but he cannot change things alone. All Nigerians, men and women, will change things in the country.

“If God can use Nehemiah to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, in all arms of governments, I believe we have many Nehemiahs. There are many of them among teachers, artisans, and clergy.

“God will use these various Nehemiahs to rebuild this country. I can say again that Nigeria will succeed; with our cooperation we shall succeed!”
Jonathan said if the nation must rise above  diseases, insecurity and other ills, Nigerians must earnestly play their roles  and intercede for the land
He said his administration had succeeded in sanitising the electoral process and assured stakeholders that more efforts were being put into the government’s anti-corruption war.

He said although the works might not be obvious to many now,  his administration had also been doing well in the economic sector.

Promising  that his administration would continue to work hard on the security challenges in some parts of the country, he added that he and his aides would not sleep until power supply    stabilises in the country.

In his sermon at the service, President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, described the fundamentalist  Islamic sect, Boko Haram, as a terrorist organisation.

Oritsejafor said the sect was being funded by some politicians who wanted to create political space for themselves as well as some outsiders who  desired Nigeria’s disintegration
He said, “Boko Haram is a terrorist organisation; you and I know it. The activities of Boko Haram are not fuelled by poverty but by a religious fundamentalist ideology.
“Boko Haram is funded from within by people who desire to use them to create political space for themselves and funded from without by those who want to see Nigeria divided along religious-ethnic lines.

“Boko Haram is also sustained by media apologist who feed the unsuspecting public with politically- incorrect half-truths.”

Oritsejafor said as a nation, if Nigerians were serious about getting answers to national prayers, they must turn from their wicked ways.

The cleric identified the two conditions necessary for answered prayers as humility and turning from wickedness.

Former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, in his remarks said the nation’s independence anniversary called for a sober reflection and more prayer and supplication from all.

He said, “Together we can rescue our nation from its present difficulties. Nigeria would have been worst of if not for prayers.

“We have a divine responsibility to pray for the peace of our land, a nation bombarded with multiplicity of challenges. I urge church leadership to put on the armour of prayer to seek divine intervention from God. We must begin the process of mobilisation for prayers.”
Senate President David Mark read the first lesson of the service while Jonathan read the second.
Other dignitaries at the service were former President Olusegun Obasanjo, former Vice- President Alex Ekwueme, members and the  leadership of the National Assembly, ministers, service chiefs, diplomatic corps and captains of industry

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-cant-solve-nigerias-problems-alone-president/

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Biggyd2: 6:46am On Oct 01, 2012
Jonathan also declared ONE YEAR PRAYER PROJECT for the country. http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/36144/2012/10/01/president_declares_oneyear_prayers_nations_woes_beyond_me_alone_jonathan.html

I do know that faith without work is absolutely dead! undecided
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Bolinco(m): 7:03am On Oct 01, 2012
Biggyd2: Jonathan also declared ONE YEAR PRAYER PROJECT for the country. http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/36144/2012/10/01/president_declares_oneyear_prayers_nations_woes_beyond_me_alone_jonathan.html

eyaaa....go aks 4 bokoboys support....!or ur englisian(patient),support.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Biggyd2: 7:33am On Oct 01, 2012
Somebody even called it the NEHEMIAH PROJECT!!! grin
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by 9jalondon: 9:31am On Oct 01, 2012
Seun invest in Garri production cool cool

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2012
Sure Nigeria's problems are so enormus, one person can not solve it all. I agree wit GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Bukkyade: 9:35am On Oct 01, 2012
This is a very sincere appeal, cause no president can rule alone of we the citizens don't support him. We all need to join hands together and move this country forward with prayers, Nigeria would be a better place.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by moderatorr: 9:36am On Oct 01, 2012
Jonathan is the best president Nigeria ever had!
Keep effing the bokos sir, its time we let them know which country they played with.
We are enjoying your 23 hours light and transparency in governance.
May God preserve your wife so you can have a happy kpara after your tenure.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 01, 2012
the adherents to the nigerian god at it again
pray pray pray

and the problems will go away,

the arm of thieves, drunkards, philanderers in govt blathering about prayer

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by moderatorr: 9:39am On Oct 01, 2012
oyb: the adherents to the nigerian god at it again
pray pray pray

The president works 6 days, prays on the 7th then you come here to post rubbish about Nigerian god.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by pastie(m): 9:40am On Oct 01, 2012
Mcheewww, jst passing.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Lugianostar(m): 9:43am On Oct 01, 2012
Yes of course,all hands must be on desk 2 help move Nigeria 4ward.Let's support Mr.president.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 01, 2012
moderatorr: Jonathan is the best president Nigeria ever had!
Keep effing the bokos sir, its time we let them know which country they played with.
We are enjoying your 23 hours light and transparency in governance.
May God preserve your wife so you can have a happy kpara after your tenure.

And there I was thinking they may have been responsible for the bombing near the Catholic church in Bauchi eight days ago. Maybe that was the handwork of Nazis.

OT: GEJ and his use of pathos. It works very well on Nigerians, no doubt. We know he'll need support, however, his methods of solving Nigeria's problems are questionable. I don't know how increasing fuel price on poverty-stricken Nigerians and masking corruption in his own cabinet solves anything. As long as corrupt and unqualified politicians control our government, Nigeria will continue down a path where no real progress is in sight.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Dpeacemaker101: 9:46am On Oct 01, 2012
I support mr president, let us all support him
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by mbhs139(m): 9:50am On Oct 01, 2012
Oritsejafor:

In his sermon at the service, President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, described the fundamentalist Islamic sect, Boko Haram, as a terrorist organisation.

Oritsejafor said the sect was being funded by some politicians who wanted to create political space for themselves as well as some outsiders who desired Nigeria’s disintegration

He said, “Boko Haram is a terrorist organisation; you and I know it. The activities of Boko Haram are not fuelled by poverty but by a religious fundamentalist ideology.

“Boko Haram is [b]funded from within by people who desire to use them to create political space for themselves and funded from without by those who want to see Nigeria divided along religious-ethnic lines

the underlined and bolded seem unrelated to me. speaking from the two sides of the mouth: Political; Islamic fundametilist; From Within; funded by politicians; create polotical space; blablabla

Seems Pastor did not really know what's going on or actually does but trying to mislead us intobelieving something else.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Dreystar(f): 9:51am On Oct 01, 2012
If he(GEJ) can't solve the problems alone, then wat is he waiting for? undecided
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by damola1: 9:51am On Oct 01, 2012
Nigeria as grown hugely in the last 1year than in any other time. And at this time, I am very proud of our leadership. He's affected the country in a way no other democratic leader has. As I am talking to you now. I have not used more than 2-3k fuel in the last 3 months btw home and office. Aliko dangote said that the middle class will jump by almost 10% once power is taken care of. I am very happy to be Nigerian today!... Lets now help this great man to achieve the dream together... with all of our powers, we can definitely make it better.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Gbawe: 9:55am On Oct 01, 2012
oyb: the adherents to the nigerian god at it again
pray pray pray

My brother, Fela's golden and eternally wise words always resonate loudly to describe Nigerians i.e "suffering and smiling" people. Which Nigerian, unless those happy to suffer and smile, can be taken in by GEJ's insincere talk here?

Yes, GEJ cannot solve Nigeria's problem on his own. The next best thing he must do is to assemble a team of driven, upright, talented and proven leaders to assist him. If he has done this genuinely, then many of the most upright and respected Nigerians who criticise him, non-stop, will cut him some slack.

Instead everyone sees a President ,despite claiming to want "transformation" convening and 'recycling' a gang of crooks, mediocrities and AGIPs like Adoke-Bello, Haliru Mohammed, Ringim, Otedola, Allison-Madueke et al only to then be lamenting next minute that he cannot do it all. The reality shows he is not really seeking solutions. We all, for example, saw GEJ supporting "dead on arrival" David Mark to retain the Senate Presidency. That is not the action of a President who genuinely wants a vibrant and transformational team.

What will rescue Nigeria is for our best hands to be in charge everywhere. GEJ has deliberately spurned this model. He therefore has no right to be playing 'victim'. For example, at a critical stage when Nigeria could have done with a Femi Falana type of AGF, GEJ delivers an Aondoakaa on steroids in the form of the ultra-corrupt Adoke-Bello who is more a defender of the most corrupt in the land than anything else. Pathetic !!!! Who is GEJ then fooling, except those who love to suffer and smile, with his insincere talk?

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by killuminati(m): 9:57am On Oct 01, 2012
He cannot do it alone he needs Patience.
Just imagine good luck without patience grin
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by jigawatts(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2012
Lugianostar: Yes of course,all hands must be on desk 2 help move Nigeria 4ward.Let's support Mr.president.

DESK grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Dollarman101: 10:00am On Oct 01, 2012
I keep loving this man daily. This is the most sincere president of all time. I believe those having issues with him fail to understand the level of sincerity and humility which he Is bringing on board into governance.
They want him to lie like other presidents that all is well and within their control. Not GEJ. he has this frank disposition to issues of governance.
Anybody who wants to misunderstand this sincere admission that the journey to a better Nigeria is collective is a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Les: 10:03am On Oct 01, 2012
Dreystar: If he(GEJ) can't solve the problems alone, then wat is he waiting for? undecided
which kind qweshon be dis one?
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by ballabriggs: 10:05am On Oct 01, 2012
A thread for monkeys and baboons.

Yes, whoever listens to what Jona says under the influence of cassava loaf and kaikai is a "monkey and baboon".

*spits on thread*

Wakka shege banza
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by aare07(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2012
therefore, ACN is right for calling him Training President
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by kasheemawo(m): 10:09am On Oct 01, 2012
GEJ can not solve Nigeria problems alone but he can compound it;imagine PHCN monthly bill is more than house rent without light.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 01, 2012
ogugua88:

And there I was thinking they may have been responsible for the bombing near the Catholic church in Bauchi eight days ago. Maybe that was the handwork of Nazis.

OT: GEJ and his use of pathos. It works very well on Nigerians, no doubt. We know he'll need support, however, his methods of solving Nigeria's problems are questionable. I don't know how increasing fuel price on poverty-stricken Nigerians and masking corruption in his own cabinet solves anything. As long as corrupt and unqualified politicians control our government, Nigeria will continue down a path where no real progress is in sight.

Hi BayBay!! Where u go since? Missed reading ur comments!
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by onyeego(m): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2012
Biggyd2: Jonathan also declared ONE YEAR PRAYER PROJECT for the country. http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/36144/2012/10/01/president_declares_oneyear_prayers_nations_woes_beyond_me_alone_jonathan.html

Are u this shallow minded
Who told u that d president is not working?
D man is working tirelessly to make this country better.
D question now should be; what have u done to better yourself not to talk of Nigeria other than to run ur mouth.
Its good that people like u will leave ur caves sometimes to see what this humble man is doing for his country.
Power,rail,airports,economy,electoral reforms,agriculture e.t.c
D man has touched virtually all
d sectors of d economy and u say he is not working?
For d first time in this country we see highly placed people arrested and charged to court for corruption,ministers resign for conflict of interest.
No president before Goodluck Jonathan has faced the kind of challenges he is currently facing yet the man has been committed to defend the entity of Nigeria as a Nation.
To you he might be clueless,a retardeen,weak e.t.c
But to people like me who will look before we leap.
He is d best president Nigeria has got so far.
my joy is that Goodluck Jonathan is setting a pace for presidents to come, and when he finally leaves office.........
Before you insult GEJ again, just remember that to be Nigeria's president in these times is a task reserved for the gods.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by aare07(m): 10:12am On Oct 01, 2012
To me parsonally, Education First: He should solve the education sector problem first- since 2010, He GEJ has signed 9 universities into Law, most of them are yet to take up for academic activities. Including one which Located at Lokoja- which I was given Admission
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Jayloy: 10:13am On Oct 01, 2012
Naija i hail thee.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Super1759: 10:13am On Oct 01, 2012
Bukkyade: This is a very sincere appeal, cause no president can rule alone of we the citizens don't support him. We all need to join hands together and move this country forward with prayers, Nigeria would be a better place.
on point
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by ceejay80s(m): 10:15am On Oct 01, 2012
U cant solve naija problem alone? Na me and jonathan dey share him SALARY?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by gregg2: 10:15am On Oct 01, 2012
GEJ is just sincere with Nigerians.
Opposition are disceptive and mischievious.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Saves N500b From Looters / Nigerians Fed Up With Buhari, APC, Want Us Back In 2023 — PDP / Gov Ugwuanyi Hosts Ex-Enugu Lands Commissioner, Nnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.