Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone (9708 Views)

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel / "My Govt. Can't Solve The Nigeria Problem Of 16 Years In Just 4 Years"-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Super1759: 10:15am On Oct 01, 2012
ballabriggs: A thread for monkeys and baboons.

Yes, whoever listens to what Jona says under the influence of cassava loaf and kaikai is a "monkey and baboon".

*spits on thread*

Wakka shege banza
your just full of shit. Please go back to your bus-conductor biz..mumu
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Dollarman101: 10:16am On Oct 01, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, Fela's golden and eternally wise words always resonate loudly to describe Nigerians i.e "suffering and smiling" people. Which Nigerian, unless those happy to suffer and smile, can be taken in by GEJ's insincere talk here?

Yes, GEJ cannot solve Nigeria's problem on his own. The next best thing he must do is to assemble a team of driven, upright, talented and proven leaders to assist him. If he has done this genuinely, then many of the most upright and respected Nigerians who criticise him, non-stop, will cut him some slack.

Instead everyone sees a President ,despite claiming to want "transformation" convening and 'recycling' a gang of crooks, mediocrities and AGIPs like Adoke-Bello, Haliru Mohammed, Ringim, Otedola, Allison-Madueke et al only to then be lamenting next minute that he cannot do it all. The reality shows he is not really seeking solutions. We all, for example, saw GEJ supporting "dead on arrival" David Mark to retain the Senate Presidency. That is not the action of a President who genuinely wants a vibrant and transformational team.

What will rescue Nigeria is for our best hands to be in charge everywhere. GEJ has deliberately spurned this model. He therefore has no right to be playing 'victim'. For example, at a critical stage when Nigeria could have done with a Femi Falana type of AGF, GEJ delivers an Aondoakaa on steroids in the form of the ultra-corrupt Adoke-Bello who is more a defender of the most corrupt in the land than anything else. Pathetic !!!! Who is GEJ then fooling, except those who love to suffer and smile, with his insincere talk?

OGA, no dey fool yourself. GEJ has assembled competent hands in every sector. Can you parade any name in Nigeria with a better pedigree and CV than Ngozi Okonjo Iweala as Finance Minister? Can you tell me any Agriculture Minister in history with a better intellectual background than Adeshina? Until he left due to alleged conflict of interest, Barth Nnaji was the best Power Minister to grace our history.

I don't know what personal problems you have with Diezani that you cannot get your minds off her. She has indeed proven to be the best Petroluem Minjster ever. Which other Minuster in history has carried out the reforms and scrutiny we are witnessing in the oil sector more than Diezani? Which other Minister of Petroluem fought the oil cabal in Nigeria the way Diezani has come to fight since she came on onboard? Which other Minister of Petroluem has successfully executed an emergency gas power plan to power our thermal stations which Diezani has done resulting in improved power supply nationwide.

Before Diezani came in as Minister, there was no comprehensive law governing the entire Oil sector. This woman took it upon herself to engage the likes of Senator Udoma to pavkage the new revolutionary PIB which is set to reform the entire Petroluem sector. Why must you guys mischievously set out to portray her in bad light? It is not fair.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Godjone(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2012
We must unite and fight those islamist militants dat are angry because a Christain is ruling Nigeria. If we do not fight this people, d regime of Jona is as good as failure
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by nagoma(m): 10:19am On Oct 01, 2012
AFOLSNETWORKS: Sure Nigeria's problems are so enormus, one person can not solve it all. I agree wit GEJ.

The man who has 44 ministers over 100 advisors , a senate, paliarment all lead by his party, a well equipped military at his command, a 300,000 strong police force, a media with widest reach in africa, the Nigerian treasury and CBN and NNPC , an array of jets, fleet of vehicle , a palace to live in with all your relatives free of charge and a billion Naira annual allowance for food and more and more and he is complaining of being alone! And this is the guy we hope can solve Nigerias problems?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by omiobo: 10:23am On Oct 01, 2012
All our leaders are dead seeds that cannot bring forth fruits. We need living seeds that can bear fruits to make progress.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by achi4u(m): 10:25am On Oct 01, 2012
let him stop creating fear in us.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Vogue50: 10:30am On Oct 01, 2012
That's a nice and passionate appeal from a responsible president . The challenges of a country with multi-ethnic and diverse culture will be to enormous for mr.president to handle alone. It is of extreme importance that we assist the government to build a better Nigeria!
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by gonon: 10:34am On Oct 01, 2012
Dollarman101:

OGA, no dey fool yourself. GEJ has assembled competent hands in every sector. Can you parade any name in Nigeria with a better pedigree and CV than Ngozi Okonjo Iweala as Finance Minister? Can you tell me any Agriculture Minister in history with a better intellectual background than Adeshina? Until he left due to alleged conflict of interest, Barth Nnaji was the best Power Minister to grace our history.

I don't know what personal problems you have with Diezani that you cannot get your minds off her. She has indeed proven to be the best Petroluem Minjster ever. Which other Minuster in history has carried out the reforms and scrutiny we are witnessing in the oil sector more than Diezani? Which other Minister of Petroluem fought the oil cabal in Nigeria the way Diezani has come to fight since she came on onboard? Which other Minister of Petroluem has successfully executed an emergency gas power plan to power our thermal stations which Diezani has done resulting in improved power supply nationwide.

Before Diezani came in as Minister, there was no comprehensive law governing the entire Oil sector. This woman took it upon herself to engage the likes of Senator Udoma to pavkage the new revolutionary PIB which is set to reform the entire Petroluem sector. Why must you guys mischievously set out to portray her in bad light? It is not fair.
Bless u for this post. Nigerians r quick to forget the fact that it took more than 8years to destroy this country and its going to take more than 8years to fix it. We (Nigerians) r so use to the military ways of giving orders, forgetting that in democracy things have to pass through channels. To those who call him a retardeen, how have you bettered yourself to help this country or what r u doing to make Naija better?
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by onyeego(m): 10:35am On Oct 01, 2012
Dollarman101:

Ur on point Bro, d problem with Nigerians is that we have a short memory, we forget that there were times when we do not know how much d previous presidents use for their feeding, times when NNPC,CBN,Min. Of finance and countless Agencies do not present their budgets to the National assembly.
U see, d many protests u see here and there are sponsored by the same people who wish Nigeria bad.
With GEJ, its not business as usual,that's why he is clueless,a retardeen,weak,corrupt and insensitive.
When GEJ stepped into office, one of the first things he did was to sign the FOI into law.
Sometimes, I wonder if we are so blind to SEE.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by greaterlove(m): 10:44am On Oct 01, 2012
For the first time I am seeing nigeria moving forward, we are seeing the power, oil and agricultural sectors improving. Work is being done on our railway sector that has always been seen as a joke. Opportunities in all this sectors are being created. More work needs to be done but we are moving forward. Yeah my president I agree with you we all have to help in our own way to make nigeria great. Arise o compatriots, Nigeria's call obey.

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 01, 2012
Nigerians have been praying from the Days of Abacha. We prayed from the Days of Buhari till the Days of Yaradua. Nigerians will continue to Pray. But Prayers alone will not cut it. Nigerians should begin to think , love and respect Nigeria. The leadership should follow the footsteps of GEJ, who despite all odds and insults is doing all he can to reposition Nigeria for economic growth. Happy BDay Motherland.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by greaterlove(m): 10:52am On Oct 01, 2012
Dollarman101:

Great post, some really have short memories, they will never see any good and will always see the cup half empty.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by olivertwist: 11:05am On Oct 01, 2012
'I can't solve Nigeria problem alone' - GEJ

But you are eating N1 Billion Cassava Bread alone.

You single-handedly increased fuel price.

You sent army to kill Nigerians who dared to protest the fuel increase.

You recently said you don't give a damn when asked to declare your assets.

Mr President, you better get down to business or else ....
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by nagoma(m): 11:05am On Oct 01, 2012
Godjone: We must unite and fight those islamist militants dat are angry because a Christain is ruling Nigeria. If we do not fight this people, d regime of Jona is as good as failure

The blame game will never stop. Pastor Bakare , Femi Falana and Tam David West are now Islamic militants because they advocate for good governance.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by nagoma(m): 11:09am On Oct 01, 2012
Gbawe:
My brother, Fela's golden and eternally wise words always resonate loudly to describe Nigerians i.e "suffering and smiling" people. Which Nigerian, unless those happy to suffer and smile, can be taken in by GEJ's insincere talk here?
Yes, GEJ cannot solve Nigeria's problem on his own. The next best thing he must do is to assemble a team of driven, upright, talented and proven leaders to assist him. If he has done this genuinely, then many of the most upright and respected Nigerians who criticise him, non-stop, will cut him some slack.
Instead everyone sees a President ,despite claiming to want "transformation" convening and 'recycling' a gang of crooks, mediocrities and AGIPs like Adoke-Bello, Haliru Mohammed, Ringim, Otedola, Allison-Madueke et al only to then be lamenting next minute that he cannot do it all. The reality shows he is not really seeking solutions. We all, for example, saw GEJ supporting "dead on arrival" David Mark to retain the Senate Presidency. That is not the action of a President who genuinely wants a vibrant and transformational team.
What will rescue Nigeria is for our best hands to be in charge everywhere. GEJ has deliberately spurned this model. He therefore has no right to be playing 'victim'. For example, at a critical stage when Nigeria could have done with a Femi Falana type of AGF, GEJ delivers an Aondoakaa on steroids in the form of the ultra-corrupt Adoke-Bello who is more a defender of the most corrupt in the land than anything else. Pathetic !!!! Who is GEJ then fooling, except those who love to suffer and smile, with his insincere talk?

God Bless you . Voice of reason . You have said it all.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by timilehin007(m): 11:12am On Oct 01, 2012
ceejay80s: U cant solve naija problem alone? Na me and jonathan dey share him SALARY?
. My brother e tire me oooo....why ordinary people need to support am for wetin we appoint am to do there he for tell us when he dey campaign say he need all naija to assist am and he go dey share him salary w̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅̄†̥̥h̶̲̥̅̊ us
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Gbawe: 11:14am On Oct 01, 2012
Dollarman101:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked What a big lie !!! Why do you guys do this? Are you this desperate to promote this Government as a performing one to the extent you must lie and attempt very dishonest and fraudulent revisions of recent history? Allison-Madueke had nothing to do with the conception of the PIB. Fact !!!!!

Even the reality on ground show that the most respected names in GEJ's cabinet were deployed for 'window dressing' and not sincere solutions-provision. You mention Okonjo-Iweala. In my opinion she is now jaded and ineffective. She talked about drastic reduction of recurrent expenditure while out of Government yet she limply produced a 1% per year reduction target, till 2015, when she joined Government !!!!

Also, you and others forget Okonjo-Iweala was drafted in as the "saviour" yet she was keen to walk away , after only months in the job, to accept the world bank job while GEJ was nonchalant about losing a so-called performer he had ostensibly pinned all hopes on !!! There is no need embracing sentiments and emotions to the extent we can't see what is obvious. If Okonjo-Iweala and GEJ were indeed totally devoted to the project of saving Nigeria, as a core commitment, then everyone involved would have told the World bank where to shove it because Nigeria has embarked on a serious project that is far more important.

Also interesting is the Nnaji situation. Whatever you think, is he now not gone?

As for Allison-Madueke, she is a crook in my book. Too many stupendous scams happened under her watch including some she was directly linked to. In serious nations, her position would not be tenable today. It is as simple as that. It is also laughable you link PIB victory to her. That single action shows dishonesty on your path. She has nothing to do with the PIB. Indeed, all that can be remembered is her failure to see the PIB passed after she vowed, before the end of the last republic, that the bill will be passed.

Folks like you should stop desperate arguments that panders only to dishonesty and deceit. It is like arguing the PDP is a great Party by focusing on the few performers they have while ignoring the army of mediocrity and looters who have supplied the general failure that gives the PDP it's world-famous identity. People like you should deal with proven facts and statistics for once instead of your constant effort to embrace sentiments.

Allison-Madueke is simply a disaster and you can't deceive bright and knowledgeable Nigerians to think otherwise. She is the same Minister, under another portfolio, that gave the Oscar-winning performance of vowing while in tears, that a federal road would be repaired ASAP. Nada till she left that position. She is simply another of the recycled garbage marauding the Nigerian leadership stratosphere. Let us stop the lies and call a spade a spade. Many of GEJ's Ministers are charlatans and opportunists who have failed. Allison-Madueke has supervised nothing but fraud and corruption in the sector (such as highest fraudulent subsidy payments) never seen before. Laughable you now want to make her a champion of the Petroleum industry bill she has nothing to do with. Get real guy.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/nov/1/604.html

PIB:What we really want - ERA
Written by China Williams
Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB), no doubt, can be described as one that has elicited the most attention in the Nigerian legislative history. All sectors of the Nigerian society had had one thing or the other to align or contend with in the bill. This is not surprising, being a bill to regulate the entire activities in the country's petroleum resources sector-a sector that accounts for over 85 per cent of its gross earnings, with the attendant dependence on it for the sustenance of the economy.

The bill had undergone several reviews and amendments, having several versions in circulation. Here, it is worthy of note that the original bill was presented in 2008 by the then late President Musa Yar'Adua administration, with Alhaji Rilwan Lukman as the petroleum minister.

Alhaji Lukman has been in the petroleum sector for such a long while that it is considered in some quarters that the PIB was an attempt by him to correct some of the imbalances in the sector, some of which he can equally be held responsible for.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by mmmustapha(m): 11:15am On Oct 01, 2012
I can only support u if u reduce d price of petrol n Garri for our consumption
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by winioluwa: 11:21am On Oct 01, 2012
onye ego:
Are u this shallow minded
Who told u that d president is not working?
D man is working tirelessly to make this country better.
D question now should be; what have u done to better yourself not to talk of Nigeria other than to run ur mouth.
Its good that people like u will leave ur caves sometimes to see what this humble man is doing for his country.
Power,rail,airports,economy,electoral reforms,agriculture e.t.c
D man has touched virtually all
d sectors of d economy and u say he is not working?
For d first time in this country we see highly placed people arrested and charged to court for corruption,ministers resign for conflict of interest.
No president before Goodluck Jonathan has faced the kind of challenges he is currently facing yet the man has been committed to defend the entity of Nigeria as a Nation.
To you he might be clueless,a retardeen,weak e.t.c
But to people like me who will look before we leap.
He is d best president Nigeria has got so far.
my joy is that Goodluck Jonathan is setting a pace for presidents to come, and when he finally leaves office.........
Before you insult GEJ again, just remember that to be Nigeria's president in these times is a task reserved for the gods.

Young Man, can you mention the number of major roads that has been rehabilitated in each zone and what has the President done in the past three years? Basic amenities like water, electricity and the rest are they available? Why did he not fully implement the budget? why are we having fuel scarcity across the country at present? There was an increase on fuel price early rhis year what dividends has come out of this increase. Basic programs should be implement by successfully carrying out tour across the country to see where and how development is growing faster. From reliable source, most Nigeria leaders are richer than the country itself which means corruption is still in existence.

Besides, have you monitored the growth level of this country comparing it to standard of living? In America(USA) the number of people with corrupt minds are limited just because the mindset of the politicians in these areas are classical. i quite agree with you that the power sector has made an improvement but what improvement have we made in terms of transportation(Rialway system not optimally working, Airport facilities not up to standard). Kindly mention to me the high and mighty people who mis-manage fund during their stay in office still work confidently in the country e.g Dimeji Bankole,the Otedola saga and the rest i wil not be able to mention.

Guy make sure you have a good brief before coming out to the public. Also note that the President has in his possesion power to probe the people who has mis-manage the country fund withiut proper accountability done. Are you aware that in Korea Ex- financial minister was jailed for financial mis-management. Lets all pray that God should visit Nigeria and we should learn how to do the right thing no matter what it will cost us.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by anitank(f): 11:25am On Oct 01, 2012
I am part of Nigeria's problems, WE ALL ARE!!!!

Take it or leave it!

The sooner we stop pointing accusing fingers and start doing something to cause a positive change, the better for us all sad
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by jaybee(f): 11:27am On Oct 01, 2012
Lugianostar: Yes of course,all hands must be on desk 2 help move Nigeria 4ward.Let's support Mr.president.

NOT CORRECT. LIES AND DECEPTIONS! I TOTALLY DISAGREE!!

NOT ALL HANDS MUST BE ON DECK.

THERE ARE SOME CROOKED AND LEPROUS HANDS THAT MERE TOUCHING THE DECK WILL WRECK THE SHIP. IN ANY CASE, THE NIGERIAN SHIP IS MANNED BY CROOKS (SCAMMERS AND CABALS) WHO ARE SO MANY THAT GOOD HANDS WILL NEVER GET CLOSE TO THE DECK! HOW BIG IS THE DECK?? IT IS BEING RESTRICTED BY THE CABAL.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by nagoma(m): 11:34am On Oct 01, 2012
Bukkyade: This is a very sincere appeal, cause no president can rule alone of we the citizens don't support him. We all need to join hands together and move this country forward with prayers, Nigeria would be a better place.

Nobody asked him to solve all problems alone. We only asked him to give leadership and he has failed to do that.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by klax(m): 11:38am On Oct 01, 2012
To be honest its untill this is leave Aso Rock then Nigerians will know the damamge we have done to ourselves by refusing to allow this man to work effectively. The opposition who are talking blablabla so far so good what is their fround let them tell us what so far rhey have achieved for Nigeria? What so far they have done for their own people so far? What so far they ahve as individual to impart others life individually? But they ar the one calling calling someone a name as if they are better off.

Well GEJ you have you are right but keep going one good day Nigeria will be there. But for those ones who want Sharialized Nigeria and those one who want print N5, 000 note and making ATM machines to be vomiting coins like a jacpot machine shall not smell the Aso Rock We have seen their finger print on the wall, all we want is a leader with 21st century ideology and not religion craze president.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by onyeego(m): 11:38am On Oct 01, 2012
winioluwa:

Young Man, can you mention the number of major roads that has been rehabilitated in each zone and what has the President done in the past three years? Basic amenities like water, electricity and the rest are they available? Why did he not fully implement the budget? why are we having fuel scarcity across the country at present? There was an increase on fuel price early rhis year what dividends has come out of this increase. Basic programs should be implement by successfully carrying out tour across the country to see where and how development is growing faster. From reliable source, most Nigeria leaders are richer than the country itself which means corruption is still in existence.

Besides, have you monitored the growth level of this country comparing it to standard of living? In America(USA) the number of people with corrupt minds are limited just because the mindset of the politicians in these areas are classical. i quite agree with you that the power sector has made an improvement but what improvement have we made in terms of transportation(Rialway system not optimally working, Airport facilities not up to standard). Kindly mention to me the high and mighty people who mis-manage fund during their stay in office still work confidently in the country e.g Dimeji Bankole,the Otedola saga and the rest i wil not be able to mention.

Guy make sure you have a good brief before coming out to the public. Also note that the President has in his possesion power to probe the people who has mis-manage the country fund withiut proper accountability done. Are you aware that in Korea Ex- financial minister was jailed for financial mis-management. Lets all pray that God should visit Nigeria and we should learn how to do the right thing no matter what it will cost us.

God bless Nigeria
We are not there yet,but u will agree we are making progress.
In GEJ's tenure, I've seen things that has never happened before:that is what should keep our hopes ALIVE
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by burkutu: 11:39am On Oct 01, 2012
[quote author=Dollarman101]

I don't know what personal problems you have with Diezani that you cannot

this should be moved to the jokes forum
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Jaywon242(m): 11:52am On Oct 01, 2012
I have to admit that the president is doing well in some areas and also in some,doing very badly. In road construction,power supply....for instance, the lagos-ore-benin road has been very bad for years but has not really been looked into.Obasanjo awarded the contract then to Tony Anenih,but he embezzled the money. There are a few things I dont like abt him,however. Sometimes,he behaves as if he is senseless.I remember some months ago,he was in church in Aso rock,and there was bomb explosions in kaduna that killed lots of pple.He was on the alter and said,I just heard that there were bombings in kaduna and that many pple were dead.Imagine he was saying this and smiling. I was pissed off. How can scores of pple be dead and u re smiling abt it on national television,as a president. And some other things like dat. Though he's trying o but he can sometimes act like a retarded person. Imagine he said protests against fuel price increase was sponsored. What kind of foolish statement is dat? It means he is so much detached from the reality of hardship Nigerians are facing.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Gbawe: 11:59am On Oct 01, 2012
nagoma:

God Bless you . Voice of reason . You have said it all.

My brother, this forum continues to bear out my argument that no region is really Nigeria's problem in totality and no region can be her saviour in isolation either. We are better served seeking the best hands, wherever they are from, to provide solutions. This is the tale of humanity we don't wish to accept in Nigeria because we want to remain divided and conquered.

All I see, now that a so-called minority President is in charge, erstwhile touted as the "only thing to save Nigeria", is a desperate dishonesty of some folks, linked to GEJ by ethnicity, to embrace the lies and deceit they said was the domain of the North and the South-West.

To back up up the redundant and stupid fraud that GEJ and his Ministers are working, we now have the lie on this thread that Allison-Madueke is the PIB and the PIB is Allison-Madueke. We even saw on this forum how one of the biggest liars here (Beaf) claimed that the amnesty program was GEJ's idea entirely because he simply wanted to disenfranchise the effort of "aboki", i.e Yar Adua, many like to write off as "capable of doing no good" .

The PIB was delivered under Rilwan Lukman and the amnesty program was credited to Yar Adua. Two pivotally positive developments seen under those many Southerners claim are the problem of Nigeria. I wonder when we will learn to stop being hateful and sectional to the extent we totally fail to see what matters. Already, many are taking about how the North, SW et al must not gain the Presidency in 2015 when issues should simply be about seeking a man/woman with a history of integrity and service delivery as a leader.

The problem is that Nigerians invests themselves too much in ruminating about ethnic superiority and the notion that ethnicity must play a part in solutions provisions. Anyone with experience of the most multi-cultural societies in the world today will know that this is immediately redundant and a retrogressive model designed to fail. Nigeria we hail thee.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by dvee2: 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
ok for the benefit of those who dont know, the PIB was a brain child of Rilwanu Lukman. Even Dienzen Allison Madueke cannot dispute that. they made some adjustment to the original bill however the whole concept was done and prepeared by Rilwanu Lukman.FACT- Give ceaser what belongs to ceaser.No plagiarism. grin
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Dollarman101: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
Gbawe:

Even the reality on ground show that the most respected names in GEJ's cabinet were deployed for 'window dressing' and not sincere solutions-provision. You mention Okonjo-Iweala. In my opinion she is now jaded and ineffective. She talked about drastic reduction of recurrent expenditure while out of Government yet she limply produced a 1% per year reduction target, till 2015, when she joined Government !!!!

Also, you and others forget Okonjo-Iweala was drafted in as the "saviour" yet she was keen to walk away , after only months in the job, to accept the world bank job while GEJ was nonchalant about losing a so-called performer he had ostensibly pinned all hopes on !!! There is no need embracing sentiments and emotions to the extent we can't see what is obvious. If Okonjo-Iweala and GEJ were indeed totally devoted to the project of saving Nigeria, as a core commitment, then everyone involved would have told the World bank where to shove it because Nigeria has embarked on a serious project that is far more important.

Also interesting is the Nnaji situation. Whatever you think, is he now not gone?

As for Allison-Madueke, she is a crook in my book. Too many stupendous scams happened under her watch including some she was directly linked to. In serious nations, her position would not be tenable today. It is as simple as that. It is also laughable you link PIB victory to her. That single action shows dishonesty on your path. She has nothing to do with the PIB. Indeed, all that can be remembered is her failure to see the PIB passed after she vowed, before the end of the last republic, that the bill will be passed.

Folks like you should stop dishonest and desperate arguments that panders to dishonesty. It is like arguing the PDP is a great Party by focusing on the few performers they have while ignoring the army of mediocrity and looters who have supplied the general failure that gives the PDP it's identity. People like you should deal with proven facts and statistics for once instead of your constant effort to embrace sentiments.

Allison-Madueke is simply a disaster and you can't deceive bright and knowledgeable Nigerians to think otherwise. She is the same Minister, under another portfolio, that gave the Oscar-winning performance of vowing while in tears, that a federal road would be repaired ASAP. Nada till she left that position. She is simply another of the recycled garbage marauding the Nigerian leadership stratosphere. Let us stop the lies and call a spade a spade. Many of GEJ's Ministers are charlatans and opportunists who have failed. Allison-Madueke has supervised nothing but fraud and corruption in the sector (such as highest fraudulent subsidy payments) never seen before. Laughable you now want to make her a champion of the Petroleum industry bill she has nothing to do with. Get real guy.

The phobia you nurse for objectivity is grossly underestimated. Earlier on you accused GEJ of not engaging competent hands for the job. I mentioned names and challenged you to come up with better names that have served in such capacities prebiously but you would have none of that. This argument that NOI was engaged for window dressing is as lame as it is laughable.

Was it window dressing that she sought to withdraw subsidy pursuant to her convictions on the benefits of deregulation? Is it window dressing that she led a TASKFORCE that sanitized our ports and reduced the number of law enforcement agents hindering business at the ports? Is it window dressing that through this sanitisation, customs has overshot by over 20% it's revenue projection for 2012? Is it window dressing that she uncovered the pensions scam? Is it window dressing that she reduced recurrent expenditure in the budget to 12%?

Is it window dressing that she set up AIG committee to probe subsidy regime for the first time in this country? Is it window dressing that she is recovering stolen oil loot from marketers to the tune of over 400 billion? Is it window dressing that she is insisting on proper verification of subsidy claims before payment thereby incurring the wrath of oil marketers/ trader companies? Is it window dressing that she has cut down on borrowing to fund 2013 budget? Is it window dressing that she has set up Soverign Wealth fund and inaugurated its board for investment of our excess oil revenue? Is it window dressing that that she has pushed our foreign reserves to 44 billion dollars?

I know you hate this government but you must not let this hatred becloud your sense of reasoning.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Dollarman101: 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
Gbawe:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked What a big lie !!! Why do you guys do this? Are you this desperate to promote this Government as a performing one to the extent you must lie and attempt very dishonest and fraudulent revisions of recent history? Allison-Madueke had nothing to do with the conception of the PIB. Fact !!!!!

Folks like you should stop desperate arguments that panders only to dishonesty and deceit. It is like arguing the PDP is a great Party by focusing on the few performers they have while ignoring the army of mediocrity and looters who have supplied the general failure that gives the PDP it's world-famous identity. People like you should deal with proven facts and statistics for once instead of your constant effort to embrace sentiments.

ALLISON MADEUKE
It would have made much sense if you could link Diezani to any indictment by either the Farouk led house probe or the AIG led committee. All you did was to repeat the worn out lines that subsidy loot increased under her watch. Assuming without conceding that it is true, does that make her directly liable for the crime? As a leader, a corruption scandal could occur under your watch but your ability to expose it and move after the fraudsters makes the difference.

Since she came into office, Diezani has demonstrated a strong resolve to fight the oil cabal which has fed fat on oil loot. Most of the revelations on the massive corruption are as a result of the present Minister's determination to reform the system. Other ministers before her were silent on the activities of the cabal. Nigerians were kept in the dark about NNPC, PPPRA and oil subsidy funds. Subsidy funds were drawn on a first line charge basis. No budgetary appriopration. So anything goes.

Diezani came in and acknowledged the rot in the system and decided to close this window of corruption called subsidy regime but the cabal fought back thru NLC.
When that reform initiative was frustrated, Diezani went back to appriopriate subsidy payments in the budget. Today, every informed Nigeria knows 888 billion was budgeted for subsidy in 2012.
That notwithstanding, she engaged KPMG to audit the sector. KPMG brought out a damning report and the minister acted fast by sacking top management staff of NNPC and PPPRA.
As a follow up, FG set up AIG Imoukehde committee to probe subsidy. That report is out and presently being implemented by recovering looted funds and refusing to pay further claims to those so indicted. On the criminal aspect, EFCC is prosecuting those indicted gradually. They started with the untouchables which are the likes of TUKUR and Ahmadu Ali's.

On PIB, you tried in vain to strip her of credit due to her. It is not in doubt that PIB was not started by her. But what was the fate and content of the old PIB's?
This woman assembled a team of experts who packaged a comprehensive new PIB which has been hailed by all as revolutionary in the oil sector.
The provisions are novel and groundbreaking and are presently at NASS awaiting passage.
If passed, it will unbundle that corruption cow called NNPC into 5 or 6 companies.
It will also empower the Niger Delta people through ownership of operating oil companies in the region.
It will scrap the internal subsidy scam called PEF.
it holds a lot of prospects. DIEZANI is simply the best.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Gbawe: 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
Dollarman101:

The phobia you nurse for objectivity is grossly underestimated. Earlier on you accused GEJ of not engaging competent hands for the job. I mentioned names and challenged you to come up with better names that have served in such capacities prebiously but you would have none of that. This argument that NOI was engaged for window dressing is as lame as it is laughable.

Was it window dressing that she sought to withdraw subsidy pursuant to her convictions on the benefits of deregulation? Is it window dressing that she led a TASKFORCE that sanitized our ports and reduced the number of law enforcement agents hindering business at the ports? Is it window dressing that through this sanitisation, customs has overshot by over 20% it's revenue projection for 2012? Is it window dressing that she uncovered the pensions scam? Is it window dressing that she reduced recurrent expenditure in the budget to 12%?

Is it window dressing that she set up AIG committee to probe subsidy regime for the first time in this country? Is it window dressing that she is recovering stolen oil loot from marketers to the tune of over 400 billion? Is it window dressing that she is insisting on proper verification of subsidy claims before payment thereby incurring the wrath of oil marketers/ trader companies? Is it window dressing that she has cut down on borrowing to fund 2013 budget? Is it window dressing that she has set up Soverign Wealth fund and inaugurated its board for investment of our excess oil revenue? Is it window dressing that that she has pushed our foreign reserves to 44 billion dollars?

I know you hate this government but you must not let this hatred becloud your sense of reasoning.

ALLISON MADUEKE
It would have made much sense if you could link Diezani to any indictment by either the Farouk led house probe or the AIG led committee. All you did was to repeat the worn out lines that subsidy loot increased under her watch. Assuming without conceding that it is true, does that make her directly liable for the crime? As a leader, a corruption scandal could occur under your watch but your ability to expose it and move after the fraudsters makes the difference.

Since she came into office, Diezani has demonstrated a strong resolve to fight the oil cabal which has fed fat on oil loot. Most of the revelations on the massive corruption are as a result of the present Minister's determination to reform the system. Other ministers before her were silent on the activities of the cabal. Nigerians were kept in the dark about NNPC, PPPRA and oil subsidy funds. Subsidy funds were drawn on a first line charge basis. No budgetary appriopration. So anything goes.

Diezani came in and acknowledged the rot in the system and decided to close this window of corruption called subsidy regime but the cabal fought back thru NLC.
When that reform initiative was frustrated, Diezani went back to appriopriate subsidy payments in the budget. Today, every informed Nigeria knows 888 billion was budgeted for subsidy in 2012.
That notwithstanding, she engaged KPMG to audit the sector. KPMG brought out a damning report and the minister acted fast by sacking top management staff of NNPC and PPPRA.
As a follow up, FG set up AIG Imoukehde committee to probe subsidy. That report is out and presently being implemented by recovering looted funds and refusing to pay further claims to those so indicted. On the criminal aspect, EFCC is prosecuting those indicted gradually. They started with the untouchables which are the likes of TUKUR and Ahmadu Ali's.

On PIB, you tried in vain to strip her of credit due to her. It is not in doubt that PIB was not started by her. But what was the fate and content of the old PIB's?
This woman assembled a team of experts who packaged a comprehensive new PIB which has been hailed by all as revolutionary in the oil sector.
The provisions are novel and groundbreaking and are presently at NASS awaiting passage.
If passed, it will unbundle that corruption cow called NNPC into 5 or 6 companies.
It will also empower the Niger Delta people through ownership of operating oil companies in the region.
It will scrap the internal subsidy scam called PEF.
it holds a lot of prospects. DIEZANI is simply the best.

Dude, whatever you say is discredited by how you dubiously ignored everyone else to crown Allison-Madueke with PIB glory. That is very dishonest and desperate. The GEJ Government has perfected the art of deceiving gullible Nigerians that they are part of the solution while their real actions show , without doubt, they are a very big part of the problem. Allison-Madueke is one of those, along with the likes of Adoke-Bello, most indicative of that concept. You may wish to distance her from the hideous rot seen in the sector under her and GEJ but sensible Nigerians will appreciate you are clutching at straws. For example, it is only the NNPC and the FG that can issue marketers licence.

When those licences are issued to scammers , glaringly lacking the capacity and history to operate in the sector, who do you suggest we blame and hold as negligent/incompetent/corrupt over the monumental fuel subsidy scam that was the highest in Nigerian history under GEJ? Is the correlation not obvious to you?
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by blackmale(m): 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2012
this odechukwu mum again,,, commot for there if you cant solve our problem!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment / FG Saves N500b From Looters / Lagos Commends LSPWC On Zero Tolerance For Potholes Implementation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.