Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. (5456 Views)

My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by vedaxcool(m): 10:48am On Oct 01, 2012
Like logicboy's equivalent, you would notice that the Pink Unicorn argument can be used in unraveling atheism.

A man wakes up one day to meet a Pink unicorn (professionally done by logicboy grin) standing in front of his house, well the following are some of the first thoughts that strikes the man's thought who happens to be an atheist:

1) He is likely to believe that some made the unicorn and place in front of his house rather than assume the Unicorn evolved or magically appeared.

Now the two contending positions are:

1) Someone did make the Unicorn (professionally done by logicboy)

2) The Unicorn appeared by itself without any maker.

Second scenario
To compound the matter though logicboy the maker stood by the unicorn when the man involved woke up, the man asked logicboy who placed it there? Logicboy tries to play a fast one the man and then say, the unicorn appeared out of thin air and hence drew the his attention to it. Well the man says this hogwash, I don't believe you, someone must have made it and move it here. Logicboy but as an atheist you are no stranger to believe that something could come from nothing? So why argue to the contrary? Well it does just make sense, The man insisted.

Comments
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
Nice one ! Its unfortunate that logicboy in his usual style will beat around the bush with this one. Say for example he might say that atheists don't believe that something comes from nothing.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by thehomer: 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
vedaxcool: Like logicboy's equivalent, you would notice that the Pink Unicorn argument can be used in unraveling atheism.

A man wakes up one day to meet a Pink unicorn (professionally done by logicboy grin) standing in front of his house, well the following are some of the first thoughts that strikes the man's thought who happens to be an atheist:

1) He is likely to believe that some made the unicorn and place in front of his house rather than assume the Unicorn evolved or magically appeared.

Second scenario
To compound the matter though logicboy the maker stood by the unicorn when the man involved woke up, the man asked logicboy who placed it there? Logicboy tries to play a fast one the man and then say, the unicorn appeared out of thin air and hence drew the his attention to it. Well the man says this hogwash, I don't believe you, someone must have made it and move it here. Logicboy but as an atheist you are no stranger to believe that something could come from nothing? So why argue to the contrary? Well it does just make sense, The man insisted.

Comments

In your argument, what is this pink unicorn supposed to represent?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 7:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
thehomer:

In your argument, what is this pink unicorn supposed to represent?

Did you ask this question when logicboy posted his own pink unicorn argument. If you didn't_which is very likely_ I must say you are partial in your inquests.

1 Like

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by wiegraf: 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
The IPU is popular, if you do not understand the concept you could always google it, and @macs variation was well explained. This is unintelligible nonsense, provided with little context

vedaxcool: Like logicboy's equivalent, you would notice that the Pink Unicorn argument can be used in unraveling atheism.

Proffesionally done? wtf does that mean? Do you mean created? Or do you mean a horse made to look like a unicorn?
Some made? Someone or something made, is that what you mean?
And why in the world should he dismiss evolution, or genetic mutations (though not likely, as too much of a radical change)?

vedaxcool:

For no 1 you mean to say the unicorn is a hoax? Ok assumption, but could have found worse ways to present this?
For 2, appeared without a maker You do realize that in this universe, there are some physical laws that cannot be disobeyed?
And what the hell happened to evolution?

vedaxcool:
Second scenario

Comments

Hence drew what clusterf*** of an attention?
That's as far as I can go. The rest is just...
In essence, WTF are you trying to say?

Note, atheists do not contend to know what first cause is. Most of us just contend that NOBODY KNOWS. For you to make some silly assumptions, that could be used either ways, are illogical, unverifiable etc, and claim them to be some sort of truths borders on lunacy.

1 Like

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by jayriginal: 8:59am On Oct 02, 2012
wiegraf:

Note, atheists do not contend to know what first cause is. Most of us just contend that NOBODY KNOWS. For you to make some silly assumptions, that could be used either ways, are illogical, unverifiable etc, and claim them to be some sort of truths borders on lunacy.

!!!
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by Kay17: 9:39am On Oct 02, 2012
And I'm sick and tired of theists (traditional ones esp.) of assuming an atheist necessarily believes that out of Nothing, the world springs out! Its annoying.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 10:02am On Oct 02, 2012

Second scenario

Comments

You remind me of the capitalist muslims in America! They say that capitalism and the west are immoral but they can not get enough of the freedom of religion they are getting....they can not get enough capitalist products like 50inch TVs......they can not get enough of hollywood movies.....and so they are left with a never ending internal struggle.

Vedaxcool likes my posts. He keeps attacking me but deep down, he respects my intelligence. He can get enough of my anit-religious/islamic posts. He loves particpating in the argument.

Call me the athiest boss cool
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 10:04am On Oct 02, 2012

Second scenario

Comments

LMAO.....who believes that something came from nothing? Is that the atheist's position?

This is loaded with epic fail.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2012
Kay 17: And I'm sick and tired of theists (traditional ones esp.) of assuming an atheist necessarily believes that out of Nothing, the world springs out! Its annoying.

And I'm sick and tired of atheists as yourself pretending that their position doesn't require them to believe that either the universe sprang out of nothing or it always existed. Saying that they don't know is a cheap cop-out to prevent investigation into this all important matter of where the universe came from.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by wiegraf: 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

And I'm sick and tired of atheists as yourself pretending that their position doesn't require them to believe that either the universe sprang out of nothing or it always existed. Saying that they don't know is a cheap cop-out to prevent investigation into this all important matter of where the universe came from.

And making up stuff is a better, more honest approach?
Why make such a stoopid comment, who's preventing who? The one who wants to go about doing the science or the one who claims to already have the answers so we shouldn't bother? Meanwhile presenting sky tyrant and his gang of imaginary friends...

2 Likes

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by wiegraf: 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2012
Double post
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by thehomer: 7:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Did you ask this question when logicboy posted his own pink unicorn argument. If you didn't_which is very likely_ I must say you are partial in your inquests.

I didn't ask it there because it clearly represented the Christian God if one is talking to Christians. Here, what is it supposed to represent? Or are you just a praise singer?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
thehomer:

I didn't ask it there because it clearly represented the Christian God if one is talking to Christians. Here, what is it supposed to represent? Or are you just a praise singer?

I think its also clear that here the Pink Unicorn doesn't represent anything. It is simply being used to make a point a la logicboy.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by thehomer: 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I think its also clear that here the Pink Unicorn doesn't represent anything. It is simply being used to make a point a la logicboy.

Are you seriously saying that you're using something "the pink unicorn" to represent nothing? In what way can this analogy be relevant?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2012
wiegraf:

And making up stuff is a better, more honest approach?
Why make such a stoopid comment, who's preventing who? The one who wants to go about doing the science or the one who claims to already have the answers so we shouldn't bother? Meanwhile presenting sky tyrant and his gang of imaginary friends...

This post is silly. Just as you've proven yourself to be multiple times. I make a valid point about atheists position. You brag about it being stupid. How can you do science when you yourself said nobody knows ? I will let your comment on the 'sky tyrant' pass . . . for now.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

This post is silly. Just as you've proven yourself to be multiple times. I make a valid point about atheists position. You brag about it being stupid. How can you do science when you yourself said nobody knows ? I will let your comment on the 'sky tyrant' pass . . . for now.

Uyi Retardia,

Nobody knows what is beyond the big bang. Not even scientists. However, you christians claim to know (Yaweh) which is a lie.

There is no atheist position on the beginning of the universe. Atheism is only about the exustence of God and the lack of evidence for it.

The sooner you realise that using the "nothing from nothing" argument is a strawman, the better for you. Furthermore, yu are the one that believes in something from nothing. Tell me, does your god have a beginning? What? He came from nothing? shocked
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 8:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Uyi Retardia,

Nobody knows what is beyond the big bang. Not even scientists. However, you christians claim to know (Yaweh) which is a lie.

There is no atheist position on the beginning of the universe. Atheism is only about the exustence of God and the lack of evidence for it.

The sooner you realise that using the "nothing from nothing" argument is a strawman, the better for you. Furthermore, yu are the one that believes in something from nothing. Tell me, does your god have a beginning? What? He came from nothing? shocked

MacDunce01 There are 2 major atheist positions on the beginning of the universe. One is that it has no beginning (i.e it is eternal). The second is that the universe came from nothing. Saying you don't know is intellectually sloppy since it is one's duty to know. That's what science is all about - knowledge. With what has being said your claim of the nothing from nothing argument being a strawman falls flat. BTW, God is believed to be eternal. The concept of time is meaningless to anything that is eternal.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by wiegraf: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Valid point?

You eediot you do science when you do not know, that's the whole point.
I didn't brag about it being stoopid, I said it was stoopid, that's a fact.

Now you just trollin'
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

MacDunce01 There are 2 major atheist positions on the beginning of the universe. One is that it has no beginning (i.e it is eternal). The second is that the universe came from nothing. Saying you don't know is intellectually sloppy since it is one's duty to know. That's what science is all about - knowledge. With what has being said your claim of the nothing from nothing argument being a strawman falls flat. BTW, God is believed to be eternal. The concept of time is meaningless to anything that is eternal.

There are no atheist positions on the beginning of the universe. Are you a retardeen or something? You are using a strawman atheist position.

Eternal is an infinite. Infinity does not exist.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by CrazyMan(m): 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
MacDaddy01: There are no atheist positions on the beginning of the universe. Are you a retardeen or something? You are using a strawman atheist position.
Permit me to use the skeptic theory to define your response. Mr Anony was right after all.

An irrational skeptic will continue to deny even when he no longer has any reason to. His argument is usually in the form of:

When X has been proven to not be absurd, his argument becomes...

MacDaddy01: Eternal is an infinite. Infinity does not exist.
"I find X absurd therefore it is absurd."

You didn't even bother to ask questions about the theory presented by uyi iredia, instead, you set your mind to deny it from the onset...irrational skepticism

2 Likes

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 1:37am On Oct 03, 2012
CrazyMan:
Permit me to use the skeptic theory to define your response. Mr Anony was right after all.

An irrational skeptic will continue to deny even when he no longer has any reason to. His argument is usually in the form of:

You didn't even bother to ask questions about the theory presented by uyi iredia, instead, you set your mind to deny it from the onset...irrational skepticism

Wow, you people are real sheep!

Someone throws a strawman and I am the irrational skeptic?

This is what religion is at most times; the blind leading the blind. Keep following Anony's failed ad hominem towards atheists.

The irony of it all is that a christian can not be a rational skeptic. Guess Anony did not tell you that one. Faith and skepticism are quite opposites
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 1:40am On Oct 03, 2012
CrazyMan:

Btw. Infinity does not exist and therefore, eternity does not exist. Ignoramus.

Go back to logic and reasoning 101.

If X does not exist, a subset of X can not exist.

X= infinity. Subset of X=eternity.

foolish sheep.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by Kay17: 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

The only thing an atheist has to do is simply disagree with the theist on the fundamental subject of discussion: God. An alternate cosmological model is a further point at disagreement.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by Kay17: 12:33pm On Oct 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

"I don't know" is valid enough.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by vedaxcool(m): 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
up till now they all have failed to even address the pink Unicorn, the funny thing is wiegraf claimed atheist known nothing,since you know nothing i think shutting your wide mouth when people with their own ideas who believe these ideas are valid speaks will show you can maintain minimum levels of decorum.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
vedaxcool: up till now they all have failed to even address the pink Unicorn, the funny thing is wiegraf claimed atheist known nothing,since you know nothing i think shutting your wide mouth when people with their own ideas who believe these ideas are valid speaks will show you can maintain minimum levels of decorum.

Failed to address what? Retardeen!

What have we failed to address mr Vedaxcool with he retar.ded deen?

The basis of science is "i dont know". When we dont know, we observe, we learn but we dont freaking lie!! angry angry angry

Why do theists lie that they know what came before the big bang (god)?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by vedaxcool(m): 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
^^^^

So you don't know there is God? since you don't know there is God how would you deny he exist?
Mr. I don't know anything?

well this is the price of letting morons close to a computer grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
vedaxcool: ^^^^

So you don't know there is God? since you don't know there is God how would you deny he exist?
Mr. I don't know anything?

well this is the price of letting morons close to a computer grin grin grin grin grin grin

There is no evidence for God and therefore no reason to believe in him. You dont believe in flying monkeys? Why? Mo evidence!

Show me evidence for god- atheists ask!
However, dumbazzes believe in something that has failed to be proven for about 2000 years now
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by DeepSight(m): 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
MacDaddy01:

There is no evidence for God and therefore no reason to believe in him. You dont believe in flying monkeys? Why? Mo evidence!

Show me evidence for god- atheists ask!
However, dumbazzes believe in something that has failed to be proven for about 2000 years now

Dumbazzes believe that entire universes emerge from nothingness.

1 Like

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
Deep Sight:

Dumbazzes believe that entire universes emerge from nothingness.

Fortunately, that is not the atheist position. wink
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. by vedaxcool(m): 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2012
^^^^^

MacDaddy01:

Failed to address what? Retardeen!

What have we failed to address mr Vedaxcool with he retar.ded deen?

The basis of science is "i dont know". When we dont know, we observe, we learn but we dont freaking lie!! angry angry angry

Why do theists lie that they know what came before the big bang (god)?

the compound fool said I don't know is the basis of what he follows (he definitely is a disgrace to the community of scientist), yet we don't know what evidence he looked at to conclude that God does not exist having actually know nothing. The compound fool again believes in evolution yet till date it has never been demonstrated in real time for him to observe, the compound fool of compound proportions is still deceiving himself that in his fooleric dreams he has somehow address the issues raised in the thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Theophilus Sunday Biography: Age & Wife / A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. / What Colour Is God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.