Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister (6908 Views)

Rio 2016 Olympics: Okagbare Not Banned — AFN / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by rallymento(m): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
I cant stop laughing wt tears rolling down my cheeks! That money is too much o! I tot we are having a global economic crisis? Nawa for these people
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by matrixme(m): 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2012
I guess it won't be hard for him to call such an amount, since he doesn't sweat it all out to gather it together. It is always...there.
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by ifeomabernard(f): 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2012
Hotdiamond: another excuse to sTeAl our precious money
lollllll grin grin
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by question(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
How much did the Nigerian GOLD-winning para-Olympians spend in preparing for the London Olympics?.
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
five billion for estacode,two billion for foreign trainers,zilch for athletes,source for the money urselves and stop being parasites

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by Goldieluks: 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
Nigeria, always spending money unnecessarily. What on earth do they need 7 billion for?
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by vanstanzy(m): 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2012
“Government alone cannot carry the burden; the corporate sector has to weigh in. The private organisations will not come in because they are nice people; they’ll only come in if we presented it as a business proposal, and they see it as a worthwhile investment otherwise we’re not going to make any impact. I believe all those issues can be tackled in no time,” he added.

Bolaji Abdulahi is a day-dreamer, yes tell him i said so. Who on earth is going to invest in a "fools errand"? Last olympic Nigeria had nothing to show for the multi-billions that was spent. Yet he has the audacity to open up that FOUL-MOUTH of his to ask for more billions to sink. The annoying thing is that this is tax-payers money that is going down the drain. angry angry angry
Before ever this huge sum is released for this purpose, Bolaji Abdulahi and the present board should be SACKED and a serious minded board set-up. Our sports can't go on like this. Its sickening. angry
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by vanstanzy(m): 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2012
Mr. Globe:
some people are just plain stup1d. go check how much other nations budget for olympics. After the same folks complaining will say no medal was won. y'all think olympics is a childs play. you should be worried about corruption that will hijack the money

Guy, the main argument here is that despite the huge finance Nigeria spent in the last olympics, Nigeria won "NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH!" not even a wooden medal to compensate her. Yet the sports ministry is asking for more funds and, even praying corporate organisations to waste their funds.
U are right in one thing though, corruption and clueless leaders will hijack the money as usual. This is tax-payers money o.
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guys, lets be objective here. The Honourable Minister asked that Corporate Organisations should weigh in with their own contribution, meaning therefore that he does not expect the Government to bear the burden alone..and before we rush to criticise,why not come up with a better plan instead of shooting down someone else's idea
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by specialguest(f): 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
Alright we have heard...
fellow Nigerians, the sports minister just said he needs 7 billion naira to complete the purchase of his private jet.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by KokoBeware: 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
To be fair theat money is actually small....[img][/img]

Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by Pamperme: 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2012
May thunder fire his mouth. Useless thief...
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by billante(m): 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
Nairaland is just a place for kids dat have access to internet to be insulting their fathers!

Can't you moorons be sensible for once?....abeg when adults that have sensible analysis to do on dis topic come on board make una beep me.
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by stolenstone: 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
N2 billion will equip all the federal hospitals in the country with state-of-the-art CT scan machines for easier diagnosis of disease entities instead of flying themselves abroad for medical check ups, but are they talking or even thinking for doing that?? No! Rather they're ear-marking N7billion for athletes that will come back with nothing but shame. God help us all in this country. Weep not child
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by gunuvi(m): 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2012
Let them approve 7m to me and me and my friends will win 7 medals at the next olympic. They should act fast before we change our minds o.
Nonsense!, must we go to the olympic?
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by Slyp: 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
You see all this politicians always take advantage of our weaknesses. They want to use the fact dat we re nt gud in sportin activities to enrich themselves again. They ve always bn using our bad roads, education, healthcare etc as opportunity to steal. If 7bn is wot it will cost us to get just 5 medals pls we don't need it. By the time we host the Olympic how much will they spend? trillions abi. Una nor well
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by Ozonna(m): 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
billante: Nairaland is just a place for kids dat have access to internet to be insulting their fathers!

Can't you moorons be sensible for once?....abeg when adults that have sensible analysis to do on dis topic come on board make una beep me.

Gbachi ha nkiti!!! This budgeted amount is small compared to what other countries budget for Olympic.

We should put pressure on the Sports Minister to resuscitate National Sports Lottery and use the proceeds to fund our sports and making sure that our government remove their hands from managing sports.

People please in developed countries that we so much love to compare ourselves with, atleast 20% of their working population are engaged in sports and sports related business. So please lets stop saying that investing 7billion naira is a waste of money (assuming our politicians behave. Sports business is a multi trillion $ business.
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by ujem(m): 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2012
Mr Globe honestly are you for real

Mr. Globe:
some people are just plain stup1d. go check how much other nations budget for olympics. After the same folks complaining will say no medal was won. y'all think olympics is a childs play. you should be worried about corruption that will hijack the money
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by philipstanley(m): 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2012
7 wat? 7billion!? Ha
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by seyola(m): 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2012
Mr. Globe:
I think u are d stupid one here.If nt u wont be soporting 7bilion naira for olympics preparation as if dat is our priority now.Idiot
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by donem: 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
browncool: When I saw the figure, I had thought they were going to host the Olympic in Nigeria. God bless our leaders for leading us astray

Likewise myself
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by playmode(m): 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
N7Billion = $44,486,889.90

Only under Jonathan's Government.
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by kelvostika(m): 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2012
Pls, I want to ask a question, Are we going to be fined, if we don't participate in d olympic, My kindly advice is dat, dey shouldn't go, just share d money for nigerians. Becus I think dat is another way to syphon money.
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by SailorXY: 7:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
errm... How can i apply as his personal assistant? grin . But i think a fraction of that sum can be approved for male basketball & female football only. The rest can go home, we have regressed in d track events so bad ¡its alarming!
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by Lillyeean(f): 8:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
kevoh: If N7billion is for training athletes, how much are they going to demand if Nigeria manages to win a bid for hosting the Olympic games?

The answer to your question; am thinking they will ask the president to mortgage Naija or maybe sell the country for that to happen
God Help us....
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by Lillyeean(f): 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ozonna:

Gbachi ha nkiti!!! This budgeted amount is small compared to what other countries budget for Olympic.

We should put pressure on the Sports Minister to resuscitate National Sports Lottery and use the proceeds to fund our sports and making sure that our government remove their hands from managing sports.

People please in developed countries that we so much love to compare ourselves with, atleast 20% of their working population are engaged in sports and sports related business. So please lets stop saying that investing 7billion naira is a waste of money (assuming our politicians behave. Sports business is a multi trillion $ business.

No one is saying its waste of money, we all know its going 2 b 'chopped' to d last #7 b4 it gets to whr it shld be used, when we hv credible leaders we can gv them bigtime support, till then its nunsense demand.... Tell dat 2 ur friend u quoted...OK
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by pwettytemmy(f): 9:08pm On Oct 01, 2012
Mr. Globe:
u think they re stupid? Of cos other countries can budget trillions bt I think nigeria has much more pressing issues at hand dan letting 7bn goes to some corrupted leaders n d Olympics training wit no medal. Other countries budgeted even more bt they aren't as backward n corrupt as Nigeria n dey c d value of their money by winning medals.
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by Tolaaaaannni(f): 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2012
The olympics should be the last thing on their mind right now. 7 billion naira for some medals! medals that aren't even

guranteed. The last time I checked Nigeria was still a third world country and has not solved all its problems yet.
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by seyibrown(f): 11:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
browncool: When I saw the figure, I had thought they were going to host the Olympic in Nigeria. God bless our leaders for leading us astray

Me sef! grin grin
Re: Nigeria Needs N7bn For 2016 Olympics — Sports Minister by vichofu(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2012
Na we wan host d Olympics ?
Dis country ministers no go kill us wit laff, dem don turn d full country to joke finish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wrestlemania XXVIII: The Undertaker Vs. Triple H - "End Of An Era" (20:0) / U17 African Championship Final. Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria 0 - 1 / Senegal Vs Algeria: AFCON 2015 (0 - 2) On 27th January 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.