Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

I Am Beautiful - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Beautiful (1996 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Beautiful by slimyem: 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
I can't provide the link to this piece because i saved it long ago from a certain Ejire's column on the defunct Next newspaper online site.
To all the beautiful women on here..
Enjoy!!
I am a beautiful woman... in every way. Now, I know this for a fact but I haven’t always been certain of it. Suddenly, I am aware of my rare beauty and brave enough to profess it. I realized that I had switched lanes a few years ago when a friend asked me what I would like to change about myself if I was given the opportunity to have free plastic surgery. In response, I said “nothing”.
He persisted, asking me to be honest in my response, but I still maintained that I didn’t want to change anything about my body / physical features and I meant it with my whole being.
I truly feel that I don’t want to get rid of anything neither do I want to add on anything because “I would miss it too much”. Every so called flaw is mine... that’s what makes me.
A good place
Before I got to the place I find myself now - this place of complete self confidence and satisfaction - I was of the view that I had to be a certain person, in a certain way, a certain size, to be beautiful and accepted. I wanted to be thin, without blemish or spots... either I was Halle Berry or I ceased to exist! I do realize now that I was being disrespectful to the me that God created. I found it convenient to blame my then mindset on society. “Society” in this context refers to chics on the red carpet, the runway, Hollywood - all that I saw on TV and the pages of magazines and well, the guys...
I was under the impression that I had to be a certain way since this was demanded of me, or so I thought. Now I think otherwise - truly, we get better with age. I realize now that for me to feel beautiful, to be comfortable in my own skin, I have to first know and appreciate myself. I have come to appreciate my strong and seemingly weak features and have learnt to make the very best of both.
The Barbie Doll
Since I want to look my best at all times (don’t we all?), I usually envisage myself as The Barbie Doll and I play dress-up every morning, which makes things easy for me (I love clothes). But then, playing dress-up doesn’t fix “everything” so I came up with my own beauty regimen. Now, instead of using so-called society as my yardstick, I use myself as the yardstick.
I have come to realize that I look better a certain way, a certain size, with painted nails and possibly longer hair and I work towards achieving all of this for me because I know that I’m worth it. Without subjecting myself to pressure, I know that I can be better... I can be even more beautiful. You see, I had it in me all the while; now, I just learnt to own it!
The regimen
To achieve a complete state of beauty, I religiously follow my beauty regimen which entails the following:
Running on the treadmill every morning since I discovered that exercising keeps me in shape.
I also take long walks at the weekends. I resolved to keep at exercising since I want to continue to fit into my UK Size 10 clothes forever and ever (so help me God).
I eat healthy and I try to eat all solids before 7pm since this prevents me from gaining unnecessary weight. I also eat fruits and vegetables in larger quantities than anything else.
Bathing every day (it’s safe to presume that everyone does this). I also brush my teeth at least twice a day that’s why they are “so fresh and so clean”! Since I broke out in pimples last year (you see, the gods were after me), I have made it a priority to get a facial frequently. I also wash my face as often as possible, which opens up my pores and keeps the pimples away.
I have very sensitive skin therefore I use beauty products that suit my skin type even if they cost me an arm and half a leg.
Although I don’t use a lot of make-up, I wear my smile most of the time and something tells me that it works (most of the time)!
I consult hairdressers who treat my hair like every strand is made of gold. I get a pedicure done monthly and I paint my toe nails with colours that suit me (I don’t care much for manicures - I believe that God does this for me since my finger nails are so beautiful!) I have adopted my healthy lifestyle / beauty regimen to enhance my beauty.
Bright and Beautiful
Each time I look into my mirror, I see a very beautiful woman just like you! Yes, we are all beautiful regardless of our individual shapes or form. As you know it, variety is the spice of life (and there can only be one Ms. Berry!)
Every woman (single or married) should have a beauty regimen, which is well suited for her and within her means. More importantly, we must practice our individual routines with the right attitude and knowing that we deserve it. I religiously go through mine bearing in mind that should I gain weight uncontrollably, or lose my hair, or continue to break out in pimples, I will remain beautiful simply because I am me. It’s innate - nothing can change that - not even you!

3 Likes

Re: I Am Beautiful by ayobase(m): 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
''.....not even you'' ?
Re: I Am Beautiful by ayobase(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
For my Mother&only Sister!
I am handsome also.....Im hanging around for ur game in THERE!
Re: I Am Beautiful by FRANKLINTON(m): 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
What's the purpose of this epistle?
Re: I Am Beautiful by blabber15(f): 10:57pm On Oct 01, 2012
This is really cool. Young women need to understand this. They are incredibly conscious of society's dictates and often resort to harmful means to fit the mold of ''acceptable and beautiful women''. We all need to learn to accept and appreciate ourselves no matter what other people think.
Re: I Am Beautiful by onila(f): 10:58pm On Oct 01, 2012
boring!

1 Like

Re: I Am Beautiful by omotola1(m): 11:58pm On Oct 01, 2012
onila: boring!
Re: I Am Beautiful by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 02, 2012
[size=30pt] [/size]
Re: I Am Beautiful by greedie1(f): 12:23am On Oct 02, 2012
Lovely
Re: I Am Beautiful by 190: 12:36am On Oct 02, 2012
onila: boring!

ROTFL

I laff in iroko

even ostrich now sing grin grin grin

Re: I Am Beautiful by 190: 12:37am On Oct 02, 2012
Re: I Am Beautiful by Fourcade(m): 2:57am On Oct 02, 2012
In summary,
...Every woman (single or married) should have a beauty regimen, which is well suited for her and within her means....

^^The only part that made sense,the rest na wash! undecided
Re: I Am Beautiful by slimyem: 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
FRANKLINTON: What's the purpose of this epistle?
it was intended for beautiful women...not you!!
Re: I Am Beautiful by KINGwax(m): 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2012
My bet is, i think slimyem's met someone on nairaland and they're at the verge of meeting each other. It's apparently a necessity for her to quickly divulge her appearance. It's a sure bet, as ugly as she is, her only form of defence will be,
'i love myself. Shey u didn't get to read my post abt beauty on nairaland ni? I may be ugly, but i love myself'.
It's not funny, no wonder she's alwys bitter over love issues!
Na small small una go show face. Onila don fucck, everybody knws he's a guy. Hehehehe. Slimyem is ugly. Who else wanna rant?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Beautiful by 190: 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
KINGwax: My bet is, i think slimyem's met someone on nairaland and they're at the verge of meeting each other. It's apparently a necessity for her to quickly divulge her appearance. It's a sure bet, as ugly as she is, her only form of defence will be,
'i love myself. Shey u didn't get to read my post abt beauty on nairaland ni? I may be ugly, but i love myself'.
Na small small una go show face. Onila don fucck, everybody knws he's a guy. Hehehehe. Slimyem is ugly. Who else wanna rant?

Hahahahahahhaahhaahhaaa!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

SEEMS reality don hit am grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Beautiful by tellwsdom: 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2012
This slim thin girl don dey smoke some tin fr backyard dis days sad sad
Re: I Am Beautiful by slimyem: 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
KINGwax: My bet is, i think slimyem's met someone on nairaland and they're at the verge of meeting each other. It's apparently a necessity for her to quickly divulge her appearance. It's a sure bet, as ugly as she is, her only form of defence will be,
very funny and a big FAIL!!!
Try again when you reload!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Beautiful by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2012
ABEG wey water.i wan clean my yansh sad

1 Like

Re: I Am Beautiful by 190: 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2012
lefulefu: ABEG wey water.i wan clean my yansh sad

[size=28pt]HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Am Beautiful by 190: 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2012
tellwsdom: This slim thin girl don dey smoke some tin fr backyard dis days sad sad

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beautiful by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
190:

grin grin grin

C'mon dude that enough already. Quit the cheer-leading thing can't u see she have tried avoiding you.

(1) (Reply)

For ADAOBI My Runner Up Love / What Is The Best Network To Use In A Long Distance Relationship? / Six Questions To Ask Your Spouse That Will Spice Up The Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.