Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

What Does This Phrase Mean? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Does This Phrase Mean? (1182 Views)

Who Started This Phrase "End Time"? / "It's The Work Of The Devil".Is this Phrase abused? / Does This Phrase Reflect The Present Realities On Ground In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does This Phrase Mean? by pendo89(f): 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
"Our Woman Colleague, has she put to bed"??

I need to give an appropriate answer.
Re: What Does This Phrase Mean? by LordReed(m): 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
Sounds like someone whose english grammar teacher didn't do a thorough job. Anyways the answer should be affirmative if she has or negative if she has not.
Re: What Does This Phrase Mean? by pendo89(f): 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2012
Lord_Reed: Sounds like someone whose english grammar teacher didn't do a thorough job. Anyways the answer should be affirmative if she has or negative if she has not.

A nigerian said this to a group of work mates and they all stared at him blank.No one understood what he meant.
My friend threw the question back at me cz I told her I love reading Nigerian stuff.

Does it mean to die? give birth or have sex??
Re: What Does This Phrase Mean? by LordReed(m): 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2012
"Put to bed" refers to giving birth. Sorry what country are you in?
Re: What Does This Phrase Mean? by pendo89(f): 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2012
Kenya.
LOL is that so? Can you Imagine guys asked him in unison 'Put what to bed?? grin
Plus using the word 'woman colleague'sounds very odd.A kenyan would ask has so and so delivered yet? (Mention name cz 'woman' sounds a bit rude/mean).

Thank you so much. smiley
Re: What Does This Phrase Mean? by LordReed(m): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2012
LoL I can imagine.

I didn't know you where in Kenya. So how many of your friends and colleagues are as intrigued as you are with Nairaland?
Re: What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 02, 2012
It means to give birth.
Re: What Does This Phrase Mean? by pendo89(f): 10:15am On Oct 03, 2012
Lord_Reed: LoL I can imagine.

I didn't know you where in Kenya. So how many of your friends and colleagues are as intrigued as you are with Nairaland?

They do not know Nairaland.Many have no idea of what it is, plus they wouldn't bother even if I told them.I love forums more than Fb or twitter.

What I get here is straight from source plus the good discussions, make one sift the good from bad.

Thanks 2buff
Re: What Does This Phrase Mean? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2012
Lord_Reed: Sounds like someone whose english grammar teacher didn't do a thorough job. Anyways the answer should be affirmative if she has or negative if she has not.
grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does This Phrase Mean? by DICKtator: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2012
pendo89: Kenya.
LOL is that so? Can you Imagine guys asked him in unison 'Put what to bed?? grin
Plus using the word 'woman colleague'sounds very odd.A kenyan would ask has so and so delivered yet? (Mention name cz 'woman' sounds a bit rude/mean).

Thank you so much. smiley

Nigerians also ask " has so and so delivered?"
What the Nigerian used was an euphenism. It is nothing out of the ordinary!!
grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Before Bikes Could Be Banned / What Will Yo Do If This Man Slap Your Wife/girlfriend / Conjoined Twins Who Share Same BOYFRIEND Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.