Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate (10679 Views)

The History Behind The Name Akwa Ibom: / Geles: A Nigerian Woman's Must Have. The History Behind Geles / What Is The History Behind The Gorgeous [edo] Bini's Hair Beads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by somalia5: 2:37am On Oct 02, 2012
By Barry Malone

NAIROBI (Reuters) - Five hundred years ago, an Imam who ruled much of what is now Somalia, led a daring invasion of Christian Ethiopia, looting monasteries, burning down churches and slaying all who resisted.

Centuries on, memories of Imam Ahmad Gragn still haunt both countries, and echoes of that long and bloody history still ripple across the Horn of Africa region which considers Somalia the greatest threat to its stability.

Back then, the Ethiopians were beleaguered as the invaders occupied some two-thirds of the country. Help eventually came in the form of 400 Portuguese musketeers, who sailed into Massawa port and embarked on a six-day march to the front.

Gragn had his backers too. Reinforcements from Arabia soon rolled in alongside a gift from the Ottoman Empire: 900 of its famously hardened musket experts. The war lasted over a decade.

Fast forward to the present day, and with Ethiopian troops deploying over the border again last month to fight Islamist rebels linked to al Qaeda, the latest chapter of a book with few uplifting passages was written.

Though present-day incursions and clashes are driven by strategic motivations and regional politicking against the backdrop of the global war on terror, those centuries-old grudges, raids and musket-battles still shape events.

"In Ethiopia, the damage which Gragn did has never been forgotten," Ethiopia expert, Paul Henze, wrote in a book on the country's history, Layers of Time.

"Every Christian highlander still hears tales of Gragn in his childhood. I have often had villagers in northern Ethiopia point out sites of towns, forts, churches and monasteries destroyed by Gragn as if these catastrophes had occurred only yesterday."

Though Gragn's ethnicity is disputed by historians, Ethiopians know his army was overwhelmingly manned by ethnic Somalis, and that stings.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by somalia5: 8:36am On Oct 05, 2012
Why you negroids are sending african union soldiers who have aids to help ethiopia tame somalia. i will never understand. cool

but let the guriella warfare begin i say.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 12:38am On Oct 08, 2012
In the late 1970s, Ethiopia and Somalia fought over Ethiopia's barren Ogaden region. Why, who the f*ck knows or cares. In any case, both nations were Commie-ruled at that time, but the Soviet Bloc put their money on Ethiopia. This was probably one of the saddest wars in history. To really understand what a war between Ethiopia and Somalia was like, picture two homeless niggers engaging in a drunken fistfight over a two-day-old piece of fried chicken. In the end, the Somalis got pwned by the Ethiopians. Or rather, by the Ethiopians' Soviet and Cuban-supplied weapons. Funny how the Ethiopians and Somalis both had money for guns and tanks, but no money for food. Hmmmm.

culled from chimpout.com
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by somalia5: 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
the important thing is we were never slaves and we dont look like monkies
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 10:14pm On Oct 08, 2012
somalia5: the important thing is we were never slaves and we dont look like monkies

oh rly? okay from this picture, lets pay an arab game of spot the abeed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/840954_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by somalia5: 10:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
^^^^ she is the hottest

why are u upset. somalia is part of the arab league. we play in the arab games
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 10:59pm On Oct 08, 2012
grin, i never asked for the hottest but good thing u could spot the abeed.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by somalia5: 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
ezotik: grin, i never asked for the hottest but good thing u could spot the abeed.

u think non arab means slave

slave has connatation and history.

that word doesnt apply to me, as i was never enslaved
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 11:06pm On Oct 08, 2012
somalia5:

u think non arab means slave

slave has connatation and history.

that word doesnt apply to me, as i was never enslaved

ur history has slavery written all over, thats why the arabs who enslaved u call u abeed.

go tell them to stopping calling u abeed before u tell me u are not a slave.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by somalia5: 11:54pm On Oct 08, 2012
lol u fool. somalis were never slaves but it was us who owned bantu slaves.

arabs sold us black slaves. i speak arabic that word has a connation.

somalis are not considered black by anyone. we are refered to as somali and not black

learn ur history ur slayin urself

arabs ran to somalia to fleee persecution. thats how islam came to somalia
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 12:05am On Oct 09, 2012
somalia5: lol u fool. somalis were never slaves but it was us who owned bantu slaves.

arabs sold us black slaves. i speak arabic that word has a connation.

somalis are not considered black by anyone. we are refered to as somali and not black

learn ur history ur slayin urself

abeed go tell that to them arabs while milking their camels.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by somalia5: 12:10am On Oct 09, 2012
ezotik:

ezotik:

ezotik:

what a sad comeback

words have history and meanin behind them.

its like me callin u a pirate. that would have no meanin

but if u called me a pirate that would have some weight

the word abeee means slave. Look at history and u will see it was u negroids who were slaves to whites,arabs, somalis etc

now abeeed go learn history smiley
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 12:12am On Oct 09, 2012
somalia5:

oh, so they ran to somalia and u started worshipping their prophet mohammed? what were u camel milking abeeds worshipping before the arabs overran ur country?
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 12:15am On Oct 09, 2012
somalia5:

what a sad comeback

words have history and meanin behind them.

its like me callin u a pirate. that would have no meanin

but if u called me a pirate that would have some weight

the word abeee means slave. Look at history and u will see it was u negroids who were slaves to whites,arabs, somalis etc

now abeeed go learn history smiley

the word abeed has no meaning in my vocab. so u learn ur history coz u were the abeed to the arabs.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 12:38am On Oct 09, 2012
somalia5:

this one was funny. grin

didn't u read what i culled from chimpout.com? hey, a dumbed down, diluted arab-caucasian wannabe like u should visit that site and mingle with the real caucasians so that u will learn what they consider u. but here is a hint... niggers.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by somalia5: 1:14am On Oct 09, 2012
do u thing i care. My people refer to non horn africans in africa as black

we refer to the horn africa as cushitics which are an intermediarry between whites and blacks.

You must kno that niggggers is what whites called u when they owned u. again this has no point of refrence for me.

But as a slave i can see u call urself whatever ur white masters called u. and thus i kno why niggggger has some meanin to u since ur part of the world was the slave force for whites
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 1:29am On Oct 09, 2012
somalia5: do u thing i care. My people refer to non horn africans in africa as black

we refer to the horn africa as cushitics which are an intermediarry between whites and blacks.

You must kno that niggggers is what whites called u when they owned u. again this has no point of refrence for me.

But as a slave i can see u call urself whatever ur white masters called u. and thus i kno why niggggger has some meanin to u since ur part of the world was the slave force for whites

and thats the same reason abeed has meaning to u, because u were the slaves of the arabs who overran ur country. years later u became slaves of the europeans who overran both u and the arabs who overran u, thats why nigger also has meaning to u. f*ck, even the ethiopians overran u. damn, ur pucci must be so sour by now because u have been overran by so many people who gave u cute pet names, u hopeless wh0re.

the arabs call u abeed
the europeans call u niggers
what do the ethiopians call u?
btw, i call u ovien ...fyi
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 1:33am On Oct 09, 2012
ezotik:

oh, so they ran to somalia and u started worshipping their prophet mohammed? what were u camel milking abeeds worshipping before the arabs overran ur country?

btw, why did u dodge the bold? grin
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 09, 2012
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/somalia/T0R0N1MI45EHR5E4E

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/somalia/T85A2BNBQRGH8BJOO/p5

^lol@me finding Ayanle on Topics ...look at the second link

Somali

Westerville, OH

^Thas you Fam?. grin

This weirdo got a LiL Online Crew lol(which is probably himself and 98 other alt accounts like he does on Nairaland)... grin

He seems to have some weird Beef going on with the user Black American Prince.

Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 09, 2012
Westerville, once known as "The Dry Capital of the World",[4] is a city in Franklin and Delaware counties in the U.S. state of Ohio. It is a northeastern suburb of Columbus. The population was 36,120 at the 2010 census.

grin
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by somalia5: 2:01am On Oct 09, 2012
u should learn history. u must be one of those afri centrics whose obsessed with somalis and discovered that we hate u negroids.

If u knew history u would kno that 95 percent of somalia is somali. we have one religion, one language, one culture. u would also kno we are the only african country named after an ethnicity. we along with ethiopia are the only country in africa to have our native language as the national language.

u should also know that their are less than 30,000 arabs in somalia.

and that no one overan our country, its the opposite no one has ever defeated us on battle. we kicked ethiopia, usa, u.n out of our country. we were also the first to use canoons in africa, also we controlled half of ethiopia, and still our people live in half the land that is ethiopia.

we are also homogenous and older than any other ethnic group.

everythiny u said is true about u negroids, self projection at its height
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 09, 2012
Somalis were never on par to Arabs. Do i have to post picture images of your destitute nation vs Gorgeous Wealthy areas of the Middle East/Asia?

http://www.blackpast.org/?q=gah/mogadishu-somalia-ca-950

Founded by the Arabs in the 10th century, Mogadishu became the capital and chief port of Somalia. Initially after their arrival, families of Arab and Persian descent ruled Somalia and fueled the widespread conversion to Islam. By the thirteenth century, Mogadishu became prosperous by trading gold, livestock, slaves, leather, and ivory.

^Stop disrespecting Arabs.....lol you were/are second class citizens and confused SubNegroid Species...confused And Lost worshipping their God because they Conquered your Land.

Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 09, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOjqL_Vkggk

They children live in wealth.....

While your children are Starving...

Stop putting yourself in the same sentence with the Al Mighty Arabs who owned you Till This Very Day.

What God do you Pray to Fool?!...

How did he get in your Mind? lol ..Who put him There? wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOdaCpkEqWE

Arabs Living Like This..While ya People.. Living Like....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm_H0XSXVYw
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 2:10am On Oct 09, 2012
somalia5: u should learn history. u must be one of those afri centrics whose obsessed with somalis and discovered that we hate u negroids.

If u knew history u would kno that 95 percent of somalia is somali. we have one religion, one language, one culture. u would also kno we are the only african country named after an ethnicity. we along with ethiopia are the only country in africa to have our native language as the national language.

u should also know that their are less than 30,000 arabs in somalia.

and that no one overan our country, its the opposite no one has ever defeated us on battle. we kicked ethiopia, usa, u.n out of our country. we were also the first to use canoons in africa, also we controlled half of ethiopia, and still our people live in half the land that is ethiopia.

we are also homogenous and older than any other ethnic group.

everythiny u said is true about u negroids, self projection at its height

grin grin blah blah blah nigggord, answer the simple question and promote true somali culture and tradition for once instead promoting the one given to u by the arabs who overran u. what were u camel milking abeeds worshipping before u started bowing down to ur arab masters at least three times a day?
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 2:17am On Oct 09, 2012
and while at it, lets play another game and this is a european one. from this picture, spot the negro.

Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by Nobody: 2:17am On Oct 09, 2012
They purchasing Football Clubs and your people can't even purchase Food.

They Robbed your people and your Land.

Mentally Enslaved you for Centuries

Stole your Wealth and used your Ports and Location to conduct Trade mwuahahahaahahahah

A SubArab Slave

That's all you and your People Are.

Mwuahahahahahaha

Im in a Sinister Mood Today.

Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by somalia5: 2:24am On Oct 09, 2012
well obviously u guys are losers who have nothing better to do.

You do realize that yemen is poor, and only several arab countries have oil

as for somalis it doesnt matter what we worshipped. Islam was not forced on us. And as long as ur disrespecting my religion this convo is over

peace
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by Nobody: 2:27am On Oct 09, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8aL-3kjirE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBCOF0ZiNFg&feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABGUHYJgQig

Arabs>Somalis all Day....

How can the world respect you when you have been Mentally enslaved suffering from cerebral castration every moment you take your forehead and plant it to the dusty filthy floor you walk on and Pray to Allah!

Lmfao Confused Fool.

Save your "Arabs are our brothers" garbage for someone less Knowledgeable...Arabs Used you. and Left your Nation in a Pot of Pisss

While they have Immortal Wealth solely from building trade relations while using "YOUR" land...Mwuahahahahaahh

You want to see pictures of Slaves?....Ight here you Go. Look Below.

Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by Nobody: 2:29am On Oct 09, 2012
somalia5: well obviously u guys are losers who have nothing better to do.

You do realize that yemen is poor, and only several arab countries have oil

as for somalis it doesnt matter what we worshipped. Islam was not forced on us. And as long as ur disrespecting my religion this convo is over

peace

Hhahahahhahahahahahahaah ROYAL GOT AYANLE MAD!!!!!!!! LET ME SCREEN CAP THIS!!!!!

ONLY ROYAL CAN DO THIS TO NAIRALAND'S NUMBER ONE TROLL AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I hit a soft spot!!

[size=20pt]
somalia5: as for somalis it doesnt matter what we worshipped. Islam was not forced on us. And as long as ur disrespecting my religion this convo is over

peace
[/size]

[size=20pt]{{{{{~ cool ~}}}}}[/size]
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by ezotik: 2:33am On Oct 09, 2012
somalia5:

as for somalis it doesnt matter what we worshipped. Islam was not forced on us

groid, that is the reason u will forever remain an abeed to the arabs and in the words of good ol' harriet tubman, lord bless her soul:

i freed a thousand abeed. i could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were abeed.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 09, 2012
"yo Royal Stop Talking about My Religion"....~~~Ayanle the Day Royal clowned him out his Own Thread.

It is not "your" religion you SubArab Brainwashed Semi-Cooon....It's the arab man's Religion...You just Bow Down to Him/It. wink

....Oh You Mad?

....Oh Well..

....lol

#ArabPawnSlayer

#RoyalIsImmortal

#IslaughterEverybody
Re: Ethiopia Vs Somalia----the History Behind The Hate by Nobody: 2:34am On Oct 09, 2012
Back to the Yankee Game...Im Out cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is So Special About D Gizzard Of The Chicken In Igbo Land. / The Norm Is Not Always Normal / Is The Igbo Language Dying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.