Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75286 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2008
urfriend:

hi sology,what decorder are u using at home (strong or the hitv branded decorder)?.

@urfriend

I posted like two or three pages back and asked you specifically if those of us with Strong decoders need to do any upgrade in other to get instant activation and you said that Strong does not need any upgrade.

By the way, I was given the Strong decoder when I went to get hitv august of last year.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2008
hi sology,pls if u are in lagos,bring the decorder to hitv office with your smartcard.so that the technical guy can check it.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by okomogo(m): 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2008
HITV has tried in the area of activation cos i was activated in less than an hour after paytment,i think the trick is making sure u write ur S/card number boldly,and it should be inside ur decoder when paying.
@URFRIEND,pls tell ur people we are getting tyred of waiting for action,we want it now.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by whimsical(m): 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2008
@Urfriend.

What plans do you have for us in the east as regards the magazine? U guys should try make it available @ GTB so we can pick it up when paying for subscription. Abeg.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:07am On Oct 09, 2008
hi whimsical,pls check on your dealer in abia state or ph by friend hopefully they may get it.remember not all can get it.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bodiaye: 8:26am On Oct 09, 2008
Hitv!!! Hiwahala!!!
When will the reality show start?
Coming soon? I guess
Discovery, Kidsco, Setanta, et al etc, coming soon?
Which levels
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 9:48am On Oct 09, 2008
okomogo:

HITV has tried in the area of activation because i was activated in less than an hour after paytment,i think the trick is making sure u write ur S/card number boldly,and it should be inside ur decoder when paying.
@URFRIEND,please tell ur people we are getting tyred of waiting for action,we want it now.

@okomogo

We write the smart card number very boldly and clearly. It was the first thing urfriend made us to understand.

And of course, the smartcard is always in the decoder while paying. Besides they at DSTV or the rest of them never tell you you must leave the smartcard in your decoder while paying with them. They just activate u for crying out loud.

Besides, what about NEPA, even if your smartcard is in the decoder at the time of paying, what is the guarantee that there will be light at that time.

Let HITV just behave like every other person and stop bringing stress to subscribers.

Why is it always stories and excuses and such like with HITV?

Just get this things to work, period.

If you watched Daarsat launch, you could see how Dopkesi stressed the point of subscriber management software that they already deployed .
This tells me that they have heard and learnt that its an issue with HITV so they want to leverage on that as well.

On another note, this weekend will really expose how boring Hitv can be with no premiership going on and they dont have the qualifiers to show either.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2008
this is weird.

so NIGERIA couldn't take off on OCT1 sad

It's really NIGERIAN indeed
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2008
@ MUSTAY

and nobody BOTHERED to tell us any damn thing Truly NIGERIAN INDEED grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2008
My apologies NIGERIA sad

i shouldn't be complaining. Please knock me on ma head.'

Afterall, Intern 2 hasn't started (airing) since June cheesy grin grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by djcrucifix(m): 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2008
eeyah!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by adewoyin: 9:56am On Oct 10, 2008
watch out 4 new programmes soon on my hitv,big, bang,let urfriend jist u more,i hope we are getting der sooon,hitv correct tv
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by adewoyin: 10:23am On Oct 10, 2008
pls urfriend kindly indicate ur phone number on my email adress adewoyincoker@yahoo.com.i wish to av a word with u.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 10, 2008
@adewoyin

oga oo!. Na wa for you oo grin. This your thang with Hitv is really paying your bills ooh! grin.

Now, it seems you are now an official mouth piece, can we get any insider info from  you?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by cheavroi(m): 10:28am On Oct 10, 2008
As for Moi,i have stopped paying for Hitv due to their rather poor and old movies.The only current thing on it is the sky News.I will keep saving my money until i can get the dstv than giving myself headaches on activation and descrambling issues now and then
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by okomogo(m): 11:22am On Oct 10, 2008
@ urfriend
Are you really reporting all this complains to the managment of HITV,cos they seem not to be serious about everything.We all love HITV thats why we tell you guys our problem and also sugest possible solutions.
Please do some thing about the following problems
1. Picture Quality on all your HI channels
2. Stop movie repeatation and show some thing eally good for once
3. Discovery channell is taking enternity to come,add goo chanells
4. Informing us of every development nagative or positive.
5. Instant activation for all even those with strong decoder
6. EPG and Subtitling
These are what you guys are supposed to have done but u havent,why HITV

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by okomogo(m): 11:42am On Oct 10, 2008
Our vision is to be the preferred highway of delivering the very best of Information and Entertainment Channels into every home in Nigeria.

To achieve this, we will deploy technologically advanced digital broadcasting systems, acquire and build highly rated world class channels, employ and develop a highly proficient pool of Human capital and adopt strategies that will deliver excellent corpoarte performance, exciting quality and sustained subscriber satisfaction.

Imaging someone with this kind of dream,come dey 4 cup. na wa o

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2008
hi okomogo,as to all u listed here are ur answers:-
1.the picture quality on the hi channels is currently been worked out by hitv and eutelsat.
2.talks are on with top hollywood movie studios.also talks are on for a top class premium movie channel.
3.discovery world,kidsco will come up on or before next week.setanta will come may come up by first week of november due to technical reasons.
4.as for informing you guys on latest developments on hitv,well i will try my very best.also check the hitv site for updates too (www.hitv.com.ng).
5.magnaquest are on it has i write you now,we should know that it will not start at once.they will also work on many many means of paying subscriptions.
6.the epg and substitling are currently on and working,but there are issues with the time on 11900 H 27500 freq. which is been worked on.those with the 2.07 software can till see the substitling and epg,but it's till under testing.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2008
@ilugunboy

adewoyin na noise maker,na contract him want.all him staccato na bobo yarns,d way and manner he writes shows he's not to b taken serious. wink

@ urfriend

WE ARE WATCHING DIS SPACE grin cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 3:27pm On Oct 10, 2008
@ urfriend
on ur point two abt talks being on with top movie channel,afta talks with them it wud then take 1 yr to upload this channels.we all knw the number of channels u guys have in d waiting room(kidsco,sentata,animemax e.t.c)
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 3:33pm On Oct 10, 2008
@NIYI 09

Y cnt u just watch dis freakin space Now u v scattered d setings and d channel will only get uploaded when ur last child graduates from a yet to b established university.NA WA FOR NAIJA PPLE.u cnt just b p'patient' for once,HABA embarassed
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 7:29pm On Oct 10, 2008
Its so frustrating hearing the same things over and over again.

Thats it.

From Next week, Its either I get that DSTV smart card someone is offering at 5k or get the Discom.

This HITV people cant be serious.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 12:08am On Oct 11, 2008
@maskuraid
patience,i guess u dnt undastand wat soon means in hitv's dictionary.dont u knw d time they have been promising us sentata,kidsco e.t.c,we r tired of waiting.the already signed ones are not yet added talkless of d ones they r just having talks with.a movie channel on hitv looks feasible in 2010 or rather maybe its vision 2020
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:28am On Oct 11, 2008
hi niyi09,if you can recall i wrote that animax will come up next year.and for the top movie channel you must know that u just don't pick up channels like that.there are lay down processes which both parties must follow.we shall see if by next week discovery world and kidsco don't come next week.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:33am On Oct 11, 2008
hi sology,it's a free world.if you feel discomm will offer you good channels then visit their office,then please visit their office next week.
i repeat my self again and again discovery world and kidsco will come next week.while setanta will come up by first or second week of november.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by twinstaiye(m): 12:56am On Oct 11, 2008
urfriend
I must state it here clearly that since Wednesday, My wife has refused to change the channel on HITV. Now She has something to smile about your Hitv. Guess which channel she stayed put? AMULUDUN. Am also hooked too, am watching a movie right now. Keep the good work. I know that, others subscribers favourite channels will come soon too. Dont relent your effort. grin grin grin grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by whimsical(m): 6:57am On Oct 11, 2008
@Urfriend

urfriend:

discovery world,kidsco will come up on or before next week.setanta will come may come up by first week of november due to technical reasons.
hi niyi09,if you can recall i wrote that animax will come up next year.and for the top movie channel you must know that u just don't pick up channels like that.there are lay down processes which both parties must follow.we shall see if by next week discovery world and kidsco don't come next week.

I told you guys I have started counting down the dayz for another coming soon episode of Hitv. Them done dey use styl dey post setanta go November oooo. The next thing wey them go post go November go be Discovery, then Kidsco, after which every other thing go be Next year,

What happened to Nigeria (Nigerian Big Brother abi na father). No one talks about that again.

Na wa ooooo. Hitv, I still dey count down 31,30,29,28,27,26,25,24,23,23,21 dayz going, going,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2008
NIGEZIE, HI NOLLY GEAR UP TO SHINE AT HOTBIRD TV AWARDS 2008

Like a goldfish without a hiding place, the exploits and achievements of Nigeria’s premier satellite pay TV provider HITV in broadcasting have continued to generate attention and accolades from stakeholders in the broadcasting industry; both locally and internationally, the latest being the nomination of two of its channels: Nigezie and hinolly for the 2008 Hot Bird TV Awards in the Cinema and Lifestyle categories.

Since 1996, the Hot Bird TV Awards ceremony has been an internationally recognised forum for the recognition of innovation, creativity and thematic input in satellite TV channels across the globe.

This year’s nominees were selected by an international jury of journalists and media experts who considered a record 131 channels from 17 countries, broadcasting through Eutelsat satellite, of which HITV is one.

Nigezie and hinolly’s nominations in the Lifestyle and Cinema categories could not have come at a more appropriate time than now when HiTV is blazing the trail in the area of creativity, originality and thematic consciousness in its programming content.

There is no gainsaying the fact that these two channels are in the forefront of the promotion of the rich culture, music and lifestyle of the peoples of Nigeria, the continent and Africans in the diaspora.

The very best of Nigeria’s indigenous movies on hinolly are up for showcase and stiff contention from rival channels such as- Propeller TV and Sky Cinema 1 in its bid to claim the award in the Cinema category.

Nigezie on the other hand would battle it out with Alice, Fashion TV and Turkmax for the award in the Lifestyle category.

It is worthy to note that this is the first time a Nigerian or African channel is being nominated for the Hotbird Awards. The two channels nominated; hi nolly and Nigezie are largely Nigerian content channels and also built and packaged by Nigerians on a Nigerian owned platform.

The channels are being launched on the Sky platform in the UK having received Ofcom approvals recently. The channels will also be launched across platforms in Europe and the US in the very near future.

The Hot Bird TV Awards will take place in Venice, Italy on November 14, 2008.

Post Date: 2008-10-07 From: www.hitv.com.ng

@urfriend,why u no tell us b4.we go vote for hitv na grin.i am praying for dem
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by okomogo(m): 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2008
Guys can you imagine after praising HITV for activating me,they have cot me off.
@URFRIEND
please talk to ur people,i paid on 1st and as expected my signals come up that day,i told everybody in this forum that HITV is trying in the area of card activation only for my card to be cut off after 9 days,infact i,m over disappointed.
Please tell them to reactivate my card,my card no. is017101180879
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:44am On Oct 12, 2008
hi okomogo,pls send your request via www.hitv.com.ng. click on customer focus fill the form there.some will work on it by monday,u must remember no went out on saturday in lagos due to the LG election.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:47am On Oct 12, 2008
hi whimsical,i till repeat that discovery and kidsco will come up this week.setanta will come by first or second of november due to technical reasons.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Fuup(m): 12:51am On Oct 12, 2008
urfriend:

hi whimsical,i till repeat that discovery and kidsco will come up this week.setanta will come by first or second of november due to technical reasons.

whats going on with hitv?got a call from my mum today from naija dat she paid on friday and the channels just got scrambled today,
Whats that urfriend?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.