Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,646 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75211 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mortiple(m): 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2008
@urfriend/HITV
I am fed up with your substandard services/operations!

The only thing that is attractive to me on HITV is soccer nay EPL and Spanish La Liga (no more no less)! I consider it very embarrassing that HISOCCER would repeat a particular football match for over 10 times in less than one week. Whatever happened to other matches that were aired on same channel in recent time? Are they restricted from repeat broadcast?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by gboyesh(m): 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2008
grin
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL!!!! BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH!!![sub][/sub]*singing Tupac* ''we've gotta go , we've got ta go oh oh , we've gotta go , we've gotta go oh oh !!!
GOTTA GO!!!
C YA!!! DRY TV!!!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2008
urfriend

You are very funny.

I will also maintain that FSTV never aired MBC network.

O now you know that it wasnt MBC or whatever that made FSTV close down abi?

Read what Maskuraid wrote and glean from that, the real reason why they went down.

They came out without making it clear to people that they didnt have EPL. So you had people subscribing and hoping to watch football.

They lost subscribers due to the disappointments of people who were subtly made to believe that they had a lot of life football to show.

Of course DSTV locked down all the football and thus FSTV didnt have live football neither did it have other interesting content.

That goes to tell you how dangerous it is to promise and fail or to make out to be what you aint.

You are now saying that Daarsat spent too much on equipment, but at least people will know them for that(Equipment that work/superior equipment ).

Hitv is neither known for superior equipment nor quality content(at least for now).

You guys have just found a middle point for yourselves to settle in(That spells mediocrity) .

I was at a friends place over the holidays who has the DSTV compact package.

Honestly, I felt so abused and maltreated when I saw the quality of content and delivery.

I started asking myself if all this craze about football, is worth it.

At 4,300 naira with the compact package, He gets all the news content including CNN, bbc, Mnet series mnet action, hallmark, E, Countless radio/audio stations, Zone Reality, BBC ENTERTAINMENT, Espn, National Geographic, Nageo Wild, Style, africa magic, mtv base, trinity, one gospel and so much more wink .

And he doesnt get the high blood pressure people get when its time to pay and be activated.

I am soo not loving Hitv right now.

For anyone who cares to take a look, here is the link to the DSTV compact: http://www.dstvafrica.com/Dstv/channels.aspx?Bouquet=144&Country=Nigeria&Language=eng
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by whimsical(m): 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2008
Na wa oooo, Apart from the football thing I ain't seen nothing to keep me glued to Hitv just yet. The most annoying thing is the excess repeatation of movies/matches on all Hi channels. Really S**ks. As for the discovery channel and others I guess Hitv mean October 2009 abi na this October?

AS FOR THE SERVICE, ATLEAST UNA BETTER PASS PHCN(NEPA).

Come, this magazine thing na only for people wey dey lag? what about us wey no sabi road to Lag? Make una make plans for us oooo. Even if na to drop am with all GTB branches.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:21am On Oct 04, 2008
well let me tell u guys that kidsco,setanta and discovery world will be added this october,watch this space or hitv site for further details.

@ sology please just ask those who really had fstv they will tell you that they had mbc 2&4,plus aljazeera sports and dubai sports.

i never said hitv don't have money.hurry daarsat will soon launch with over 40 channels,but time shall tell who will last long in the business of DTH.

has for discovery,even gtv is adding theirs this month,and they too have not added their because bith them and hitv are working on both the technical and contract terms which will let both companies to add the channel this month.the october issue of HI MAG has the tv schedule of discovery world.watch this space,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 11:21am On Oct 04, 2008
hitv service is really bad and the complaint here has voiced out d problem thousands of Nigerians using there services have with them.the onlt thing keeping me with hitv is because of ourfriend "urfriend".u r doing a good job urfriend but hitv needs to step up
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2008
hi all,hitv know there are problems and are really working towards making every subscriber very happy.all they need is time.from this month of october we shall start to notice many changes(activation processes,new channels,better services etc).watch this space,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2008
urfriend:

hi all,hitv know there are problems and are really working towards making every subscriber very happy.all they need is time.from this month of october we shall start to notice many changes(activation processes,new channels,better services etc).watch this space,

Ok, we agree that they know there are problems. We know they are trying to make things better but should this take soooo long?

Its taking a freaking long time to sort some little issues out.

Like Maskuraid pointed out, DSTV does not need a year of notice to add channels or make any changes but with Hitv, its almost like the full cycle of a woman conceiving and giving birth(birth pains and all inclusive).
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by seuncyber(m): 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2008
Hitv

Is really bad and really bad of what you guys are doing with we the customer

Daarsat is coming out this with a grear package which i know will send Hitv and Dstv away from the market with over 40 Nice station what do you want

Dstv is called So Much More

Hitv Na Correct Tv

Well Hitv Tv is not all about Football,and not every like Football

you guys should improve before this month end,or else you will be no were to be find

Sony Entertainment Television

This station is wack and they show us old movies like BAD BOYS and Old school movei

Nickelodeon
This cartoon station makes me sick,with the so called old school cartoons.

Hi Kids

This is the useless cartoon in the wolrd and they copy alot,most of there cartoon is NTA cartoon,old school of super man and other cartoon.

Hi Sports

You show use the same game 8times in a week which makes every body sick.

Hi Soccer

You show use the same game 8times in a week which makes every body sick.

Hi Mix

i don't no maybe this station is real with the old and useless flim they show.

You guy should at list give us a good thing,4k is not small money,am paying 4k for 22 station which i don't it worth it,i will rather pay 5k for daarsat for 40 station

Hitv you have ending of this month or else i will use may dish for FTA, and with the 3 station coming soon does not mean noting to me,add 10 good station then i will consider you,and not any how 10 station,you need to ask we the customer the station we need not just add any station that makes us sick.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2008
hi seuncyber,if u feel daarsat is the solution to your problems,what are u waiting for get it,after all it's a free world.u can not please everyone.but i bet you that after watching daarsat for one month u will be the first people to start complaining about their services and channels.you keep talking of 40 channels,40channels of what?.has i always say, time shall tell.watch this space,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by seuncyber(m): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2008
you work with them abi?

40 station go tired me? never never

they have more music,flim,news,sport, etc
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dreday(m): 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2008
Mr urfriend,
I assume your 'job' here is to defend HITV and not run down other companies.
Stick to that.
And maybe instead of expending your energies on false HITV propaganda here,you can stay in the office and try to improve on HITV's services.
HITV is whack,that's no secret.You only make it worse by throwing your inadequacies into our faces.
Get real and grow up.
And that goes for HITV too
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:57am On Oct 05, 2008
hi Seuncyber,well let's wait to see the 40 channels of Daarsat.Then we will be able to fully access them.Note that the Dth business is a long term venture and has you grow you add more channels,new innovations,better services etc.That's were Hitv is getting to,starting from this october.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by kkkossy(m): 9:57am On Oct 05, 2008
@urfriend,for the past 2 days my hitv has bin showing descrambling, ,i cant watch anything,jst bought d package last week.it was showing though but after a week its start showing me that d channels are descrambling. pls,i need ur help, wat do u tink is wrong? Or is it a general problem?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by whimsical(m): 12:22pm On Oct 05, 2008
This October go soon finish. I have started counting down the dates as in expectation for another disappointment from Hitv.

kidsco, Setanta and Discovery abi?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by adewoyin: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2008
hitv proudly nigeria,dis are company dat never contacted expetraite 4 der jobs,all d network were fixed by nigerians like u and me,when daar wanna start up there business all experiate came and sleep in hotels cost daar alot of money,am nt sure if dat leads to huge cost dat wanna pass to subscribers to pay,hw on earth cost 45000,huge,thks,hitv,pls i wish chief should consider middle class ,like hitv does,proudly africa,pls my president kindly give dis man m.o.n 4 giving an opportunity of life time,imagine dstv cost thanks mr toyin shubai,u are my man,pls kindly improve on ur programes we need quick activation dat will solve 60percent problem,if am wrong call my number,08029461`534
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:41am On Oct 06, 2008
hi kkkossy,this info is also for all too,when ever you get a new hitv system,your smart card is pre-load with 3-5days previews after which it goes off.to stop it from going off,please please tell your installer/dealer to make sure he/she summits your subscription form/details to hitv within the 5days preview to ensure your viewing is not cut short.thank you
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by twinstaiye(m): 10:43am On Oct 06, 2008
Yeah I remembered quite very well that FSTV added MBC 2 to their bouquet before they closed down. I remembered I used to enjoy those movies very well. I also remembered that there used to be Dubai Sport and one other Arabic Sport channel that I cant remember but am sure it is not Aljazeera sport. At that time, Free to Air does not get awareness as it is now. I also remembered that my installer used to cheat me by adding more Free to Air to the FSTV bouquet by taking exhorbitant amount of money from me.
I however dont want to go with the argument that FSTV possession of MBC2 led to their closure, but want to believe the assumptions that DSTV may have reported them to MBC owners. DSTV as at that time fear competition and they want the monopoly of Nigeria subscribers which at that time is exclusively for the rich. FSTV revolution at that time however make impact to crash down of DSTV tariff because after FSTV crash out, the acquisition of DSTV was affordable to most Nigerians. I am a subscriber of FSTV, I still use their Dish and I have their Decoder with me, so I know what am talking about
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 10:53am On Oct 06, 2008
@twinstaiye

Was mbc added at inception?

When exactly was it added?

Cause I didnt see mbc when I got FSTV up untill I dumped it
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 11:35am On Oct 06, 2008
For me.d issue is not even dis MBC controversy, let HItv sit up and perform.All dis excuses by ourfriend dnt cut d ice.If we are payin for a service and we r not gettin it,we have d right to complain and even change provider if need b.Take for instance dis wknd,after football,there was really nothin tangible i could watch on hitv.If hitv wants to b a football platform ,ok, but then any reasonable DTH company knws broad spectrum content is d only thing that will sustain customer base.Pay TV is s'possed to give u sthin 2 watch at any point in time.Hitv as at NOW dnt have dt, they'v not even started.If DAARSAT starts with 40 channels,d law of averages say dt at any point in time at least 4 of them will have somtin good 2 watch which works for me cos of the 20 channels hitv has now(i dnt count hi sports 2 as a channel)only live football grabs my attention.Urfriend himself will not throw good money down d drain except he gets his signal f.o.c.Imagine wat will happen 2 Hitv if DAARSAT gets it right??We all want them to succeed cos take it or leave it they were d first to actually break d hold of dstv.Now d mkt is gettin wider/d audience wiser so they gotta step up if they wanna b counted.All d promise/watch dis space will not hold us a second longer when better services beckon.WAS IT ONLY ME DT SAW NTA IBADAN ON NIGEZIE DURING D AIRING OF PROJECT FAME YESTERNITE? angry
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2008
maskuraid:

For me.d issue is not even this MBC controversy, let HItv sit up and perform.All this excuses by ourfriend dnt cut d ice.If we are payin for a service and we r not gettin it,we have d right to complain and even change provider if need b.Take for instance this wknd,after football,there was really nothin tangible i could watch on hitv.If hitv wants to b a football platform ,ok, but then any reasonable DTH company knws broad spectrum content is d only thing that will sustain customer base.Pay TV is s'possed to give u sthin 2 watch at any point in time.Hitv as at NOW dnt have dt, they'v not even started.If DAARSAT starts with 40 channels,d law of averages say dt at any point in time at least 4 of them will have somtin good 2 watch which works for me because of the 20 channels hitv has now(i dnt count hi sports 2 as a channel)only live football grabs my attention.Urfriend himself will not throw good money down d drain except he gets his signal f.o.c.Imagine what will happen 2 Hitv if DAARSAT gets it right??We all want them to succeed because take it or leave it they were d first to actually break d hold of dstv.Now d mkt is gettin wider/d audience wiser so they gotta step up if they want to b counted.All d promise/watch this space will not hold us a second longer when better services beckon.WAS IT ONLY ME DT SAW NTA IBADAN ON NIGEZIE DURING D AIRING OF PROJECT FAME YESTERNITE? angry

You are quite right on the law of averages.
At any point in time, there ought to be something good on at least four of those fourty.

I was also skeptical about Daarsat but I went to the website of some of their proposed channels.
I think I saw someone post in the forum that they have fox life, fox crime, fox entertainment, and even Setanta as part of their offerings and those are very good stations.

http://www.foxtv.it/web/fox/foxlife?mmID=channel

http://www.foxtv.it/web/fox/foxcrime?mmID=channel

http://www.natgeomusic.it/blog/

Though the channels seem to be operating from Europe/Italy .Cant find English version of the sites
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by twinstaiye(m): 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2008
soloqy:

@twinstaiye

Was mbc added at inception?

When exactly was it added?

Cause I didnt see mbc when I got FSTV up untill I dumped it
MBC2 was added at a time when they are getting problem adding channels. As far as i remembered, I think most subscribers were even watching FSTV for free at that period.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2008
I just heard the Daarsat official Launch is Tomorrow.

Any body in abuja here?

Someone to really preview and demo the channels on offer.

So we can know fully the makeup of those channels :-)
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by okomogo(m): 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2008
@urfriend
Please tell HITV to stop repeating movies,haa, why would they repeat one particular film over 3 times in a week. They should also do something about HI SPORTS 2,they should show something reasonable and not hadverts all through.
They can do better than doing all this things.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by donaremu(m): 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2008
Hello all,

I am extremely disappointed with HiTV subscription renewal service. I paid for one month subscription on the 25th of September, 2008 at GT Bank, Adeola Odeku branch. I clearly wrote down my name, mobile number and smart card number but to my greatest surprise, i had no access for more than 9 days. I made several calls to HiTV Customer Care numbers but never got through. Thank God, Last week Saturday (4th October, 2008) I called and I got through and my account was activated.

To HiTV: Please and please improve on your services.

Urfriend: Please stop blowing unnecessary horn. We are tired of failed promises.

I believe the launch of Daarsat will bring more competition. cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 11:54am On Oct 07, 2008
@donaremu,

I keep asking urfriend the question:

Is their purported "instant activation" working for some people and not for others?

People get all manner of hypertensive pressures whenever its time to renew subscription to get activated.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2008
HI okomogo,SOMETHING IS BEEN DONE TO HI SPORTS 2 AND HAS FOR MOVIES HITV IS CURRENTLY IN TALKS WITH TOP MOVIE CONTENT/CHANNEL PROVIDERS WILL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2008
@all

dis is d point at which i yawn,[sub][/sub]while singin bn dis way b4,roll my eyes and start countin jumpin sheep ;DWake me up when u find america!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2008
HI donaremu,SORRY FOR THE STRESS YOU WENT IN GETTING IN TOUCH WITH THE HITV CUSTOMER CARE CENTRE.PLEASE YOU CAN REACH THE CALL CENTRE ON 01-8990335-39(5 LINES),01-899003-4(2 LINES),01-8990905-8(5 LINES).
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2008
hi sology,what decorder are u using at home (strong or the hitv branded decorder)?.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2008
@urfriend, does decoder type make a difference?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2008
hi maskuraid,need to know so has to offer the right solution to sology's activation problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.