Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,984 members, 7,866,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:48 PM

Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions (8664 Views)

Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? / Was Satan By Default An Angel? Prove It If You Think Jesus Never Exist As Angel / If you thinK Jesus Is Not God? Say This Words and See what will happen to you (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by winner01(m): 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

If you really mean it then.

Isaiah 9:6 "... his name will be called wonderful counsellor, MIGHTY GOD, EVERLASTING FATHER...."

Yes, this scripture relates to Jesus ( a child is born) and he is a mighty God "but it did not say Almighty God". Note that difference. Before you say Jesus is the Same as the one Called "The Father" , Note Everything Jesus said about the Father from Matthew to John.

Romans 9:5 "to them belong the Patriach and of their race, according to the flesh, is the christ[b].[/b] God who is over all be blessed for Ever. Amen. "

I don't know your intentions for quoting this scripture, but don't tell me you did not notice the FULL STOP sign between the word "Christ" and "God". That is not a coma, mind you. Q: So what do will use full stop sign for? A: to seperate two sentence/ thoughts/ ideas.

Yes Jesus is a Mighty God but he is not God the Almighty/Jehovah, if you claim to believe in Jesus then also believe him when he said "he has a God he answers to- John 20:17).

Q: How does a God have a God?
IF Jesus has a GOD (Jehovah) what does that say about him?
Where in the bible is the Holy spirit called a god or God or even equated to God?

www.nairaland.com/1939388/man-trinity-god-trinity-created#26990237
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by RikoduoSennin(m): 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
winner01:
www.nairaland.com/1939388/man-trinity-god-trinity-created#26990237

Why do you refer me to your half baked thread. It does not relate to my previous post rather it points to other flaws in your argument.

The RCC did not want the bible to be translated in common languages and widely distributed to common folks because they want to hold people in false teachings. Seeing intelligent people to still falling prey is so sad.

Tell me, Thomas called Jesus God, yes that you believe very easily because it suits you. Good, you claim to be a christian- which means follow of christ not Thomas (Jesus' words have more weight/authority than thomas).

Now Tell me, John 20:17 - Jesus called someone his God (Mind you than is not the only place he mentioned having a God). In what way did Jesus have a God?. What is the name/identity of the one Jesus called his God?. In Thomas' God-Jesus has a God whom he answers to, Who then is the ALMIGHTY GOD (Note: that title cannot be held by two equal beings- reason "ALL"wink.

Your God- Jesus is under someone- My God-Jehovah. So my God is superior to yours.

How many Holy spirit are there? Luke 11:13 " if ye then being evil know how to give good gifts unto your children:how much more shall YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER GIVE the HOLY SPIRIT to them that ask him?"

So if 1 million christians ask the Father for Holy spirit and as a loving Father he gives all of them just like he gave 120 at the penticost 33CE, how many holy spirit are their? Holy many God are there?

There are Gods, but to us there is only one true one, the Almighty.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Your logic, we are made in God's image : Spirit, body and Soul.

I tell you, human can not leave without their spirit/soul seperate from them, but apperently your 3 in 1 God can: yet we made in his image.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by winner01(m): 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Why do you refer me to your half baked thread. It does not relate to my previous post rather it points to other flaws in your argument.

The RCC did not want the bible to be translated in common languages and widely distributed to common folks because they want to hold people in false teachings. Seeing intelligent people to still falling prey is so sad.

Tell me, Thomas called Jesus God, yes that you believe very easily because it suits you. Good, you claim to be a christian- which means follow of christ not Thomas (Jesus' words have more weight/authority than thomas).

Now Tell me, John 20:17 - Jesus called someone his God (Mind you than is not the only place he mentioned having a God). In what way did Jesus have a God?. What is the name/identity of the one Jesus called his God?. In Thomas' God-Jesus has a God whom he answers to, Who then is the ALMIGHTY GOD (Note: that title cannot be held by two equal beings- reason "ALL"wink.

Your God- Jesus is under someone- My God-Jehovah. So my God is superior to yours.

How many Holy spirit are there? Luke 11:13 " if ye then being evil know how to give good gifts unto your children:how much more shall YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER GIVE the HOLY SPIRIT to them that ask him?"

So if 1 million christians ask the Father for Holy spirit and as a loving Father he gives all of them just like he gave 120 at the penticost 33CE, how many holy spirit are their? Holy many God are there?

I tell you, human can not leave without their spirit/soul seperate from them, but apperently your 3 in 1 God can: yet we made in his image.
you seem to know all about your "creator", you might even tell me how He came into existence.....I'm beginning to get confused on your idea of the "creator" and the created.....No matter how much you force it, He created you and there are certain things that will never be overly clear to us until we see our Creator...Until you can explain fully to me His ways, power, omnipresence, infinite nature and how He came into existence amongst others don't preach that you fully know His Form.....However the bible as our guideline has recorded truth and with the help of the holy spirit, we can discover this truth......the form of our creator might sound foolish to you, well so are his ways and even the message of the cross

1cor1:25 Because the
foolishness of God is
wiser than men, and
the weakness of God is
stronger than men.
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the
cross is foolishness to
those who are
perishing, but to us
who are being saved it
is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:21
For since in the
wisdom of God the
world through its
wisdom did not know
him, God was pleased
through the
foolishness of what
was preached to save
those who believe.
1 Corinthians 2:14
The person without
the Spirit does not
accept the things that
come from the Spirit
of God but considers
them foolishness, and
cannot understand
them because they are
discerned only
through the Spirit.

There are several biblical scriptures pointing to this truth in the article I referred you to, even the Almighty God said this of the Son

Hebrews 1:8
But about the Son he
says, "Your throne, O
God, will last for ever
and ever; a scepter of
justice will be the
scepter of your
kingdom.

Finally, I think you should turn your argument towards the credibility of the Bible rather than the triune form of God, all your rants about some sect keeping people in false beliefs, selective bible distribution, false teachings e.t.c will for a better basis there...God bless.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by winner01(m): 10:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

And concerning the issue of the spirit, soul and body...I doubt you are a christian, if you are then you would know that those three forms can exist independently, at least on the subject of life after death.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by winner01(m): 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

And concerning the issue of the spirit, soul and body...I doubt you are a christian, if you are then you would know that those three forms can exist independently, at least on the subject of life after death.,maybe you should just read the article again, this time with open mindedness, God bless
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by RikoduoSennin(m): 11:25am On Oct 24, 2014
winner01:

There are several biblical scriptures pointing to this truth in the article I referred you to, even the Almighty God said this of the Son

Hebrews 1:8
But about the Son he
says, "Your throne, O
God, will last for ever
and ever; a scepter of
justice will be the
scepter of your
kingdom.

In your hurry to prove yourself you forgot verse 9: "You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity; THEREFORE GOD, EVEN YOUR GOD has anionted you with the oil of gladness ABOVE YOUR PARTNERS/FELLOWS".

Please interpret that for me.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by RikoduoSennin(m): 11:28am On Oct 24, 2014
winner01:
And concerning the issue of the spirit, soul and body...I doubt you are a christian, if you are then you would know that those three forms can exist independently, at least on the subject of life after death.,maybe you should just read the article again, this time with open mindedness, God bless

Not all christian believe what you believe. Prove to me from the Bible that the Body, Spirit and Soul can exist independently from one another. Note: Body without spirit is dead, both need each other for the being to be called a living soul.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by winner01(m): 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

In your hurry to prove yourself you forgot verse 9: "You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity; THEREFORE GOD, EVEN YOUR GOD has anionted you with the oil of gladness ABOVE YOUR PARTNERS/FELLOWS".

Please interpret that for me.
Hebrews chapter1
Verse1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake
in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom
he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he
made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express
image of his person, and upholding all things by the word
of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins,
sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath
by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than
they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou
art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I
will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the
world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels
spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever
and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy
kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity;
therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the
oil of gladness above thy fellows

Of course, Jesus called God the Father GOD in several scriptures in the bible, God the Father also calls Jesus Christ God as we can see here.....The bible also tells us that the word was God...Once again, The only sense you can make is to fault the credibility of the Holy Bible and not the concept of the Holy Trinity.....As the bible confirms over and over again the triune form of our Creator, i find it difficult to believe that you are a christian who believes in the story of salvation through Christ....God the Father sent Him (God the Son) to the earth to take on the sins of man (Note; no man, only God could take on the sins of man). If you don't believe this, then I'm sorry (foolish is the message of the cross).....You might even want to tell me who God was talking to during creation as I asked in my article,
Bottom line is Gods existence is extremely beyond human reasoning, He created us, we didn't create Him. However we can start to know Him through his word, the Bible.

Ecc 8:17 then I saw all that God has done.
No one can comprehend what
goes on under the sun. Despite all
their efforts to search it out, no
one can discover its meaning.
Even if the wise claim they know,
they cannot really comprehend it.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
What r u guys arguin abt again Jesus Christ is God. He is called God in several places in d bible(john,revelations e.t.c) n a mighty God in isaiah. Bt ultimately der is 1 God, the Almighty God who created Jesus(dis can b found sumwer in corinthians cnt rememba wer since its bin a while) n mind u dats d only tin God created, Jesus created everytin u c accordin 2 john 1:1. My questin is wat truly is d argument is it about trinity cus if dats d case God cannot create himself(jesus) n lukin @ d history of trinity it is very clear 2 c dat it is a pagan doctrine. Hosea 4:6 my pple perish 4 lack of knowledge. Dats y we shuld seek knowlegde n nt wait til we SEE GOD b4 we do. Anyways dats my 2cent
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by winner01(m): 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Not all christian believe what you believe. Prove to me from the Bible that the Body, Spirit and Soul can exist independently from one another. Note: Body without spirit is dead, both need each other for the being to be called a living soul.
In christianity, you are either a believer or not a believer,
you should know that there exists a realm other than the physical, then tell me if our flesh exists in that realm?....
You should also know that "You shall not surely die", as a christian that physical death means separation of your body and soul, while spiritual death is the separation of God and man......

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body,
but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which
is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Note; the body can be killed and not the soul

Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth
as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. Note; the spirit returns

Genesis 2:7 - And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust
of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of
life; and man became a living soul. Note: God gave the form of man a soul

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God [is] quick, and
powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing
even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the
joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and
intents of the heart. Note:

Matthew 16:26 - For what is a man profited, if he shall
gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall
a man give in exchange for his soul?

Genesis 35:18 - And it came to pass, as her soul was in
departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni:
but his father called him Benjamin. Note: the soul departed

Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his [own] image, in
the image of God created he him; male and female
created he them. Note of course: Gods image

Galatians 5:16-17 - [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and
ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Note: walk in the spiritual realm

Genesis 1:26-27 - And God said, Let us make man in our
image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and
over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every
creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1 Corinthians 15:35-58 - But some [man] will say, How are
the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

John 14:1-3 - Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in
God, believe also in me.

Genesis 3:19 - In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat
bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast
thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou
return. Note where the body returns to

Revelation 6:9-11 - And when he had opened the fifth
seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were
slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which
they held, Note : souls were seen

1 Corinthians 2:14 - But the natural man receiveth not the
things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto
him: neither can he know [them], because they are
spiritually discerned.

Luke 1:46-47 - And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the
Lord, my spirit rejoices in God my saviour. Note: her soul magnifies, her spirit rejoices

Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let us make man in our

3 John 1:2 - Beloved, I wish above all things that thou
mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul
prospereth. Note: soul prosperity

The independent existence of the body, soul and spirit must be understood else, life after death makes no sense...God bless
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
winner01:

Hebrews chapter1
Verse1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake
in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom
he hath appointed heir of all things
, by whom also he
made the worlds;

God spoke Through "the Prophets" just like he spoke through "the son", proving the Son is not the Same as God Almighty, he his just a servant like "the Prophet" with a Special position - God's only begotten son.

See the bolded section: Jesus was appointed heir to God, just like a human Father does through his Last will and testament.

"BY WHOM ALSO he made the worlds"- Jesus his the architect God used to make the world.

winner01:

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express
image of his person
, and upholding all things by the word
of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins,
sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Note the bolded section, Jesus is the "express IMAGE of God", not the Almighty himself. The use of the word "image" denotes Jesus is not the Original.

Jesus sat down at the right hand of the "Majestic on high", meaning he is not the Majesty on high. He is just his right hand man. No mention of the Holy spirit. Try compare other translation of this verse.

winner01:

4[b] Being made[/b] so much better than the angels, as he hath
by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than
they

Did you notice the bolded section, Was God Almighty MADE/CREATED ? Here the Son was MADE/CREATED (not my words please).

Jesus obtain a more excellent name, How? A: By INHERITANCE, same way a firstborn son inherits things from his father. Does an ALMIGHTY GOD needs inheritance or inherits anything from anyone?

winner01:

5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou
art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I
will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

The relation of God and Jesus explained in common terms man can understand eg "a Father and a son"- they are not equal and not the same.

Did you not the mention of " this day" by God himself.

winner01:

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the
world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels
spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Why is Jesus called the First begotten? What does that expression me.

Did this verse mean, "Let all the angels of Jesus worship Jesus" or "Let all the angels of God (who is seperate from Jesus) worship Jesus".

Someone gave the command or go ahead for the angels to worship Jesus before they did. It was not just voluntary.

winner01:

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever
and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy
kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity;
therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the
oil of gladness above thy fellows

Look closely at the bolded section. Did you see the Father telling Jesus something there, reminding him and you reading that scripture that Jesus has a God above him.

Tell me, who are Jesus "Fellows" whom he was anointed or elevated over?
winner01:

Of course, Jesus called God the Father GOD in several scriptures in the bible, God the Father also calls Jesus Christ God as we can see here.....

Jesus called the Father- "My God"-John 20:17.
The Father has never called Jesus such. You still don't see any difference in that.
Please show me where either Jesus or the Father call the Holy spirit God.

The point: Jesus has a God he answers to, so he can't be the ALMIGHTY but the Father on the other hand, has no one above him, not even one like him.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by RikoduoSennin(m): 7:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
winner01:

Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth
as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. Note; the spirit returns

Eccl 3:19-21 " Animals have Spirits too" are they created in God's image too. After all they have body, Spirit and are refer to as "souls" in the bible a good number of times.

What makes human special- in that same way we reflect God's image not the composition of our body.

winner01:

Genesis 2:7 - And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust
of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of
life; and man became a living soul. Note: God gave the form of man a soul

Yes, Man his a soul, with only body he was a dead soul. Man only became a "Living" soul when he has breath of life in him- just like electricity powers a radio. Note the bolded section.

winner01:

Matthew 16:26 - For what is a man profited, if he shall
gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall
a man give in exchange for his soul?

The man and his soul is not seperate, what happens to one affects the other. Man himself is a soul.

winner01:

Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his [own] image, in
the image of God created he him; male and female
created he them. Note of course: Gods image

Man has facial hairs and women have breast, do God have any of these? You need to ask yourself, in what way is man/woman created in the image of God.

winner01:

Genesis 1:26-27 - And God said, Let us make man in our

Jesus exist in the "image of God", so if man is made in that same "image", we are like them. It does not prove anything. A father can have several children who inherits his traits and features.

winner01:

John 14:1-3 - Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in
God, believe also in me.

Jesus knew the disciples believe in God, the closing statement he is asking them to BELIEVE IN HIM "ALSO". The use of the word also means they are different beings not the same.

winner01:

Genesis 3:19 - In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat
bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast
thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou
return. Note where the body returns to

Eccl 3:19,20 -" Man and beast (animals) go to the same place, they die and turn to dust. Same eventuality.

winner01:

Revelation 6:9-11 - And when he had opened the fifth
seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were
slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which
they held, Note : souls were seen

Eze 18:20 " The soul that sinneth Shall die...." Soul dies with the Body. The book of Revelation is giving in "Signs", everything is symbolic-figurative language not literal.
winner01:

Luke 1:46-47 - And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the
Lord, my spirit rejoices in God my saviour. Note: her soul magnifies, her spirit rejoices

Now, Can Mary seperate are Soul or her spirit from her self. Was it really are Soul or Spirit that was speaking what was written down here? How can her Spirit or Soul speak/praise/rejoice? Where is her spirit/ soul located?

The Father was in Heaven, Jesus was in Heaven and the Holy spirit was on earth- filling upward of 120 persons at a time. You get, not to mention, the Son was on earth existing seperately I might add.

winner01:

The independent existence of the body, soul and spirit must be understood else, life after death makes no sense...God bless

If the Spirit leaves the body, one die, is that so. How then is the body "independent" of the spirit. So if the holy spirit leaves Jehovah God, Jehovah or Jesus dies- is that it?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by winner01(m): 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

God spoke Through "the Prophets" just like he spoke through "the son", proving the Son is not the Same as God Almighty, he his just a servant like "the Prophet" with a Special position - God's only begotten son.

See the bolded section: Jesus was appointed heir to God, just like a human Father does through his Last will and testament.

"BY WHOM ALSO he made the worlds"- Jesus his the architect God used to make the world.

Note the bolded section, Jesus is the "express IMAGE of God", not the Almighty himself. The use of the word "image" denotes Jesus is not the Original.

Jesus sat down at the right hand of the "Majestic on high", meaning he is not the Majesty on high. He is just his right hand man. No mention of the Holy spirit. Try compare other translation of this verse.

Did you notice the bolded section, Was God Almighty MADE/CREATED ? Here the Son was MADE/CREATED (not my words please).

Jesus obtain a more excellent name, How? A: By INHERITANCE, same way a firstborn son inherits things from his father. Does an ALMIGHTY GOD needs inheritance or inherits anything from anyone?

The relation of God and Jesus explained in common terms man can understand eg "a Father and a son"- they are not equal and not the same.

Did you not the mention of " this day" by God himself.

Why is Jesus called the First begotten? What does that expression me.

Did this verse mean, "Let all the angels of Jesus worship Jesus" or "Let all the angels of God (who is seperate from Jesus) worship Jesus".

Someone gave the command or go ahead for the angels to worship Jesus before they did. It was not just voluntary.

Look closely at the bolded section. Did you see the Father telling Jesus something there, reminding him and you reading that scripture that Jesus has a God above him.

Tell me, who are Jesus "Fellows" whom he was anointed or elevated over?

Jesus called the Father- "My God"-John 20:17.
The Father has never called Jesus such. You still don't see any difference in that.
Please show me where either Jesus or the Father call the Holy spirit God.

The point: Jesus has a God he answers to, so he can't be the ALMIGHTY but the Father on the other hand, has no one above him, not even one like him.
Carefully slotting in the heresy huh. Simple Logic does not work with the things of God....Jesus Christ did claim to have a Father, cried out to the Father, prayed to the Father e.t.c and also claimed divinity....I don't see your point because no true christian claims that Jesus is God the father, the bible clearly shows us that they exist as different divine Beings....However, many christians will agree with you that Jesus is God the son, the bible will forever point to that fact.......

phil 2:6 who, although He
existed in the form of
God, did not regard
equality with God a
thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied Himself,
taking the form of a
bond-servant, and
being made in the
likeness of men.
8 Being found in
appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself
by becoming obedient
to the point of death,
even death on a cross

I know it does not agree with human logic and wisdom, that what it is when it comes to the things of God (our Creator).
I think I now get where you are driving at likening Jesus to a prophet, try hardest and you are still the created..
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by winner01(m): 11:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Eccl 3:19-21 " Animals have Spirits too" are they created in God's image too. After all they have body, Spirit and are refer to as "souls" in the bible a good number of times.

What makes human special- in that same way we reflect God's image not the composition of our body.

Yes, Man his a soul, with only body he was a dead soul. Man only became a "Living" soul when he has breath of life in him- just like electricity powers a radio. Note the bolded section.

The man and his soul is not seperate, what happens to one affects the other. Man himself is a soul.

Man has facial hairs and women have breast, do God have any of these? You need to ask yourself, in what way is man/woman created in the image of God.

Jesus exist in the "image of God", so if man is made in that same "image", we are like them. It does not prove anything. A father can have several children who inherits his traits and features.

Jesus knew the disciples believe in God, the closing statement he is asking them to BELIEVE IN HIM "ALSO". The use of the word also means they are different beings not the same.

Eccl 3:19,20 -" Man and beast (animals) go to the same place, they die and turn to dust. Same eventuality.

Eze 18:20 " The soul that sinneth Shall die...." Soul dies with the Body. The book of Revelation is giving in "Signs", everything is symbolic-figurative language not literal.

Now, Can Mary seperate are Soul or her spirit from her self. Was it really are Soul or Spirit that was speaking what was written down here? How can her Spirit or Soul speak/praise/rejoice? Where is her spirit/ soul located?

The Father was in Heaven, Jesus was in Heaven and the Holy spirit was on earth- filling upward of 120 persons at a time. You get, not to mention, the Son was on earth existing seperately I might add.

If the Spirit leaves the body, one die, is that so. How then is the body "independent" of the spirit. So if the holy spirit leaves Jehovah God, Jehovah or Jesus dies- is that it?
Carefully slotting in the heresy huh. Simple Logic does not work with the things of God....Jesus Christ did claim to have a Father, cried out to the Father, prayed to the Father e.t.c and also claimed divinity....I don't see your point because no true christian claims that Jesus is God the father, the bible clearly shows us that they exist as different divine Beings....However, many christians will agree with you that Jesus is God the son, the bible will forever point to that fact.......

existed in the form of
God, did not regard
equality with God a
thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied Himself,
taking the form of a
bond-servant, and
being made in the
likeness of men.
8 Being found in
appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself
by becoming obedient
to the point of death,
even death on a cross

I know it does not agree with human logic and wisdom, that what it is when it comes to the things of God (our Creator).
I think I now get where you are driving at likening Jesus to a prophet, try hardest and you are still the created..
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by winner01(m): 1:34am On Oct 25, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Bravo, A "christian" who does not believe in the manifestation of the spirit, John 4:24..Even the physical manifestation of the spirit....You can even tell me that there are no such thing as evil spirits,...I see no sense in many of your points up there, man is not a soul, he is an embodiment of the body,soul and spirit and in the spiritual realm, the spirit exists and functions,.....God and Jesus in heaven, Holy spirit on earth, well that is why he is God.....oh yes,spirits do speak, rejoice and act...its hard for you to comprehend, I know, but its about God and you are just as human....its His Word, and it is settled...God bless
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by RikoduoSennin(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
winner01:
Carefully slotting in the heresy huh. Simple Logic does not work with the things of God....Jesus Christ did claim to have a Father, cried out to the Father, prayed to the Father e.t.c and also claimed divinity....I don't see your point because no true christian claims that Jesus is God the father, the bible clearly shows us that they exist as different divine Beings....However, many who claimed christians will agree with you that Jesus is God the son, the bible will forever point to that fact.......

existed in the form of
God, did not regard
equality with God a
thing to be grasped,

7 but emptied Himself,
taking the form of a
bond-servant, and
being made in the
likeness of men.
8 Being found in
appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself
by becoming obedient
to the point of death,
even death on a cross

Reading through your post. It seems your mind is made up and closed to Reasoning upon other ideas. In a nutshell, one sided reasoning. There is no need for me to continue this discussion then.

Show me in the bible the phrase "God the Son"

Is there any difference between the phrase "Son of God", "God's son" and "God the Son"?

Phil 2:6 above - see the bolded section, ponder over it.

You carefully omitted Phil 2:9 for your convenience. Did Paul call Jesus God there. "Therefore God has highly exalted him (Jesus).....", Did you notice verse 11:"...God the Father".

Did Paul see Jesus as his God?
Eph 1:17- "that the God of our Lord Jesus christ, the Father of glory....."

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here oh Isreal, our lord our God is "ONE" not "Three".
He is not three headed or three-faced.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by RikoduoSennin(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
winner01:

existed in the form of
God, did not regard
equality with God a
thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied Himself,
taking the form of a
bond-servant, and
being made in the
likeness of men.
8 Being found in
appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself
by becoming obedient
to the point of death,
even death on a cross

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by RikoduoSennin(m): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
winner01:
Bravo, A "christian" who does not believe in the manifestation of the spirit, John 4:24..Even the physical manifestation of the spirit....You can even tell me that there are no such thing as evil spirits,...I see no sense in many of your points up there, man is not a soul, he is an embodiment of the body,soul and spirit and in the spiritual realm, the spirit exists and functions,.....God and Jesus in heaven, Holy spirit on earth, well that is why he is God.....oh yes,spirits do speak, rejoice and act...its hard for you to comprehend, I know, but its about God and you are just as human....its His Word, and it is settled...God bless

Obviously, you did not read the scriptures quoted. I did not speak of my originality but what is in the scriptures I told you.

Man and beast/animals are the same (flesh, blood, bones, spirit etc) even Science says so. Na because of people like you na make Atheist dey talk wetin dem dey talk.

Paul said there is a physical body and a Spiritual body also. They are different. Man cannot possess both at the same time.

God is spirit according to John you quoted, Jesus is a life giving spirit where is the different form you speak of?
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by winner01(m): 12:18am On Oct 26, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Obviously, you did not read the scriptures quoted. I did not speak of my originality but what is in the scriptures I told you.

Man and beast/animals are the same (flesh, blood, bones, spirit etc) even Science says so. Na because of people like you na make Atheist dey talk wetin dem dey talk.

Paul said there is a physical body and a Spiritual body also. They are different. Man cannot possess both at the same time.

God is spirit according to John you quoted, Jesus is a life giving spirit where is the different form you speak of?
science, atheists, lol...may God give you understanding, I'm out.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by winner01(m): 12:26am On Oct 26, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Reading through your post. It seems your mind is made up and closed to Reasoning upon other ideas. In a nutshell, one sided reasoning. There is no need for me to continue this discussion then.

Show me in the bible the phrase "God the Son"

Is there any difference between the phrase "Son of God", "God's son" and "God the Son"?

Phil 2:6 above - see the bolded section, ponder over it.

You carefully omitted Phil 2:9 for your convenience. Did Paul call Jesus God there. "Therefore God has highly exalted him (Jesus).....", Did you notice verse 11:"...God the Father".

Did Paul see Jesus as his God?
Eph 1:17- "that the God of our Lord Jesus christ, the Father of glory....."

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here oh Isreal, our lord our God is "ONE" not "Three".
He is not three headed or three-faced.
off point, they bear witness in heaven and several times the apostles said the grace( may the grace of our Lord jesus christ......... etc) ....nobody is saying they are equal but they are ONE...and I still maintain that you are only just human...may God give you the answers you seek,
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Ayodele115(m): 11:00am On Apr 04, 2016
THIS IS THE TRUTH = THEIR ARE `TRINITY' WHICH INCLUDE GOD THE FATHER,GOD THE SON{JESUS},GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT,WHICH JESUS CLASIFY AS`ONE' that walketh in one. JESUS SAID HIM AND HIS FATHER ARE ONE,GOD IN JESUS ,JESUS IN GOD.
BIBLE SAID JESUS IS SON OF GOD,THE SPIRIT OF GOD,WORD OF GOD,BY JESUS HEAVEN AND EARTH WERE CREATED .john 1,revelation,matteu,luke,mark,colossian,isaiah 9:6.
JESUS GIVE LIFE,HE FORGIVE SIN.
JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE,NO ONE COMETH TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH HIM. FOR WIDE IS THE WAY,AND BROAD IS THE GATE THAT LEADETH TO DESTRUCTION,MANY ARE THEY THAT GO THEIR IN
BUT STRAIGHT IS THE GATE AND NARROW IS THE WAY THAT LEADETH TO LIFE,LITTLE ARE THEY THAT GO THEIR IN.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR A WISE . [REPENT]
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by victorDanladi: 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
italo:

Because Jesus was God, but also the Son of God. Jesus was divine, but also human.

None of those passages prove that "Jesus is not God." They only show that Jesus was the Son of God and human. They don't show that Jesus show that Jesus being the Son of God and human means that he cannot be God.

Rather, there is a passage that proves that Jesus was both God and Man.

John 1
New International Version (NIV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

CONFUSION.

the creed is simply not reasonable!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year / Michael Jackson And Pope John Paul Ii Are Both Burning In Hell Fire / Bible Quiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.