Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores (1199 Views)

Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' / My Wife Misbehaves Because I Cheated On Her. / My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by jayjagz: 1:02am On Oct 03, 2012
Pls, I need your help nairalanders because I'm confused and helpless at this stage. My problem is that my father may asked me to wash the car and while washing it is my mother will call me to fetch water for her quickly. Because she needs the water urgently, I have to go and fetch it and while doing so my father asked me whether I've finished washing his car and he got angry because I said no and the only help my mother who asked my to fetch water can render is to tell my father "I don't know why he's so lazy, I no he wouldn't finish on time"
Another case is my mother giving me about 2 chores to do at the same time like fetching water and sweeping and my father adding 1, let's say weeding. After about 5mins, my mother will start calling me and reprimanding me because I've not finished fetching water and my father vexing because I've not started weeding. Meanwhile,I'm still sweeping. What can I do? Plssss! Heeeeeelp o!!!
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by olu4life(m): 2:04am On Oct 03, 2012
Really understand what u going through. I've been there. When it happened to me,i snapped back at them cos they know i'm a stubborn boi. But not advising you to do that. U can maturely discuss it with them. But i advise peeps that they should discuss than disrespecting one's parent. I know of a particular case,d guy is 26+ and his parent still command himas if he is 18yrs. But due to his gentle personality he doesnt talk. Now thats the thrash me cant take
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by obowunmi(m): 2:49am On Oct 03, 2012
@ OP: not trying to be rude - how old are you?
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 03, 2012
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by obowunmi(m): 8:33am On Oct 03, 2012
Your parents give you tasks so that you are not idle. An idle mind is the devil's workshop.
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by slimyem: 9:24am On Oct 03, 2012
What happens to telling you mum that your dad just sent you to do something and will do hers immediately afterwards and vice-versa?
They are your parents..feel free to tell them anything although respectfully.I'm sure they'd be reasonable!
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by slimchi2k2(m): 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
@jayjagz
why u dont send ur tory in joke section
nice joke jayjagz
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 04, 2012
Are u the only child of your parent? And let me tell you this that, your parents are training you to be better ni. Just endure. Since they do not tell you to do more than what you can bear. Let me remind you that many kids who are orphan, really wished thay have parents. So, keep doing what they ask u. You will be happy they did soon.
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by jayjagz: 9:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
obowunmi: @ OP: not trying to be rude - how old are you?
I'm 18yrs.
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by jayjagz: 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
slimyem: What happens to telling you mum that your dad just sent you to do something and will do hers immediately afterwards and vice-versa?
They are your parents..feel free to tell them anything although respectfully.I'm sure they'd be reasonable!
I really appreciate you mu sister but I've tried that as well but all they will do is to go and do it if I tell them I want to do one before the other and they'll will start reacting somehow.
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by jayjagz: 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2012
slimchi2k2: @jayjagz undecided
why u dont send ur tory in joke section
nice joke jayjagz
I think you should be more matured than this nw, anyway, I can't play you because again does not guarantee maturity.....msctcheeewwww.
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by maclatunji: 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
^What a nice story. Let me not lie to you, Chaircover has given you a great hint. Just create "convenience" for yourself out of all those chores. I know you are tired and angry most times and your parents might not be always right in their judgements. Guess what? They aren't angels.

Just use all of that stress and build it into positive energy. Tell yourself- "No matter what my parents or any other person throw at me, I will prevail and surmount the challenge".

That is what true champions do.
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by jayjagz: 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2012
I can't blame you because age doesn't guarantee maturity.......msctcheeewww!
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by EfemenaXY: 11:57pm On Nov 17, 2012
@ Poster, could it be that your parents impatience with you, is based on the speed at which you complete your task?

Does it take you a long time to get one task done before embarking on another? Do you feel overwhelmed with your chores?

I think you should approach your parents respectfully and tell them how you feel. Nothing like a good, basic discussion.
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by jayjagz: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2012
Efemena_xy: @ Poster, could it be that your parents impatience with you, is based on the speed at which you complete your task?

Does it take you a long time to get one task done before embarking on another? Do you feel overwhelmed with your chores?

I think you should approach your parents respectfully and tell them how you feel. Nothing like a good, basic discussion.
The major problem is that different people will be calling me to come and do different tasks at the same time.
Re: Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores by baby124: 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
Let them define your "Chores" for you, so it makes it easier to know exactly what they want you to do. Instead of you being at their beck and call for random chores. You are not a slave now. My mum used to try that and I will say before I get out of bed, tell me exactly what you want me to do today. At once o, so I can do them and have time for myself. Once I am done, I just relax and grab a book or eat over well sef. And yea babe, its CHORES my dear not SHORES. Grab some novels to help improve your English. Also change the title of the thread.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If You Were The Husband, What Will You Do? / Checkout 4 Natural Ways To Conceive Twins / 3-month-old Baby Got Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.