Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Graduate Drivers For My Company - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate Drivers For My Company (8016 Views)

My Company Is Recruiting / My Company Is Urgently In Need Of Competent Sales Reps / Drivers For Yaba/surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by AjanleKoko: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2012
5p1naz: Hi everyone, i own a logistic company with over 66 trucks. We are contracted to Nestle Nigeria. Plc and currently deliver their goods in Lagos and around Nigeria.

We've had issues upon issues with illiterate drivers and have been looking for better options for a while. Thanks to Dangote for his graduate drivers concept this might be a good solution maybe for a long time because at least graduates understand what company policy/ rules & regulations mean. . .

I'm still in τ̣the works of making this official but i wanna know what you guys feel and if its such a Good idea to employ graduate drivers to my company too.

Discuss with Dangote. Maybe he can help you hire a few grin
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by chucky234(m): 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2012
Kslib:
How is it an insult? The op didn't force any graduate to work for him.. See the way you dey call the name "graduate",as if say na one big deal. What are the so-called graduates even taught in school that makes them special.. What level of experience do most of then have, for you to classify a driving job as an insult to the said "graduate".. The difference between many graduates and most sane okada men,is just paper.. Graduate ni..graduate ko..
Gbagaun,idi:ot
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by chucky234(m): 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2012
PosCaricature :
You that can read & write how many graduate have you employed? I still do not know why some illiterates will choose to comment trash even when they don't have meaningful contribution to issues at stake.
What the fvck gave this goon the gut to quote me,look who's talking of trash and illiteracy,besotted goon. I can see how meaningful your contribution to the issue is,I'd:iot.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by MPEROR: 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
i know at least 4 Nigerians two MBA'S DRIVING TAXI IN CHICAGO AND BUILDING MANSONS IN NIGERIA IT NOT WHAT YOU DO BUT HOW WELL YOU DO IT NIGERIAN IN NIGERIA
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Okontami: 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2012
5p1naz: Hi everyone, i own a logistic company with over 66 trucks. We are contracted to Nestle Nigeria. Plc and currently deliver their goods in Lagos and around Nigeria.

We've had issues upon issues with illiterate drivers and have been looking for better options for a while. Thanks to Dangote for his graduate drivers concept this might be a good solution maybe for a long time because at least graduates understand what company policy/ rules & regulations mean. . .

I'm still in τ̣the works of making this official but i wanna know what you guys feel and if its such a Good idea to employ graduate drivers to my company too.
Dude I love your idea, I can develop a business plan for you free of charge. Although it cost many companies thousands of dollars o. Make i help u,U be Naija guy. You must be very truthful. It will be an open discussion here on the thread and I will ask you some basic questions that will help you and others. You will not need to divulge sensitive information , but you must be ready to be very civil all thru and you will be glad you did.

1) Whats the long term sustainability of the contract you have with Nestle. If its a sustainable contract that will still be running as a growing concerns in the next 5 to 10years then next point.
2) Do you currently have an HR department? If not you need to create that department. The department will cater for signing employment contracts with employees. The working Terms and condition will be clear and direct. Leave days, resumption and closing time,conditions for overtime entitlement,Housing allowance, clothing, health (you can engage an HMO to assist with this. I can contact one of the companies i consulted for, while in Naija.), Risk and hazards (insurance premiums are very cheap, you must factor this into the contract). Note that if you have a mind of employing graduates and treating them like beggars and house helps, you will not succeed in your business and will regret it. Next
3)The salary payment is key. It cant be peanuts. It should be something guys will be proud of. Go to developed nations, almost everyone is happy with his or her chosen profession. A gardener is well remunerated, a plumber gets a whole lot of money, your hair dresser is always smiling to the bank, your security guard owns a car, your cleaner drives a car, so what are we talking about. A respectable salary is required for the sustainability of your graduate workers.

Go thru these and lets see your answers before we look into the recruitment process and procedures.That part will look at the vision of your company and the mission of your company. It will focus on the emotions of your board and executives. Lets review who they are (Not their names but their characters). Are they the type of people who turn a working environment to a bully zone or people who can set good examples. We will also look at designing an Organizational chart and reporting flow chart and matrix.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by fastlane84: 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2012

nice concept, pls can I partner with ur company ? I have 1 truck. Hw much can I get monthly 4rm it?.... And it ok 2 employ gradute drivers bt make sure d take home package is very good.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by kooto(m): 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
femliany: After reading your post psychologically, by intuition I know you don't own any company cos a real bizness man will not have that time in this world to be sampling any nonsensical opinion and besides,you think employing graduates will solve the problem? Most of the truck owners don't usually pay the drivers well they always selfish in nature.
You are 100% correct! infact I admire you. the poster is just simply lying.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by demmie1: 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2012
chucky234: Graduate what? This is becoming an insult to our teeming graduates,every small contractor who can neither read nor write wants to employ graduates as drivers.
how many jobs have YOU provided yourself. You can't see a good thing and appreciate it.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Okontami: 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2012
^^^^^ Oga relax your nerves. Lets guide him thru. You dont need to get angry. He just need a business manager
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by psalmytito(m): 5:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
Thank God for all these employment opportunities. graduate driver after this we move to graduate cleaner, graduate factory workers, graduate motorboy, graduate carier, graduate security, graduate conductor and so on.guys u need to pray 4 this country cald naija
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by psalmytito(m): 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2012
@kslib, demmie what is good in this post. nigeria educatnl system is derelicting and deteriorating and u are still praising it.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by mddude(m): 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2012
Yes, going to college/university is not a guarantee for anything. It means you are qualified to do something. It doesnt mean you cannot do anything less than what you are qualified to do.
There is dignity in labor. will you prefer to not work or work as a driver until you get something better?
I think people should get off their high horses that being a graduate confer some sort of status on them. It does not! Getting a degree anywhere only HELPS to make sure you get a better job, it doesn't not mean you will get it. If you understand that mindset, you wont have any problem working any job as long as it is not a criminal enterprise. There is dignity in labor.

By the way, I once worked as Customer service rep getting my Graduate degree.

By the way, a lot of jobs in Nigerian banks are done by high school graduate here. I dont see anybody complaining. Wearing suit to work in 90 degrees heat doesnt make anyone better than a driver.
I dont see any difference between a customer service rep/teller in naija and a Dangote graduate driver.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by ADEBRIGGS: 7:19pm On Oct 10, 2012

This man u tink everything is a joke?? Try use ur head at times and stop playing games wit pple. If u know u dnt know wot 2 do, go stick ur mouth nd hands 2 smthing 2 kip u busy...
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by chukwuinya: 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
u mean graduates who studied driving in higher institutions quo? Sighs
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by mkoabiola: 9:30pm On Oct 10, 2012
chukwuinya: u mean graduates who studied driving in higher institutions quo? Sighs
Lol
Nna,U ar 2 funny
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
Omase o. Pipu dey suffer sha.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by bigmaut: 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
hmmmmm( cry cry cry
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by bigmaut: 10:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
This is what lack of focus & national planning 4 d teeming youths been born every hours is causing, now another mischievous bourgeoisie will come & say he want to employed graduates to help him sell sachet akara on d streets of a fail country like nigeria and they will tell yu only 1st class & 2.1 need 2 apply master degree is an advantagecry cry cry cry
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by jaydi1: 11:18pm On Oct 10, 2012
Kslib:
How is it an insult? The op didn't force any graduate to work for him.. See the way you dey call the name "graduate",as if say na one big deal. What are the so-called graduates even taught in school that makes them special.. What level of experience do most of then have, for you to classify a driving job as an insult to the said "graduate".. The difference between many graduates and most sane okada men,is just paper.. Graduate ni..graduate ko..
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin laugh wan kill me here.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..well said bro..dis country is so bleeped to d point that graduates av no choice than to look for driving work...bad country ,bad education,bad economy....did there parents send dem to school to be a driver after aving a degree...
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by mkoabiola: 11:31pm On Oct 10, 2012
bigmaut: This is what lack of focus & national planning 4 d teeming youths been born every hours is causing, now another mischievous bourgeoisie will come & say he want to employed graduates to help him sell sachet akara on d streets of a fail country like nigeria and they will tell yu only 1st class & 2.1 need 2 apply master degree is an advantagecry cry cry cry
Lol
Lol
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by cjotech: 1:03am On Oct 11, 2012
Hadesholla: ♓☺w cam som1 apply
nairaland jobless ppl association. anyway, u can apply by mms, goodluck!
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by cjotech: 1:05am On Oct 11, 2012
5p1naz:
i was learning investment methods. i do a lot of things my friend :-)
y u de lie? thats my only question for u
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by cjotech: 1:07am On Oct 11, 2012
femliany: After reading your post psychologically, by intuition I know you don't own any company cos a real bizness man will not have that time in this world to be sampling any nonsensical opinion and besides,you think employing graduates will solve the problem? Most of the truck owners don't usually pay the drivers well they always selfish in nature.
dont mind the op, he's a first grade lier!
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by cjotech: 1:10am On Oct 11, 2012
Ignatio: One day someone will call for graduate laborers sad.

Pls stop messing with education.
dont also forget that some naija graduates are doing jobs worst than laboring; like cleaning shi.its. one popular nigga that does that type of shi.ity job in US is shy.me.x. u can google it if u want
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by femliany(m): 6:49am On Oct 11, 2012
fastlane84: a good bizness man will not think about how much he will make in the first place but rather, how much problem he will solve and this, indirectly will bring money

nice concept, pls can I partner with ur company ? I have 1 truck. Hw much can I get monthly 4rm it?.... And it ok 2 employ gradute drivers bt make sure d take home package is very good.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by femliany(m): 6:51am On Oct 11, 2012
cjotech:
dont also forget that some naija graduates are doing jobs worst than laboring; like cleaning shi.its. one popular nigga that does that type of shi.ity job in US is shy.me.x. u can google it if u want
check the meaning of education in latin
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by mrkels(m): 8:51am On Oct 11, 2012
ifyalways:
oh well. Sighs sad
You had to quote all that just because of a typographical error? *Smh
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by ifyalways(f): 10:34am On Oct 11, 2012
Yeah,considering how fast you were to label others as illiterates.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by jstringz(m): 11:28am On Oct 11, 2012

Dis is getting really serious...

There is a big difference between skilled labour and unskilled labour... "Nigeria, where are thou heading to?"

God have mercy on our land
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by try69: 3:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
5p1naz:

the drivers are paid a certain amount per trip made, and the amount you make monthly is based on how many trips you are willing to do. That's how it works
I once worked for a diary company that produces goods for marketing (a big company). The Area sales managers are made to manage canvassers and merchandisers for the various products.Truth is, they tell you that you will be paid as you work which if they see favors you, look for ways to change the policy so that at the end of the day you work more and still earn little.Whatever happened to the "starters get 80 or 100 or 200 thousand Naira thing?[size=20pt]it's a shame[/size]
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
contact haspol asap they have all graduate drivers

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Ways To Improve Your Job Prospects / Contract Job With Total (200k) Vs Masters In The Uk: Which Do U Prefer? / Nairalanders, Please Learn To Sell Yourselves!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.