Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title (12807 Views)

APC Behind Alamieyiesagha's Death, Says Izon Brotherhood / Jonathan is Clueless. Olodo 1 of Ijawland. / Bayelsa, The Bastion Of Ijawland Is An Academic Disgrace To Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Abagworo(m): 8:03am On Oct 03, 2012
former Military Head of State, the late Gen. Sani Abacha, with the highest title in Ijaw land.

It bestowed on him the “Izon Ebidouwei of Ijawland.”

The title means “One who seeks the good of Ijawland”.

Mohammed was also presented with the flags of the Ijaw Nation.

Mohammed was invited by the government to be part of the 16th anniversary celebration of the state.

Bayelsa was created in 1996 by the late Abacha.

At a dinner organised by the government marking the anniversary, Governor Seriake Dickson, in the company of other Ijaw leaders, conferred the title on Mohammed and also presented the state’s Coat of Arms and flag to the people.

The event was held at the Banquet Hall of the Government House in Yenagoa on Monday night.

The government had earlier named a 150-unit housing estate, the main auditorium of the newly inaugurated Ijaw House and a road in the state capital, after the late Abacha.

Dickson said the state and the Ijaw Nation in general will continue to honour the late Abacha because of the bold step he took by creating Bayelsa state, a development he said has not only opened up Ijaw-land, but has made the Izon man proud.

Dickson said Mohammed is now an indigene of the state and urged him to build a family house in the state

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/abachas-.son-gets-highest-ijaw-title/

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by kellystech(m): 8:55am On Oct 03, 2012
this space is for sale

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by k2039: 8:55am On Oct 03, 2012
[size=13pt]
I am confused,“One who seeks the good of Ijawland”.What has Mohammed contributed to ijawland.Another clueless governor with misplaced priority(I wont be suprised if another governor decides to honour Late Yaradua's son with a title)
Complete nonsense
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Foxybone(m): 8:55am On Oct 03, 2012
THE OLD MAN

Ti ni ni tan a na, biko lo biko
Voices of the children playing reached me
An old man of many years thinking about death
Sitting on a cane chair in my sauro
Overlooking the dusty road of my ungwa
Where development have come and gone
Yet the mud houses still remained
Babu damuwa… Voices in my head echo
That which has a beginning has an ending

I am the old man of premium times
I have witnessed transformation and pure politricks
In my youth I have drawn blood in self-righteousness
To see the candidate of my dream elected
Whose promises were plenteous and inspiring
“The adult can go back to school with the children”
Yes!!! I had always wanted to squat on the taburma
My slate in hand dressed in all white
With my white skull cap on my head
Recite with the teachers as they pass on knowledge
Hold the mysterious pen that wields power

Here am I sitting in my sauro
Years of sweat and following sweet words in vein
I have seen the ruling of many leaders
Yet I still can’t hold the mysterious pen
I have heard the songs of new jingles
Of praises of an inspiring leader
Youths killing themselves over the enticement
Of words coated in sugary flavour
I have seen youths abandon their dreams
In pursuit of this dirty game called politics
I have seen houses divided
Blood spilled without remorse
And if by chance sense is attained
It will be too late to go back in time

Pass me that keg of palmwine
While I drown my sorrows and think of the future
Sitting and hearing the children play
Right in the sauro of my house
While the street remains dusty
Devoid of any development
Politricks a do-or-die affair..
I wonder if I will find that in paradise
When I close my eyes to sleep for eternity

2 Likes

Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by lafuria1(m): 8:56am On Oct 03, 2012
no comment.
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 03, 2012
whats the big deal about the title.
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 03, 2012
angry
i thought egberipapa 1 of bayelsa was the highest title.. God don punish timaya..

12 Likes

Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by wandeay: 9:03am On Oct 03, 2012
its only in Nigeria corrupt leaders are being decorated, a man listed among 9ja's top looter is here being honored including his son just because he created a state.
Mtchheeeew!
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by wandeay: 9:03am On Oct 03, 2012
its only in Nigeria corrupt leaders are being decorated, a man listed among 9ja's top loooter is here being honored including his son just because he created a state.
Mtchheeeew!
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by qplus(m): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2012
dis is so shocking, d guy go fit learn how to speak izon?

Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by sunny4life(m): 9:08am On Oct 03, 2012
indeed,a case of misplaced priority
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 03, 2012
i wouldnt be surprised if people insult the state or people of bayelsa state for this act but my question , HOW DOES GIVING OR NOT GIVING OF THIS TITLE AFFECT THE LIFE OF THE COMMON MAN IN THE STATE.

WHATEVER THE NAME THE TITLE CARRIES DOESNT MATTER TO ME, WHAT MATTERS IS THE WELL BEING OF BAYLSA PEOPLE NOT SOME RUBBISH TITLE THAT DOES NOT BRING INVESTMENT OR OTHERWISE TO THE STATE
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 03, 2012
High time a psychiatric test is made a pre-condition to contesting elections or holding public offices in Nigeria
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by k2039: 9:10am On Oct 03, 2012
@Foxybone
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Ogetogeo(m): 9:10am On Oct 03, 2012
musKeeto: angry
i thought egberipapa 1 of bayelsa was the highest title.. God don punish timaya..

grin grin grin grin cry cry
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by acidtalk: 9:11am On Oct 03, 2012
The friend of my Enemy is my?

Well this people make you all see as much as they want you to see and nothing else.
This same Muhammed was given two oil wells and some of his properties returned to him.

Well that tell you all that this people are playing Kalo-kalo with the lives of the populace.

Did this honor happen without Jonathan's knowledge? The answer is NO!

That's to prove to you all that Jonathan admires, worships and adores CORRUPTION and Corrupt individuals.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by chuckdee4(m): 9:13am On Oct 03, 2012
Buncha clowns, why won't they continue stealing from the country, when they get titles for all the attrocities and lootings they have committed in the past.

The Nigerian people's mentality is just as much of a problem to the country as the inept leaders
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Okijajuju1(m): 9:14am On Oct 03, 2012
This is one of those threads where the price of Garri joke would fit in nicely.. We celebrate Abacha, confer National Titles on Odilis wife.. And we say country good!! SMH!!!

3 Likes

Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by DrMoses: 9:15am On Oct 03, 2012
this is to show that the people will placed up there are just humans with mental dexterity even lower than ours,only just money they have,i hope 2015 we vote profound leaders.
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Afam4eva(m): 9:19am On Oct 03, 2012
THis is one of the reasons why i detest being Nigerian. How can we move forward when the same people we deride and we seem to be pushing the blames of our woes are the ones getting all the chieftaincy titles, honorable doctorate degrees and awards...smh
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by soicyboi1(m): 9:22am On Oct 03, 2012
DANG!!!.......THIS SHYTE'S CRAY! MEHN[size=8pt]
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Classicalman(m): 9:27am On Oct 03, 2012
Maybe Osun state should honour Abacha too by renaming the Government house, Sani Abacha house, and making his wife a Chief Maryam Abacha for creating Osun State too abi? Ijaws have once again proved that they reason like drunken sailors. No wonder the man at Aso Rock makes public gaffes so often.
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 03, 2012
Ken Saro Wiwa must be crying in his grave!! embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by skup008(m): 9:38am On Oct 03, 2012
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by dasparrow: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2012
@Post

I just don't know how we will progress as a nation when we keep honoring and applauding past leaders who were inherently corrupt. Abacha was just carrying out his duties as president when he created Bayelsa State. Should we also honor the president who created Edo and Delta State out of the former Bendel State? I just don't know but something is wrong with the way most Nigerian leaders and many of her people reason. We have a tendency to glorify evil in Nigeria and yet deceive ourselves that Nigeria will become great one day. Is that how advanced nations the world over became great by praising and honoring crooks and people with questionable character in their societies?
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by maigida231(m): 9:56am On Oct 03, 2012
Governor dickson was one of abacha loyalist,so he is making all afford to bring back of abache image to the nation,as a former military officer n abacha aide will do all good to honor is former boss again as a saying one good turn deserve another one but to d death.I rest my case.
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by highlandre(m): 9:59am On Oct 03, 2012
It's not so hard to measure the value and virtues of the Bayelsa governor.

Anywhere in the world, honour to dishonourable people is a stain on the sensibility of people of high virtue. I don't think sane-thinking Bayelsans are happy with this development. I'm sure Ebike, my dear friend is writhing in untold embarassment.

We're still waiting for a time when good teachers, productive farmers, brave youths in our communities as well as incorruptible but less known individuals in our society are conferred with honours and titles, and given recognition that is being thrown around to Toms, Dic.ks and Harrys.

Nigerians need serious re-orientation. Our values have been badly watered down
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by safarigirl(f): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2012
Seriake Dickson is nothing but a cheap publicity wh0re! Always in the news, the first few months of his administration was spent kissing GEJ's a5s and gallivanting with him, even giving PEJ perm. Sec. Now, he's creating flags and giving another lost soul a title. While sensible Governors are working to make their states liveable a la, Akpabio, Rochas, Fashola et al, this clown is using his position to dash every goat a position, Retardeen the second.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Darius2000: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2012
Classicalman: Maybe Osun state should honour Abacha too by renaming the Government house, Sani Abacha house, and making his wife a Chief Maryam Abacha for creating Osun State too abi? Ijaws have once again proved that they reason like drunken sailors. No wonder the man at Aso Rock makes public gaffes so often.
You're a classical m.o.r.o.n! Your generalisation is a s pathetic as you're. You think its every Izon person that approves of such the wrong move taken by the Izon rulers? Your statement showed how you think. We are Izons, and we are proud fishermen....The fact GEJ and other Izon rulers are messing up, isnt enough reason you should insult us all.
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by karpentar: 10:22am On Oct 03, 2012
wandeay: its only in Nigeria corrupt leaders are being decorated, a man listed among 9ja's top looter is here being honored including his son just because he created a state.
Mtchheeeew!

My brother no be small thing oh....imagine a thief and mass murderer like OBJ being honoured and still revered in this yeye country!!! In fact some people even believe that Abacha was worse than OBJ!! What a country.
Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 03, 2012
Give honor to whom honor is due. General Sani Abacha, a bold leader, a strong leader, a fearless leader, who fought with the international powers on the control of Nigeria economy and oil, eventually, he was defeated and murdered. We, who know you, admire your tenacity to succeed under pressure, economic shackles, sanctions, vituperation, threats, are appreciative of your 5 years in service.

I know this comment will generate a lot of attack from ignorant people, please, before you attack, go and study deeply about the successes of General Sani Abacha and why he was killed.

5 Likes

Re: Abacha's Son Is The Izon-Ebidouwei Of Ijawland : Highest Title by redsun(m): 10:24am On Oct 03, 2012
This is a treasonable offence,the governor should be stoned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. / Ekweremadu, Mimiko, Others To Receive Integrity Award / Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.