Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? (9204 Views)

President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text / Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB / President Jonathan Stumbles With The Independence Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by Elueme: 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
I can as well accuse this OP for lying... Setting up a panel to investigate an issue is not the same thing as you want to fire them. . This sensational headingis created to cause traffic but nobody is calling for your head.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by Gbawe: 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
dayokanu: I have a feeling Patience would have made a better president

grin grin grin grin grin grin Perhaps. on a serious note, she appears a tough character. She may just be into kicking butts more than her husbands who always avoids confrontation and believes a 'soft landing' is punishment enough for every offender.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by bbpreye2: 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
Who is Jonathan?

Nairaland banned bbpreye for Trolling. Derailing a thread by posting an off-topic ‘garri’ comment. Ban expires at October 05, 2012 at 04:34:43 PM.

Banned by sexkillz in Violent/Disgusting Non-Celebrity Crimes for Troll. Ban expires on 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
Banned by sexkillz in Romance for Troll. Ban expires on 6:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
Dr. Dre:

That's unfortunate. I'm highly interested in reading an academic work by GEJ. It would be nice if anyone that has gone through him as lecturer can tell us about him.

Here are a few references I found today.
Notice that some of these papers were published long after Uncle Joe made it to Bayelsa state's seat of government

Jonathan, G. E., Powell, C. B., & Hart, A. I. (1985). Identification of West African estuarine shrimp and crab larvae. Retrieved from http://aquaticcommons.org/3411/

King, R. P., & Jonathan, G. E. (2003). Aquatic environmental perturbations and monitoring. African experience, USA, 166.

Lebo, P. E., King, R. P., Etim, L., Akpan, B. E., & Jonathan, G. E. (2010). Breeding seasonality and population dynamics of the catfish Schilbe mystus (Schilbeidae) in the Cross River, Nigeria. Zoologist (The), 7(1). doi:10.4314/tzool.v7i1.52080

Akpan, B. E., King, R. P., Jonathan, G. E., & others. (2006). Diet of African killifish Aphyosemion gardneri (Aplocheilidae) in a Nigerian rainforest pond. Dong wu xue bao.[Acta zoologica Sinica], 52(4), 669.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by Gbawe: 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
Elueme: I can as well accuse this OP for lying... Setting up a panel to investigate an issue is not the same thing as you want to fire them. . This sensational headingis created to cause traffic but nobody is calling for your head.

What manner of comparison is that? Is he your President? Does he live in Aso rock, Is he Nigeria's number one citizen? is he the one wacking Gucci rice and Versace steak to the tune of N1 billion? Is he the one flying around the world in several Private jet? Is he the one officially mandated to find solutions to Nigeria's problems? Oga, talk better I beg.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by sheyguy: 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
Maybe they should be thrown out of the ship and allowed to 'Land anyhow them like' . . . Lol . . .no Soft Landing
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by jadakiss213(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2012
superior1: [b][/b]

Truth. If Patience has been well educated (I am not talking of Uniport's BSc oo), she would have been a better president. Jonathan is a dunce
and what's wrong with UNIPORT's BSc ? Huh?
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by dvee2: 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
Pataki: Garbage In, Garbage Out.

There is no need to seek for his thesis write-up, simply because it does not exist.

That GEJ is an intellectual fraudster, a liar, a glutton, a thief and son of lucifer the deception master.

I seriously frown against your choice of word for our president. this is taking it too far. we can criticize without being too personal
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by sheyguy: 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
jadakiss213: and what's wrong with UNIPORT's BSc ? Huh?

Nothing oh, Nothing is wrong with it. . . .
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by jadakiss213(m): 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2012
sheyguy:
Nothing oh, Nothing is wrong with it. . . .
ok.. Better.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2012
The President was right on Transparency International. Read up the facts here.

http://wikicolumn.com/news/was-nigerian-president-right-on-his-transparency-international-claim-42
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by DrDre1(m): 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
@eGuerrilla
Thanks sir. The first one is linked to FISON. They all are joint works. Hopefully we'd run into something done solely by GEJ before he became deputy governor at least lol. Wonder what all those co-authors think of him now if they are NOT getting some benefits due to GEJ's political influence.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by superior1: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
jadakiss213: and what's wrong with UNIPORT's BSc ? Huh?

Nothing really, just that the only grads of the school I have known are Mr and Mrs Jonathan. They are both bad products.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by Fourcade(m): 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
olu_kenzo :
Chief (Dr.) Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (PhD) grin

Imagine a president that can't do as little as get his speeches/facts right
And some behind-lickers on NL said he didn't lie that we're just trying to discredit him. Tssk.
Waiting for what they'd say this time.

Task for GEJ voltrons: Kindly put a spin on this.
You think that bothers him?..his work is to read out what has been handed to him grin
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by lillaowow(m): 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/619568/letter-dr-goodluck-jonathan-phd

President Goodluck Jonathan has been a fraud from the onset

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodluck_Jonathan

everything about OUR president on WIKIPEDIA is all negative, from the removal of subsidy to masterminding Bomb Blast
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by jadakiss213(m): 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2012
superior1:

Nothing really, just that the only grads of the school I have known are Mr and Mrs Jonathan. They are both bad products.

well,that's YOUR problem..let's leave it at that.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by jadakiss213(m): 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
lillaowow: https://www.nairaland.com/619568/letter-dr-goodluck-jonathan-phd

President Goodluck Jonathan has been a fraud from the onset

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodluck_Jonathan

everything about OUR president on WIKIPEDIA is all negative, from the removal of subsidy to masterminding Bomb Blast
and what's WIkepedia?? Smh..A f00l like u wrote those B/S ure here shouting about..can't u grow up for once??
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 03, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, your President was right on the claim. Read up the facts.

http://wikicolumn.com/news/was-nigerian-president-right-on-his-transparency-international-claim-42

Comparing the Corruption Perception Indexes for:

2001 - http://archive.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2001

and

2011 - http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2011/results/

Bangladesh was the most improved country in fighting corruption with a jump from 0.4 to 2.7 (2.3 improvement), and Nigeria was 2nd with a jump from 1.0 to 2.4 (1.4 improvement). President Jonathan said, “Nigeria is the second most improved country in the effort to curb corruption” and the country’s Ministry of Information explained that the claim was based, “on the survey of global corruption perceptions for 2011 versus 2001”.

Based on the above, the President was technically right, as Nigeria was the 2nd most improved country in the CPIs for 2011 and 2001 compared.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by superior1: 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
jadakiss213: well,that's YOUR problem..let's leave it at that.

Silly, it is the problem of 150 million Nigerians
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by jadakiss213(m): 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
superior1:

Silly, it is the problem of 150 million Nigerians
How? Its ur personal problem..don't just drag UNIPORT into this,if u don't have any logical or rational to say.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by nduchucks: 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
As soon as Reno decided to yank Beaf out of nairaland and give him a real job few weeks ago, I knew he would screw things up for Oga. Its time Beaf returned to nairaland where he belongs and is missed by foes and admirers alike. The olodo's ears must be ringing as I type.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by lillaowow(m): 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2012
jadakiss213: and what's WIkepedia?? Smh..A f00l like u wrote those B/S ure here shouting about..can't u grow up for once??

and a bigger fool quoting me....A55Hole
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by dabrake(m): 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
so common sense couldn't tell GEJ that was a lie
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
Fourcade:
You think that bothers him?..his work is to read out what has been handed to him grin

Meaning:
--he doesn't even bother to read through and maybe ask questions about things he's not clear about?
--Has no input whatsoever in the making of the speeches?
--he just goes out there to read. Nothing else?

undecided
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by jadakiss213(m): 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
lillaowow:

and a bigger fool quoting me....A55Hole
well,that's ur problem..I guess my point was clear enough.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by leon25aug: 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
I knw Bayelsan's and riverine ppl.they are good for nothing jerk offs. They bribe der ways to gradg.wit held up oil money&drink so much shekpe wit ogogoro. They and GEJ are 1 and same jokers.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by Mujitapha(m): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
na laugh, ijust dey laugh ye.Mr Presido Nua,tebara,do o!
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by Akintola11(m): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
Nigeria's Privatising Power Play

Can Nigeria's power sector reforms survive Nnaji's resignation and withstand the influence of influential vested interests?

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/transforming-power-sectorand-politics-behind-it
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by ogogoromaster: 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2012
chucky234: It baffles me that out of the one million registered members on NL with over two hundred thousand coming from Rivers state no one seem to know about GEJ's thesis or someone who was his former student,we get to do something right here and fast too.
I am sure Billyonaire,Deideke and Jmaine will have better information about our loving president to share,can someone invite those three to the house pls.

I have attached below the link to the only online academic publication by our president.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/108879484/A-Joint-Academic-Publication-by-GE-Jonathan
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by omosexy1: 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
Do we need a mistake in the presidential speech to conclude that our President is not at the helm of affairs? The signs are all written on the wall. This is a President that is yet to implement the Capital Expenditure Budget for 2012 and we have just 2 months to go. The same President that setup some many committees on the Fuel Subsidy Scandal and is yet to implement any of their recommendations. The same President that has on his table some many bills passed by the House of Assembly and is yet to sign any into law. The same President constituted an Economic Management Team to manage the economy and the only thing these guys thought of was the Introduction of N5000 currency bills. It is obvious that Nigerians are tired of him. The power situation in the country has taken a backslide rather than the positive outlook being experienced in the country. I thought there was an impeachment threat.
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by PointB: 8:02pm On Oct 03, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, I am a traveller throughout Africa - especially West Africa. I keep an eye on local politics everywhere I go. Many nations are improving because they are embracing the concept of "only proven performers, with a historically verifiable record, need apply". Instead, in Nigeria we keep letting the Tinubu's, OBJ's and Anehih's of the world package their mediocre stooges for us as "most fiscally responsible Governor" (Yar Adua), "fresh air" (GEJ), and clueless Aregbesola, only because a rotten system wants to keep skeletons buried and continue with "business as usual".

Fixed!
Re: Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? by Gbawe: 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
PointB:

Fixed!

Mumu stalker, why don't you show the "mediocrities" Tinubu supported? You just scored an own goal. Olodo. This is why many on the forum continue to mock you because of your intellectual 'deficits'. Olodo. The latest is Ondo. Who is the ACN candidate silly fool? Adedibu reincarnated or a military authoritarian as OBJ would have backed? M.o.r.on.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan / Why I Will Never never never Step My Foot In The Redeemed Church Again / Ralph Uwazuruike Endorses Bianca Ojukwu For Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.