Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (958383 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:10pm On May 11, 2015
@sirkezman @goskian and other peeps applying for RP... make una sharply send mail to embassy of Finland, the info I got before that interview date is usually 4 weeks after date of booking is true. I sent a mail to the embassy today and my interview date is 10 June 2015.

For guys resuming in AUGUST abeg make una sharply go book interview date oo.

Another info I think will be important is that the embassy recommends 5 banks for students

1. GTB
2. Zenith
3. Access bank
4. First bank and;
5. Skye bank
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 12:28pm On May 11, 2015
adebasket97:

na lappy o
Don't know what else it cud b.
Shey na Koupas
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2015
Cmanforall:

Don't know what else it cud b.

Shey na Koupas

Chief, use another browser e.g google chrome or Mozilla fire fox.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 12:53pm On May 11, 2015
olabode89:
@sirkezman @goskian and other peeps applying for RP... make una sharply send mail to embassy of Finland, the info I got before that interview date is usually 4 weeks after date of booking is true. I sent a mail to the embassy today and my interview date is 10 June 2015.

Another info I think will be important is that the embassy recommends 5 banks for students

1. GTB
2. Zenith
3. Access bank
4. First bank and;
5. Skye bank

@ olabode pls,we that we want to do online too, wen re we going to send document to abj? And is it necessary we send document to them or we will jst go on d day we booked?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 1:14pm On May 11, 2015
sirkezman:
oh really? you are the one to select? when did that start? dates was allocated by the embassy last year!

boss, i booked 1st of august as the start date of my accommodation since i shud b in Finland b4 1st of september which my programme will start... hp i didnt make mistake wit dis date o?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 1:19pm On May 11, 2015
olabode89:

1. GTB
2. Zenith
3. Access bank
4. First bank and;
5. Skye bank

wa o....tanx for this info boss..abeg wats the acc number we are payin to and are we goin to pay the visa money b4 bookin an appointment or after bookin an appontment.. did u go paper route or online route boss?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 1:21pm On May 11, 2015
billydragon:
boss, i booked 1st of august as the start date of my accommodation since i shud b in Finland b4 1st of september which my programme will start... hp i didnt make mistake wit dis date o?

They will most likely offer u an apartment from Aug 1. Which means u will dash them one month rent. Except they are flexible enough. The ones in helsinki aren't sha.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 1:44pm On May 11, 2015
ooluseyipa:

@ olabode pls,we that we want to do online too, wen re we going to send document to abj? And is it necessary we send document to them or we will jst go on d day we booked?

Big chief!!!
Yes o... I am also taking the online route.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 1:46pm On May 11, 2015
billydragon:
wa o....tanx for this info boss..abeg wats the acc number we are payin to and are we goin to pay the visa money b4 bookin an appointment or after bookin an appontment.. did u go paper route or online route boss?

I will be going the online route.

The account number will be included in the mail you will receive from the embassy when they confirm your interview appointment.

We are to pay after booking.... I plan to print my account statement before booking.... make account statement no go fall below NGN 1.42M (6720 euros)
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 2:22pm On May 11, 2015
yes you have to send your documents to abuja too..

ooluseyipa:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 2:23pm On May 11, 2015
sure.. you are on track
billydragon:
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 2:25pm On May 11, 2015
sirkezman:
oh really? you are the one to select? when did that start? dates was allocated by the embassy last year!

I read it on their webpage... I will search the link of where I saw it a post it here later.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 2:32pm On May 11, 2015
olabode89:

1. GTB
2. Zenith
3. Access bank
4. First bank and;
5. Skye bank

These embassy people wan they make me feel old one kind (I am between 25-30 yrs for crying out loud). After sending a mail to book interview, they responded by asking me if I had legalised my[b] wedding certificate [/b] with them grin. I sharperly responded that I am still single o. angry grin. I am using another commercial bank o, do you mean they won't accept it?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 11, 2015
Omo... that 6720 euros dey shake me o. I have 1m in my skye account, bulk lodgement. I want to use my GTB, which has just 100k at d moment. Can't just wrap my head around the P. How to make account balance shoot from 100k to 1.6m in 2 to 3 weeks without making dem think crap is a big deal for me right now. sad sad sad
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:49pm On May 11, 2015
sirkezman:
yes you have to send your documents to abuja too..

Okay.thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:50pm On May 11, 2015
olabode89:

Big chief!!!
Yes o... I am also taking the online route.
Okay.i am still waiting for them in finland to send me one document jare.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 2:56pm On May 11, 2015
Goskian:

These embassy people wan they make me feel old one kind (I am between 25-30 yrs for crying out loud). After sending a mail to book interview, they responded by asking me if I had legalised my[b] wedding certificate [/b] with them grin. I sharperly responded that I am still single o. angry grin. I am using another commercial bank o, do you mean they won't accept it?

I think it's just a recommendation, most likely it is easier for them to confirm bank balances at the aforementioned banks.

Wetin bring wedding certificate matter? .........LMAO

What date were us scheduled for?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 3:20pm On May 11, 2015
olabode89:

I think it's just a recommendation, most likely it is easier for them to confirm bank balances at the aforementioned banks.

Wetin bring wedding certificate matter? .........LMAO

What date were us scheduled for?
Ok, I guess as much.
I tire for them o. I put a call through to them, and I was informed that it was a mistake on their part, the lady that spoke to me requested that I send my letter of acceptance which I have done. They are yet to schedule me, though I requested for 11th June.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anyicent: 3:39pm On May 11, 2015
@Iceberg,
I just booked for an accommodation with HOAS. Pls how long does it take for them to get back to me? Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 11, 2015
anyicent:
@Iceberg,
I just booked for an accommodation with HOAS. Pls how long does it take for them to get back to me? Thanks

They said 2 weeks, due to the number of applications they have at the moment.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 9:19pm On May 11, 2015
sureb0y:
Omo... that 6720 euros dey shake me o. I have 1m in my skye account, bulk lodgement. I want to use my GTB, which has just 100k at d moment. Can't just wrap my head around the P. How to make account balance shoot from 100k to 1.6m in 2 to 3 weeks without making dem think crap is a big deal for me right now. sad sad sad

You have a very simple case nah, the biggest problem is now getting the money into your account shouldn't be problem. Look for sponsor to help you transfer from his own account into yours, since he's the sponsor, it's own account that should be under scrutiny. He can choose to transfer all N1.5M at once. He should just be ready to provide you all supporting documents.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by presiade(m): 9:10am On May 12, 2015
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 9:24am On May 12, 2015
@sirkezman, @ iceberg54 I ve an issue. My course coordinator said,he won't send scholarship certificate to us,dt he will only inform Finnish immigration services,which she has done. That d scholarship is mention in my admission letter,dt I shld present it like dt.
My question is,won't that have effect on my RP, becos am puting jst 500k to my acct. Am I good to go?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 9:41am On May 12, 2015
ooluseyipa:
@sirkezman, @ iceberg54 I ve an issue. My course coordinator said,he won't send scholarship certificate to us,dt he will only inform Finnish immigration services,which she has done. That d scholarship is mention in my admission letter,dt I shld present it like dt.
My question is,won't that have effect on my RP, becos am puting jst 500k to my acct. Am I good to go?

Hmmm... tough one.

Was the duration and the scholarship amount mentioned in the letter of acceptance?

Send a mail and convince your course coordinator to forward the mail she sent to the Finnish immigration service so that you can include it in your application.

In your letter of explanation mention the scholarship and make reference to your letter of acceptance. Also include the contact information of your course coordinator stating that he has informed Finnish Immigration and can also be contacted.

Everything na packaging and God's favor my brother
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 10:06am On May 12, 2015
sirkezman:
sure.. you are on track
tanx boss.. smiley
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 12:09pm On May 12, 2015
olabode89:

Hmmm... tough one.

Was the duration and the scholarship amount mentioned in the letter of acceptance?

Send a mail and convince your course coordinator to forward the mail she sent to the Finnish immigration service so that you can include it in your application.

In your letter of explanation mention the scholarship and make reference to your letter of acceptance. Also include the contact information of your course coordinator stating that he has informed Finnish Immigration and can also be contacted.

Everything na packaging and God's favor my brother

This Finnish people re funny ooo. Wen I send a plea letter to him, he said I shldn't worry. That he have contacted both the immigration and d embassy. But if dey ve issue,they will back to her. That d certificate is going to the Finnish immigration office straight.
That's whr I am now.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 12:12pm On May 12, 2015
ooluseyipa:

This Finnish people re funny ooo. Wen I send a plea letter to him, he said I shldn't worry. That he have contacted both the immigration and d embassy. But if dey ve issue,they will back to her. That d certificate is going to the Finnish immigration office straight.
That's whr I am now.

Dont worry. Just explain well to them at the embassy. That's not a big deal.

They are a 'one-way traffic' people. They hardly change their minds. So he no go send am be dat.

All the best sir!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 12, 2015
I beg my people, since UEF rejected me i have been expecting university of Vaasa Masters in Finance and/or Masters in International Business. Has anyone heard from this school or did anyone applied for these courses in this school? They said they will contact us during May. I dey expect plenty reply o, my hope don tee abaeg ooooooo!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 1:55pm On May 12, 2015
seems you are in the same department as my lil sis. Mari is the course coordinator abi? i personally sent him/her an email, telling her to sign the scholarship contract and send it back to me but she said it isnt necessary since it has been stated on the admission letter. and yes i think she is right. just package other documents and include the details in your introductory letter/SOP and you are good to go

ooluseyipa:
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 3:09pm On May 12, 2015
sirkezman:
seems you are in the same department as my lil sis. Mari is the course coordinator abi? i personally sent him/her an email, telling her to sign the scholarship contract and send it back to me but she said it isnt necessary since it has been stated on the admission letter. and yes i think she is right. just package other documents and include the details in your introductory letter/SOP and you are good to go

Yes. His/her name is mari. How is ur sister going to package her own acct. Is she going to put in all d money or na 500k? Becos dts what I am puting in my acct.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 3:25pm On May 12, 2015
@Oga Sirkezman and Iceberg54 , Please I don't understand this University of Helsinki people O, they are saying I must pay for students' Union fee (€102) before I even secure my RP. They have made June 12th the deadline for me to accept my study place and July 31st deadline for enrollment. I can't complete my enrollment at faculty without paying the Student's Union fee. Though I can complete all these processes while still in Nigeria, is this the norm or there is another way around dis?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 12, 2015
hakeembee:
I beg my people, since UEF rejected me i have been expecting university of Vaasa Masters in Finance and/or Masters in International Business. Has anyone heard from this school or did anyone applied for these courses in this school? They said they will contact us during May. I dey expect plenty reply o, my hope don tee abaeg ooooooo!

I guess nobody applied for MSc in Finance and Intl Business at Uni Vaasa. I am OYO. It is well o

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.