Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:01 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (967299 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (416) (Go Down)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:07am On Oct 30, 2016
Please see part 4 here for references https://www.nairaland.com/3022823/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures

Tips For Birthing in the USA

1. If you do not have a visa, apply for a B1/B2 Medical visa. Go with evidence to show that you have a hospital,doctor and funds to cover accommodation, medical treatment and any other incidences. (This is popularly referred to as' Burden of proof' on this thread). You may go with the complete cash for your stay. This is preferable but not a must too prove you are capable of paying your bills and provide a smoother poe experience.
For more details , use the search button and follow the already highlighted step for search.
* Both successful and unsuccessful visa applicants have posted their transcripts. It will be of great benefit to you to go through the thread and learn. Nobody will repost for you again.

3.The decision on a choice of hospital is dependent on several factors. Cost of treatment I.e hospital, doctor's fees, epidural, NICU etc with cost of accommodation and Flight to your final destination .

Use the search button to search for locations visited and used by previous mothers. This is a Do it yourself thread and it is only courteous to search out info already freely posted for future users and not ask people to repost again.

4. At the POE, you are expected to go with your burden of proof and be well prepared to answer questions to avoid deportation. Note : It is not a crime to birth in the US. It is a crime however if you conceal this fact from your visa officer (VO) or Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This act is considered misrepresentation and can result in deportation and cancellation of visa and sometimes a ban.

5. After birthing. Kindly pay ALL your bills and ALL your baby/ies' bills. Do not accept medicaid. Although your Child acquires automatic citizenship, it is presumed you were not allowed on the shores of America to add to their financial/Tax burdens.

6. After birthing , you follow the steps for getting a US passport, Nigerian passport/Visa /Travel documents for your child.
If your child's travel document is his international passport, you require a dual way ticket.

EMERGENCY TRAVEL DOCUMENT (ETC)

1. Cost - $270 plus $20 for post office or $30 for FedEx

2. Send the following supporting documents:

- 2 passport photos of baby.
- Copy of parent's Nig. passports (data page)
- Birth certificate (copy)
- Itinerary and Letter of consent for ETC.

and address it to:
The Consular Officer, Embassy of Nigeria,
Washington DC 20008

You can use this Sample Letter but please edit it to make it yours

Dear Sir/Madam
We the parents of ...wish to apply for Emergency Travel Certificate for him/her to enable us take him to Nigeria. Due to logistics reasons we are unable to process a Nig passport at this time. Thank you for your assistance.
Yours truly, (sign and also write your full name. Spouse to sign too).

Use this link for US passport application for children under the age of 16
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/under-16.html

..some abbreviations commonly used here..

DW- dear/darling wife
DH- dear/darling husband
MIL- mother in law
LO -little one
VO- visa officer
FTM- first time mum
POE- point of Entry

Thank you.

abujaniv:
Hello. We don’t normally post in this thread, but it seemed worthwhile to drop in and correct some misconceptions. We say this a lot, but it bears repeating: Birth tourism is legal in the US provided the applicant is open about their intention and pays the medical expenses in full. This means that the applicant should declare any such intention they have at the Embassy/Consulate and again at the port of entry.

If it happens that the applicant gets pregnant well after the initial visa interview, they will have the opportunity to make their intention, medical preparations and financial resources known at the POE. However, it will remain up to Customs and Border Patrol whether to allow that applicant into the country. Some are not, and they are put on the next flight home. This must be extremely uncomfortable for a heavily pregnant person, to spend 15-20 hours on a flight to America, several more hours being questioned, then another 15-20 hours on a plane home. This is what we want to avoid.

Onto some other misconceptions:
The concept of the “change of intent” letter is not valid. These e-mails are not read nor correlated with the applicant’s file. Some people who send such letters may get a form letter in response, but it is informational in nature and in no way confers permission to amend the declared purpose of travel. What matters is what you declare at the Embassy/Consulate and at the POE. After the fact e-mails do not carry any weight.

Some applicants say, “I applied for only the B2 visa to declare my medical intent.” The B1/B2 visa categories are conjoined, so applying for only one does not make any difference. Other applicants say, “I appeared at the window with a big belly,” as if this alone is enough to declare their medical intent. Again, the responsibility is on the applicant to be honest about what they plan to do in the US.

Other considerations:
Medical care is expensive in the US, and costs can escalate dramatically if there are complications.
Credibility is paramount in the US visa process. If visa officers detect any deception or obfuscation, no amount of excuses, documents or receipts will make up for the loss of credibility.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 30, 2016
Part 5 yaaayyyyhhhhhh!!!!! grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 30, 2016
Will be in Atlanta by weekend, atl mama let's hook up

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chirolechick: 10:23am On Oct 30, 2016
Yay part 5!!!!!

Make I register lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Zocken: 10:27am On Oct 30, 2016
Grateful we are in part 5. Let me reproduce my burning issue here for help.
Good day great people of this platform. Please, I need some clarifications on how I can send about $2000 from Nigeria to my DW in the US. DW just put to bed via cesarean section, which we never planned for. She has had two uncomplicated vaginal deliveries in the past, but the doctors over there discovered that the baby was in distress and they had to do the CS. However, to the glory of God Almighty, DW and LO are doing great without any form of complications. I was told to do money gram, but the guy I spoke to about it in the bank wasn't so explicit on the procedures. He also said I can't send up to $2000.
Urgent advice needed please.
Slimwendy85, Dere5 and Shamecurls, thanks for the response. I'm going to ask about the Form A and details of the moneygram ASAP.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 11:02am On Oct 30, 2016
Part 5

smiley smiley

I'm grateful for this platform! 2 missionary journeys successfully concluded courtesy of this forum.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shamecurls(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2016
Another new beginning.....

Congrats to all who just had there LO and more strength to our nursing mothers.

The forum rocks.....! #Respect

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mulberry: 11:45am On Oct 30, 2016
Part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4 now part 5 and still following.....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by herrik066: 11:45am On Oct 30, 2016
brrrrrrrrrrrrhh Part 5 ( In Desiigner's vois) grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ddoy2003: 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
Good morning mothers, it's a great day and experience and huge privilege to be part of this great house and be part of this part 5. God bless this admin. in the house pls I will be mom again 2017, will be going to Massachusetts I need your help with a contact of a doctor and hospital. Also will want to know how there POE IS like also which airline to fly also the cost estimate of hospital and doc pls its urgent I should be looking at over there. Looking forward to ur positive response.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
Zocken:

Good day great people of this platform. Please, I need some clarifications on how I can send about $2000 from Nigeria to my DW in the US.

There are ways to do this... one person suggested getting someone in the US which is a brilliant idea... However if the person is NOT in the same state as your wife it may be a bit tricky.

1. Does your wife have a US acct? This way someone here can just pay in money for you to her acct and you credit the person's naira acct.

2. If she doesn't have a US acct... the person can send a money order to her and you credit the person in naira.

3. Do you have close person in the UK or another country that can send money gram to her and then you credit the person?

However, if you don't have a trusted person it can be tricky and even trusted people sef can misbehave when it comes to money.

If you don't have a trusted person,

Do you have a domicilliary account? A dollar denominated one? If yes,

4. You can directly send money to your wife's US acct if she has one

5. You can fund the account AND then dhl the atm card to her (probably when you send the DS 3053 consent form)

If you don't have a dorm account,

6. Open one and do No 4 or 5 whichever applies.

Congrats again!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Zocken: 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2016
Fyorgyn:

There are ways to do this... one person suggested getting someone in the US which is a brilliant idea... However if the person is NOT in the same state as your wife it may be a bit tricky.

Thanks immensely. She doesn't have an account in the USA and I don't have a dorm account. I think I will go with the moneygram option. It seems to be my best bet....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2016
Zocken:

Thanks immensely. She doesn't have an account in the USA and I don't have a dorm account. I think I will go with the moneygram option. It seems to be my best bet....

Ok then...

The money gram option is great... just that it can be hard o except you have too banker friends and even at that sef...

If you do have banker friends seek their opinion too... there's always a way.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 12:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Yay!!!! I made it to page (5) first page. Una doh oh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 12:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Ddoy2003:
Good morning mothers, it's a great day and experience and huge privilege to be part of this great house and be part of this part 5. God bless this admin. in the house pls I will be mom again 2017, will be going to Massachusetts I need your help with a contact of a doctor and hospital. Also will want to know how there POE IS like also which airline to fly also the cost estimate of hospital and doc pls its urgent I should be looking at over there. Looking forward to ur positive response.

Hi...

A couple of folks have given birth in Boston Massachusetts... I had no idea but when I saw your post I did a quick search using the very useful search button and voila!!!

Please use the search button... limit it to the travel section... I used "Boston birth" to search and saw this (pic attached).

You can send a message to the people concerned or just mention them here and see if they reply...

Alternatively, do what many of us have done (how some of the info is gotten for this thread)... search for the hospitals in the area you are going, buy plenty recharge card for your phone and call them one by one to find out the cost for self paying uninsured patients.

When you've found out biko come back and share.

Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 1:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
Glad to be here and I'm surely going to share my testimony soon watch out peeps.

In other words, a big thanks to mamas and papas on this great forum that taken thier time to contribute to dis great forum, may you never run out of idea and knowledge. Amen

I will be back soon. Happy Sunday to you all

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bisoye82: 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
Bookmarking grin grin grin

@Justwise I hail o cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
Wow! Nice.
TripleKMama reporting on behalf of the TripleK dynastysmiley
Thanks to the moderators of the forum...plus including ghost readers grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by simababe(f): 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
Yippie, part 5. All the best peeps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
Bisoye82:
Bookmarking grin grin grin

@Justwise I hail o cool

grin grin same here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2016
Where is your wife? I can send her the money but you truly need a US account so as not to stress me too. Don't u have anyone near her? I'm in NJ. U can PM me for further details....plus anybody that needs $$ kiss
#NotAnAgent #JustHaveSpareDollars grin
Zocken:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OmoBendel24: 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
Better 'parts' and paths ahead y'all even as we continue to make progress in all that concerns us daddies, mummies, little ones, brothers, sisters, all forms of in-laws, uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, nieces, friends and well wishers as touching missionary journeys and life generally.... Fruitfulness and multiplications on all sides I decree in Jesus Name!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
TripleKMama:
Where is your wife? I can send her the money but you truly need a US account so as not to stress me too. Don't u have anyone near her? I'm in NJ. U can PM me for further details....plus anybody that needs $$ kiss
#NotAnAgent #JustHaveSpareDollars grin

TKM sure mama. Pls i just sent a pm ,need some information about NJ. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Able15: 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2016
Awwwww! Part 5 is here. My E family, always on my mind, so glad am part of this family.
Shout out to LadyG, Nerf, Firstymum Hope you are all good. @firstymum #countingdown...

Udo diri unu! Back to my gost mode.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyGuinivere: 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
Able15:
Awwwww! Part 5 is here. My E family, always on my mind, so glad am part of this family.
Shout out to LadyG, Nerf, Firstymum Hope you are all good. @firstymum #countingdown...

Udo diri unu! Back to my gost mode.
Diri kwara gi o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Diri kwara gi o!
So u are igbo woman? I didn't even know.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
Part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4 and now part 5. Every part was a hit,back to back

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Popri(f): 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2016
Good job Justwise
Thank you. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
Gda everyone pls still waiting for a responce for my burning issue
1) pls does anyone have an idea of a reasonable priced hospital in Michigan would appreciate if you can post your final bill hospital name and dr
2) pls has anyone used henricopa women's hospital in Virginia what was you final bill and what dr did you use.
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 4:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
Fyorgyn:

Ok then...

The money gram option is great... just that it can be hard o except you have too banker friends and even at that sef...

If you do have banker friends seek their opinion too... there's always a way.

Best of luck!
I think you should open a dorm account for $100 fund it and transfer to the hospitals account directly
Second option is moneygram you would need yourself and someone else to do 1600 or 3 of you to do the total amount but be ready to appear at the bank as early as 6am the queue is always long and only about 2/3 transactions go per day
I believe this are your safest options.
Except u have someone you can really really trust.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oppaxy: 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
Wow..... Part 5 already
Silent follower grin
March/April '17 mum.... Houston bound
Thanks everyone for your comments/experiences..... you have all been very helpful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
Marking present grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (416)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.