Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (958066 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 03, 2015
ilesanmioo:
its really not fair, I asked a question and no one answered, is it because am jejesi, u all started somewhere. In as much as am new here, its just isn't fair, u read and pass. If I have all the info I wudnt be asking. Its a challenge, by Gods grace I will have a positive story too, even if It might take time. I will, and when I do, I will share my testimony

Argumentum ad misericandum. You're appealing to pity? Smh. Don't act like the victim here. U popped in here and asked a question I'm sure we've talked about not less than 50 times. We keep saying, do a little research before you ask SPECIFIC questions! No one has time to start writing epistles about how to start from stage 1 to the end all the time. Some things I'd say tho... you want to travel with your wife and kid? Does your wife have a degree too and plan to secure admission? Does your baby have a degree too and plan to secure admission? If you've answered yes to both, then u're good to go. If not, bros... Na to go first, when u don dey okay small, den send for ur wife and kid. I'm not saying it's not possible to go with ur wife and kid, just saying d best way is to try to go alone first so u won't kill urself with pressure unless say u be very rich man sha.
Secondly, u need 6.5 overall bandscore in IELTS (academic not d general one). Please Google some things first to have basic idea of this process or just read our posts from December 2014 till now. All your answers are there. Step 1, go to ur former uni and find out how to get ur transcript sent. That's one of the hardest parts. Na early momo be this and the stupid embassy of finland people dey vex me, na why I dey para small. Sorry if e be like say I dey rude.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 03, 2015
jeffoe:
i must greet the house congrat to those who have got positive response to there r.p application and for those who haven't gotten any response your r.p is on it way, i initially was following this thread last year but couldn't proceed with the application because of insufficient document though presently serving, i am in the transcript phase now, but my school exams and records is just making life difficult for me, this is the second time i would be traveling to school as regards the transcript ish i just hope i complete this phase soonest, also planning on getting recommendation letter.

We hail u back. I pray u have a smooth and successful application too smiley concerning traveling to and fro for ur transcript. No dey do like Omo mummy Hehehe. Find number of one person for there wey u go dey call and make u be of good behaviour to the person. smiley be loyal. You'll be surprised how easy things go be. Na Naija we dey. Wet some palms and have things go ur way. A few thousands in the right hands will make things easier for u.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2015
If you are waiting for ur RP to be delivered to youu by d embassy, I guess u need to relax. The embassy will contact u @ dere own leisure. But if u can mount little pressure on them,den u can get it on time.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
sureb0y:

Argumentum ad misericandum. You're appealing to pity? Smh. Don't act like the victim here. U popped in here and asked a question I'm sure we've talked about not less than 50 times. We keep saying, do a little research before you ask SPECIFIC questions! No one has time to start writing epistles about how to start from stage 1 to the end all the time. Some things I'd say tho... you want to travel with your wife and kid? Does your wife have a degree too and plan to secure admission? Does your baby have a degree too and plan to secure admission? If you've answered yes to both, then u're good to go. If not, bros... Na to go first, when u don dey okay small, den send for ur wife and kid. I'm not saying it's not possible to go with ur wife and kid, just saying d best way is to try to go alone first so u won't kill urself with pressure unless say u be very rich man sha.
Secondly, u need 6.5 overall bandscore in IELTS (academic not d general one). Please Google some things first to have basic idea of this process or just read our posts from December 2014 till now. All your answers are there. Step 1, go to ur former uni and find out how to get ur transcript sent. That's one of the hardest parts. Na early momo be this and the stupid embassy of finland people dey vex me, na why I dey para small. Sorry if e be like say I dey rude.

Sureb0y my man..... wetin embassy people do u ooo?

Send them a mail.... no bother waste your credit.... the lady wey dey pick call is quite rude.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
sureb0y:

We hail u back. I pray u have a smooth and successful application too smiley concerning traveling to and fro for ur transcript. No dey do like Omo mummy Hehehe. Find number of one person for there wey u go dey call and make u be of good behaviour to the person. smiley be loyal. You'll be surprised how easy things go be. Na Naija we dey. Wet some palms and have things go ur way. A few thousands in the right hands will make things easier for u.

Heheheehe..... When i wan collect my transcript after the first day wey i reach transcript office for my sch ehn... i just collect one young boi and snr man number.... before i reach sch gate... i don sama dem 1K credit each...... as i reach house i call dem two.... My guy something wey dey take people almost a month took me one week.... no dulling o...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
GeneXY:

I sent them a mail but got no response. Just wanna wait n c if they will contact me ds week.
ok boss, i guess na to just wait dis week b dat..me sef go send dem mail..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2015
ooluseyipa:
If you are waiting for ur RP to be delivered to youu by d embassy, I guess u need to relax. The embassy will contact u @ dere own leisure. But if u can mount little pressure on them,den u can get it on time.
noted boss..bt did u send dem an email b4 dey mail u dat ur rp card is ready?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
billydragon:
noted boss..bt did u send dem an email b4 dey mail u dat ur rp card is ready?

Yes. I mail dem like 3 times.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
Our man adexbaba should be in Finland by now. Cant wait to hear all the gist he has for us. Anyone traveling this week?

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
I hail boys o. This finland ppl dy vex oerson o. Their iwn pass african time.
Abeg ppl wy get accomodation, dn son message una to pay august rent?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adexbaba010(m): 7:41am On Aug 04, 2015
Bosses in the house, I hail ooooooo!
I am happy to tell u guys that, though it started like a dream but right now gbabe omo na reality. Live from Jyvaskila, the city of midnight sun!

I got to Helsinki around 7:30am yesterday was able to catch a train and head directly to Jyvaskila through the help of the info centre at the airport and of course my beautiful tutor (Valeria). The journey was not as smooth as painted though, I had one or two challenges expected of a jjc normally.

Please pay attention to some of my gist here, don't fall into the pit I had fallen!

Most importantly money: don't borther to change money from any Aboki or bureau de change ooooo if the exchange as at today is more than 251 naira to euro. U can comfortably use ur naira master card and get ur money in Euro at that price and sometimes lesser arround 249 at the ATM machines in Helsinki airport. I used my gt naira MasterCard here and that was the exchange rate with their charges included.

Yellow card: it is a fable! U don't need that shit. I got mine for 1.5k but it was just an extra luggage nobody asked for it or pay any attention to it even when I try to tender it to show off say I get complete document. But if u are not comfortable or to avoid the wahala of immigration for Nija cos they won't stop at nothing to extort u as a first timer!

Buy anything buy able and carry anything carry able cos when u get here u will definitely regreat leaving that stuff u call minor back home. I could not communicate or get some stuff done since yesterday cos my charger na three pin mouth. Here u can only find sockets with two round holes or small three round holes that I am not sure we have similar type in Nija........

Abeg I go continue later ...... Got to attend to something right now. Here dem no de play with punctuality ooooooo grin

10 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:00am On Aug 04, 2015
@adexbaba welldone o, dm don say make we carry extension box with 2 pin mouth, maybe u no see d post. Congrats man. Enjoy yaself.

And thanks for the update on the euro stuff. I go just carry my gtb naira mcard.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ebunolorun: 9:19am On Aug 04, 2015
adexbaba010:
I am happy to tell u guys that, though it started like a dream but right now gbabe omo na reality. Live from Jyvaskila, the city of midnight sun!

I got to Helsinki around 7:30am yesterday was able to catch a train and head directly to Jyvaskila through the help of the info centre at the airport and of course my beautiful tutor (Valeria). The journey was not as smooth as painted though, I had one or two challenges expected of a jjc normally.

Please pay attention to some of my gist here, don't fall into the pit I had fallen!

Most importantly money: don't borther to change money from any Aboki or bureau de change ooooo if the exchange as at today is more than 251 naira to euro. U can comfortably use ur naira master card and get ur money in Euro at that price and sometimes lesser arround 249 at the ATM machines in Helsinki airport. I used my gt naira MasterCard here and that was the exchange rate with their charges included.

Yellow card: it is a fable! U don't need that shit. I got mine for 1.5k but it was just an extra luggage nobody asked for it or pay any attention to it even when I try to tender it to show off say I get complete document. But if u are not comfortable or to avoid the wahala of immigration for Nija cos they won't stop at nothing to extort u as a first timer!

Buy anything buy able and carry anything carry able cos when u get here u will definitely regreat leaving that stuff u call minor back home. I could not communicate or get some stuff done since yesterday cos my charger na three pin mouth. Here u can only find sockets with two round holes or small three round holes that I am not sure we have similar type in Nija........

Abeg I go continue later ...... Got to attend to something right now. Here dem no de play with punctuality ooooooo grin

it's so good listening to our fellowz testimony and experience, ours is soon.
concerning d exchange rate, I was at UBA yday and d exchange rate was 222naira. But earlier last week when I paid for my accommodation in uba d exchange rate was 224.85 therefore a decrease as occurred. If u still feel u want to carry any cash in hand, then visit banks in naija to compare their rates.

Adex, pls throw more light on your on ur food stuffs and how u got sim cards. we are expecting more news from u and u also expect loads of questions from us.
Once more, congrats!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2015
Ebunolorun:

it's so good listening to our fellowz testimony and experience, ours is soon.
concerning d exchange rate, I was at UBA yday and d exchange rate was 222naira. But earlier last week when I paid for my accommodation in uba d exchange rate was 224.85 therefore a decrease as occurred. If u still feel u want to carry any cash in hand, then visit banks in naija to compare their rates.

Adex, pls throw more light on your on ur food stuffs and how u got sim cards. we are expecting more news from u and u also expect loads of questions from us.
Once more, congrats!

Naija banks are not selling foreign currency anymore as at last week when i checked at GTBank and FCMB. I wanted to change some naira to euros under the personal travel allowance parole...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 9:30am On Aug 04, 2015
adexbaba010:

Adex my man!! Nice one.... i know say u don dey eye Valeria... that one sef dey...lols....

Hope you are good bro.... no dull o.... manage ur cash wella o grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 10:07am On Aug 04, 2015
adexbaba010:

Boss well done.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 10:31am On Aug 04, 2015
adexbaba010:

Thank you for the info. Pls what abt the weather?is it still okay?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anyicent: 10:34am On Aug 04, 2015
@Olabode89, Sureboy, Ebunolorun, et al, I ve a short question. I just got accommodation offer. Can I transfer money from my Dollar Account to pay for the 260 euro deposit? Treat as urgent. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bateej: 10:34am On Aug 04, 2015
Am going to University of Tampere on the 19th...
olabode89:

I am going to Tampere.....TUT to be precise.....MSc things. What about u?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bateej: 10:47am On Aug 04, 2015
Hello am going to UTA.
Ebunolorun:
hi house, tho I av been a partial member of this thread and I appreciate every contribution of everyone (bin so useful).

first, I'm still awaiting my final decision and I blif Every1 in my shoes will get a positive reply

Also, I will be going to UTA and it's like no1 on this thread is going there, I op I'm not alone?

Also, concerning our awaiting response, on Thursday, I mailed migri and I was told in few weeks they wud give me a final response
Note: I ad my interview on 16th June and submitted my last supplementary request on 19th July.

I think they went on break , cos when I mailed d secretary (concerning d late feedbk) an automated mail replied he's out of office but dropped anoda mail 4 urgent matters. I used d dropped mail, and that was how i got d info of in few wks time, replying d mail to say 10s, it ad bin set to an automated mail response that she also is out of office (this made me finalise dey went on break)
There4, hopefully this week, every pending application will be touched and postive response will be received.

4 everyone that as got their response n RP , congrats! Go prepare ilu oyinbo 4 us, see u soon!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:00am On Aug 04, 2015
bateej:
Am going to University of Tampere on the 19th...

Cool.....Where you able to get an accommodation? If yes which of the TOAS apartments... I dey find person to share a room with o... I couldn't pay for mine cos my cash was tied down during the RP process.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 11:08am On Aug 04, 2015
anyicent:
@Olabode89, Sureboy, Ebunolorun, et al, I ve a short question. I just got accommodation offer. Can I transfer money from my Dollar Account to pay for the 260 euro deposit? Treat as urgent. Thanks

Guy,u need to talk to ur bank about it.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ebunolorun: 11:14am On Aug 04, 2015
bateej:
Hello am going to UTA.

Aiit, that's cool, good to hear someone is going to my school
But sad I avnt being granted RP yet, op to hear from migri soon.
Nevertheless, we will get to see more (i hope) when I resume, do av a safe journey.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ebunolorun: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2015
anyicent:

that's a domiciliary account I guess? Yea, u can pay from it (I heard it's cheaper n faster) cos I paid using my naira account but it took 2 days to reflect in their account and d charges was hell too much (almost 10k, I regretted).

But still visit ur bank ASAP and pls ask questions (i wish I asked lots of questions b4 I paid mine, I might av skipped that huge charge).

all d best!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dondaddycares(m): 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
adexbaba010:

Hi Boss, pls i'm particularly interested in the charges to the master card over there. pls how much will one be surcharged on a withdrawal of 100 euros?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
adexbaba010:

congratulations brother, am happy to hear from you right from Finland, I pray to join you over there come next year, as I have started my process this year believing to give my own testimony by this time next year. Truly am very very happy for you and for us.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ebunolorun: 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
To we the RP decision -awaiters, we cud try mail migri, especially silja (d secretary ). He responded to d mail I sent him last week Thursday(concerning when my decision will be ready). He said" my application is still under processing, and the final decision will be ready in two weeks time". (this one is gobe cos my school's orientation is on 24th and latest resumption date is 1st of September ).
Also, I hope with this long waiting RP will be granted, ijn, AMEN!! Cause me I dunno what they are verifying and pls if u know their process of verification u can pls share!
Good luck to everyone!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
The bosses... Please can someone tell me route to Kuopio from Helsinki. Cos I wan check on someone in Tampere before arriving kuopio.

So Wan knw if one from Helsinki is gonna pass Tampere before reaching Kuopio. Make I no go pass my school say I dey find peson. Lol...

........ I'm still waiting for their mail with respect to my RP card.....

Guess they went on a short break.. # dunno o. Lol

Cc: sirkezman, iceberg54, olabode, adebasket, billydragon and all other bosses
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
@cman4all See google map...eheheheh

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
gtb charges 420 per transaction

dondaddycares:

Hi Boss, pls i'm particularly interested in the charges to the master card over there. pls how much will one be surcharged on a withdrawal of 100 euros?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
adebasket97:
@cman4all See google map...eheheheh

Thanks boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.