Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (953352 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 5:19am On Aug 08, 2015
GeneXY:

Called them yesterday..
boss, abeg furnish me wit d number u called dem on make me sef holla dem..tanx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anyicent: 6:07am On Aug 08, 2015
[quote author=Ebunolorun post=36704285]hi guys, a shocker tho, I got rejected now, based on contradictory source of fund (got money from my cousin which I didn't use as a sponsor)
so what do u guys think?

It was written that I can appeal, but I don't know how that operates and d method of appealing sef, I don't understand.

Also, I was told I can start all over by applying for d residence permit. Op it's not too close and won't they think I am being -vely desperate.

Pls quick responses.
If using know how didn't appealing goes, pls say

I would advice you to appeal that decision.It does not cost you much thing, at least to prove a point. I like pursuing a matter to a conclusive end. I have passed through the tunel of appeal but I thank God, He saw me through. It's risky not to take a risk! Act now!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ebunolorun: 7:48am On Aug 08, 2015
@ anyicent, I understand u perfectly, but I need u to know d full meaning of appeal. It means u were unjustly or unfairly judged.
But really, I wasn't. I didn't inform them my cousin sent money to my dad, I said d bulk money came from my parents.

Also, I was to return a certain amount to someone who sent me excess money, I wrote she sent me 200k instead she sent 500k but I was to return 300k (d person that sent it to me on her behalf made a mistake). so that also altered, when they looked her her statement they saw 500k sent but I didn't explain that I was to return 300k to her based on it was an excess, cos my account was 1.7m and I also ad 100k in my oda account.
I tot they were to notice the excess. I didn't explain myslf clearly so all those things was what made me say I flopped.
Also, what's d procedure to appeal and whats d guarantee?
Also someone was on d case of appeal for 2mths+. where's d time?
But I cud tlk to d embassy to give me a close date and that is "ONLY IF I GET A PERFECT SPONSOR ASAP" .

Also, as any one seen a reapplication to was right?
Really at the point I'm so giving up d whole thing, but I really wish I don't .
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 8:11am On Aug 08, 2015
Ebunolorun:
@ anyicent, I understand u perfectly, but I need u to know d full meaning of appeal. It means u were unjustly or unfairly judged.
But really, I wasn't. I didn't inform them my cousin sent money to my dad, I said d bulk money came from my parents.

Also, I was to return a certain amount to someone who sent me excess money, I wrote she sent me 200k instead she sent 500k but I was to return 300k (d person that sent it to me on her behalf made a mistake). so that also altered, when they looked her her statement they saw 500k sent but I didn't explain that I was to return 300k to her based on it was an excess, cos my account was 1.7m and I also ad 100k in my oda account.
I tot they were to notice the excess. I didn't explain myslf clearly so all those things was what made me say I flopped.
But I cud tlk to d embassy to give me a close date and that is "ONLY IF I GET A PERFECT SPONSOR ASAP" .

Thanks

Bros why can't u defer the admission till next year. Maybe u shld mail d school to see d possibility. Then u will now decide on what to do. I will advice u to clear ur head 1st, d 2nd option is d last option,so chose carefully. U can defer it,mail ur school on it. It's well.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by j8ymz: 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
Alhamdulillah Bro.
Congratulations!
I pray this manifest into something big for you life.

To the rest of the folks, same prayer goes for y'all.
Lets keep the positive news coming.

Bless!
rajput4real93:
Alhamdulillah. I'm using dis medium to inform d house dat my Rp has been granted. D bosses in house should please respond to Ebunolorun's case.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by j8ymz: 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hi @Ebunolorun
I'm sorry to hear about the negative decision from migri.
Don't give up hope Bro. Sometime something destined to be good and favourable starts with murky
Just a little rough time Bro, good times is to follow.
...after hardship comes ease...

I seconded what sirkezman said. I'll suggest you go for the appeal if you can afford it. A good explanation to counter their reasons for refusal may just turn things around. You have nothing to lose for trying. And I hope it goes well. You probably still have the option of deferring the admission (if the school allowed it) if it turns out unfavourable (I hope and pray not).

From my atom knowledge about appeals and Lil experience, I'll urge you to give it a go Bro.
Stay strong mate, better days are just round the corner.
All the best bro

sirkezman:
sorry to hear about this but yes you should appeal. i think the guideline should be with the rejection email. Appealing doesnt mean you are desperate. It means they made a mistake and you want to prove them wrong.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Val2001: 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
Not appealing will mean that you have accepted their reason for the negative decision which might affect your future applications. I will advise you to appeal the decision using immigration lawyer in Finland. If you choose this option, I might connect you to one of the law firm that have Nigerian as a co-solicitor for further advice. (as a student you might be eligible for free legal service)
Best of luck.

Ebunolorun:

Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
Na Naija things dey always get comma! I'm so pissed. Yet to get my residence permit card, despite delivery of my passport and cover letter almost 3 weeks ago. Been calling and mailing the embassy, nothing has happened. And my ticket na non-flexible one. I'm supposed to travel this farrrkiiinggg weekend. This is so irritating... not to mention the attitude of that woman who answers the calls. She's completely rude and mannerless as if she's not paid to do her job. I go call her yab am when I don get my RP card delivered. She should know what's called common courtesy. Mtcchheewww
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
sureb0y:
Na Naija things dey always get comma! I'm so pissed. Yet to get my residence permit card, despite delivery of my passport and cover letter almost 3 weeks ago. Been calling and mailing the embassy, nothing has happened. And my ticket na non-flexible one. I'm supposed to travel this farrrkiiinggg weekend. This is so irritating... not to mention the attitude of that woman who answers the calls. She's completely rude and mannerless as if she's not paid to do her job. I go call her yab am when I don get my RP card delivered. She should know what's called common courtesy. Mtcchheewww

3weeks? The thing suppose dey your hand by now o.

Did you pay for the returning courier services? If so, I think you should also check the Courier company. And wch one you use? And wetin the Embassy woman dey talk.

Alternatively, you can visit the embassy.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
sureb0y:

By now u used have ur RP. If possible go to abj to avoid unnecessary delay. To be sincere that woman is something else. That's anoda day story. Jst find a way of getting it becos of ur ticket.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
Another day going... I still never see RP card. I don call and mail tire, still no show. Did anyone face something similar? To those who received their cards, abeg how una take do am? Please reply cos I don't know whether to be angry or sad. I suppose travel this Sunday. Time no dey again. *sigh*
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
sureb0y:
Another day going... I still never see RP card. I don call and mail tire, still no show. Did anyone face something similar? To those who received their cards, abeg how una take do am? Please reply cos I don't know whether to be angry or sad. I suppose travel this Sunday. Time no dey again. *sigh*

I didn't get mine in Nigeria..so I dnt know the process Ohh...but I got my card within one week...of the decision
Is there any way u could visit the embassy in person...this way things could be sorted out.
There is really no need to be angry or sad....be pragmatic....go there and sort this issue out..it'll only take one day
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
sureb0y:

Sent my passport last week, avnt received it back till nw. Nothing to track via courier
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by marybee: 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2015
pls guys how do i apply to study there?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2015
sureb0y:

Hummmm, I got mine within one week and I notice u get ur decision b4 mine. So u shld get ur RP b4 me. But everything depend on d embassy people. Viziting them will throw more lite to this issue.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
This finland ppl fit frustrate person.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
sureb0y:
Call the courier service to locate ur doc.
Also u can visit the embassy... Would be a better option
Really no need to panic or be sad.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
I just got a call from the embassy. They have revoked my residence permit on the grounds of forgery. They said I submitted a fake insurance certificate. Can you imagine? Something wey I use 31k get from that stupid mutual benefits assurance. I've been completely mad all day. I called the retarded insurance company, they kept saying "don't mind them, it's not fake. We'll TRY to explain to them". Can u imagine? "Try"!!! Omo, my brain dey hot. In case u think I'm overreacting, submitting fake documents means being banned from entering any of the schenghen states, which indirectly means being banned from entering the UK and Yankee. Them go hear from me. I'm waiting to receive my passport back and the official reason for the revocation of my permit. Mutual Benefits Assurance won't rest. They'll explain why they gave me a certificate that's different from what the others submitted.

Make I go drink small. That's the update from me.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
sureb0y:
I just got a call from the embassy. They have revoked my residence permit on the grounds of forgery. They said I submitted a fake insurance certificate. Can you imagine? Something wey I use 31k get from that stupid mutual benefits assurance. I've been completely mad all day. I called the retarded insurance company, they kept saying "don't mind them, it's not fake. We'll TRY to explain to them". Can u imagine? "Try"!!! Omo, my brain dey hot. In case u think I'm overreacting, submitting fake documents means being banned from entering any of the schenghen states, which indirectly means being banned from entering the UK and Yankee. Them go hear from me. I'm waiting to receive my passport back and the official reason for the revocation of my permit. Mutual Benefits Assurance won't rest. They'll explain why they gave me a certificate that's different from what the others submitted.

Fake ke.... Didn't u do it at their office or was it tru an agent. Na wa o
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
GeneXY:

Fake ke.... Didn't u do it at their office or was it tru an agent. Na wa o

I went there myself, I even paid cash! That's the most irritating part.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2015
sureb0y:

Ehhhh..U dey play Abi....how is this even possible....I dnt understand...after they had made a decision...
And closed Ur application.....
Who did u offend at the embassy in Abuja....Cos this isn't migris work ohhhh

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
anthochie:

Ehhhh..U dey play Abi....how is this even possible....I dnt understand...after they had made a decision...
And closed Ur application.....
Who did u offend at the embassy in Abuja....Cos this isn't migris work ohhhh

Can't play with something like this bro. The whole thing no make sense to me sef. They said they had been trying to contact me by phone since last week! Can u imagine? If phone no go, why dem no mail me? Again, I had been sending them mails since over 3 weeks, dey didn't respond and later claimed not to see any of the mails! I called them and instead of them to tell me about this development, they said NOTHING about it until today. Can u imagine? They couldn't call the insurance company to verify the authenticity of the document before pronouncing it fake/forged. Everything just be like say na spiritual problem. I checked the Migri portal again, nothing like say problem dey with my application. It has been closed and concluded with the decision as RP Approved! Now I don't even know what to do or say.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2015
sureb0y:

Can't play with something like this bro. The whole thing no make sense to me sef. They said they had been trying to contact me by phone since last week! Can u imagine? If phone no go, why dem no mail me? Again, I had been sending them mails since over 3 weeks, dey didn't respond and later claimed not to see any of the mails! I called them and instead of them to tell me about this development, they said NOTHING about it until today. Can u imagine? They couldn't call the insurance company to verify the authenticity of the document before pronouncing it fake/forged. Everything just be like say na spiritual problem. I checked the Migri portal again, nothing like say problem dey with my application. It has been closed and concluded with the decision as RP Approved! Now I don't even know what to do or say.

That's not possible @ all. Becos dey can not give u RP and revoke it, but that is not d problem of embassy it d problem of d insurance company. Jst go wth d photocopy of it tomorrow if it is true @ all.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
ooluseyipa:

That's not possible @ all. Becos dey can not give u RP and revoke it, but that is not d problem of embassy it d problem of d insurance company. Jst go wth d photocopy of it tomorrow if it is true @ all.

I found that really offensive. Na because u be my guy I for give u befitting response. So as I old reach, I'll come here to wish bad things upon myself to gain what? For people to pity me or what? You know how much time and money I don invest? U fall my hand bro.
Na me know where d shoe dey pain me sha. No wahala.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
sureb0y:

I found that really offensive. Na because u be my guy I for give u befitting response. So as I old reach, I'll come here to wish bad things upon myself to gain what? For people to pity me or what? You know how much time and money I don invest? U fall my hand bro.
Na me know where d shoe dey pain me sha. No wahala.

Bros no vex I am just wondering now, how possible it is to revoke it. But anyway, pls try and go to mutual benefit tomorrow morning to check it. Pls accept my apologies
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
sureb0y:

I went there myself, I even paid cash! That's the most irritating part.

Pls take it easy..I will suggest you wait for ur passport to be sent back. Wc courier service did u use? Av u tried tracking it? I think the embassy shud v sent u a mail since its an official stuff n not call.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
Omo, I'm currently dragging with Mutual Benefits o. Them sef know say dem don jam mad man. They've promised to take the case up and save the situation with all their power. I'm only hoping for a resolution. I know say e go be one of those mad men for Abuja wan do me strong thing. God pass whoever the person be. I'll wait till tomorrow afternoon/evening again to see whatsup.

make I dey use my vodka dey drown my tension. smiley good night in advance in case I sleep off. I go write again tomorrow.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sureboy...go to the insurance company and raise hell..tell them theyv finished u...Ur academic career is in jeopardy ..Cos they sold u a fake insurance scheme.....threaten them with all the lawyers u can mention...threaten them with media houses....tell them they will pay damages for tarnishing Ur name and hindering Ur future prospects..until they fix this....dnt let them go ohhhh
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
anthochie:
Sureboy...go to the insurance company and raise hell..tell them theyv finished u...Ur academic career is in jeopardy ..Cos they sold u a fake insurance scheme.....threaten them with all the lawyers u can mention...threaten them with media houses....tell them they will pay damages for tarnishing Ur name and hindering Ur future prospects..until they fix this....dnt let them go ohhhh
I support this,
Hold the insurance company for neck o, they must resolve it!
Revoke keh...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 10:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
anthochie:

SECONDED!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by j8ymz: 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2015
@sureb0y
I feel your pain brother! I pray and hope that this palava
get sorted soon because of you travel plan. My lil advice for you Bro, is to ask to see and speak with the branch manager of that company, this is extremely urgent of upmost portal to you. He HAS to provide a writen note/letter address to the embassy confirming your travel H/insurance as genuine and had been issued by them. This, with his direct contact info (if possible) on the letter along with your original receipt should be taken to the embassy as soon as you can (God will provide for you to run & jump over this last huddle). As it's a matter of urgency, no phoning business, you've got to see face to face. And the manager of the insurance company should send a mail to the embassy confirming
your meetings with him and the letter issued to you along with your original receipt.
Stay strong Bro. And be compose with the embassy guys/staff, not necessarily with the insurance folks. After you've receive your RP, they can all do one.
This is just my own little advice/opinion. By God grace you'll come out of this smilling. it shall be well.
Safe!
sureb0y:

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.