Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (954057 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by damsamty16(m): 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
seyipeters: good luck bro.ought to write mine same date,bt changed to 24,i guess it wud stil meet up with d application by jan.which of the schools are u considering? My email is seyipeterson24@yahoo.com. Lets tlk more.best regards...
i have'nt gotten any mail abt my speaking section date bcoz they said it's nt thesame with other sections.like 7days before the actual test date...i wil send u an email now
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by freelance160: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hello guys, Pls I'll need some advice from those that applied with IELTS,
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by freelance160: 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hello guys, Pls I'll need some advice from those that applied with IELTS, can i send a regular photocopy of the certificate to the schools i am applying to, or do i send them the toelf way,thru the british council would really appreciate a response.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
freelance160: Hello guys, Pls I'll need some advice from those that applied with IELTS, can i send a regular photocopy of the certificate to the schools i am applying to, or do i send them the toelf way,thru the british council would really appreciate a response.

You can do both i.e. Send it tru british council and also send a copy ursef.
The IELTS result can be verified online so you can send a copy of it ursef as the sch wld jst verify it online.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by musty001: 11:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
guys,pls x ielts nd toefl compulsory in gaining admission into any free tuition uni. In finland. I was thinking of using a letter from the state ministry 6f edu. Dat says i have a good knowledge of english

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by damsamty16(m): 1:23am On Dec 04, 2013
For those ppl that wrote IELTS lastmonth or this year,plz share ur experience.am writing on dec 12
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
please peeps write pearson its easier and better

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
musty001: guys,pls x ielts nd toefl compulsory in gaining admission into any free tuition uni. In finland. I was thinking of using a letter from the state ministry 6f edu. Dat says i have a good knowledge of english
you must write pearson toefl or ielts in other to study in finland no more no less
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by BinFrank: 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
am in 4d good news juice me pls kiss
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Xion: 11:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
lekibraky: please peeps write pearson its easier and better

It'll do peeps here alot of good, if you can kindly give a bit of your PTE experience, why do you think its easier, how did the test go etc.
I'm sure you passed yours big time
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by emmanuelkim: 8:31am On Dec 05, 2013
seyipeters: they've shifted the ezam to 9th o.bt nonetheless,the result should still meet up with my docs submission.

They have shifted the IELTS Exam to the 9th of December? Please i hope this is not a wrong information?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by damsamty16(m): 9:40am On Dec 05, 2013
emmanuelkim:

They have shifted the IELTS Exam to the 9th of December? Please i hope this is not a wrong information?
it's stil thesame dec7&8.my cousin is writing thesame date..mine is nextweek
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by damsamty16(m): 9:44am On Dec 05, 2013
lekibraky: please peeps write pearson its easier and better
u prepared for it that's y u think it's easy to pass..we're also preparing hard for ielts nd i bliv we will come back here to testify.May God help us all
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hirise: 12:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
freelance160: Hello guys, Pls I'll need some advice from those that applied with IELTS,

Hello nairalanders,
for applicants taking IELTS, just get to the nearest British council office for your textbook. TOEFL and IELTS serves the same purpose. Wish you all good luck.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
seems most schools ain't conducting entrance examinations in Ghana in 2014, Cameroun is the way, so start preparing your bags and baggages.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hi guys, @Dahonestboss, this question is for you pls and I require ur quick response.
Filling my application form, I'm required to state my course units in ECTS, I don't kno hw to go abt this conversion abeg. Pls can u put me tru. Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
Where is everyone gone to? The application window is open and this is the time we're supposed to share info the more. @Dahonestboss, Iceberg54, Amoda84 n everyone, you're all needed here pls.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
Bunmiemich: Where is everyone gone to? The application window is open and this is the time we're supposed to share info the more. @Dahonestboss, Iceberg54, Amoda84 n everyone, you're all needed here pls.

We dey here boss. You can drop your questions.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 19, 2013
Bunmiemich: Hi guys, @Dahonestboss, this question is for you pls and I require ur quick response.
Filling my application form, I'm required to state my course units in ECTS, I don't kno hw to go abt this conversion abeg. Pls can u put me tru. Thanks.
Pls guys, Iceberg54 n everybody, can you help me answer this question quoted above? Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by callygood: 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
Bunmiemich: Hi guys, @Dahonestboss, this question is for you pls and I require ur quick response.

Usually, Finnish ECTS = 26 - 27 hours of work load for 1 ECT. It means, if you have studied for 27 hours, you have achieved 1 ECT. In the case of using Nigerian qualification, the unit of your courses can be used as the number of ECTS you have completed. eg. Cost Account - 4 units (Nigerian qualification), it also means 4 ECTS. It is simple as that.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
Thanks @Callygood; only that I don't understand their statement that 60 ECTS = 1 year study, so 4 years = abt 240 ECTS but my total credit units in school is 170 in total so I don't really know how to equate this to ECTS.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dahfweshdude69: 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
how possible is it?..can someone Please put me through about studying in Finland.. I've tried USA..visa fall my hand...Nah GOD I Dey take beg Una..help a brother
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 21, 2013
Hello all. Nice post. Thanks for the info. You guys have been helpful a lot. Id like to quit my banking job and go for Masters in software engineering or embedded design, most likely in Chalmers university in sweden. This is a summary of the steps I've outlined in doing this. Kindly help correct if I'm wrong cos my deductions were from my study of this post.
I choose a school in Europe either Finland Norway or Sweden . I write ielts since TOEFL has been cancelled in Nigeria.I must have a minimum of 1.5million in my account for residency permit. I must meet a score of 90/92 in my ielts as well. I must also be able to meet other conditions I'm yet to grasp.

My hopes are I'll be able to be earning small change while schooling as well, that racism won't be a serious issue there, language barrier will not hinder opportunities. Amongst others.

I don't know if my assertions are on point.
Thank you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by callygood: 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
Bunmiemich: Thanks @Callygood; only that I don't understand their statement that 60 ECTS = 1 year study, so 4 years = abt 240 ECTS but my total credit units in school is 170 in total so I don't really know how to equate this to ECTS.

Finnish universities expects an applicant to have completed 180 ECTS at bachelor' level before applying for master's programme. 170 units will not be accepted as equivalent of 180 ECTS. If you have completed any supplementary courses, you can add it to your 170 units to make up 180 ECTS.

Another option is to go back to the very beginning of your programme i.e. year 1. Calculate the hours you have spent on each course, both in class and outside class. Write a letter about this which can be attested by the university you have graduated. In Finland, the number of hours spent anywhere doing school assignments, projects or tasks can be regarded as hours of studies.

I'm not sure if this will work but only giving an option for you to try. You can seek better options from people who know more about Finnish application system.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by callygood: 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
dahfweshdude69: how possible is it?..can someone Please put me through about studying in Finland.. I've tried USA..visa fall my hand...Nah GOD I Dey take beg Una..help a brother

http://www.studyinfinland.fi/
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by callygood: 10:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
Phinalphantasy: Hello all. Nice post. Thanks for the info. You guys have been helpful a lot. Id like to quit my banking job and go for Masters in software engineering or embedded design, most likely in Chalmers university in sweden. This is a summary of the steps I've outlined in doing this. Kindly help correct if I'm wrong cos my deductions were from my study of this post.
I choose a school in Europe either Finland Norway or Sweden . I write ielts since TOEFL has been cancelled in Nigeria.I must have a minimum of 1.5million in my account for residency permit. I must meet a score of 90/92 in my ielts as well. I must also be able to meet other conditions I'm yet to grasp.

My hopes are I'll be able to be earning small change while schooling as well, that racism won't be a serious issue there, language barrier will not hinder opportunities. Amongst others.

Thank you

Do not take Finland, Sweden and Norway to be the same. Each country has different immigration requirements for studies.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by uzoexcel(m): 8:37am On Dec 22, 2013
There s a swedish thread also
https://www.nairaland.com/154693/nigerians-sweden-how-economy-life
Also hope u r aware that sweden aint tuition free no more and its almost as expensive as d uk in tuition comparison
Phinalphantasy: Hello all. Nice post. Thanks for the info. You guys have been helpful a lot. Id like to quit my banking job and go for Masters in software engineering or embedded design, most likely in Chalmers university in sweden. This is a summary of the steps I've outlined in doing this. Kindly help correct if I'm wrong cos my deductions were from my study of this post.

Thank you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 23, 2013
@callygood, Thanks bro for your reply; I actually didn't do the conversion, jst inputed my own university's credit units n didn't convert it to ECTS cos I ws confused abt how to go abt it. 4 example, my project work was 6units while projects in ECTS are mostly 30ECTS n above so I jst left it 4 dem 2 do d conversion demselves.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2013
Hi guys, I'm planning on sending my application documents for M.Sc. after the festivities, do I really need to certify my WAEC certificate cos I only included a colour copy of it. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bleexInc(m): 9:37am On Dec 24, 2013
Please, kindly send me the materials
Bof4humanity@yahoo.com
dahonestboss: some few advice for una lol

1. Get ready to hear the world 'mita'' every day in your life here

2. Get ready for grave yard silence inside your building, flat and bus sef

3. Get ready to chop chicken wey soft like foam, and genetically modified food. (chicken cheap pass meat here)

4. Get ready to spend most of your free time on computer ooo (cold de outside)

5. And for my brothers in the house, get ready ooo, Homosexuality legal for here, so de ready to be approached by men for night stands grin

I go tell una more sha if i remember or if una get any fairy tale wey una wan know wink
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by damsamty16(m): 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
have a band of 5.5 in my ielts..plz is it
possible to apply for discretionary
admission?urgent reply please...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by damsamty16(m): 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hey all.
can u guys help me out, i score 5.5 in ielts
now i want to apply for higher studies in
finland, but its quite difficult for me to
finde a college or university accpeting 5.5
bands, can anyone help me out with that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: melicent and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.