Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (956242 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adexbaba010(m): 10:29am On Jul 26, 2016
Different strokes for different folks I will say! Opinion are subject to personal experiences; you can see the cup as half-full or half-empty depending on your perspective.

1. I could be wrong but I'm not sure u could get a perfect boot that soothes Finnish weather in nija (may be Okirika) but why should you carry extra luggage? You could find a better one perhaps in second hand shop here as well or even for free in student storage room.

2. If you are on any medication u should pack as much of those as possible, for over the counter drug; maybe a couple of packet. Prescription drugs; please don't. Student medical service is free of charge..... and local medical centre charges should be covered by your insurance.

3. You wanna buy those jeans bro, they can be very handy. You could get quality jeans at reasonable price here as well if you know the right places to go! But for a start I think you need those nija shirts and jeans before you get integrated into the system.

4. Dont waste you time, money and effort bro. You surely don't know the right spec right now. You could spend fortune to buy a single jacket though if you are a fashionista but cheap and free jacket are also available in the right locations. The weather is what it is, we be nija, deeply pigmented like you and we still de here.

5. Important and sensitive issue! I think the opinion you shared is reasonable.

NB. the above responses are personal, others may have a different view!

cosky:
Okay house... Real mata now...

I thought i should share this. I spoke with a friend of mine in Finland and the advice i got was;

1. Buy boots, boots, and boots because shoes are kinda expensive over there.

2. Buy enough antibiotics, pain killers and malaria tablets and what ever legit medic you can lay your hands on (Boys on codeine abeg oo grin grin ). He says you need a doctors prescription before you can get most of these drugs over there

3. Buy jeans, jeans, T-shirt and T-shirt because they are expensive as well.

4. You can buy jackets from nija but as he said even if you wear four jackets all together your balls will still shrink and your ni**les will get hard grin grin ...lol

5. For jobs...... We have to hope for the best.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
sirkezman:
Guys, if you think your application is taking too long, its better you sent an email/call to migri. My friend did and got a reply today. However, the request for supplement was dated 15.07.2016. so for some unknown reasons, it wasnt in the account!

Sent u a pm.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by epsilonwaves: 6:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
6/20/2016 We have received your application and it is pending.
6/27/2016 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in a processing queue.
6/27/2016 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
7/26/2016 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
7/26/2016 A decision has been made on your application.
7/26/2016 The decision can be read on your user account.
7/26/2016 You have received the decision.
it was GOODNEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOD DID IT...So many tears.....but am happy now... Prayers everywhere!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temmy2008: 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
congratulations bro.

epsilonwaves:
6/27/2016 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in a processing queue.
6/27/2016 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
7/26/2016 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
it was GOODNEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
epsilonwaves:
Congratulations to you bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
epsilonwaves:

Congratulations brother
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
[quote author=PHRANTAD post=47903367]

Sent u a pm.[/qu
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
sirkezman:
Guys, if you think your application is taking too long, its better you sent an email/call to migri. My friend did and got a reply today. However, the request for supplement was dated 15.07.2016. so for some unknown reasons, it wasnt in the account!

Pls what date was ur friend interviewed? Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
epsilonwaves:

Congrats Mr Waves! Go book flight asap o

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by epsilonwaves: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Congrats Mr Waves! Go book flight asap o
pls how do i book flight. where. tell me how you did yours
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mohrolake: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by epsilonwaves: 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
mohrolake:
Congrats bro

What can i say, this forum is the best in all my browsing pilgrimage..
thanks to SCHOOLDROPOUT/DROPIN#Helsinki, JEFFOE, Olabode, Shazz..., and the beautiful ladies in the house.
Thanks for the sincerity in conversations..
in tears of laughter i say thanks...with wet eyes..sniffing nose (hey, epsilonwaves get yourself together grin) , wide smiles..
the waiting was long..i sincere believe i had to combat against demons with my village IP address..(hey can this be verified? oh yes!)
thanks everybody..this is better than Lottery lol!
I pray for others.. GOD WILL DO IT. Amen.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
20 June
emiflex:

Pls what date was ur friend interviewed? Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
congratulations bro!!

epsilonwaves:
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2016
epsilonwaves:

Congrats Baba!!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
epsilonwaves:

What can i say, this forum is the best in all my browsing pilgrimage..
thanks to SCHOOLDROPOUT/DROPIN#Helsinki, JEFFOE, Olabode, Shazz..., and the beautiful ladies in the house.
Thanks for the sincerity in conversations..
in tears of laughter i say thanks...with wet eyes..sniffing nose (hey, epsilonwaves get yourself together grin) , wide smiles..
the waiting was long..i sincere believe i had to combat against demons with my village IP address..(hey can this be verified? oh yes!)
thanks everybody..this is better than Lottery lol!
I pray for others.. GOD WILL DO IT. Amen.

Lol. @dropin

We gather dey noni. We bless God for all! Oya, begin prep
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
epsilonwaves:
pls how do i book flight. where. tell me how you did yours
www.ethiopianairlines.com www.etihad.com or www.wakanow.com I never use www.ajala.ng before
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
epsilonwaves:

CONGRATULATIONS
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 12:17am On Jul 27, 2016
epsilonwaves:
Godwin for you buddy. Congrats and we hopefuls will get positive result
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 5:43am On Jul 27, 2016
Awww congratulations to jkels and espilionwaves. Really happy for you guys!!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 5:47am On Jul 27, 2016
Bosses in Finland, I hear drivers license there could be up to 3,500 euros. I am hearing its also better to get an original Nigerian DL that can be converted over there which should come at a cheaper rate. Pls how true is this? What do you guys advise? Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 5:49am On Jul 27, 2016
Also heard that palm oil is no more allowed. embarassed abeg which Nigerian food stuff is most advisable to carry?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 27, 2016
frankie2K:

Godwin for you buddy. Congrats and we hopefuls will get positive result

Sent u a pm
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 27, 2016
sirkezman:
20 June

Oh! That's really a long time. Thank you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 8:11am On Jul 27, 2016
epsilonwaves:
massive congratulations.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 11:36am On Jul 27, 2016
anniekoko:
Bosses in Finland, I hear drivers license there could be up to 3,500 euros. I am hearing its also better to get an original Nigerian DL that can be converted over there which should come at a cheaper rate. Pls how true is this? What do you guys advise? Thanks

Extremely important... Come with an original diver's License please.

Congrats jkels and epsilonwaves.

To everyone still expecting RP, I wish you all the best.

Anyone going to AALTO here?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by antosco: 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
Congratulations bro.
epsilonwaves:
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
iceberg54:

Hey bro,
Please, did you mean Nigeria DR License Or International DR License?

Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
Demaejy:

Hey bro,
Please, did you mean Nigeria DR License Or International DR License?

Thanks
Nigeria not international
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
Good day great bosses, a friend got a negative response from migri today.
Reason: Sponsors source of funds is not secure
Because he owns only 50% of the shares of d company.
What can she do? Whats d way forward for her?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

www.ethiopianairlines.com www.etihad.com or www.wakanow.com
I never use www.ajala.ng before

Bro, How did you pay for Student Union fee? pls help tomorrow is my deadline. I already opened a domiciliary account with GTB and I have gotten the Euro.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by heanea: 2:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
My appreciation to God all mighty and to everyone on this thread. God bless you all.
@sir iceberg54, i am going to Aalto, otaniemi campus. I am at the moment searching for alternative budget accomodation while awaiting Hoas and Ayy offer as a progamme i applied for will commence in august. I will be most grateful for any advice or assistance from you sir.
iceberg54:

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.