₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,118,857 members, 4,588,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 November 2018 at 01:48 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (543446 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tysamuel: 11:32am On Nov 09
Hafeez89:

My good people in the house,please I want us to have a crictical look at the delay in issuing us the RP by migri this year. Even though it is beyond our jurisdiction as all the authority to grant/deny is vested in their authority. We have people that is now over 4months they did their interview and yet no decision.We the applicant is at the receiving end. I want to suggest we take proactive measure in making our voices heard,I'm thinking Nigerian ministry of foreign affairs can help us contact either migri/embassy on our behalf,or any other suggested agency that can contact them on our behalf.
Lastly,I discussed this delay with one Bangladesh applicant and he told me maybe Finland don't want to welcome 3rd world countries citizens in thier country anymore that is why they are complicating the decision process,cuz all other nationality have been attended to by the same migri and they have started thier studies in Finland. I am writing this piece to awaken us and have a roundtable discussion to reach a consensus on what we can do on our own path because we can't just keep folding our arms and watch as time fly away.
Even if they want to serve us a negative decision,it is better they do so on time so that we can start planning for a fresh application or apply to another country as some of us are having such thought.

I await your kind contribution. May God see us through.

Good day,
I salute your concern and patriotism after reading through your post here on this topic. Please, i will like to ask for your advice and opinion on this sir: I am a graduate of Linguistics (Major) in Nigeria; CGPA of 3.44. And presently, I am willing to process a Masters' Degree in Helsinki, Finland. Which Universities offer courses on Humanities or International Relations there? I am hoping to start my degree there next year 2019. ALSO, are there any scholarship programmes please? Thank you so much.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chaiks: 11:59am On Nov 09
marvin906:

am actually targeting residency before thinking of schooling I checked some of their tuition fees especially aalborg it's quite expensive around 1.6mill per year
wow.thats like 4k euros ba? Aalborg is a high ranked. try push am and if there are scholarships, , that will be fine.i heard Denmark offer tuition waiver before. What's your program amd which schools in finland are you targeting also?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kofoironic: 3:00pm On Nov 09
All of you asking for advice about schools in Finland here, don't you think Google is your best bet? Google your course and be country specific... It always pops up.... Read from page zero of this thread. Most of your questions have been answered. A lot of us here are awaiting decisions since July of this year. Read to know what's up.
tysamuel:

Good day,
I salute your concern and patriotism after reading through your post here on this topic. Please, i will like to ask for your advice and opinion on this sir: I am a graduate of Linguistics (Major) in Nigeria; CGPA of 3.44. And presently, I am willing to process a Masters' Degree in Helsinki, Finland. Which Universities offer courses on Humanities or International Relations there? I am hoping to start my degree there next year 2019. ALSO, are there any scholarship programmes please? Thank you so much.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by NeeYoh(m): 10:39pm On Nov 09
The situation is really disheartening. Your idea is welcomed.

Hafeez89:

My good people in the house,please I want us to have a crictical look at the delay in issuing us the RP by migri this year. Even though it is beyond our jurisdiction as all the authority to grant/deny is vested in their authority. We have people that is now over 4months they did their interview and yet no decision.We the applicant is at the receiving end. I want to suggest we take proactive measure in making our voices heard,I'm thinking Nigerian ministry of foreign affairs can help us contact either migri/embassy on our behalf,or any other suggested agency that can contact them on our behalf.
Lastly,I discussed this delay with one Bangladesh applicant and he told me maybe Finland don't want to welcome 3rd world countries citizens in thier country anymore that is why they are complicating the decision process,cuz all other nationality have been attended to by the same migri and they have started thier studies in Finland. I am writing this piece to awaken us and have a roundtable discussion to reach a consensus on what we can do on our own path because we can't just keep folding our arms and watch as time fly away.
Even if they want to serve us a negative decision,it is better they do so on time so that we can start planning for a fresh application or apply to another country as some of us are having such thought.

I await your kind contribution. May God see us through.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by marvin905(m): 11:36am On Nov 10
chaiks:
wow.thats like 4k euros ba? Aalborg is a high ranked. try push am and if there are scholarships, , that will be fine.i heard Denmark offer tuition waiver before. What's your program amd which schools in finland are you targeting also?

Computer science specifically net admin no interest in Finland buh I do have little interest in Bulgaria and Luxembourg
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chaiks: 1:15pm On Nov 10
oh great. Luxembourg ill be nice.though I v not heard anything about studies there.have you made inquiries concerning Luxembourg?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Gavrelino123: 4:12pm On Nov 10
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tysamuel: 5:15pm On Nov 12
kofoironic:
All of you asking for advice about schools in Finland here, don't you think Google is your best bet? Google your course and be country specific... It always pops up.... Read from page zero of this thread. Most of your questions have been answered. A lot of us here are awaiting decisions since July of this year. Read to know what's up.

thank you man, or is it woman. i understand your condition. i only asked because people there might know better to help prospective students. Thank you once again.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kofoironic: 8:47am
You dey hear word ni? If you like no help yourself by reading up... I am telling you that applications since June have not gotten decisions due to some propaganda going on in Migri. They make us from 3rd world countries wait for months (5 months or more, ask Phrantad, he waited for almost a year) while those from 'good' countries get a decision in 3 weeks.

You dey here dey ask people about schools like say Google no dey, like say the reason why this thread long reach 290 na because we dey talk about egusi soup. Abi na only you waka come ni? All the answers you Seek are on this thread. Read, Oga.

tysamuel:

thank you man, or is it woman. i understand your condition. i only asked because people there might know better to help prospective students. Thank you once again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.