Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (950167 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Marshalynk: 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2019
Please let's talk on WhatsApp bro I'm also an architect and a prospective student.

Walememud01:
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is fine. I got admission into Metropolia university of Applied science in Finland. Resumption time is Oct 1st. So I need direction on visa application. And my study will last just a year because I am an exchange student.

1. I am an architect, a freelancer. I get most of my jobs on fiverr(online freelance). So, my source of fund isn't documented, no pay slip nothing. Just direct transfer from my clients or money exchanger.

Please how do I explain my source of income in this situation.

2. Can I book an appointment before I complete my online visa application?

3. Hope they won't mind if I drop lump sum into the account with proof of sales of property? For my statement of account.

I will be expecting feedbacks. Kindly help a brother in this hustle. My mind and soul is not in Nigeria anymore.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Elolam87(m): 2:51am On Jul 26, 2019
Good morning fellow nairalanders. Pls I intend to further my studies in Finland. I have made couple of research on net, but I need practical experience from people that are in Finland, or that has processed it at one time or the other. I intend to further my studies with Masters or PhD in veterinary medicine,though I already have my masters here. What are the things involved, I learnt there are free tuition school. Like how much do I need to have in my statement of account. How is their visa application and processing, what are the requirements I need to have?
I am new on this thread, I will appreciate if any generous fellow can provide any useful information or link about Finland for me.
Can I work and study over their, Can my wife come to visit me. These and many questions on my mind. Please help me out

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by VirgoP: 9:49am On Jul 26, 2019
Elolam87:
Good morning fellow nairalanders. Pls I intend to further my studies in Finland. I have made couple of research on net, but I need practical experience from people that are in Finland, or that has processed it at one time or the other. I intend to further my studies with Masters or PhD in veterinary medicine,though I already have my masters here. What are the things involved, I learnt there are free tuition school. Like how much do I need to have in my statement of account. How is their visa application and processing, what are the requirements I need to have?
I am new on this thread, I will appreciate if any generous fellow can provide any useful information or link about Finland for me.
Can I work and study over their, Can my wife come to visit me. These and many questions on my mind. Please help me out

I have no idea about how PhD works, studyinfo should help you out in that regard. 6720 euros is needed in your account and you won't be needing visa, its RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR STUDIES that applies to you... kindly visit migri.fi to learn more about the residence permit for studies process.
1. Studyinfo
2. Migri.fi
Read both websites.
Ps: Also read from page one of this thread down to this current page, by the time you are done reading it, you will have better understanding of how Finland works.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Elolam87(m): 11:20am On Jul 26, 2019
Thanks so much for your reply bro.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Kassidy4luv(m): 11:54am On Jul 26, 2019
Hello guys Good afternoon.
I will like to apply for my post graduate studies in Finland, how do I go about that.
Am a Civil Engineer

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by VirgoP: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2019
Kassidy4luv:
Hello guys Good afternoon.
I will like to apply for my post graduate studies in Finland, how do I go about that.
Am a Civil Engineer

Kindly read from page one down to this current page...whatever it is that you dont understand when you are done reading will be answered.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by VirgoP: 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
Elolam87:
Thanks so much for your reply bro.

You are welcome...Please endeavour to read from page one and you'll be glad you did.

Ps: i'm a female
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
VirgoP:

You are welcome...Please endeavour to read from page one and you'll be glad you did.

Ps: i'm a female

shocked Was thinking otherwise

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kanayogod(m): 2:12am On Jul 27, 2019
Elolam87:

Hello,
Response to your questions:

Please I want you to tutor me on this schooling in Finland. I want to know if:-

1. It is certain I would get 100% waiver for the school fee.
Depends on the strength of your application; your statement of purpose/intent, recommendations, previous project work etc
Some program offers living allowance of 620 per month to the students, like in UEF, students of Chemistry, Photonics and Biological Studies get that allowance

2. It is possible to get a stay there legally at the end of your programme after the one year work permit.
Yes and its now 4-year work permit (called Permit Class A)

3. If one can apply for Master's with a Master's degree or it must be with Bachelor's degree.
They mainly require your B.Sc degree but you are free to use your MSc

4. Is this route worth it
Depends what you want at the end of it; staying here or just acquiring the education. At least, you can go anywhere with your student status. Yankee visa thats so hard in Naija, I got for ease here

5. Are you there already?
Yes, Im going to Year 2 of my studies soon

I chose to ask you these cos I need your experience and it seems you are there already. Will appreciate your in depth information.
It might be hard at the beginning, adjusting and all that, but its a stepping stone to other things if you prefer to go other places.

I hope I have been able to answer your questions

Answers to a similar post

6 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kanayogod(m): 2:14am On Jul 27, 2019
Elolam87:

1. The recommendation part, who will recommend me? Or I really don't get it.
Academic lecturers/Staff
Employer/Supervisor(s)

2. Will selling a property to fund the quest not raise a red flag?
Its a red flag because the next year, you will have to sell another property and whats the guarantee there will be another property to sell

3. What happens if you only get your salary or wages in cash(as regards payslip issue)?
Getting a payslip isn't an issue. The issue is the monthly pay won't reflect in your account. You need to have your organisation pay into your account, no embassy will consider that

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kanayogod(m): 2:18am On Jul 27, 2019
Elolam87:

Helpful info:

Your application will determine your scholarship

I will give you the breakdown for coming to Finland:

You need:
1 Admission or acceptance to an institution
2. Your scholarship (percentage will determine how much you will pay)
3. You have to pay the %
4. Apply for residence permit
5. Have 6720 euros to show in your bank acct (if you are awarded 560e living allowance by the university, you don’t need to show 6720_
6. You can be sponsored, but the sponsor MUST transfer the funds to your acct.
7. He or she must show evidence of how that monies was/is earned
8. You also need to have medical/travel insurance

N.B
1. Application fee was 102naira when I applied (I heard its now 106k)
2. Application is now thru VFS
3. No dumping of monies into acct is allowed
4. Same goes for sponsor too

Links to check
google.com
migri.fi

Start looking at schls offering your course of interest
Start writing your SoP/I
Consult your recommenders
Application opens Nov. 1, 2019
Start gathering your materials, certify your docs; go to Ministry of Justice and have it certified
Approach your schl for transcript processing
Have them send the transc directly
Start saving towards that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by VirgoP: 2:35am On Jul 27, 2019
Time2win:

shocked Was thinking otherwise

Like you dont know me undecided undecided undecided
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by VirgoP: 2:39am On Jul 27, 2019
kanayogod:

Helpful info:

You need:
3. You have to pay the %
5. Have 6720 euros to show in your bank acct (if you are awarded 560e living allowance by the university, you don’t need to show 6720_

N.B

Links to check
google.com
migri.fi

Start writing your SoP/I
Start gathering your materials, certify your docs; go to Ministry of Justice and have it certified

At the bolded, its not necessary, none of us did and we got our admissions...
Cc @time2win

4 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 3:16am On Jul 27, 2019
VirgoP:

Like you dont know me undecided undecided undecided

Check your PM
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 3:16am On Jul 27, 2019
VirgoP:

At the bolded, its not necessary, none of us did and we got our admissions...
Cc @time2win

Correct

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Walememud01: 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hi, as regards dumping money into the account.

What if part of the money, let's say 1million naira was transferred from one of my accounts to complete the required amount on my other account.

Any idea?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Frankaka8(m): 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
Does schools in finland also accept softcopy of transcript from higher institutions?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ovielee(m): 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2019
Good day, I want ask if there are schools in Finland that have January admission for Masters and when is the application time?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Elolam87(m): 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
kanayogod:

Hello,
Response to your questions:

Please I want you to tutor me on this schooling in Finland. I want to know if:-

1. It is certain I would get 100% waiver for the school fee.
Depends on the strength of your application; your statement of purpose/intent, recommendations, previous project work etc
Some program offers living allowance of 620 per month to the students, like in UEF, students of Chemistry, Photonics and Biological Studies get that allowance

2. It is possible to get a stay there legally at the end of your programme after the one year work permit.
Yes and its now 4-year work permit (called Permit Class A)

3. If one can apply for Master's with a Master's degree or it must be with Bachelor's degree.
They mainly require your B.Sc degree but you are free to use your MSc

4. Is this route worth it
Depends what you want at the end of it; staying here or just acquiring the education. At least, you can go anywhere with your student status. Yankee visa thats so hard in Naija, I got for ease here

5. Are you there already?
Yes, Im going to Year 2 of my studies soon

I chose to ask you these cos I need your experience and it seems you are there already. Will appreciate your in depth information.
It might be hard at the beginning, adjusting and all that, but its a stepping stone to other things if you prefer to go other places.

I hope I have been able to answer your questions

Thanks so much. I appreciate this
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Rooneyx(f): 11:32pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hello please which school admission is on going now for health science? MSc. Online application or via mail for sending academic certificates??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 6:26am On Jul 28, 2019
kanayogod:

Helpful info:

You need:
3. You have to pay the %

N.B

Links to check
google.com
migri.fi

Start writing your SoP/I

I dey sight you buddy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olatunji1187: 8:28am On Jul 28, 2019
Please my school in Germany want us to have our next two semesters in Matropolia University of Applied Sciences in Finland. I already applied for the study resident permit electronically on enterfinland.fi but don't know how to book an appointment with the consulate in lagos or embassy in Abuja.. Because I'm currently in Nigeria.

Please does anybody have idea on how to book an appointment here?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 8:45am On Jul 28, 2019
olatunji1187:
Please my school in Germany want us to have our next two semesters in Matropolia University of Applied Sciences in Finland. I already applied for the study resident permit electronically on enterfinland.fi but don't know how to book an appointment with the consulate in lagos or embassy in Abuja.. Because I'm currently in Nigeria.

Please does anybody have idea on how to book an appointment here?

http://residencepermits.finland.fi/Nigeria/
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Akpatahan92: 9:52am On Jul 28, 2019
Hello fellow nairalanders, i appreciate the great work you guys are doing here.. Can anyone with experience tutor me on how to go about this
I'm going to Finland primarily for their language preparatory class first of all and i hoping before the end of one year class i might be able to work around better offer as going for masters directly might be too much for me... Do any one here have an idea what it will cost me or if the cost will be almost same as going for masters per year?
I will really appreciate your response
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Akpatahan92: 10:21am On Jul 28, 2019
Nameky123:
I got admission in Slovenia to study slovene language in kopa, duration is 3months,I have my Original WAEC results,my admission letter, sponsorship letter and bank statement from my sponsor,my insurance certificate,my yellow card, flights and hotel reservation, recommendation letter from Imo state house of assembly member,my appointment date is two weeks coming,what's my chances of getting the Visa,pls I need ur advise

Hello dear i really hope by now you are in Slovenia... Pls reply as soon as you got this.. I have a very important question to ask thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by VirgoP: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2019
quote author=Walememud01 post=80682066]Hi, as regards dumping money into the account.

What if part of the money, let's say 1million naira was transferred from [/b]one of my accounts[b] to complete the required amount on my other account.

Any idea? [/quote]

Show the statement of the bolded and proof of how the money got there
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oyatospecial: 11:25am On Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone. Please I will like to know if it's possible to get a fully funded scholarship in Finland. I intend to apply for either Masters or PhD.
I will also like to know the application fee in Naira. Thank you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by VirgoP: 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2019
oyatospecial:
Hi everyone. Please I will like to know if it's possible to get a fully funded scholarship in Finland. I intend to apply for either Masters or PhD.
I will also like to know the application fee in Naira. Thank you

Yes it is depending on your course and institution; most importantly your academic profile

There is no application fee
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Rooneyx(f): 10:06am On Aug 03, 2019
Please MODS is there any school with admission ongoing for health science or management courses, I would like to apply
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by VirgoP: 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2019
Rooneyx:
Please MODS is there any school with admission ongoing for health science or management courses, I would like to apply

No, admissions open November/December (i think) just go to studyinfo and get the necessary info you need and start preparing your documents
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Soleye24(m): 11:57pm On Aug 04, 2019
good evening everyone, I just came across this thread. I studied biochemistry at my undergraduate and I have been searching all the net for fully funded scholarship before coming across Finland. Please who can recommend the institution in Finland that will offer me full scholarship. Also, can I use letter of English proficiency from my university instead of writing exams? Please help me, my soul is no longer in Nigeria only my body is present. I need a step by step procedure. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by VirgoP: 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2019
Soleye24:
good evening everyone, I just came across this thread. I studied biochemistry at my undergraduate and I have been searching all the net for fully funded scholarship before coming across Finland. Please who can recommend the institution in Finland that will offer me full scholarship. Also, can I use letter of English proficiency from my university instead of writing exams? Please help me, my soul is no longer in Nigeria only my body is present. I need a step by step procedure. Thanks

Hi, welcome
Did you read from page one of this thread?

Start your search with " studyinfo" look through the unis and courses, check out the admission requirements, prepare your docs and chill till applications are open.

Some unis offer full scholarships plus stipends, some half and some only tuition alone...Dont ask me for the unis, i wont respond because i dont know all, others can chip in what they know. Read up and come back to ask questions. What you have actually asked up there have been answered on this thread. The advantage of reading this thread from page one is to enlighten you and prepare you for the journey ahead as well as give you a prospective view. Awaiting your call.

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.