Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,546 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (954534 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
ooluseyipa:

@adebasket try and get in touch with them.I sent mine on Monday and I got ther yesterday. That yesterday,UAF mail me dt dey ve processed my application.Though I used Fedex.Try and get in touch wth either the courier service or UAF.Best of luck.

Bros abeg o, how much did it cost u sending ur application via courier (Fedex)?

I never even get chance fill any application form, thank God english language test has been settled.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
olabode89:

Bros abeg o, how much did it cost u sending ur application via courier (Fedex)?

I never even get chance fill any application form, thank God english language test has been settled.

Filling an application can't take 1hr bt take ur time to knw what each application is all abt.Fedex collect 14K.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
uzhi:
@ adebasket, u are welcome and weting u bring for us ?
I mean money no be story o.

Abeg o boss. me sef I be your boy o. na hustling things o chairman
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
ooluseyipa:

@adebasket try and get in touch with them.I sent mine on Monday and I got ther yesterday. That yesterday,UAF mail me dt dey ve processed my application.Though I used Fedex.Try and get in touch wth either the courier service or UAF.Best of luck.

okay bro. will do.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tacha(f): 6:06pm On Jan 09, 2015
Ade I just mailed u...check ur mail box pls
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tacha(f): 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hello housemates, pls when is the next application going to start? I definitely can't meet up with this one cos I have neither ielts nor international passport as at now.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
tacha:
Hello housemates, pls when is the next application going to start? I definitely can't meet up with this one cos I have neither ielts nor international passport as at now.

it's only one round per year for masters application. you have to wait till Nov. you can start preparing now. You may be seeing that time as a long long time but the days are counting.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
tacha:

Next application starts December 1, 2015. In theory, u can still meet up with this ongoing application period/window if 1. You're a very brilliant girl 2. You have money. 3. You are a Manchester United fan.

This is Naija, u can get a passport in 2 days. Den instead of IELTS, someone suggested PTE... result out in 3 days. Go to ur school and offer enough bribe to get ur transcripts ish sorted, to be sent using dhl/fedex. Then your letter of motivation sef go strong well. i'm not sure it's worth the risk tho. Better to prepare for the next round. In case you're wondering what being a Manchester United supporter has got to do with this: nothing. It just pays to be a Manutd fan. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by baldlarry(m): 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
Greetings to all my fellow Nigerians, I am interested in the topic of this forum. Finland is a good country and a place to be. Apart from being tuition free EU state it`s a country which opportunities are abound. I have been there severally and know exactly what am talking about.

----As a student u can work part-time and if the work is consistent for 2 years consecutively and you earn 1,200euros on the average,you are entitled to invite your spouse,family ,etc
----- Secondly,your spouse would be entitled to government benefits
------ Additionally,you can become a Finnish citizen within 8 years provided you fulfill the requirements.
Lastly,as you all know education is FREE but there might likely introduction of tuition fee for international students by 2016 (Debate is still on )

WARNING : Finnish are very resolute when it comes to abiding to their rules and laws and no form of FRAUD is pardonable,allowed or acceptable so do not even think of it. Finland,I guess is the best in IT in the EU.

SAD NEWS :Nigerians living Nigeria cannot apply for undergraduate studies.For masters am not equipped with INFO on that...

HINT: Most universities in Germany are TUITION FREE for Masters while a few for Bsc. Check out for Iceland also,some schools are TUITION FREE.
If you a Nigerian abroad and already have your language test(TOEFL or IELTS) READY,U can contact me on how to apply.Some schools are very competitive. Eg,Haaga- Helia,Diaconia,Laurea,etc....
Admission is still on and closes January 27th and submission of documents must reach Finland by February 10th,2015..
Goodluck brothers and sisters!!!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cjeriia: 6:32am On Jan 10, 2015
Seems no one is interested in the finnish undergraduate programme whose application is currently running. Na only masters people dey run d show here now. Abi everybody just dodge since dem hear say entrance exam na only 4 Kenya. Lol..!!! ;DSeems no one is interested in the finnish undergraduate programme whose application is currently running. Na only masters people dey run d show here now. Abi everybody just dodge since dem hear say entrance exam na only 4 Kenya. Lol..!!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cjeriia: 6:33am On Jan 10, 2015
baldlarry:
Greetings to all my fellow Nigerians, I am interested in the topic of this forum. Finland is a good country and a place to be. Apart from being tuition free EU state it`s a country which opportunities are abound. I have been there severally and know exactly what am talking about.

----As a student u can work part-time and if the work is consistent for 2 years consecutively and you earn 1,200euros on the average,you are entitled to invite your spouse,family ,etc
----- Secondly,your spouse would be entitled to government benefits
------ Additionally,you can become a Finnish citizen within 8 years provided you fulfill the requirements.
Lastly,as you all know education is FREE but there might likely introduction of tuition fee for international students by 2016 (Debate is still on )

WARNING : Finnish are very resolute when it comes to abiding to their rules and laws and no form of FRAUD is pardonable,allowed or acceptable so do not even think of it. Finland,I guess is the best in IT in the EU.

SAD NEWS :Nigerians living Nigeria cannot apply for undergraduate studies.For masters am not equipped with INFO on that...

HINT: Most universities in Germany are TUITION FREE for Masters while a few for Bsc. Check out for Iceland also,some schools are TUITION FREE.
If you a Nigerian abroad and already have your language test(TOEFL or IELTS) READY,U can contact me on how to apply.Some schools are very competitive. Eg,Haaga- Helia,Diaconia,Laurea,etc....
Admission is still on and closes January 27th and submission of documents must reach Finland by February 10th,2015..
Goodluck brothers and sisters!!!
Guy why not poste d steps for applying here. Xcept u have a sinister motive
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tacha(f): 10:02am On Jan 10, 2015
@sureboy, of course am a man utd fan tongue. The main ish I have is money tho...I just stumbled on this thread this week and I had no plans whatsoever on doing any of this stuff..I don't actually come from a very rich family so I have to tell them well ahead of time...thanks for ur advice tho...I will just chill till year ending and prepare ahead...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goldpeas(m): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2015
I am Happy for this thread

can I apply for a masters programme with an HND with a CGPA of 2.77 on a scale of 4.0??

if It's possible, what should be the necessary steps??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by baldlarry(m): 11:15am On Jan 10, 2015
I do not have a sinister motive whatsoever. As I can see here that no one is interested in undergraduate Finnish program then I wil try to get some piece of information about GERMANY AND ICELAND. But for who are still interested and are living in EU states like i am,here is what you need

site for applying : www.studyinfo.fi

Then for Germany and Iceland masters level pls visit this site,email them and you see the requirements in reply to your email within 2 working days

http://english.hi.is/ ( iceland)
http://www.fh-fulda.de/
https://www.b-tu.de/ ( TUITION FREE @ BSC LEVEL,ONLY U HAVE TO PAY semester fee : 233,40€)
http://www.hs-augsburg.de/
http://www.uas-landshut.com/
I hope this piece of information would be of help to you all...Good-luck and see you soon in Europa
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 10, 2015
Goldpeas:
I am Happy for this thread

can I apply for a masters programme with an HND with a CGPA of 2.77 on a scale of 4.0??

if It's possible, what should be the necessary steps??

To answer your question, you can't... It's not possible. HND is not a prerequisite (is that even the right word? Lol... make me sef speak grammar). for Master's, u need a university degree for all the courses while all u need is your O'level cert/result for undergrad.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 10, 2015
tacha:
@sureboy, of course am a man utd fan tongue. The main ish I have is money tho...I just stumbled on this thread this week and I had no plans whatsoever on doing any of this stuff..I don't actually come from a very rich family so I have to tell them well ahead of time...thanks for ur advice tho...I will just chill till year ending and prepare ahead...

"Tell them well ahead of time" says Daddy's girl. Not sure anyone of us is from "a very rich family" that's why we're going to finland and not Yankee, Canada or the UK. Best option is to chill and plan den. You should be fine by December with everything u need to do and it's gon' be much easier for you den. Planning is everything. Good to know u're a fan. you'll be okay.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by abbeyseto1(m): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
I've finally sent my 2 applications via dhl... my only fear is school transcript which is to be sent by nipost registered mail. I hope nipost won't activate their "mess mode" sha. I wish everyone in my shoes good luck.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
I wrote my IELTS test today,it Ws ok bt am nt too sure i wil do well,cos of little or no preparation,considering d time frame,d result should b out by 23rd, wat if i dnt do well cry cry....na to register for PTE sure pass(ThankGod for NYSC allowee) which ever1 i do well,dats wat i would use for my application.

Although,wat I did was copy all d questions for d different programs and schools in MS word,then would copy and paste wen I am ready.

wat do u guys think?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
kissmylips:
I wrote my IELTS test today,it Ws ok bt am nt too sure i wil do well,cos of little or no preparation,considering d time frame,d result should b out by 23rd, wat if i dnt do well cry cry....na to register for PTE sure pass(ThankGod for NYSC allowee) which ever1 i do well,dats wat i would use for my application.

Although,wat I did was copy all d questions for d different programs and schools in MS word,then would copy and paste wen I am ready.

wat do u guys think?

Don't worry u will pass, after writing PTE Acad i thought i was going to mess up big time. Funny enough i did very well, scored perfect (90/90) in d writing section even though i didn't finish my essay. So just chill joor, God is in control

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by baldlarry(m): 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
@ kissmylips,I wish you all the best .Let your hopes be high and be positive.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by baldlarry(m): 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
@ Abbeyseto1, I wish all u all d best. And for your transcript to be sent by your school via NIPOST REGISTERED MAIL will be delivered and it`s also trackable i guess, though they misbehave sometimes but worry less. Nipost has once surprised me with 7 working days delivery to Finland..Goodluck !!!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
abbeyseto1:
I've finally sent my 2 applications via dhl... my only fear is school transcript which is to be sent by nipost registered mail. I hope nipost won't activate their "mess mode" sha. I wish everyone in my shoes good luck.

Bro!!! You should have used dhl for the transcript too... expensive I know, but u should have or at least EMS. Nipost can mess things up. CAN not WILL. I called Nipost and made enquiries, the woman who spoke to me told me not to use Nipost for my transcript cos of time. She said EMS is like 4k. Goodluck anyway... pray they don't activate their mess mode cos Naija dey full of shit. God will touch their hearts for ur sake.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
kissmylips:

wat do u guys think?

Although I didn't go to the test centre with you or know what you wrote down, your pessimism is a bit disappointing. Maybe you're just being realistic but... come on! 40k is not beans and u're quickly suggesting another 40k for PTE. that's allowee for 2 months! Money for brand new white blackberry Q10 factory unlocked. Learn how to be positive. if truly u didn't do the test well, it's not just about paying another 40k for PTE, it's about preparing for it while u wait for the IELTS score. God is in control tho. I like the fact that u have a plan B. The pessimism just got to me cos 40k is big money to me ooo. God go do am. I wish u all the best. I didn't quite get the "copy all the questions and paste in Ms word" part, what were u trying to say? It's confusing

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goldpeas(m): 6:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
sureb0y:

To answer your question, you can't... It's not possible. HND is not a prerequisite (is that even the right word? Lol... make me sef speak grammar). for Master's, u need a university degree for all the courses while all u need is your O'level cert/result for undergrad.

funny But sad... Thanks all the Same..

I guess NOUN cert. will be accepted? I am about applying
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by abbeyseto1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
Thanks @baldlarry for the encouragement.

@surebOy amen bro. Thanks... I no get the 4k ni jare, I for even don send am via same Dhl.
Anyway, I'm positive. Nothing I fit do at least for now.

Guys, you can also try out Norway.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by baldlarry(m): 12:18am On Jan 12, 2015
Norway is good but the problem with Norway is that you will need to transfer money meant for self funding which wil amount to 8M to the institution and an account would be open for you on your arrival to the school.This is the only way to secure Norway student visa

abbeyseto1:
Thanks @baldlarry for the encouragement.

@surebOy amen bro. Thanks... I no get the 4k ni jare, I for even don send am via same Dhl.
Anyway, I'm positive. Nothing I fit do at least for now.

Guys, you can also try out Norway.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cjeriia: 7:04am On Jan 12, 2015
baldlarry:
Norway is good but the problem with Norway is that you will need to transfer money meant for self funding which wil amount to 8M to the institution and an account would be open for you on your arrival to the school.This is the only way to secure Norway student visa

aah aah.. Bros U can lie ooooo
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by uzhi(m): 8:06am On Jan 12, 2015
@ kissmylips1, people like u always have good result. I was carried away for like 2mins during my listening test and forgot to answer ip to 10 or 12 questions in my writing, yet i got 6.5. Am so sure that God will surprise u.
But if reverse is d case and u seriously need to rewrite the exam, i promise u 5k.
U guys should pray fir me too o cos i used registered nipost for all my applications too. Both estonia and finland except for my first transcript to estonia.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 12, 2015
baldlarry:

You're right about having to send money to Norway but 8m? Lol... that's enough to become a Landlord here, own a car and start a lowkey life here in Naija. It's actually about 2.5 - 3m that's required to be sent to Norway. The Norwegian Master's application period closed on d 1st of December 2014. I have 4 applications but I'm not even looking forward to the results co the 3m is a whole lot of money.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 12, 2015
uzhi:
@ kissmylips1, people like u always have good result. I was carried away for like 2mins during my listening test and forgot to answer ip to 10 or 12 questions in my writing, yet i got 6.5. Am so sure that God will surprise u.
But if reverse is d case and u seriously need to rewrite the exam, i promise u 5k.
U guys should pray fir me too o cos i used registered nipost for all my applications too. Both estonia and finland except for my first transcript to estonia.

Lol @ I promise u 5k. I almost used Nipost but when I remembered the naija factor and how unsettled it would make me (having to worry about delivery) I decided to use dhl. Delivery was in 3 days. I have a friend who's a member of dhl's staff, so I paid 10k instead of 14. If by 4 days to the application deadline, u still never see/hear anything, arrange your application(s) again and send using dhl to be on d safe side. Unless u're ready to wait another year. Just my opinion.m

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.