Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:59 PM

"Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" (30351 Views)

Broad Day Night / Robbery In Broad Daylight / 'Justice Has Been Kidnapped' - Poem By Efe Paul Azino (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by BossLadyDiana(f): 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2012
"Now, I will give you another type of flogging oya pull your cloth; I say remove all your clothes" he yelled at me.

At that instant the events of the day began to replay in my subconscious as I trembled before the kidnapper in that dark forest
"I wouldn't be there if only I had listened"
I thought to myself, I had woken up that fateful morning feeling all uneasy but with no premonition of what the day had in stock for me,I took a nap in the afternoon in a bid to prepare for a journey I had to embark on much later. As a final year student of the great Uniben I needed to sign some documents to facilitate the payment of my state bursary in other to benefit from the scheme when money was being paid to all Delta state indigenes by the state government; little did I know that embarking on that journey from Benin Edo state to a neighbouring Delta state for a paltry sum of 19,500 was about to cost me my life.

Shortly before I embarked on the journey I placed a call to my folks at home to hint them on my proposed trip,I remember the tone of my father's voice when he asked me repeatedly

"Diana, must you travel today, is there no way you can go about it without having to travel? I am not just comfortable with this your trip"

"based on who I be"
as a typical uniben chick is bound to say,I gave him a thousand and one reasons why I had to go, convincing him and trying to discard any fear he nursed regarding my trip but deep inside me I knew all of my persistence boiled down to the fact that I didn't want to miss out on my own share of the national cake when it would eventually be paid, so armed with my bursary form I bid my friends and room mates good bye and hit the road .

Few minutes after I left school, I discovered I left my phone behind and had to go back for it; I remembered my room mates teasing me on it and suggesting that forgetting to go with my phone,was a major sign for me to stay back and spend the night with them; but just like the proverbial stubborn fly billed for destruction I disregarded the warning with a wave of the hand smiling at them again I stubbornly hurried away.

The journey to delta state was smooth;I enjoyed the view and landscape as I stared out of the window marvelled at the beauty of my country Naija the land was really green I thought to myself; at exactly 5:43 minutes after I saw a sign board with a bold inscription, "Welcome to Delta State" we arrived Asaba the capital city; my first port of call was the home of my uncle who lived there with his family, because I intended going very early the next morning to carry out the functions which brought me to the state.

Following the description which he gave to me, I strolled down to the bike park which had loads of bikes and settled for one after battling with an array of other bike men trying to lure me, I settled on the bike after he billed me,while on the journey I can remember how we chatted on and on about anything which caught the bike man's fancy he kept dishing out tales after tales calling me "aunty" at every slight opportunity;I noticed while we rode he kept stealing glances at me through his side mirror I didn't see it as weird; everyone likes to steal occasional glances at a fine babe, let him keep thrilling himself, while the ride lasted I reasoned feeling pretty, that was one of my major undoing as I later found out that he used the mirror to monitor my countenance and know if i suspected any foul play, dear me however just kept cool, wearing my ever present smile, 15mins into the journey I was amazed at how a journey which took about 5mins riding in my uncle's car way back, was suddenly taking a longer time,I confirmed from him if he heard me well and if he still remembered the description I gave,he discarded my fears telling me he had to take a longer route as all the major roads were under construction,I had no qualms doubting him as tractors adorned most of the streets we passed by;after another few minutes of bike ride we started approaching a lonely part;even though I was a stranger in asaba I knew that route we took didn't in any way look like the road we plied the 1st and only time I visited Asaba two years back;he assured me that after the part we were riding in, we would ride out and link to the main road.

At that point I become some what jittery,as we rode further into a more deserted region he greeted a mad man who passed by us and that singular action raised my suspicion

"bros I hail oh"
the bike man greeted, who ever hails a mad man I thought to myself at that point in time I decided to put an end to the journey; pay him off and probably call my uncle to come pick me up from wherever we were.
I asked him for the second time
"Bros are you sure you still remember where we are going to"

The next thing I heard him say in a very stern voice, a lot different from the voice he used to gist with me initially when we started the journey,
he barked out just like a mad bull dog

"would you sharrap your mouth there"

at that point in time I refused to accept what my mind told me, using the survival instinct with my frail body I struggled hard on the bike but he rode on a very high speed going deeper and deeper into the forest, after riding into the deepest part of a strange forest he stopped the bike came down and flung a deafening slap across my face; that was the last straw I didn't need a prophet to tell me what was overly obvious,I had been kidnapped..........

(To be continued).

1 Like

Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Theyjih: 9:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
.. Woosh that slap tho' embarassed embarassed embarassed.. thank God u 're alive to tell the tale... abeg rush baq come nack we tory...
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by bbporsche: 9:43pm On Oct 04, 2012
Waiting 4 part 2
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by pearlhapi(f): 3:58am On Oct 05, 2012
Eagerly waitin for the continuation
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Rocktation(f): 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
Oh my...
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Ujuamara(f): 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
I tink dat slap made u unconcious ryt?? undecidedI tink dat slap made u unconcious ryt??
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by soshao: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2012
Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that.[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/pc.gif[/img]
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by BossLadyDiana(f): 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
The gravity of his hot slap was strongly felt on my fair cheek Instantaneously,like one under a spell still seated on the bike I searched my handbag & brought out every single item I considered valuable my purse, Jewelleries,even the little cash scattered around my bag were all out. He asked in his sudden signature harsh tone "you sure say nothing dey dis bag because if i check and i see say something dey your own don finish"

Obeying his instruction I ransacked every nook and cranny in my bag i looked at him in fright, unable to speak, he yanked the bag off my hand saw my gold necklace safely tucked in a small zipper, that little oversight was my undoing as he asked in a rather rhetorical manner, "I think you say nothing remain inside the bag,oya come down from the machine".

I shivered as he said that not knowing what to expect as he held his phone close to his ear like one trying to make a call. At that instant, the james bond spirit came upon me again as I took to my heels running as fast as my legs could carry me hoping to get help fast, I expected him to run after me but surprisingly I heard no racing foot step behind me while runing, I thought; that was the miracle I anticipated from God until I arrived at the end of the foot path where we were and right before me where three junctions I didnt know where any of the path led to as each step I took seemed to go deeper & deeper into the thick forest.

Of my own free will, just like a prodigal daughter I raced back to my kidnapper concluding he was my messiah at that point in time he looked at me and laughed out loud like the devil himself "you wan lun abi, you dey lun" (he meant to say run) you don die finish your own don finish while saying that he plucked out two branches from a tree,with which he caned me the first strip of the cain on my arms made me envisage the possible difference between heaven and hell as
he flogged the living day lights out of me alternating between the two canes...........................

( to be concluded)

3 Likes

Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Rocktation(f): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2012
#can't wait
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Splendblex(f): 1:05am On Dec 16, 2012
Still waiting 4 moreeee!
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Idowuogbo(f): 1:21am On Dec 16, 2012
Omg!!! shocked shocked
* following*
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Oahray: 1:38am On Dec 16, 2012
Hmmm...
I use una hall2 porters take beg you come finish the story.
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 16, 2012
damn....some peeps we see got human skin but a killer heart...aliens in human flesh...glad you're alive to tell thud story
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by ladeski: 1:54am On Dec 18, 2012
Boss lady diana

Last week before christmas na

Oya come finish ya tory.

Hungry dey hungry us
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Switup: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2012
Ddddddaaaaaammmmmnnnn!!! Please come out of the bloom and complete this, would you.... It's a thriller and me likey likie
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Rocktation(f): 7:13pm On Dec 18, 2012
Trust Diana to come back one year later.. undecided.

The second part's kinda rushed.
#literary criteria watch.
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by olulu(m): 9:21am On Dec 19, 2012
BossLadyDiana: The gravity of his hot slap was strongly felt on my fair cheek Instantaneously,like one under a spell still seated on the bike I searched my handbag & brought out every single item I considered valuable my purse, Jewelleries,even the little cash scattered around my bag were all out. He asked in his sudden signature harsh tone "you sure say nothing dey dis bag because if i check and i see say something dey your own don finish"

Obeying his instruction I ransacked every nook and cranny in my bag i looked at him in fright, unable to speak, he yanked the bag off my hand saw my gold necklace safely tucked in a small zipper, that little oversight was my undoing as he asked in a rather rhetorical manner, "I think you say nothing remain inside the bag,oya come down from the machine".

I shivered as he said that not knowing what to expect as he held his phone close to his ear like one trying to make a call. At that instant, the james bond spirit came upon me again as I took to my heels running as fast as my legs could carry me hoping to get help fast, I expected him to run after me but surprisingly I heard no racing foot step behind me while runing, I thought; that was the miracle I anticipated from God until I arrived at the end of the foot path where we were and right before me where three junctions I didnt know where any of the path led to as each step I took seemed to go deeper & deeper into the thick forest.

Of my own free will, just like a prodigal daughter I raced back to my kidnapper concluding he was my messiah at that point in time he looked at me and laughed out loud like the devil himself "you wan lun abi, you dey lun" (he meant to say run) you don die finish your own don finish while saying that he plucked out two branches from a tree,with which he caned me the first strip of the cain on my arms made me envisage the possible difference between heaven and hell as
he flogged the living day lights out of me alternating between the two canes...........................

( to be concluded)

Hi Diana,

I did the mistake of sending this story to my mailing list and now they are on my neck for the concluding part.
Kindly update so I can breathe easy again.
Many thanks.
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2012
olulu:
Hi Diana,

I did the mistake of sending this story to my mailing list and now they are on my neck for the concluding part.
Kindly update so I can breathe easy again.
Many thanks.

without permision; i guess ? sad sad sad
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by adonisyung(m): 8:26pm On Dec 19, 2012
Just tell us you are æ writer and we will understand...stop cooking lies....

4 Likes

Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2012
cant believe u ran back to him. . .looks weird to me. . .or perhaps u heard ur blackberry ping tone and went back to check if it was 190-the-clown cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by 50calibre(m): 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
Hey please where is the conclusion? Please do post it ASAP.

Women and even men need to pay more attention and be focused at all times so as to detect when things goes awry. Too much gisting and over familiarity with strangers should be a no-no, as a matter of fact, everybody should be treated as a potential suspect until proven otherwise

This should be the mindset of a Nigerian who wants to survive

6 Likes

Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by abdulkayus(m): 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2012
Is this a story or real life experience?

Omo mehnnnn, c crowd. 9ja lyk hearin weird news.
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by anibau(m): 8:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
Oga Seun dey even enjoy the story sef
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by hayoakins(m): 8:52pm On Dec 19, 2012
Hi Diana, if you don't want to be kidnapped for the second time, come and complete this your thriller with immediate alacrity.
Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by hayoakins(m): 9:00pm On Dec 19, 2012
Diana, my instinct tells me, you are a writer and not a survivor cos I can't just believe a supposed victim running back to the kidnapper after escaping (Na jazz?)..the victim would rather die of wandering in the forest than run back to the kidnapper.

In conclusion, this is a creative work and not a real story.

However, don't forget to conclude it as I anxiously wait to know how the character called Diana escaped.

7 Likes

Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Andrew3(m): 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2012
come and finish it ooo angry angry angry angry angry angry

**grabs pepsi and popcorn** cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
hayoakins: Hi Diana, if you don't want to be kidnapped for the second time, come and complete this your trailer with immediate alacrity.

Na real trailer...olodo lol

2 Likes

Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by gratiaeo(m): 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
ojuikwu: igbos plenty 4 prison like goat.well na thier hand work push those thives rogues 2 life in jail.make them die finished for jail bcuz na their second home.burn animal.that produce animal 4 earth
Who is this big black IDIOT
i had that your Oba's are rapist

1 Like

Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by gratiaeo(m): 9:20pm On Dec 19, 2012
ojuikwu: igbo with bad mind but.nigerian has taking them for fools.ande slaves.tank god 4 putting entire igbos 4 shame
SHAME ON YOU FOOL

1 Like

Re: "Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" by FXKing2012(m): 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2012
i go vex comot here if u no finish this ur true-life story now now

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cross Roads / Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It / From PHCN, With Love……

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.