Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again (55153 Views)

The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's / Current Nigerian Soap Operas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 05, 2012
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by nenepea(f): 8:59am On Oct 05, 2012
My list:
Rent A Ghost
Some mother do have 'em( frank spencer)
Mind your Language
Mixed blessings (the British sitcom about a black& white couple)
Hammer House of Horror (verrrry Scary!
Casper and Friends
Different world
Family Matters
In da house
Footsteps
The Jeffersons

1 Like

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 05, 2012
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Joey82(m): 9:01am On Oct 05, 2012
my best time on local TV was in the 90s and the best soaps I watched were
the lady of the rose,
wild rose and
maria de los angeles

in that order, nowadays one is too busy with cnn, super sports and the likes.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by AyaSammy(f): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2012
Huuuuuuuuummmm, wish one can turn back the hand of time, those days, you dont want to miss any of the soap on tv for anything, it's cool to remember anyway.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Harmonyemerald(f): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2012
Here is my own list....................
1,when you are mine
2, Rebbeca
3 lorenzo's wife
4 the garden's daughter
5, i need to know,
6, Binta and friends, and many others
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 05, 2012
Joey82: my best time on local TV was in the 90s and the best soaps I watched were
the lady of the rose,
wild rose and
maria de los angeles

in that order, nowadays one is too busy with cnn, super sports and the likes.
You can say that again. We had limited TV stations but we loved watching TV. we only knew NTA and LTV8
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by emilyone(f): 9:09am On Oct 05, 2012
secret of the sand and wild rose was the in thing in the mid 90s cheesy giving me nostalgia
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 05, 2012
Harmony-emerald:
Here is my own list....................
1,when you are mine
2, Rebbeca
3 lorenzo's wife
4 the garden's daughter
5, i need to know,
6, Binta and friends, and many others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH_hYdwIY-U

Luisa Fernanda Pérez / young Amelia Alcántara
Carlos Eduardo Gómez Ruíz
Pedro Pérez
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by megxo(m): 9:10am On Oct 05, 2012
folafola: here is my list
ARELU
OMO ARAYE LE
KUNTA KUNTE
WILLY WILLY ibo play on ghost
THINGS FALL APART
TALES BY MOONLIGHT
IFA OLOKUN
OMO ARAYE LE
IYA ITUNU A XSTIAN PLAY WITH PILE RERE

THE MASQUERADE
EFE with baba Ijesa on NTA
KOGUN MAJA
AKARA OOGUN
AWADA KERIKERI
FAST MAN
VILLAGE HEADMASTER
OMO INU OKU
SPIDER MAN
VOTRON
DO YOUR THING (INCREDIBLE HULK)lol
WILD WILD ANIMALS
KOTO ORUN
AND MORE I CANNOT SPELL RIGHTLY EG CHESTEMESTRY?
amma opt 4 VOLTRON N SAMURAI X anytym wink
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by ayaba(f): 9:11am On Oct 05, 2012
Everyone as forgotten Passion
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 05, 2012
megxo: amma opt 4 VOLTRON N SAMURAI X anytym wink
Voltron the defender of the universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E796cjH-YeY
King Loto
Lance
Hunk
Sky Marshall Wade, Manse
Pidge
Keith Kogane
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by jeddyMay(f): 9:15am On Oct 05, 2012
chucky234: Passion was shown on AIT for three years running,the station grew tired of the soap that's they ditched it into waste bin.
lol

I CALLED AIT THEN, WHAT I WAS TOLD WAS "THEY ARE ON LOCATION"
I BELEIVE DEM STILL DEY LOCATION undecided
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by azpekuliar: 9:18am On Oct 05, 2012
Famous Five... smiley
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by esn1(f): 9:22am On Oct 05, 2012
'No one but you' and Checkmate.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by esn1(f): 9:24am On Oct 05, 2012
'No one but you' and 'Checkmate'
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Cuddlemii: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2012
igbsam:
Passions you mean ? Where you have Sheridan, Miguel, Chad, Beth, Timmy, The wicked Miss Tabitha and the likes of other as the cast. Used to go crazy for this Soap Opera

Yes, thanks. Thats the one that had one obsessive cute girl who wanted a guy at all cost
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by landinfo: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2012
@topic
Mehn the best has alwayz bin' No One But You' evun d 1st soap opera: 'The Rich Also Cry' cannot & wil neva b compared 2 it @tobi can u rememba dat d 2nd soap on dat stupid network(nta) waz :No 1 But U
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by landinfo: 9:33am On Oct 05, 2012
ayaba: Everyone as forgotten Passion
dat is a recent prog na
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by landinfo: 9:37am On Oct 05, 2012
SIR BANYE: New masquerade was the bomb, the opening song was sensational. I would never forget Clarus, giringori, zebudaya, natty and the rest. Shows like that was what made growing up in the 80s and 90s golden. Not forgetting sunday rendavous with limca and goldspot, then nigerians had sometin to dance about every sunday afternoon after church. Damn I miss those good old days.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by SpruceDrinks: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2012
Will never forget PASSIONS
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Cuddlemii: 9:40am On Oct 05, 2012
nenepea: My list:
Different world
Family Matters

Lolz, I remember steve urkel....did I do that.

All those Breakfast Television programs that were done on Saturdays on NTA channel 5 or so. Power rangers, Something about Rags to riches et all
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by ayandee: 9:41am On Oct 05, 2012
"behind the clouds". Who remembers Nosa, Efe and Bayo?
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2012
SECRETS OF THE SAND
PASSIONS
TALES FROM THE CRYPT
TALES BY MOONLIGHT(not a soapy though)
P.S. I LOVE YOU
FAMOUS FIVE
GOOSE BUMPS
ITS A DIFFERENT WORLD

MI FAVOURITES

And of course....BARNEY AND FRIENDS, SOME MOTHERS DO HAVE THEM!
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by mallorca(m): 9:45am On Oct 05, 2012
Things fall apart
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Hobbynarh: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2012
TALES BY THE MOONLIGHT
FUJI HOUSE OF COMMOTION
PAPA AJASCO
BINTA MY DAUGHTER
WHEN U AR MINE
EVERY DAY PEOPLE
PALACE
SUNSET BEACH
PASSIONS
THINGS FALL APART
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Cuddlemii: 10:03am On Oct 05, 2012
Johhny Bravo- Whats were those jargons that guy used as a pick up line that time. I can remember the "Hey mama" part.
The Flintstones- yabadabadoo
Powerpuff girls
Pinky & brain - same thing we do every night pinky...try to take over the world
Dexter's Lab
popeye
And of course Tom and Jerry

Kiddies Vision101 - Denrele was so normal then.
Speak out- speak out for nigeria, speak for all to hear
sunday rendezvous - dt dancing show, i never missed it
Nkan nbe - I used to like the way the host sighed....hmm nkan nbe. ha nkan nbe

1 Like

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by chagga(m): 10:06am On Oct 05, 2012
Behind the Cloud ended when Nosa died, the rich also cry, No one but u, Lady of the rose etc
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Afam4eva(m): 10:12am On Oct 05, 2012
toba: SEcret of the sand was one of my best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IGOSqeLW9Y&feature=related
I loved Secret of the Sand too...My favourite characters were Ruth, Anonio, Chiken legs, Mr Donato, My Virgilo....

I also loved Paloma(what's the name again?)
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by blackwall(m): 10:23am On Oct 05, 2012
THE MASQUERADE, SPIDER MAN,TALES BY MOONLIGHT,CHECKMATES, SUPER STORY And ANGEL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Mike 'Tacha Has Body Odour' / Eric Took Advantage Of My Weakness - Lilo / BBNaija: Nina Confronts Miracle For Telling Other Housemates They Had Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.