Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped (9482 Views)

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. / Parents Of Girl Who Kidnapped Herself Disown Her.(pic) / True Confession: I Caught My Uncle’s Wife Having Sex With The Gateman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by jumsnarol: 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2012
I never knew this could happen to my family. When I read about kidnapping I always felt it can't happen to me but unfortunately my uncle was kidnapped on sat night in lag n up till now he hasn't returned. The kidnapper asked for 50M ransom. But what surprises me d most is dat dis man is not a politician nor a business man he just a regular everyday common man. So where dis people are expecting us to get such huge amt is beyond me. The police are not even helping matters because so far I ave not seen what dey are doing. And this people gave us tonite as dead line to pay or forget him and wen we were given the chance to speak to him all he said is that "pls do sometin fast am dying here" right now we are so confused n don't even no ow to go about it. They only make contact with my uncle's phone n switch off immediately after use. Pls house does any1 ave a useful info on ow to go abt dis without loosing my uncle cos we ave no 50M and they are nt willing to come down on their demand meanwhile ave not seen any tangible attempt by d NPF to rescue him. And if by chance the kidnappers happen to read this, pls I beg u release my uncle he doesn't have such amount.
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2012
This is serious.. Your uncle lives Lagos?
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by jumsnarol: 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2012
Yes he lives in lagos and was kidnapped in lagos on saturday night. We were called by d kidnappers to pick up his car in isolo and we ave.
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by ifyalways(f): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
There's virtually nothing anyone here can do for you, just go to God!!!

I pray he's released soon and in one piece.

Take heart.
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by Olumide31: 11:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
Your situation is pathetic nd i feel sorry for your famly.Ur famly has to pray hard to God nd possiby plead wit d kidnapers to bring down d money to d bearest.D kidnapers knew dey wil get somtin frm him b4 geting him at all.At dis point u need d police so much.I pray God touch d heart of d police to help out nd also d kidnapers to releas him witout harm IJN
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 05, 2012
By your own admission, your uncle is just a regular guy, without any reason for anyone to think he has 50M. Unless someone knows that your family has come into a large sum of money, your uncle may be apart of this scam undecided. I hope that is not the case and pray for his safe return.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by Johndoe100(m): 1:38am On Oct 05, 2012
Sorry, take heart and pray.
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by agiboma(f): 5:42am On Oct 05, 2012
Sorry ooo, i hope he comes home safe and sound to you soon.
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by jumsnarol: 6:11am On Oct 05, 2012
FlowerPower: By your own admission, your uncle is just a regular guy, without any reason for anyone to think he has 50M. Unless someone knows that your family has come into a large sum of money, your uncle may be apart of this scam undecided. I hope that is not the case and pray for his safe return.
Thanks everyone for ur encouragements. There is no one I know of in my family who just came about such money and my uncle is a full grown man, infact a grandpa. So why wuld such person orchestrate his own kidnap. We are seriously praying n hoping for a miracle soon.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by feminineA: 7:35am On Oct 05, 2012
Sorry for this trauma. The police can be an ass @ times but they can help. Can they get the service provider to trace where the calls on his phone is coming?
Pray you find him in one piece. Pls keep us updated

Cheers
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by strangest(m): 9:29am On Oct 05, 2012
Bros sorry about the mishap, just watch out.. There's someone in the family or a friend of the family that sold him out... Use your common sense and monitor your environment and the people around you, you might be lucky to get a clue.. I pray that he is released soon

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by rman: 9:33am On Oct 05, 2012
The police can help. Call history are retained on the network for at least 24hrs. They can start by tracing the location where the calls are been made.
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by DANILSA(m): 9:35am On Oct 05, 2012
MY BRODA TAKE HEART,BEFORE THIS GUYS KIDNAP THEY DO A THOROUGH RESEARCH,SO YOU GUYS SHOULD RALLY AROUND AND OFFER SOMETHING TANGIBLE. THE POLICE CAN BE OF GOOD HELP TO YOU IF YOU KNOW SOMEBODY IN THE TOP ECHELON,PLEASE NO NEED OF BRIBING RECRUITS BECAUSE THIS IS ALL ABOUT INTELLIGENCE AND NOT ARREST.AND PLEASE BE CAREFUL HOW U TALK,SO THEY DONT WASTE YOUR UNCLE[b]. FINALLY KEEP PRAYING[/b].GOOD LUCK angry sad
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by doctokwus: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2012
Sounds kinda strange dat dey wud kidnap s/body who is neither rich nor well 2do & who dey know cannot provide such amt.Frm kidnap cases so far,majority of victims av bn dose dey know can drop sth substantial,if not d amt first stated.I bliv,like d typical nigerian story,dere is a suspicious lot d OP is not telling us about,too suspicious in my opinion

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by mallorca(m): 9:39am On Oct 05, 2012
GOd will see you through
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2012
Fast and Pray too!!
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by Tariqh: 9:47am On Oct 05, 2012
My bloda tek hart God wil bi diya po yu an di kidinapas wil supa Gods ponishmen.......God helep us ol
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by DonTim1: 9:50am On Oct 05, 2012
Wish this was 24hrs - jack bauer to d rescue!

Pardon my opening joke.

@op, d network op are u best shot,dey can retrieve call details from d call u guys received.

Wish we had traffic cams in 9ja and satelite tech

For now,stay calm,pray to God,negotiate his release.

Sory man, btw: this got me tinking wat if it was my relative?
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by Ariyke: 9:50am On Oct 05, 2012
May he return back to u in peace and nt in piecessad
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by strangest(m): 9:52am On Oct 05, 2012
...Also try and get the call log of the people that called him on the day he was kidnapped, maybe he was suppose to meet somebody on that day.. There's a chance that he was monitored before the kidnap unless he was picked up at random which I doubt
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by Ademo2: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2012
i pray he com bac 2 u soon,bt hw sure ar u dat hes nt involve in dis?
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by crackhouse(m): 9:55am On Oct 05, 2012
FlowerPower: By your own admission, your uncle is just a regular guy, without any reason for anyone to think he has 50M. Unless someone knows that your family has come into a large sum of money, your uncle may be a part of this scam undecided. I hope that is not the case and pray for his safe return.
i was thinking same cos people are not to be trusted these days. However @OP, is there anyone in ur family{both extended} that can afford such amount or sth close to it? If yes, then that person maybe the reason for the kidnap. I can't tell u to pray again b/cos i know u have already soaked urself in prayer but all i can say now is pray with faith and don't have a double mind about God's capabilities cos God knows where ur uncle is right now and he can set confusion in the midst of those kidnappers if u call on him in truth & in spirit. Expect him soon
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 05, 2012
Bottomline is, they will release him when they realize its bad market, they could also wanna end him if there is any indication that he can be a problem. How he relates with them is his salvation or doom, cos as you stated, there is no financial muscle. Lagos Police, are not dependable.
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by ttts(m): 10:05am On Oct 05, 2012
@poster, What line does he use?. Get the call logs. Have you informed the police, if so, then they can track his whereabouts with the call logs...
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by Okijajuju1(m): 10:13am On Oct 05, 2012
This message has been .. DELETED..

Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by Okijajuju1(m): 10:13am On Oct 05, 2012
Let me start by saying sorry for your Uncles predicament.. Now, I wont speak as an expert onkidnappings, but I will tell you from my experience in Port-Harcourt.. Most kidnappings these days are planned by someone close.. Chances are, your uncle was set up by someone really close to him.. Kidnappers rarely just pick people at random anymore.. Now, since its lagos, I cant tell you what your uncle might most likely be experiencing.. In the Niger Delta, they would keep their hostages in the bushes.. On the issue of the Police, Im not defending them o!! But whatever they are doing, they wont necessarily put it on the 9'o'clock news.. You need to know that such investigations are a slow painstaking process.. Its not as if your uncle was being held hostage inside a building and all they have to do is bust in and rescue him..

I so strongly believe that your uncles kidnapping isnt random.. You may need to start looking at everyone around him with suspicion..
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by ogb5(m): 10:15am On Oct 05, 2012
There are three options you can take.

1. Attempt to negotiate his release with the kidnappers by your self. Agree on a ransom you can pay and pay it. There is no guaranty that this will work, it depends on the motive of the kidnap in the 1st place. You might pay and they continue asking for more money or simply kill him after collecting the money.

2. the 2nd option is to get the SSS to handle the issue. They have been somehow successful in some of the Kidnapping incident where they were involved. They aim to get the Kidnappers, so your uncle might be used as a pawn in the game of getting the Kidnappers. But they have a high likelihood of catching the Kidnappers more than anyone else and they are surprisingly very profesional for a Nigerian agency. But you have to figure out a way to get them involved.

3. the 3rd option is to go the the Police. There are anti-Kidnap unit in some states in the South South where Kidnapping is more common. I don't know if you have such unit in lagos. In many cases they will help you get your man out, but you will have to pay the ransom.
In some cases they even encourage you to pay a larger ransom than you can afford, making some people to believe they are part of the kidnapping racket.

Wish you luck

I will suggest
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2012
So this kidnapping thing has finally come to stay in our Lagos. I really don't know what to think about this menace.

By the way, in what part of Lagos was the man kidnapped?
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by tyson55(m): 10:30am On Oct 05, 2012
Sorry for what has befell u and ur family, God will surely see you through. Amen!
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by ichidodo: 10:46am On Oct 05, 2012
CHEER UP O! CHAP.YER OHNCLE IS SIMPLY JUST BEING GREASED UP AND TUCKED IN. THE OL'CODGER WIL B FINE,JUST DONT GO ON BOUT WIT D RANSUME, YER AVE TER CAL THEIR BLOOFF. YER OHNCLE IS A STRONGMAN, HE SHOULD B STRONG FOR HIS FARMILY. JES DONT GO BOUT PAYIN D RANSUME. HE WIL B KIDNAHPPED AGIN.
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by gempo(m): 10:49am On Oct 05, 2012
@pro01, exactly what i was thinking. It seems you can now be kidnapped anywhere. It is no longer restricted to a particular region.
The worse part is that most of the kidnappings are inside jobs(ie people that know you). Only God can save us.
Re: My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped by mrkels(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2012
Men I can imagine what your family is going through right now especially his children.
Cross your mind and involve the SSS. That's the only way bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Are Superior To Her / The Fruit Of The Womb: Lamentation From A Married Man. / Brag About Your Spouse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.