Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate (11172 Views)

How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake / Checkout The Number Plate Of This Car Found In Lagos (photo) / Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by apala911: 6:37am On Oct 05, 2012
Federal Road Safety Corps has condemned the plan of Lagos State not to allow commercial and private vehicles without the state number plates to operate in the state.

Our correspondent however learnt on Thursday in Abuja that the management of the corps was not pleased with the position of the state on the issue.

A senior corps officer said the state was trying to provoke what he called avoidable crisis with the Federal Government and the FRSC, pointing out that the issue would “cause more problems than expected.”

“This move by Lagos is purely a revenue-driven policy, but it will cause more problems for motorists if other states adopt it, ” he said.

FRSC however, said it would soon make its position known on the plan of the Lagos State Government.

The corps stated that it would study the policy as enunciated by the state and make its stand known on the issue.

Deputy Corps Public Education Officer, Bisi Kazeem, said the Corps Marshall, Osita Chidoka was currently in Ghana attending the annual conference of West African Traffic Agencies and he has not had time to study the new directive.

“We (FRSC) will make our position known on the matter as soon as the Corps Marshall studies it. He is presently attending the annual conference of theWest African Traffic Agencies in Ghana and he is yet to study the statement made by the state government; be rest assured that we will make our stand known soon,” Kazeem said over the phone from Ghana.

Lagos State Government had on Wednesday advised residents with private vehicles to change to the state’s number plates to reflect the fact that they live in Lagos.

The Director, Vehicle Inspection Office, Mr, Gbolahan Toriola, said the measure was meant to achieve “sanity, standard, safety and security” as stipulated by the road traffic law.
http://www.punchng.com/news/frsc-faults-lagos-policy-on-number-plate/

1 Like

Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by semid4lyfe(m): 7:23am On Oct 05, 2012
Thread on new Lagos State Policy On Number Plates:

Lagos Bans Use Of Other State Number Plates
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by superior1: 7:25am On Oct 05, 2012
We suppose to be running a Federal System of Government, right?. I mean some states in the North even adopt Sharia law. FRSC has very little or no choice in this matter.
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by Emma17: 7:29am On Oct 05, 2012
Mr Fashola you ve got it all wrong here man! Its not gonna work. Just ask ur security outfit to stop and search and get details of motorists with out of state reg.
My one cent!

2 Likes

Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by creativeEngr: 7:34am On Oct 05, 2012
Interesting ... Let's pause for a moment and think about what would happen if every State passes a similar law.

Would commercial and private motorists have to obtain different plate numbers to visit any State in the country?

Would it be fair to drive your car only where you reside?

This doesn't seem to make much sense...

16 Likes

Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by Jisunpack: 7:50am On Oct 05, 2012
If you can't stay in Lagos then move back to your village

1 Like

Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by slickfiz(m): 7:52am On Oct 05, 2012
This doesn't make sense in my own books.
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by Reptyle(m): 7:52am On Oct 05, 2012
creativeEngr: Interesting ... Let's pause for a moment and think about what would happen if every State passes a similar law.

Would commercial and private motorists have to obtain different plate numbers to visit any State in the country?

Would it be fair to drive your car only where you reside?

This doesn't seem to make much sense...

Commercial and private motorists will not need to renew their license plates insofar as they do not RESIDE in the states they are visiting. All the proposed law needs to state is the window period within which a motorist can reside temporarily in a State after which he would be required to re-register his vehicle with the authorities in the new State.
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by Fufuky: 7:55am On Oct 05, 2012
The decision of lagos state govt is merely harrasment to the motorist in order to raise fund but on other aspect of private vehicle is not going to work out because law court is available to deside over d issue. Let wait till den.
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by Biggyd2: 7:57am On Oct 05, 2012
Reptyle:

Commercial and private motorists will not need to renew their license plates insofar as they do not RESIDE in the states they are visiting. All the proposed law needs to state is the window period within which a motorist can reside temporarily in a State after which he would be required to re-register his vehicle with the authorities in the new State.

I thought they said not more than 3 months for private vehicles. Well even if FRSC does not say anything, I guess people still have the courts to listen to them. Like the state official said, that is what obtains in America. And WE MUST follow follow dem, I guess. undecided
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 05, 2012
The presidency is weak,so governors do what they want,Fashola is a Dictator in the federal rep of eko ile

4 Likes

Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by oshyno(m): 7:58am On Oct 05, 2012
Some pipu r so tribalistic dat just bcuz d obnocious law is frm Fashola-ACN governor, all is well but wen federal govt said they we're gono bring back toll gate t federal roads, it was condemned.Nawaooo 4 dis naija oo.someone shud drum it t Fash dat it is dead on arival.Tinubu is just using Lagos t destabilize GEJ n e no go work.

3 Likes

Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by DeGrace01(m): 7:59am On Oct 05, 2012
I wonder wot the Lagos state gov. mean, wt all their new traffic laws. If the Federal gov refuse to stop all this madness, they should get ready to split this country cos other states will follow the suit. There is no need for any state plate number, for if they keep quit he will soon introduce state identity card, international passport and so on nonsense.
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 05, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: If you can't stay in Lagos then move back to your village
This forum and everyother one is rated +18,u should be in school

18 Likes

Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by mactoni91(m): 8:04am On Oct 05, 2012
Fashola...
I love this Man.
Wish we had some1 like him as a Governor here in Rivers StateFashola...
I love this Man.
Wish we had some1 like him as a Governor here in Rivers State
Fashola...
I love this Man.

1 Like

Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by hardeihorlar(f): 8:06am On Oct 05, 2012
Mayb I dnt undastand english buh d initial thread said commercial vehicles within Lagos, not commercial nd private vehicles.
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by aribisala0(m): 8:08am On Oct 05, 2012
FRSC has gone to court with Lagos State (under TinubU) before and LOST over the issue of number plates I reckon they won't be going back
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by jude33084(m): 8:09am On Oct 05, 2012

Talk like ∂ matured person U̶̲̅ claim Ť☺ be pls I doubt if U̶̲̅ even have ∂ car undecided

1 Like

Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by Skynet247(m): 8:09am On Oct 05, 2012
That is a total insanity...what if all states should adopt dz kinda policy? It wil b a terrible nigeria... Those guys talk of security...how much be the plate number..?wea boko haram no fit buy...5000plates... Jus as that guy said...jus search al cars...gmb
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by Meddler(f): 8:16am On Oct 05, 2012
Gaiden k: The presidency is weak,so governors do what they want,Fashola is a Dictator in the federal rep of eko ile

Its so sad that's how you perceive the issue. This is how States shud be ran - autonomously. Fashola is running the State like it ought to be. The Federal Govt cannot be every where at once and cannot monitor every single State. That's the problem we are having in this country. Every State is expecting a handout from the FG without thinking about how their State can contribute to the growth of the Nation. Imagine Nigeria with our population and not a single State is self sustainable. That's quite sad.
My point is that States are allowed to adopt their policies as long as it is within the framweork of the Constitution. Technically the only thing wrong with the new traffic law is that It does not specify a length of time required before one is considered a resident of the State.
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by charlsecy4(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2012
creativeEngr: Would commercial and private motorists have to obtain different plate numbers to visit any State in the country? Would it be fair to drive your car only where you reside?

NOT APPLICABLE TO INTER-STATE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES.
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by jude33084(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2012
hardeihorlar: Mayb I dnt undastand english buh d initial thread said commercial vehicles within Lagos, not commercial nd private vehicles.

I think τhis info have been altered as U̶̲̅ said because if its only commercial vehicles operating within Lagos, I will say its ∂ Ǧ☺☺ϑ idea ßŮϯ not private. So I must have ∂ Lagos plate number Ť☺ enter lagos state? Very funy one cheesy
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by jude33084(m): 8:23am On Oct 05, 2012
Meddler:

Its so sad that's how you perceive the issue. This is how States shud be ran - autonomously. Fashola is running the State like it ought to be. The Federal Govt cannot be every where at once and cannot monitor every single State. That's the problem we are having in this country. Every State is expecting a handout from the FG without thinking about how their State can contribute to the growth of the Nation. Imagine Nigeria with our population and not a single State is self sustainable. That's quite sad.
My point is that States are allowed to adopt their policies as long as it is within the framweork of the Constitution. Technically the only thing wrong with the new traffic law is that It does not specify a length of time required before one is considered a resident of the State.

Okay Ŧħåϯ part make sense Ť☺ wink
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by Series22(m): 8:25am On Oct 05, 2012
mactoni91: Fashola...
I love this Man.
Wish we had some1 like him as a Governor here in Rivers StateFashola...
I love this Man.
Fashola...
I love this Man.
dont pray 4 fashola 2 b your governor, lagos is in serious debts, they need money 2 pay 4 their debts, thats y the govt is desperatly looking for money by enacting new laws.. Lagos state number plate is d most expensive in country, imagin d population of cars in eko (imagin d revenue). Wen fashola adds dis monies 2gether, i.e, fine paid by trafic offenders, toll gates, fedral allocation, sea ports, e.t.c. Atleast , d money go reach 2 pay some of the debts. kudos 2 fashola's economic advisers shaaa (dem d reason).. But d debt plenty o.. Over 500bilion naira o.. Na waoh
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by soma042(m): 8:32am On Oct 05, 2012

this yarimas are just bunch of fulls . They find it hard to understand that this fashawa dont really care much abt them. the impact of the policy will only affect the negbouring state .
I think this is more of a fight between lagos and the rest of oyo, ogun , osun,ondo. Or make dem sit down they claim lagos. Mofox
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by jesse8048(m): 8:40am On Oct 05, 2012
Reptyle:

And Lagos agbero will utilize the opportunity to lute people their money. Seize ur car d 6th day and hide it till d 22nd day of ur stay. Then case starts.
Na waaa ooh
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by bisikeys: 8:49am On Oct 05, 2012
Fashola is getting a lot of things wrong. We are trying to do things like the USA , forgetting that we are different from them. Each state in the USA is independent and autonomous. The only two things they all share in common are the military and the presidency. Every other state is like a country on its own cause they have their own flag, Anthem, coat of arms, and even their own police. Is he saying that i cannot use the plate number of my state in Lagos? If all states start it, i wonder how interstate buses will survive.................

1 Like

Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by mustspin: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2012
Series22: dont pray 4 fashola 2 b your governor, lagos is in serious debts, they need money 2 pay 4 their debts, thats y the govt is desperatly looking for money by enacting new laws.. Lagos state number plate is d most expensive in country, imagin d population of cars in eko (imagin d revenue). Wen fashola adds dis monies 2gether, i.e, fine paid by trafic offenders, toll gates, fedral allocation, sea ports, e.t.c. Atleast , d money go reach 2 pay some of the debts. kudos 2 fashola's economic advisers shaaa (dem d reason).. But d debt plenty o.. Over 500bilion naira o.. Na waoh
bros, you think you are a good economist right? tell me which state is not indebted? your FG has sold bonds up till 2024 despite the huge resources. the basic difference is that Lagos state is using the debt to fix infrastructure that will further boost revenue for the state while the FG borrows to pay salaries, subsidies and executive allowances.
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by WinkWrld: 8:54am On Oct 05, 2012
MaKes no sense! Fashola is now behaving like goodluck. Action before thinking. grin
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by smallvill(m): 9:12am On Oct 05, 2012
this is sik. after the say we are one. rubbish.
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by Jisunpack: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2012
You fools don't have problem with other states making laws, right? Can you or any other dolt picketing me drink or sell alcohol in Kano? Why is it that you fools can't drink beer in Zamfara? oh, did hear you shouting sharia law?

You heard me, if you can't stay in a place and respect their local laws, then get the hell to your village. abi dem born your papa for there? fools!!!

Gaiden k:
This forum and everyother one is rated +18,u should be in school
Re: Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate by mediainspired: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2012
Tinubu &Fashola seem to show less &less regard 4d central govt &authority. Like sum1 said, wat if other state guvs/govts keep showin disregard 4d centre wit endless, curious &revenue-driven laws like Tinubu, Fashola &Aregbesola? Wont dere be chaos? &4dose shamelessly small-minded tribalists here like Jin sun pak, pls define a Lagosian cos, tho its not my state of origin, i can constitutionally claim a Lagosian (I live here &pay my taxes). I hav full rights &can contest 4d guvnorship. Moreova, being d capital 4many years, Lagos was built wit oil money 4rm my state, my taxes & i hav a full stake here (check out d 3rd mainland bridge &other major infrstructures). It is u who shuld go bak 2ur village cos Lagos is my 2nd village.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rescue Dogs Taught How To Drive A Car In New Zealand / 10 Significant Car Care Tips For The Rainy Season / Dip Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.