Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers (10303 Views)

If These Were Your Teachers, What Class Would You Never Miss? / Hilarious Nicknames Given To Your Teachers When You're In Secondary School... / Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by freecocoa(f): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2012
Ehen how can I forget Mrs Adeleke? This woman just hated me for being fair,asking me what cream I was using, kept saying I was an ogbanje and telling me to kneel down at the slightest things even for coughing in her class, chei if only I was older then and not just 12 and in JSS2, well I can only say she was jealous of my skin and complexion then if not what could be her beef?

And this is to you DELE( a prefect) walai anywhere I jam you for this life na me and you that day, I never knew a girl can be more wicked than satan till you proved me wrong, just pray our parts never cross, witch.
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by NEROSKY(m): 10:43am On Oct 05, 2012
my regards to my English and government teacher, you made me able 2do those subjects exam even widout reading,more grease 2ur elbows, esp phonetic teacher...
I hate maths with passion dunno who 2 blame on that, me,my parents oi teachers..buh i know i would av been more better and sophisticated, if maths is my gallery... Buh wait, mukina2 , i thought you're robot grin
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Freiburger(m): 10:50am On Oct 05, 2012
If you had your primary education in Nigeria in the 80s you wouldn't give any kudos to any teacher ooo. every friday na grass we dey take cutlass clear all day. if you come to school late, we all know what the consequences are. grin grin grin, meeennnnn, i'm just joking grin grin grin, these strenuous teachers actually made us whom we are today, surviving every environment we find ourselves. My love goes to all of them.

1 Like

Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Peterpan1(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2012
My shoutout goes to my secondary school teachers for making me wat i am today,and especially Mr. Adebayo, my physics teacher,and to my tutor bro matthew aka INSTRUCTOR, all other protocols duly observed, i love you all.
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by oraclefemi(m): 10:53am On Oct 05, 2012
To my primary school teacher mr thompson ..i am still looking for you.,.watch your back, to the rest of them thanks for impacting my life..MR THOMPSON I AM LOOKING FOR YOU !

1 Like

Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by mbhs139(m): 10:57am On Oct 05, 2012
I hate attending maths class way back in those days at Mushin high school okota-isolo. and i ended studying maths and statistics at yabatech and unilag.

thanks to mr. opebo, my maths teacher who made it a little simpler.
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by alphaconde(m): 11:01am On Oct 05, 2012
My both parents are teachers I dont know if any one understand how my childhood was like. Well it was interesting. I celebrate my parents today as world class teachers.
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by ayotoyin(f): 11:12am On Oct 05, 2012
Hey, i celebrate my parents as they are both teachers, and my sister too, may God continually bless you all.And to all my Teachers at Government College Agege, Lagos, happy teachers day.Love you all
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by mbhs139(m): 11:13am On Oct 05, 2012
It is a good thing that we are all celebrating (or berating) our teachers (as the case may be).

We all have passed through one form of schooling or the other. But do you realise the school you left some years back are facing some challenges? That is 'School Safety'.

We are all aware of the laudable objectives of education, with corresponding efforts being made to achieve them. It is however very important to note that it is not just adequate to expend a great deal of resources in creating schools that provide quality education for young people while not paying particular attention to the fundamental need for a school to be a safe place for teachers and students.

In addition, it is not just enough to massively invest in the physical infrastructures and the latest technological advances that increases the effectiveness in teaching and learning while ignoring the basic need for a school to be a welcoming place for staff and studens, and even visitors.

When put side by side with the fact that a school has the legal responsibility to ensure the safety of students under the common law doctrine of in loco parentis, it can therefore be concluded that school safety requires a critical and urgent attention from everyone. The question we ask therefore is; can there be a guaranteed feeling of safety in every schools, by everyone and at every time? To simply put it, no school leadership can guarantee that every members of staff, students, and even visitors to a school will be safe at all times, and will face no danger. This therefore proves that there is no task that is as important as creating a school that is a considerably safe and friendly if we are to achieve the primary objective of the school as a place of learning and the objective of education towards national development.

Support the Safe School Initiative
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by emma26(m): 11:16am On Oct 05, 2012
GOD bless my Teachers, Mum & Dad, mrs emagidu,mr igwe aka ewekewe, my old prncpl mr odion, mr chike, u guy r wonderful.

1 Like

Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Jarus(m): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2012
Teachers I can never forget

Primary school
Mr Samuel(Pry 6, Ghanaian)- I prayed not to be in his class at the end of class 5, but ended up being in his class; strict, but in hindsight, a good guy

Mr Asiedu(Headmaster, Ghanaian)- Good guy

Mr Agboola(Primary 2) - my class teacher in primary 2, good teacher

Junior Secondary School
Mrs Oshundun (Social studies);Definition of passion. Teaching with all her body, jumping, bending, giving graphic examples.

Mrs Gbadamosi(Integrated Science): Dreaded. Always insulting students. But I have forgiven her.

Senior Secondary School
Miss Eze (corper): The little she taught me in Accounts in SSS1 was all I knew in that subject in secondary school. Other teachers that took the subject after she left made me hate that subject

Mr Ibrahim(Mathematics): At least taught me Longitude and Latitude and Geometry grin Did nice job

Mr Shittu (Geography): Too good!!! Made Geography look like pap. By far my best teacher in Secondary school

Private Teaching
Mr R.F Jimoh: At a time I dreaded Maths, a 2-week coaching with this man was I needed to score B2 in Maths in SSCE. Great job. I had lost hope in Maths until I met him few months to my GCE in SS2.

Mr Afolabi(Mathematics); Taught me Calculus while I waited to resume at Ife after gaining admission to study Economics.

No doubt teachers play great roles in our lives and they deserve our gratitude.

1 Like

Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by dabrake(m): 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
to my (further)mathematics 'titia' who would solve a question, clean the board six times in continuation only to arrive at the original question again, hence, forcing us to cancel 14 pages of our notes, . . .
The only man who, due to the fact, was taking 2 arms of class(SS2C & SS2D) would give the first class 20 questions as assignment, do same for the next class, get a good SS3 student to mark them, select the correct ones from SS2C's assignment to teach students in SS2D and also select the right ones from SS2D's assignment to teach SS2C students, . . .
May your reward not be in heaven

1 Like

Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
Firstly thanks to dad for those monstrous volumes of encyclopedia brittainica, the ancient bible translations, those volumes of shakespeare and atlases. I swear it made me aeons ahead of my seniors.

To Mom , what more can i say?

To uncle ben (primary maths) am grateful for those conks on the head when i didnt get the math right (heard he is lecturing somewhere in europe)

To monsieur gullotine (labour master and government teacher) who introduced me to a world of pain. with a stoical grin you single handedly flogged a whole student population at the assembly cubicle. Many skipped classes because of you. On a positive note, you taught me how to make notes. MAY YOU LIVE IN VERY INTERESTING TIMES.

To 'stamina', games master and geography, agric and Health teacher. I will surely come for you one day. Even without your weed smoking bouts (a closely guarded secret), you will always remain the model teacher. God bless you.

To 'polygon' (maths) you should have been a model . You gave young boys unnecessary hardons with your suggestive manners. Thanks for being patient with us. But You shouldnt have married that ugly alahaji. Aaaarrg!!

To 'carbon' and talib kweli , my chemistry teachers, you guys's tempers (i suspect you faked them) were nothing but comic reliefs. God bless you

To 'Reverend' and 'SAVANNAH' (social studies and religious knowledge) , God is watching you in 3D

other honorable mentions will come up later including madame de gaulle, et al
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by nyce03(f): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
I want to say a big thank u to my English teacher Mrs Fabusuyi u are d best, A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ to my VP then Mr Olafisoye, I still can't forget d day u flogged me just because I forgot my prayer book at home, A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ to my biology teacher, u made me hate biology so much dt I didn't buy any textbook on biology, but am proud to tell u nw am a Microbilogist, same goes to my physics teacher, dt guys shud av taken a lecturing job, up till nw my hrt still skips anytim I see physics text book, chai, but all dsame teachers are d best, love u all.
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by yimkalove(m): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
to all teacher around the world n specially to my mom, she's my best teacher
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
To all my teachers that taught me from my elementary to tertiary,I say a very big thank you.I didn't have much to say,cos I was a good and obedient student..to all the student I taught before deviating to other endeavour in life,thanks for giving me a listening ear..to my mom,who was a teacher,till she retired,thanks for teaching me the value of hardwork.you brought up 7 children with your meagre income up to tertiary level.I say thank you mama..to my creator,the best teacher,thanks for the bible,which is my manual in life.thanks baba God..
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by remmyton(f): 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
I love all my teachers, especially my physics teacher, he is late, but he left a gr8 path for us to follow, ur passing away made it impossible for me to appreciate other physics teachers, cos u r one in a million, may ur gentle soul rest in peace, my dad is one of d worst teachers ever, he sends u to school but does not pay ur school fees and still expect u to pass, when he knows u r been sent home almost everyday of d week, LMAO
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by VENUSS(f): 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
@ okija becareful, u can still be flogged o. lmao. tanks to all my teachers.
author=Okija_juju][b]To all my teachers! Starting with my Dad... The greatest teacher of all... Who taught me so much! I say a big thanks.. Those late night mathematics classes made me an engineer today. To my second teacher and disciplinarian who so happens to be my mum, I say thanks.. All those nights of staying awake while I read, chasing me with a cane to do my homeworks, showing up at school surprisingly and catching me skipping classes, whooping my a*ss in front of the entire school all made me the man that I am today... Thanks especially for the English classes, they are a priceless asset any human being can possess.

To my English Teacher and Integrated science teachers, I thank you for being such hot MILFs. It made me focus so much in your classes and made me strive to be the best and loved by you..

To all my Maths teachers, I hope you all get an(a)lly gang rap(e)d by a bunch of savage gorillas.. You f(u)ckers wasted precious seconds of my life trying to add X +Y = Z

To my Principal in JSS 1 (who just so happened to have been my fathers principal in school) I pray you are enjoying what's left of your life... All the students who passed through you are all grateful for the lesson learnt from you..

To my graduating principal... I have nothing to say to you... Last time I checked, Karma was f(u)cking everything up around you.. You tried to mess with the lives of people's kids, well someone should have taught you that life is a female dog!

To my kindergarten/nursery school teacher who flogged me so hard, I tripped fell and cut my face on a desk leaving me with a permanent scar, I hope to God that someone takes a boiling ring and defaces your daughter..

To my Introductory technology & Technical Drawing teacher, I have to say that you guys were brilliant.. You could teach that course to a blind man and he will become a great architect.. Thanks a billion!! Your lessons paid off big time..

To my Biology Teacher.. You son of a b[i]tch! You made me hate Biology so much I didnt write it in my SSCE.. You b[a]stard!! You teased me and made me the laughing stock of the class so much I hated a simple course like biology!! I hope a micro organism crawls up your a`ss and slowly devour you from the insides out!!

To a teacher named Sir P. No student ever knew the meaning of your name.. Yet you succeeded in flogging the entire student population.. I hope you suffer Arthritis of the hand and lose function of that hand.. You were renowned for only one thing... FLOGGING!! You still hold the schools record of singlehandedly flogging from jss1 - jss3 students 6 strokes a piece without tiring or resting!

To my Geography teacher.. I cant hate you at all... You squeezed so much teenage girls br[e]asts and y[a]nsh I wonder how you carried your little daughter with those same hand at night!!

Good bless all my good teachers!! May their reward be on earth as well as in heaven... Bless my bad teachers as well, they may have been a`ssholes, but some of them were born that way and didnt know no better.. Atleast they taught me not to be like them... And finally THUNDER FIRE all my horrible teachers.. its f[u]ckers like you that make people drop out of school and become hooligans!![/b][/quote]
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
If i become the president of this country one of my initially actions is to increase the salaries of teachers and policemen.

Provide good social amenities(housing etc),loan and insurance for them.

Alot will change in this country if these neglected set of people are well taken care of.

God bless our teachers!!
God help our policemen!!
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by kingar(m): 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
Thanks 2 aunty Ruth (english teacher) who ends up marking our assignment wif 50naira for a grade upgrade in score and mr plough who ask for galla nd spirit for specimen in biology practical. Luv y'all despite d foundamentals of corruption u showd 2 us. God help u nd ur kidz ;DThanks 2 aunty Ruth (english teacher) who ends up marking our assignment wif 50naira for a grade upgrade in score and mr plough who ask for galla nd spirit for specimen in biology practical. Luv y'all despite d foundamentals of corruption u showd 2 us. God help u nd ur kidz
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by ayandee: 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
God bless my amiable literature teacher, Mrs. Onuorah who took it upon herself to give us private lessons in English language when she noticed our awful use of the English language in her literature classes. I also cannot forget my Government teacher, Mr.Okorie. He taught us Government without looking at the books. He was so brilliant. I remember my English teacher, Mr. Sanni. You took me to a state-wide essay competition in Igbobi College even when our school did not have a school bus.

Thanks to Mr. Oyewale, the Maths teacher who scared us all with long whips and made me skip Maths classes. How can I forget Mr. Awo---- (he had tribal marks), he made me love Mathematics just one month to the SSCE exams. He succeeded in preaching the gospel of Maths to Arts students and changed our view of the subject. I wish you had come much earlier.

My principal, Mrs. Atanda was such a loving woman. She picked well-dressed students on her way to school each morning. I was her regular passenger grin

Thanks to all of you. Your efforts paid off.
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
My Mathematics teacher: I thank God for him o. He came in when I was in SS1. I never thought I had a chance in Maths till this guy came. O'boy, my life has since changed. The lowest grade I have ever gotten in a Maths test or Exam is a B+, all thanks to this man.
My Economics teacher: To say I hated this woman is an understatement. She was always nagging, a problem which became 100 times as bad when she was pregnant. She would spend all period nagging nagging nagging nagging nagging. We even called her Naga. I just got tired of her really fast.
As for all my other teachers, God will continue to bless you for instilling knowledge in me. May you receive your reward on earth and in heaven kiss kiss
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by yoged(m): 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2012
Would never forget Secondary sch memory, it was awesome expecially the football aspect. Thanks to all my Teachers for making me awesome. Even though some are f(u)ckers. God bless Mr faloni my Biology teacher, wish you can be taken all the courses. My Physics teacher was horrible,she's a failure. Thanks to the lesson I did after school hours. Oh no, Am really poor in math right from my primary school only to ended up doing like 4maths courses in university of Ilorin. Math101,math102, math 201,and math 205 as a Chemistry student. I would never forget the floggings I normally received when I was in jss1 due to coming late to the school, but that stopped when I soji myself, jungle is best... A lot of memory. And to Mrs makanjuola, ahhhhhh, you are too wicked.
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
freecocoa: Ehen how can I forget Mrs Adeleke? This woman just hated me for being fair,asking me what cream I was using, kept saying I was an ogbanje and telling me to kneel down at the slightest things even for coughing in her class, chei if only I was older then and not just 12 and in JSS2, well I can only say she was jealous of my skin and complexion then if not what could be her beef?

And this is to you DELE( a prefect) walai anywhere I jam you for this life na me and you that day, I never knew a girl can be more wicked than satan till you proved me wrong, just pray our parts never cross, witch.
lol...seems Dele waz more or less ur teacher... grin
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Jarus(m): 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
dabrake: to my (further)mathematics 'titia' who would solve a question, clean the board six times in continuation only to arrive at the original question again, hence, forcing us to cancel 14 pages of our notes, . . .

Crazy boy grin

Got me lmao on the road cheesy
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Lero15(m): 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2012
Teachers..,d set of people dat are important but never appreciated well!
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Lero15(m): 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
To all of ya appreciating parents for 'teaching' u,save dat til father's or mother's day. Dis thread is for Teachers, LITERARILY
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by blazeitup(f): 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
Hapi teachers day,2 all ma gud teachers God bless u,2 ma bad ,annoyin teachers eg
Mrs akparant,d home economics teacher dat flogs gurls on dere ass n insult us in igbo,may God make u shorter
2 mr chris d music teacher,if u were teacher mi Psquare's song would v been gud,u were teachin mi hw 2 play flute,u floged ma hands wit ruler till I bleed,I pray it happens 2 ur child
2mr isaac,christ embassy pastor dat said I will neva enter ss1,m nw a graduate
2 mr imoh,ur work is 2 pinch sum1s ear 2 blood#lipseald#
2 mr zikala dat follows small gurls,may suga daddy rape ur daughter
Every oda teach dat flogd ma lyf out,insultd mi God is watchin u
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2012
koastar: There was this teacher that thought me Economics in SS3 in GSS Garki Abuja. She was so beautiful & curvy with nice fair skin. I usually looked at her backside whenever she faced the board & her small lips whenever she was talking (those lips looked kissable, though she's married cheesy). I really didn't like Economics then, but because I liked her, I passed the subject with a credit in WAEC. Therefore, I thank her for helping me to pass Economics wink
Lest I forget, I would like to thank my girlfriend for teaching me how to love again. She is a wondefful teacher wink
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by Bertbert: 3:52pm On Oct 05, 2012
My Thanks and appreciation goes to my MUM the best teacher in the whole world,you taught me and made me understand that life is not a bed of roses,without you i wonder what this life would have turned out to be for me.I also thank my Sister who discovered my talent in those early years as a kid when i used to designed and built toys using available local materials and also repaired faulty appliances at home and even for our neighbors,you encouraged me to make sure i pass very well in physics,chemistry and mathematics so I can become an Engineer which I am today(may God bless you).Also to all my teachers who taught me from nursery school to University level may God bless you all.
To the HOLY SPIRIT the greatest teacher who taught me inside and gives me directives at all times even now that am getting old you still whisper to me with your sweet low voice in every situation telling me what to do thereby making me courageous and wise....Thanks very much.
HAPPY TEACHERS DAY TO ALL THE GOOD TEACHERS.
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by unclenna(m): 3:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
I want to use this opportunity to say a very BIG thank you to all my TEACHERS who in one way or the other added value to my life. The List is plenty but I will only the ones I remember. 1. Mrs Imo (Primary 1), 2. Mrs. Ifekwe (Primary 4), 3. Mrs Nosiri and Mrs. Amadi (Primary 6). 4. Mrs Okereke(My mum). 5. Ugomma Agwu (She taught me long division), 6. Mrs Umeh, 7. Mrs Offor (Chemistry Teacher...SS2 and SS3). And the rest of them who are numerous to mention. I want to wish all of you HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY.........My mum will always tell us "IF YOU CAN WRITE YOUR NAME THANK YOUR TEACHER...."
Re: World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers by unclenna(m): 3:57pm On Oct 05, 2012
I want to use this opportunity to say a very BIG thank you to all my TEACHERS who in one way or the other added value to my life. The List is plenty but I will only the ones I remember. 1. Mrs Imo (Primary 1), 2. Mrs. Ifekwe (Primary 4), 3. Mrs Nosiri and Mrs. Amadi (Primary 6). 4. Mrs Okereke(My mum). 5. Ugomma Agwu (She taught me long division), 6. Mrs Umeh, 7. Mrs Offor (Chemistry Teacher...SS2 and SS3). And the rest of them who are numerous to mention. I want to wish all of you HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY.........My mum will always tell us "IF YOU CAN WRITE YOUR NAME THANK YOUR TEACHER...."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme / Yabatech Is Now Federal University Of Technology / Lautech Post Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.