Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Do I Change The Title Of My Book? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Do I Change The Title Of My Book? (1121 Views)

Does Anyone Know The Title Of This Novel? / What's The Title Of The Book You're Currently Reading. / My Book Of Rants! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do I Change The Title Of My Book? by wisyno(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2008
I am presently writing a motivational book that is divinely inspired. I 'm working towards making it an international stuff. The issue at stake is that when I visited amazon.com, I noticed that a famous black american author has a book with the title the same as mine. I don't know if I should change my title but this title is what was divinely revealed to me. Can't we have two great books by different authors with the same title?
Re: Do I Change The Title Of My Book? by angelempy(f): 11:26am On Jan 19, 2008
ask the spirit of God to help u with the names.

my own suggestion is that you give it a similar name but one with perhaps change of clauses or thesaures.
Re: Do I Change The Title Of My Book? by TrueBrit: 10:21pm On Jan 19, 2008
@ Poster,
The answer is yes. There can be two great books with identical names. There are many books which share the same title. On the downside however, you should be prepared to have your book boosting up the sales of the other one with the same name as there will be some people who buy the other one when intending to buy yours and vice versa (this can happen when they do not know or remember the name of the author).

(1) (Reply)

Fourteenth And Serenity / 48 Laws Of Power / Some Amusing Words And Their Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.