Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? (62063 Views)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by richfaxy: 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
Please lets be matured and stop all this trouser is a sin thing. where in the bible was it ever mentioned that trouser is for men? back in the days,
robes was what was worn, Some body woke up and designed Trousers for men. and some people say trouser is for men. So Military and para military women
will never enter the Kingdom of God then cos they dont dress decently.
Its the manner that the woman wears the trouser that is a sin, and not wearing trouser itself
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Adamo84(m): 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
deebrain: People should just stop quoting scripture to keep themselves in bondage. That scripture in the book of deut that talked about the things that pertains/belongs to women or the things that belongs to men. Please use historical references. It was talking about things that pertains to woman kind or mankind (who are going through their natural causes eg-sanitary pads for women and things that stimulate the males-(very arguably) vigra). As at the time this law was made, women wore under tights (similar to leggings). MEN WORE SKIRTS. Only the high priest wore an under garment like the women did. Its sick that many people will just use a verse they know nothing about and use it as a subject of holiness or doctrine of their church. And besides, God does not look at yr dressings but the intentions of yr dressing.
Are you a Pastor?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by alex406(m): 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
k2039: I don't know if it is right or wrong;there are lot of controversy surrounding it.I will advise to be on the safer side,dont wear trousers(my reason if you get to heaven if God says it's not a requirement you don't have anything to loose,but if it is the other way round you have all to loose

Well said. If men of God can warm ladies to avoid wearing trousers then it means God is against it.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
@op wearing of trousers is not a sin. Wat d bible says in Deut 22 vs 5 is 'the woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.
So @op as long as ur trousers r 4 women deres natn wrong
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by chosenst: 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
Disobedience is a sin true true. If you are heavenly minded, you will want to obey every word of the Bible to the last. You will not make a defence to yourself. You will be Christ like. that is why the early disciples were called christians.
Many 'christians' may not enter heaven because they have married the world, they have brought the world into the church rather than bringing the church into the world, they loved to be like those in the world - that is why they cannot see the sin in wearing trousers.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000]
[/color]

5 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by DDNICE: 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
Well if not that the women have some other motives, why not wear a gown long enough to cover your trouser lenght and see if this will still be a debate.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Mary4life1(f): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
Toktee: Are you a pagan or a xtian,or just a church goer,because you sound like an unbeliever,well the bible said,anything you are doing now you should do it to your satisfaction,but you shuld remember the endtime you will give account of it all,so if you want establish a trousers factory in your fathers house,that is your busines ok
pls dont get me wrong.i am a christian,and i dont wear trousers because it makes me feel as if its not decent ie brings out my body.i am not against trousers,you see some people discriminate people that put on trousers because of that verse in the bible but they misinterprete it.the bible did not say that women should not wear trousers and besides,did Jesus put on trousers
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Emdee590(m): 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2012
See how una day argue within una selves...study ur bible wella be4 u coment
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
richfaxy: Please lets be matured and stop all this trouser is a sin thing. where in the bible was it ever mentioned that trouser is for men? back in the days,
robes was what was worn, Some body woke up and designed Trousers for men. and some people say trouser is for men. So Military and para military women
will never enter the Kingdom of God then cos they dont dress decently.
Its the manner that the woman wears the trouser that is a sin, and not wearing trouser itself

xactly
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Diedara(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
You zee eh, there iz one thing people ztill don't underztand bout thiz wearing of menz cloth....when Jesus come earth no be gown en been dey wear....Bible zay women don't put on clothz made for men and men don't put on clothz made for women. Women get their own trouzer men get their own...zo iz not a zin.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by outofthebox: 6:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
if women wear trouser,e go tight and their yansh go they show..na wahala b that o...if dem wear skirt,their laps go dey show too and that one na wahala too..women generally b wahala jhor

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Adamo84(m): 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
Tlake: Islamically u can wear dem if its nt tite n dey v 2 b as big as dos indian trousers,even if u hve d biggest hips it will not show
The topic is Biblically, Stay on point.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by plappville(f): 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
Orikinla: THERE WERE NO TROUSERS WHEN THE HOLY BIBLE WAS WRITTEN.
IN FACT, WHAT MEN WORE IN THOSE DAYS WERE WHAT WE CALL SKIRTS TODAY.
AS LONG AS THE TROUSERS ARE NOT MEANT TO LURE AND SEDUCE MEN, YOU CAN WEAR THEM.

I agree with you, There are different shape of trouser, trouser made in male shape shouldn't be wear be women, vise versa.
A man will never accept to wear a womans suit trouser, The word trouser was not found in any place in the bible. There is a History of when it became an attire.

@OP,
If you feel guilty of wearing trouser then put it off you. But you should as well be aware that there are alot of things you must put aside as well.

Christmas, Easter, celebration of dead saints day, new year day, birthday etc....The bible warned us not to practice man traditions.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by freecocoa(f): 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
Toktee: You can even walk street naked nobody will question you is a free world,stop defending your abominable act,cos it sound silly
Who's this mad goat?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Ewabeads(f): 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
To me,putting on trouser is not a sin,I am a member of MFM and as you all know,we don't wear trouser,but I do cos I see nothing wrong in ​​​​​​it,I wear ​it anytime,but in a decent way.the only thing is I don't wear ​it to church..I also advise some ladies to wear ​it cos most of them don't knw how to sit down,wen they sit they open their legs wide forgetting that wat they re putting on is skirt...so as long as the top you wear on ​it is long enough,den you re good to go..But I wil advise you to follow ur heart,don't let anyone tell you wat to do.go thru all the comment and make sure you arrive at a good decision that wil glorify God and make you happy too.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by plappville(f): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
outofthebox: if women wear trouser,e go tight and their yansh go they show..na wahala b that o...if dem wear skirt,their laps go dey show too and that one na wahala too..women generally b wahala jhor

Some people dress like harlots, they intentionally dress like that to seduce men. They have bad spirit, while the decent woman will dress modest.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by akorlade(m): 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
The context of deu 22:5 was for purity amongst the isrealite, not necessarily the apparel.
MEN have nocturnal discharge which make them and the apparel unclean.
WOMEN menstrate which make unclean and their clothens unclean.

It is only a sin for a woman to wear a cloth which has already being use by a male viz-a-viz.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by akorlade(m): 6:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
The context of deu 22:5 was for purity amongst the isrealite, not necessarily the apparel.
MEN have nocturnal discharge which make them and the apparel unclean.
WOMEN menstrate which make unclean and their clothens unclean.

It is only a sin for a woman to wear a cloth which has already being used by a male viz-a-viz.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by plappville(f): 6:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ewa beads: To me,putting on trouser is not a sin,I am a member of MFM and as you all know,we don't wear trouser,but I do cos I see nothing wrong in ​​​​​​it,I wear ​it anytime,but in a decent way.the only thing is I don't wear ​it to church..I also advise some ladies to wear ​it cos most of them don't knw how to sit down,wen they sit they open their legs wide forgetting that wat they re putting on is skirt...so as long as the top you wear on ​it is long enough,den you re good to go..But I wil advise you to follow ur heart,don't let anyone tell you wat to do.go thru all the comment and make sure you arrive at a good decision that wil glorify God and make you happy too.

Because you feel its not proper to, ur conscience is at work here.

Exodus 3:5 "Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground."

But yo can put ur sandals after i am throuh with you. This does not condermn the use of Sandal though undecided i believe we should dress decent when in the presence of God.
when we are at our work place or at home its different.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by ruth42k3(f): 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
Having ur sins forgiven by God,the spirit also beareth witness with your spirit that u are nw a child of God,the spirit will lead you in the right path.when u do sometin and there is a condemnation within you that,what you did is wrong then you know its a sin becos thats the spirit of God.you even asking if its a sin that means there is a condemnation within u.may God lead u.God help you.just listen to his voice.God bless u.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by jeroton: 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
Wearing a trouser is not a sin,people just open bible $ pull out one verse and start laying emphasy on it.the same chapter also say u shall not wear clothe made of same material such as line $ wool,if u look at most of the cloth now is 50% linen 50% wool that should be a sin.the same chapter also say a farmer should not plant diff. Things in their farm that is if u plant yam it should only be yam if u plant another thing that should be a sin.that mean if u are doing one bussiness it should be one bussiness
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Paentera(m): 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
switnjl: I happened to be in this commercial vehicle and the one preaching kept talking about the fact that God hates trousers on a Christian lady because the bible says woman shouldn't put on men's attire.

I put on trousers all the time because it frees my movements. I am also a very dedicated Christian.

should I stop?

I need ur comments pls.

Asking women not to wear this or that is bunkum. In the middle east, up until western influence, men wore garbs, or gowns. While in Scotland, their men wear kilts or what can referred to as skirts! What to wear is a function of culture and does not alter who you are in your mind. Wear what is allowed within your culture and what is comfortable for you.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by dokson(m): 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2012
Whatz d critherium 4 inheriting d kingdom of God according to christ? Love God n ur fellow neighbour as urself. If u ve this at d innermost of ur mind all this controversies shld nt arise. Pls dnt judge anybody, leave that to God almighty d creator whose words only everytn came into existence.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by dokson(m): 6:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
Whatz d critheria 4 inheriting d kingdom of God according to christ? Love God n ur fellow neighbour as urself. If u ve this at d innermost of ur mind all this controversies wil nt arise. Pls dnt judge anybody, leave that to God almighty d creator whose words only everytn came into existence.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by johndahray(m): 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Wsdm: 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
I hope you people know that any body regardless of his religious belief visit this thread. If you make you religion look as if it grant free will to its adherents to subvert its meaning to suit their ego/lust, please ' what signal are you sending'? At least, religion should guide the conduct of men not otherwise. So, take note!
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by nizebony: 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
Orikinla: THERE WERE NO TROUSERS WHEN THE HOLY BIBLE WAS WRITTEN.
IN FACT, WHAT MEN WORE IN THOSE DAYS WERE WHAT WE CALL SKIRTS TODAY.
AS LONG AS THE TROUSERS ARE NOT MEANT TO LURE AND SEDUCE MEN, YOU CAN WEAR THEM.

if there were no trousers back then, av u forgoton dat God is futuristic if i may put it dat way, He foresees and knows wot ill bcum of d world in time to come and dat gave rise to the man dont wear wman's atire and vice viser. plz pals lets be guided, God help us all
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by akin33(m): 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
A Nigeria preacher who always condemn perming and trousers cotravelled to Australia to preach. When he was to preach, he discover that both choir leader and other members wore trousers. The same people speak in tongues and are born again. He then dawn on him that it is Africa preachers that lay emphasis on trousers. Africa preachers preach against it cos they are scared of being seduced. That is d reason. If somebody quotes Deut 22.5, such person lack bible knowledge. Ladies, in d church should dress according to d doctrine of their church.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by emmasege: 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
It is very possible to wear skirt as a lady and be more seductive than even wearing trouser. I used to belong to that school of thougt that outrightly castigates any xtian lady wearing trouser. The scripture says whatever we do should be to the glory of God. If the motive for wearing trouser is to seduce men, then it becomes a sin but if ur motive is pure, u will wear a trouser that covers ur body and does not in anyway seduce men, thereby glorifying God. Finally, i'd like to refer you to the counsel of Apostle John that "If our hearts do not condemn us, then have we confidence toward God". Shalom
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by VOfficialR(m): 7:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
there are female trousers and there are male trousers. trousers- seduction
people wear pants here in sommer and i don't even get moved the slightest, wtf is wit all these people turning Christianity into a culture rather than a belief. smh
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by blessed05: 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
Shame some "believers" have lost direction. At the time Deuteronomy 22 was written men were not wearing trousers. Since when did faith have anything to do with wearing trousers or not.
What happens to the "holy" sisters who adhere to religious decrees by church leaders against trousers; do not wear trousers to church but cannot be trusted with other people's money, have no love for even fellow believers and wear their trousers to satisfy their secret lover's lust?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Ranoscky(m): 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
Brb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tega Akpofure's Husband, Rema Speaks On Her Death & COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / Stop These Sexual Acts In 2024 / "Jesus Christ" Image Appears At A Church In Ikorodu, See What Residents Did Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.