Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? (62059 Views)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Goshen360(m): 1:40am On Sep 02, 2013
holypower:

but the new man(JESUS CHRIST) used the book of Isaiah(in old testament): "And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written," (Luke 4:17).
"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;" (Isaiah 61:1).
And the same new man(JESUS CHRIST) another book in old testament,the book of psalms: "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." (Psalm 110:1).
"He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? " (Matthew 22:43-44).
Showing that the new testament is not rejected by the new man and it is mixed without the old testament...that shows that the old testament is not neglected,ignored nor rejected. Paul used that also in his gospel!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by vickyO(f): 10:59am On Sep 03, 2013
holypower: but Jesus is a jew, why did you believe in HIM? Paul is jew, he was converted by GOD to work for HIM...didn't you quote the verse now? We claim Abraham's blessing but we neglect the command
I don't get you but what I was trying to say is we are no longer under the law. And if you insist you are under it, why not obey all? Don't pick one or two, pick and obey all. E.g. if your child is a miscreant stone him to death.
Christianity (which is what I practice not Judaism) allows for freedom under grace but Paul said be careful not to use your freedom to the detriment of other believers. The Holy Spirit is our guide men. As Paul said concerning meats offered to idols, he said it isn't bad to eat it but if you eat it in disbelief it is sin unto you. so is trousers, if your faith gives room go ahead and if it doesn't, don't go judging others who wear it.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by tulk2mi: 10:34am On Sep 12, 2013
The Bible clearly states the path to salvation. it has not changed over the years. Christ will not judge u by what u wear, if he does dat then I guess ONLY NIGERIAN Christians will go to heaven. Cos this debate about wearing trousers or not is only in Nigerian preaching.
If u are truly born again the spirit will lead u to wear wat is appriopriate for ur gender. Moderation and modesty are the key word.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Adeebiwa09(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2013
On a final note and on better revelation I want to ask both parties a question then I will draw my belief based on my coviction nw.
Those Who Say Its A Sin
1. Does wearing trousers cancel out the grace of God.
2. Wat was the golden rule Jesus gave abt Love and does it have anytin to do with trousers.
3. Have u basedon ur personal vandetta set urself in the judgement sit and condemn people.
4. Do u v a particular mind set abt doz. Dat wear like dy r sinners.
5. Wat will be d difference between those dat wore and doz dat dnt and speaks against it if dy both end up in hell, nt trousers dat tk people to hell bt sin.
6. Y is dat d basis of knwing a born again and wu is nt, and ur preaching. Did Jesus go abt telling people rules instead he tot dm d way.
7.Aw do u act wen ur relatve or frnds dies do u start asking abt if dy died wearing trousers.
8. Aw do u want to act or survive during. Nysc
9. If indeed doz dat wear trousers are sinner wll u save dr soul tru love, condemnatn or love
10.Did d Holy Ghost convict u abt trousers it is for u nt for everybdy and it hz a reasonand dats gud. And he shld b d 1 to do dat nt u

There are many mre from were dat cme from drs still talks abt ur spouse, sexuality, scriptural analysis/study, career, total or partial exclusion, purpose of doing, upbringing, 'men of God's' sayings, aclaimed hell revelations e.t.c

I will talk abt d opposite group nxt/soon. Bt for ds group study Rom. 14. God bless u
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Adeebiwa09(m): 11:06am On Sep 14, 2013
Now to the second group:
Those That Do Not See It As A Sin
1. Y r u wearing it
2. Is it justified of faith, wateva is. Not of faith is sin
3. Can God trust u with a trouser and u won't go wild
4. Aw v u fared sin d day u gave ur life to Christ or started wearing trousers.
5. Did d Holy Spirit convict u against dm, are u obeying or disobeying
6. Are u mre concerned abt doz tins dan to d spiritual tins
7. Are u spiritualy mature or growing. Only a christian can wear trousers, nt church goers or new converts
8. R u nt using ds and oda talks as a leverage
9. Do u v anytin to lose if u dnt wear
10. Wat is God saying abt it.
11. R u nt feeling condemned

Drs many mre from were dat cme from, just as above.

As for me she can were if she wants to and if I enjoy her in it. She if wnt lead to carnality and if it will spice up our relationshp. Omo I go even dy buy am for u. Ntn in d would but sin affects grace and wearing trousers in its self can only b erronously belived to b sin. Study ur bible 4 urself and well b4 u start saying anytin. I love doz dat dnt wear and I like doz dat dnt. Everytin goes.

Other talks abt church service, doctince, methods, makeup. Career e.t.c.

We could start talking abt oda controversial tins like ds nonsence wen dr r mre dan enof rhema in d word dat we v nt eaten. I want to humbly say dat any pastor or minsiter whoever day r dat is preaching abt trousers whether as gud or bad is wasting hs time and I count dat as rubbish, we r nt zombies we r christians, and doz seeing hell, well I comment my reserve. But any church dat is nt sinner frndly will only emass a bunch of hypocrites, carnal, spiritual babes and even sinners. am nt saying dy should permit rubish bt giv sinners opportunities to come in and be saved u and I were also dat but 4 love and. Grace sake we r saved gives odas a chance. God bless u all. Lov u
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
slimdamatrix: It is not sinful for women to wear trousers. Seriously you guys are outta gist 0_o
ur name is sorry honestly so with all these revelations ure not still convinced
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Mklasik(m): 6:39am On Oct 09, 2013
Well, 4rm ma own point of view...it wasnt written in d bible d@ women shouldnt wear trousers ,itz jst “women shouldnt put on w@ belongz 2 a man nd vice versa“,nd itz jst 4 d purpose of cleaniness den... besidez d@ was in accient tym naw d@ Christ has come 2 take up thnz so derz grace 2 wear any cloth bt in a decent way d@ all.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Splinz(m): 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
I kip hearin satanic antics lyk "Its d hrt dat matters nt wat u wear, & "Women trousers". Who are d original owners of trousers, M/F? D bible is cleared on ds topic in DEU 22:5. Dnt eva 4get dat, "OBEDIENCE IS BETA DAN SACRIFICE".
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
@moderator why did you hide my post? there is nothing illegal there according to nairaland rules.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by vickyO(f): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
female shirts - male shirts
female trousers - male trousers
female gowns - male agbada,dansiki,jalamia,...
female skirts - Scottish kilts
unisex baseball caps
female suit - male suit
why is it only trousers religious folks focus on?? both sexes wear the same thing, its just that they are sown in different styles..:.............
and many ladies who believe female trousers, make up and all is a sin end up thinking they are more holy than those who do opposite. that's just a pity cause they've been brainwashed and are terribly mistakened...... Salvation is a personal thing and we will give account of ourselves on that day, the judgement day... so how we work it out is no one's business but God's so let the ladies breathe. Pray for those who haven't met Christ and those who have but haven't let Him in....

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by tpia6: 11:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
tulk2mi: I guess ONLY NIGERIAN Christians will go to heaven.

i guess so too.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Khayil(m): 8:57am On Sep 28, 2014
Chill!!! Chill!!! Chill!!!!
According to Deut 22:5:"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God." This sentence or commandement was made in the time of Moses about 3500years ago, if TROUSERS had existed then, then its Ooº°˚˚˚°º​oOk when everyone wear gowns, cloaks, their is no difference between wht man was wearing and wht the woman was wearin but why would they be given such commandment if wht they wear is not the general thing we know they must have worn? then it must be wht they wear inside.
Now "check this" it isn't possible for a guy to wear a bra definitely the bra is meant for the woman. Cross-dressers dress in garb of the other sex and this I would say is the centre of this law remember that it was stated in Genesis that the people of Sodom and Gomorahh wanted to have sex with the Angels that came to visit Lot. So homosexuality must have existed. Havin said that let's come to the present the Trouser is now the men's cloth which the woman shud not wear in scotland the men where skirts(kilts) does it mean that they would all die and go straight to hell because of their culture? This trouser was invented in the 17th century about 3200years from when the commandment was given if trouser existed then its Ooº°˚˚˚°º​oOk, there is even a great difference between the female trousers and the males' if U̶̲̥̅̊ think I'm lying try to wear one.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Franchris(f): 6:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
switnjl:
when I wear trousers I make sure I wear something long as blouse to cover up.

in the bible days there was nothing like trousers. all they wore was long dresses, both male and female.

does it also mean that I shouldn't wear tee shirt becos its made for guys?

God ll bless you for me o. They wore long dresses back then, and in our days, we have a different pattern of trousers for male and female. E.g you dont expect a guy to put on leggings, you know what that means na, free madness, simply because it's designed for females. So pls, try and understand things 'fore critics.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Franchris(f): 6:46pm On Feb 17, 2015
Khayil:
Chill!!! Chill!!! Chill!!!!
According to Deut 22:5:"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God." This sentence or commandement was made in the time of Moses about 3500years ago, if TROUSERS had existed then, then its Ooº°˚˚˚°º​oOk when everyone wear gowns, cloaks, their is no difference between wht man was wearing and wht the woman was wearin but why would they be given such commandment if wht they wear is not the general thing we know they must have worn? then it must be wht they wear inside.
Now "check this" it isn't possible for a guy to wear a bra definitely the bra is meant for the woman. Cross-dressers dress in garb of the other sex and this I would say is the centre of this law remember that it was stated in Genesis that the people of Sodom and Gomorahh wanted to have sex with the Angels that came to visit Lot. So homosexuality must have existed. Havin said that let's come to the present the Trouser is now the men's cloth which the woman shud not wear in scotland the men where skirts(kilts) does it mean that they would all die and go straight to hell because of their culture? This trouser was invented in the 17th century about 3200years from when the commandment was given if trouser existed then its Ooº°˚˚˚°º​oOk, there is even a great difference between the female trousers and the males' if U̶̲̥̅̊ think I'm lying try to wear one.
E nogo spoil for you my brother.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2015
Why resurrect an old thread?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by juls5555: 12:45am On Oct 13, 2015
[size=14pt]Whoever posted the pic of a woman in slacks needs to consider that such images cause a stumbling block to the man of God. We should never put a stumbling block in front of another brother. Please consider.[/size]
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by tpiander: 4:20am On Oct 13, 2015
what about the images of n.udity which are posted all over the place?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by XaintJoel20: 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
lavita2:
yet, some people would say the bible is a book devoid of ambiguity and a standard for moral leaving. smh. embarassed
lavita2:
yet, some people would say the bible is a book devoid of ambiguity and a standard for moral leaving. smh. embarassed
lavita2:
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by adeoyun(m): 8:33am On Dec 07, 2015
Mary4life1:
Putting on trouser is not a sin.its just that women should dress in a decent manner.people criticise trousers because of deu 22 vs 5.the same deu also said an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.now this religious hypocrites,forgot that part and only focused on the trouser wearing by women.God have mercy on us all!
But Jesus correct the eye for eye and tooth for tooth in Matthew but didn't correct deuteronomy 22:5 why, trousers on a Lady is a sin period
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by adeoyun(m): 8:40am On Dec 07, 2015
jmoore:
Trouser was never mentioned in the bible. God did not make trouser for Adam and skirt for Eve. It's obvious that God made skirts for both Adam and Eve from fig leaves.

God doesn't judge by what we wear but by our hearts. But we should dress decently in whatever we choose to wear
Who told you God care only on the heart, isn't the Bible that says our bodies is the temple of God
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by jmoore(m): 8:46am On Dec 07, 2015
adeoyun:

Who told you God care only on the heart, isn't the Bible that says our bodies is the temple of God
Where is trouser written in the bible? undecided
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 04, 2016
Tgirl4real:
Is the trousers (pant) you are wearing a man's clothing?

Can ur hubby or brother wear same and be comfy?

Answer the question and see if u are right or wrong.

Males wore female style trousers then

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stop These Sexual Acts In 2024 / Tega Akpofure's Husband, Rema Speaks On Her Death & COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / "Jesus Christ" Image Appears At A Church In Ikorodu, See What Residents Did Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.