Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 (32172 Views)

Barcelona Vs Real Madrid: El Clasico (1 - 2) On 2nd April 2016 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 22nd March 2015 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by mukina2: 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
Jose Mourinho never quite got to grips with Pep Guardiola, even allowing for last season's Liga title win. He has had his claws into Tito Vilanova already - literally in one famous case - but this fixture far outstrips the importance of any Supercopa skirmishes.

Real Madrid lie eight points behind Barcelona, and even at this early juncture that looks a potentially fatal gap, especially if it is extended to 11 points at the Camp Nou on Sunday. To follow the example of previous seasons, the losing of two matches might even have cost Real their title already. A defeat in the Clasico, even in early October, could sink a ship that is already lurching.

Mourinho is in his third season with Real Madrid, territory that was only ever chartered once before, at Chelsea, when his most unsatisfactory season at Stamford Bridge was posted. A recollection of that year points to a time of internal strife, bruised egos and the Mourinho message going awry. The early-season strife at the Bernabeu has been redolent of that time. The intense psychological undertaking that is playing for Mourinho may not be sustainable, and we have seen public signs of fraying edges.

Cristiano Ronaldo's ever-changing moods, and a reported rift with Sergio Ramos that centres around the recent excommunication of former favourite son Mesut Ozil, all point to a fractious dressing room. Mourinho, deluged as ever by a rabid Madrid press, is fighting fires when he would prefer to be concentrating on winning football matches.

Last season's title win was a triumph for Mourinho. Wresting the title from a Barcelona team that will go down as one of the greats may just be his finest moment as a manager. The pressure of Spain's great rivalry told on Guardiola in the end; the relaxed figure seen at last week's Ryder Cup with his family cut a considerable contrast to the almost cadaverous figure who had suffered on the sidelines for four years. Winning so much comes at a cost and cannot last forever. There is a time when walking away is the best policy, as Mourinho would no doubt countenance.

Now the pressure lies with Vilanova, and so far he has acquitted himself more than capably. Six wins from six matches is Guardiola-standard stuff. The results have been achieved during a time of considerable stress. There are some tired legs in the Barcelona ranks. And injuries are biting hard after Carles Puyol joined Gerard Pique on the treatment table to leave Vilanova without a recognised centre-back.

Xavi and Iniesta have been used sparingly after yet another summer of international success with Spain. And David Villa's bedding back into the team has not been without its problems. The terse exchange between Lionel Messi and Villa against Granada revealed fault lines in a garden that may not be as rosy as results suggested.

High stakes, high anxiety, such is the way when Barcelona play Real Madrid, even at such an early stage of the season.

Barcelona player to watch - Alex Song When Puyol dislocated his elbow against Benfica, it was the latest in a litany of injuries to befall the increasingly vulnerable captain. Life without Puyol may be difficult to consider but it must be addressed. When Song was signed from Arsenal in the summer, it was because he offered options in a number of positions, with centre-back being one of them. Barca were in the market for such a player all summer, and having been priced out of purchasing Javi Martinez, Song was their next option. Set to partner Javier Mascherano in a converted-midfielder central-defensive partnership that may confuse passing Premier League fans, Song can at least point to some strong performances from when he was called into this role at Arsenal.

Real Madrid player to watch - Cristiano Ronaldo Is he happy? What is he thinking? What we do know is that he is still scoring. A midweek hat-trick in Amsterdam saw him crack into a smile, and possibly just at the right time too. Once a player who saved his worst games for playing against Barcelona, going back to his Manchester United days, he has recently looked to have their measure. It perhaps began with the winning goal in 2011's Copa Del Rey final, but last season he scored against them in three of his four appearances, and was on the mark in both Supercopa encounters. The burden of expectation will be on him once more, but he may now be enjoying playing against Barcelona.

Key battle: Michael Essien v Xavi Mourinho's first couple of Clasicos saw him try and fail to take on Barcelona at their own game and fail miserably. Allowing them space was a deadly error. At the Camp Nou, he will be under less pressure to engage in open warfare, and so blocking off supply lines will be the order of the evening. Essien is one of those lieutenants that Mourinho likes to look to, and a move to Spanish football, where athleticism is less required, might just have been the right move for him. If Mourinho should turn to him, then Essien will be detailed with stopping Xavi dictating the pace, as tough an ask as any in world football but one that he will be happy to do for a man who has revived his top-level career, having looked an odd man out at Chelsea.

Trivia: The Clasico that generated the most goals ever was a 5-5 Franco-era clash in 1942-43.

Stats: The most common result in league matches between the clubs at the Camp Nou has been 1-0, which has been the score nine times, while eight encounters have ended with Barcelona winning 2-1. (FCBarcelona.com)

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/348447/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by ddippset(m): 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
song and mascherano should do very well. dani alvez should be cautioned from going forward, let pedro advance on the right. that way barcelona wont be caught on counters. barca wins 1-0.

1 Like

Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by usbcable(m): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2012
ddippset: song and mascherano should do very well. dani alvez should be cautioned from going forward, let pedro advance on the right. that way barcelona wont be caught on counters. barca wins 1-0.
is pique not fit for the match?
I thought somebody on barca thread said he will play.

but wont batra be a better option, since he is regarded with high esteem as the next big defender for barca.

I wish it was barca midfield that was in absolute crisis not the defence.

barca has always never had a defence, but midfield? you know the answer.

I hope which ever plays amongst essien or modric will shut that engine room down. at least modric did great in the euros and essien is experienced in combat with the tripod from barca.

Hala madrid
hala madrid
hala madrid
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by ddippset(m): 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
usbcable:
is pique not fit for the match?
I thought somebody on barca thread said he will play.

but wont batra be a better option, since he is regarded with high esteem as the next big defender for barca.

I wish it was barca midfield that was in absolute crisis not the defence.

barca has always never had a defence, but midfield? you know the answer.

I hope which ever plays amongst essien or modric will shut that engine room down. at least modric did great in the euros and essien is experienced in combat with the tripod from barca.

Hala madrid
hala madrid
hala madrid
pique is a 50-50. wish bartra will play sha. dont madrid players ever get injured?
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by Roland17(m): 11:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
Diving with the Stars, Episode 1!!!
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by usbcable(m): 3:23am On Oct 06, 2012
ddippset: pique is a 50-50. wish bartra will play sha. dont madrid players ever get injured?
they do but Sanita's seems to be performing very well this past years. no wonder a new contract has been signed wif them.

and RM has better team depth than barca.
to me I dont know why you guys refused to buy a defender in last market.
abi na Song una intened to convert to defender like mascherano?

then that answers my question.
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by jigawatts(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2012
EL-CLASSICO is OVERRATED undecided undecided
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by Whobedatte(m): 9:36am On Oct 06, 2012
Esquero esten bien cules, Gracias! We will increase the Gap to 11 points tomorrow. Rivaldo will cheer us @ the largest stadium in europe tomorrow. Ff me on twitter cules, @Davidademefun VISCA EL BARCA!!!

1 Like

Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by Obinoscopy(m): 9:36am On Oct 06, 2012
Won't miss this match, not even a tsunami would make me miss this match.
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by larride(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2012
Whobedatte: Esquero esten bien cules, Gracias! We will increase the Gap to 11 points tomorrow. Rivaldo will cheer us @ the largest stadium in europe tomorrow. Ff me on twitter cules, @Davidademefun VISCA EL BARCA!!!

Are you high on Mary J??

Hala Madrid
Hala Madrid

1 Like

Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by Javanian: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2012
Madrid fans una know how far na ?
Na Normal Normal grin

Defence or no Defence!

2 Likes

Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by greall1: 9:53am On Oct 06, 2012
Goal goal goal madrid oh no barcelona.
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by savcy(m): 9:55am On Oct 06, 2012
jigawatts: EL-CLASSICO is OVERRATED undecided undecided

The Epl itself is worse overrated.

1 Like

Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by oba2flex(m): 9:56am On Oct 06, 2012
FCB all da way
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by savcy(m): 9:58am On Oct 06, 2012
larride:

Are you high on Mary J??

Hala Madrid
Hala Madrid

I was goin2 ask u same question. Name any stadium in Europe which has more than 99,375 seats.

2 Likes

Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by iamjean(m): 10:00am On Oct 06, 2012
WTF!!! MaDrid alL tHE waY
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 06, 2012
Stay out of predicting this folks, it's going to be bloody. grin grin
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 06, 2012
jigawatts: EL-CLASSICO is OVERRATED undecided undecided

Oh really? Tell me a bigger then. You're probably just hating. FORZA BARCA
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by kunletade(m): 10:33am On Oct 06, 2012
I hope my darling Madric win tomorrow, I know one thing for sure Barca best result will be a draw I have always know that. It part of the reason why I never get scared when playing barca @ home

Viva Madrid
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by EzePromoe: 10:45am On Oct 06, 2012
Forget, this will end in a 3-2 win over Barcelona.

1 Like

Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by siddiq202(m): 10:46am On Oct 06, 2012
watch out for CR7. six out of six for him but with style this time because he will score hat-trick
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by scantee(m): 10:55am On Oct 06, 2012
Barca all the way, defense or no defense...............................yes we can!
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by Tjoshua: 11:38am On Oct 06, 2012
Abeg anybody knows where ‎​i fit get charm to dey win my soccer games ‎​i dey bet online?
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by oyewale0001(m): 11:45am On Oct 06, 2012
Up barca. i realy want 2 tel u guys dat barca wil won by 3-1
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by Kslib(m): 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
Madrid will win this match.. The least goal difference will be 2goals.. Quote me after the match....

1 Like

Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by lafuria1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2012
hala madrid. barca play tiki taka for 80mins, madrid play counter for just 10mins 3-1 madrid wins. each counter takes just 3mins max, if u dont agree, ask ajax grin grin grin or remember super copa. kaka or modric, who will start? the only one knows best. HALA MADRID................
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by Yahoo1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
If cr7 eva scores a hat trick in dix classico,i will quit NL....Haba,he neva even scored a brace,talkless of a hat trick!.....anyway am predicting a 3-2 win for Barca
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by Whobedatte(m): 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
larride:

Are you high on Mary J??

Hala Madrid
Hala Madrid
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by Yahoo1(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
la furia: hala madrid. barca play tiki taka for 80mins, madrid play counter for just 10mins 3-1 madrid wins. each counter takes just 3mins max, if u dont agree, ask ajax grin grin grin or remember super copa. kaka or modric, who will start? the only one knows best. HALA MADRID................
...oops,when waz the last tym Madrid score 3 against us,since we rebranded tiki-taka! Oops....hala madrid? More like haha madrid!
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by Whobedatte(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
larride:

Are you high on Mary J??

Hala Madrid
Hala Madrid
like coach, like deluded fans
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by lafuria1(m): 12:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
Yahoo1: ...oops,when waz the last tym Madrid score 3 against us,since we rebranded tiki-taka! Oops....hala madrid? More like haha madrid!
same way no one saw the 5 nil against us comming, even u didnt predict that, so dont worry even a 4 nil scoreline is possibilitie against barca with their making shift defence hoping higuian (barca agent) doesnt start for madrid grin......
Re: El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 by YINKS89(m): 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
As a barcelona fan I'm vewi unhappy wif puyol injury bt I strongly believe in barca go 4 goals boyz espacially messi....a father nw.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Wolves Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 15th December 2020 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 29th Sept 2012 / Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.