Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,063 members, 7,835,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank (15948 Views)

Kaduna Music Festival Ends In Violence / Before The Honeymoon Ends In Divorce, Simon Kolawole Warns Buhari / Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by tatosh: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2012
This is good news
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 06, 2012
The possibility of Nigeria's oil drying up in 41 years is not as scary as the prospect/likelihood of the US, China and Western Europe discovering/developing alternative sources of energy even before our oil dries up. I'm sure we'll be in big trouble when we suddenly find ourselves with an ocean of crude oil that nobody wants to buy because nobody needs it.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Default01: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2012
Oil wont b depleted even 100yrs to com cus der ar new oil wels dat ar nt tapped yet.d only bad tin is dat oil myt loose its value in 40yrs time cus of new energy sources dat ar being sugested.china 4 example has been minning gold 4 God knwns wen.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by atuagbo: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2012
Mr Lee: Na lie o Ogoni oil still dey o

Bakassi oil still dey, we neva start 2 tap am @ all.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Kelskelly(m): 9:19am On Oct 06, 2012
It's amazing the kind of comments I see on this forum. This country is in real trouble if this is the mentality of our generation. I have just a few points.
1. This is a clear analytical work. It's a combo of geology, geophysics, reservoir engineering and mathematics. I can't understand people asking if they are God. Did God ever say oil will last forever?
2. The analysis is based on proven reserves and current depletion rate. At approx 2.5m bpd, that's how lond it will last. If you don't understand how it works, then shut up. You don't have to comment.
3. The present technology for offshore and deep offshore wells are designed to deplete the reservoirs as fast as possible (high oil prices, better economic). Moreover most wells are designed to last for about 20yrs as after this time, he accessories start to fall apart. Workovers are very expensive in deep water wells.
4. Exploration has drastically reduced as all investors are tired of the thieves we have as govt officials. Why explore in a den of thieves when I can explore in Ghana? So addition to the proven reserves is very slow compared to our exploitation.
5. For all those saying we have unproven reserves, you are right we have them, but I hope you know what the word unproven means.

My last word, if you are ignorant about a topic, please leave the thread. There are topics about davido and Tinto dikeh for you. Don't display your blatant ignorance for the world to see. This is my last warning.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by DeGrace01(m): 9:23am On Oct 06, 2012
Nonsense, this had been the wish and prayer of the westerners, but they are not God. we dont need their forcast ok. Oil deposit in Nigeria will last till next 1000yrs whether they like it or not they can hug transformer for all i care.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by pareto(m): 9:26am On Oct 06, 2012
Our leaders won't mind since they are not likely to live till then. Most of their grand children won't even be in the country by then.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 06, 2012
k2039: [size=13pt]That is only possible base on the available data,and the available data is only based on the oilfileds that have been discovered so far.
We all know more oilwells will stilll be discovered and as technology improves fields and wells that cannot be eplored now will be explored in the later future.

I say this to the world bank,keep your mouth shut and mind your bussiness,their are lot of unproven reserves in Nigeria(unproven reserve is even greater than the proven reserve).
If I hear say oil finish till Jesus come.mtcheew
[/size]

as u ve said more oil well shall be discovered and advanced technology shall also be used ti explore the unexplorable esp those in the north........

The Analyst says goin by our current production the oil shall deplete in 41years...........wha about if we reduce production.....more years ahead.......

but one day gonna one day when oil will be no more or attention shall be shifted to other sources for generating power/energy!!!

If we waste what God has blessed us with today as our leaders are doin what resources are we gonna left-out for our GreatGrandChildren!!!!

Nigerian Leaders what re u leaving for ur grandchildren!!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 06, 2012
pareto: Our leaders won't mind since they are not likely to live till then. Most of their grand children won't even be in the country by then.

as time goes on, racial discrimination all over the world will get tougher and tougher........my brother, our leaders children will get no where to go But here in Africa........Nigeria shall be a better place too soon;amen!!!

The word is in the sky,the citizens will soon reach the wall and turn around!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by solomonkane(m): 9:32am On Oct 06, 2012
De-Grace01:
Nonsense, this had been the wish and prayer of the westerners, but they are not God. we dont need their forcast ok. Oil deposit in Nigeria will last till next 1000yrs whether they like it or not they can hug transformer for all i care.

So if the Westerners refuse to buy, of what value is your oil? All it means is that diversification is no longer an option, its become a matter of grave importance. People worldwide are already smelling the wind of change, Shell BP is already cutting production world wide and diversifying its operations, the Arab nations are diversifying and investing in other sectors, we had better borrow a leaf from them in order to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by solomonkane(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2012
pro01: The possibility of Nigeria's oil drying up in 41 years is not as scary as the prospect/likelihood of the US, China and Western Europe discovering/developing alternative sources of energy even before our oil dries up. I'm sure we'll be in big trouble when we suddenly find ourselves with an ocean of crude oil that nobody wants to buy because nobody needs it.

You make sense well. Don't mind the olodos who are claiming oil will last forever as if oil in itself is money.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by mikey2fin: 9:39am On Oct 06, 2012
That name Nigeria will not exit in 41 years to come
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Samxiulee: 9:49am On Oct 06, 2012
Kelskelly: It's amazing the kind of comments I see on this forum. This country is in real trouble if this is the mentality of our generation. I have just a few points.
1. This is a clear analytical work. It's a combo of geology, geophysics, reservoir engineering and mathematics. I can't understand people asking if they are God. Did God ever say oil will last forever?
2. The analysis is based on proven reserves and current depletion rate. At approx 2.5m bpd, that's how lond it will last. If you don't understand how it works, then shut up. You don't have to comment.
3. The present technology for offshore and deep offshore wells are designed to deplete the reservoirs as fast as possible (high oil prices, better economic). Moreover most wells are designed to last for about 20yrs as after this time, he accessories start to fall apart. Workovers are very expensive in deep water wells.
4. Exploration has drastically reduced as all investors are tired of the thieves we have as govt officials. Why explore in a den of thieves when I can explore in Ghana? So addition to the proven reserves is very slow compared to our exploitation.
5. For all those saying we have unproven reserves, you are right we have them, but I hope you know what the word unproven means.

My last word, if you are ignorant about a topic, please leave the thread. There are topics about davido and Tinto dikeh for you. Don't display your blatant ignorance for the world to see. This is my last warning.
Thank you my brother,all of a sudden people who never saw a rig before becomes geological experts,am stunned with the response am seeing from people I assumed are Educated,the report didn't say the oil will Finnish ,it only said that the rate of production will reduce by that time,if will continue to produce at the current level of production 2.5 million barrel per day,couple with our "proven reserve",it take almost a million years for organic materials to decompose into crude oil.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by k2039: 9:57am On Oct 06, 2012
donroxy:

as u ve said more oil well shall be discovered and advanced technology shall also be used ti explore the unexplorable esp those in the north........

The Analyst says goin by our current production the oil shall deplete in 41years...........wha about if we reduce production.....more years ahead.......

but one day gonna one day when oil will be no more or attention shall be shifted to other sources for generating power/energy!!!

If we waste what God has blessed us with today as our leaders are doin what resources are we gonna left-out for our GreatGrandChildren!!!!

Nigerian Leaders what re u leaving for ur grandchildren!!!!

Our main problem is leadership,more reason why people like you should consider going into politics
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by collins123(m): 10:00am On Oct 06, 2012
savcy: 12years ago they said its 30yrs til our reserve is depleted. 12yrs later, its 41yrs! Did they drill d ground and measure barrel by barrel?? Dats how dey'v bin predicting doom 4 our economy and nationhood,yet we stil thrive. Make dm park wel jor.

How una dey thrive? High rate of unemploymet while your leaders/looters drive x series and buy businesses n hotels and telecom companies abroad. See ur life. Yes na U̶̲̥̅̊ I dey talk to and you know yerself.

Review Nigeria 77 and 2011 and tell me the thriving part? Or you think because you have the highest number of internet (cheap mtn bis, cheats and the likes) users make your nation a thriving one. SMH

Useless internet that you all use to bash your self endlessly here with nothing to show for it.

I look around nairaland, all I see is dumb people. Cowards. I spit on your face.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by conyema12(m): 10:19am On Oct 06, 2012
k2039:

[size=13pt]well you have a point,I was even suprised when my lecturer told me oloibiri was still producing.
I agree our legislation is extremely bad,even the oil companies know this,that why they try shi^ts they cant try in other countries here.
I hope the right people are actually reading the article then,we need to plan ahead.
Our fundamental problem in nigeria has been bad leadership
[/size]

The responsibility rests on the shoulder of NNPC, I really don't know what they are doing, The likes of NNPC in other countries are very proactive in terms of exploratory activities, like PETROBRAS in Brasil, ADCO in UAE, PETRONAS in Malaysia. Their work is be collecting percentages from these IOCs and Indigenous OCs from the already produced crude without thinking for the future.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by SirElaw(m): 10:25am On Oct 06, 2012
Ifetex: @ list we ill go bk 2 ur 4mal tread" slave tread"
and u'll have 2 go bck 2 school 2 learn how 2 spell correctly
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by k2039: 10:30am On Oct 06, 2012
conyema12:

The responsibility rests on the shoulder of NNPC, I really don't know what they are doing, The likes of NNPC in other countries are very proactive in terms of exploratory activities, like PETROBRAS in Brasil, ADCO in UAE, PETRONAS in Malaysia. Their work is be collecting percentages from these IOCs and Indigenous OCs from the already produced crude without thinking for the future.

Nigeria as a whole is a reactive country,we only react to events,too bad.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by fasbio(m): 10:32am On Oct 06, 2012
post.email:
It saddens me that Nigerians are always too rash in their comments. The report did not say oil production will end in 41 yrs, but level of production will drop from 2011 production level in 41 yrs .
*we are always in a hurry to do everything, and not taking time to think things through before acting. I reckon that's why this country is so fvcked.

good talk
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by 190: 10:55am On Oct 06, 2012
jaw jaw: I am involved in the oil and gas industry but all the same, make the oil finish so that we can all go back to the basics and start to use our ingenuity or develop our other God-given resources properly to survive.

Yes like hunting cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:02am On Oct 06, 2012
ULSHERLAN: Dem be God..mtchew

Dem be God since God no send us again.. bleeping 60 million christians cannot pray to change the fortunes of Nigeria.. natural disasters everywhere, kidnappings everywhere, insecurity everywhere, police and robbers robbing and killing, rapes everywhere with no word from God, yet he collects his monies Monday-Sunday, January to December angry
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Olofintoto(m): 11:07am On Oct 06, 2012
The problem we have on oil is this; Our govt depend so much on oil and this will not help the country. The only way out is to find another sector like agriculture,shipping e.t.c so that we can reduce our dependency on oil.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Shaw007(m): 11:11am On Oct 06, 2012
Very Good. . .i think its best we all 4get about this oil,infact i'm sure if we didnt have oil,we wud av shifted our focus 2 sometin else,Nigeria has many talents. . .its best we move On,but one erroneous tin in that essay is that. . .There is circulation of the oil money alright
Circulation among the politicians/power-holders. . .abi den no part of public??
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Truckpusher(m): 11:13am On Oct 06, 2012
FINALLY THE CURSE OF THE BLACK GOLD WOULD BE OVER AND THE OPPRESSED PEOPLE OF THE NIGER DELTA WILL REBUILD THEIR DESTROYED ENVIRONMENT AND THIS OUR GENERATION MUST WATCH WITH SHAME IN THEIR OLD AGE AS THEIR CHILDREN AND GRAND CHILDREN REBUILD WHAT THEY COULDN'T SAVE FROM THE HANDS OF THEIR OPPRESSORS CALLED ONE NIGERIA.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by dollyptosh(m): 11:15am On Oct 06, 2012
Na wash
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Lamasta(m): 11:20am On Oct 06, 2012
fubbyy: this one thing i hate about all this religious fanatics,attributing everything to God, imagine an adult arguing with me sometime ago that its God that decides when rain wil fall, a doctor warned my cousin nt 2 get pregnant again after her 3rd delivery because of her health bt she askd d same question,weda doctor na God? She went and gt another pregnant,today where is she? 6 ft under d ground,u ppl shuld hv a mind of ur own
So you mean God is not relevant shay?
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Default01: 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
Truck pusher u hav said it all.we ar even tired of carrying d burden of nigeria 4 so long.we hav bleed and starved,we hav spoon feed dis country 4 so long,let al dis end.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Darius2000: 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
De-Grace01:

Karl Marx was right when he said that religion is the opium of the masses. Have you asked yourself why God gave you a brain? Its to think, forcast, plan, execute, so He can have some rest....
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by remzytimer: 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
Wow! 41 years is even much, well' d earlier the best let's start planning for the future, what will nigeria depend on?
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by remzytimer: 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
Wow! 41 years is even much, well' d earlier the best let's start planning for the future, what will nigeria depend on? Agriculture, Effective tax system
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by lukkie(m): 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
41yrs is too far. I wish it dries up in 4 so everyone can go their own way and sort themselves out. Nigeria is a waste as it is now & the oil is the only thing holding us together.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Seemyfather(m): 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
O gaooooooo, 2015, Nigeria will...., 50 years time, Lagos will be...... as well. Now in 41 yeas time Nigeria oil will also..... Abeg let them tell us how to put an end to all these Boko & Ram of a thing o jare.

Abeg let them also tell us something about our president's wife o jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira / Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. / All Roads In The South East Are Death Traps – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.