Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,221 members, 7,860,398 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:28 AM

Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank (15956 Views)

Kaduna Music Festival Ends In Violence / Before The Honeymoon Ends In Divorce, Simon Kolawole Warns Buhari / Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by lorddannie: 7:14am On Oct 06, 2012
Oseniade: Danger! This is why self employment should be encouraged.We have got to shift our focus from oil to other sectors of the economy like Agriculture.Remember the groundnut pyramids of d north and Cocoa house of Ibadan.Gracias![color=#990000][/color]
they no longer plant groundnuts. they plant bombs!
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by fubbyy(m): 7:18am On Oct 06, 2012
ULSHERLAN: Dem be God..mtchew
this one thing i hate about all this religious fanatics,attributing everything to God, imagine an adult arguing with me sometime ago that its God that decides when rain wil fall, a doctor warned my cousin nt 2 get pregnant again after her 3rd delivery because of her health bt she askd d same question,weda doctor na God? She went and gt another pregnant,today where is she? 6 ft under d ground,u ppl shuld hv a mind of ur own

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 06, 2012
my friend with in red ink,you are a bush man to say we have other reserve,it's like you appreciate poverty and that is why you are a wretched man,fool
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by sentix(m): 7:22am On Oct 06, 2012
God Please freeze Nigerian Crude Oil for just 6 months maybe this will allow us to change and become better.
This will create a situation for a new Nigeria.
Amen
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by lorddannie: 7:24am On Oct 06, 2012
savcy: 10years ago they said its 30yrs til our reserve is depleted. 12yrs later, its 41yrs! Did they drill d ground and measure barrel by barrel?? Dats how dey'v bin predicting doom 4 our economy and nationhood,yet we stil thrive. Make dm park wel jor.
Good questions! the analysis ans statistics was based on current proven reserves, as more reserves are being discovered, the longer the years it would take before extinction. new reserves are being discovered in the deep offshore, so the date of extinction might still be shifted.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by lorddannie: 7:27am On Oct 06, 2012
savcy: 10years ago they said its 30yrs til our reserve is depleted. 12yrs later, its 41yrs! Did they drill d ground and measure barrel by barrel?? Dats how dey'v bin predicting doom 4 our economy and nationhood,yet we stil thrive. Make dm park wel jor.
Good questions! the analysis ans statistics was based on current proven reserves, as more reserves are being discovered, the longer the years it would take before extinction. new reserves are being discovered in the deep offshore, so the date of extinction might still be shifted. The current reserves are 35billion barrels for oil and 185trillion cubic feet of gas.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Kaydem(m): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2012
Mtchewww........

According to the World bank’s chief economist, Mineral wealth in African countries including Nigeria don’t transla
te to prosperity because the money accruing from it doesn’t pass through the citizens, and the citizens don’t see the wealth as theirs. SMH.......
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by epitome86: 7:31am On Oct 06, 2012
na dem sabi ....e good make bush meat catch the hunter one day... Since in jst some certain citizen dat are enjoin it
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by k2039: 7:38am On Oct 06, 2012
conyema12:
You are absolutely corrected, but the big question is, how aggressive is our oil exploration activities, most of the wells that are producing today were discovered in the 60s and 70s. We should continue to carry out both near field and wildcat oil exploration now that can serve in the next 70 and 80 yrs. In the UK, UAE, US they currently have ongoing aggressive exploration activities that is why they have a lot of Geoscience jobs. Our legislation in terms of oil business is near to zero, hence the report.

[size=13pt]well you have a point,I was even suprised when my lecturer told me oloibiri was still producing.
I agree our legislation is extremely bad,even the oil companies know this,that why they try shi^ts they cant try in other countries here.
I hope the right people are actually reading the article then,we need to plan ahead.
Our fundamental problem in nigeria has been bad leadership
[/size]
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by 9jii(m): 7:38am On Oct 06, 2012
Its really sad to know that, the only things we r goin to left for our upcoming generations out of this Oil is it Cursed.
Y we think like the way are?
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by size38: 7:42am On Oct 06, 2012
Nawa ooo! Its a wake up call for countries that are governed by human beings. But for nigeria, its a wake up call for our leaders to intensify their looting. Chei! We don die.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by EzePromoe: 7:47am On Oct 06, 2012
[size=24pt][color=990000]Please NLders, lets show sanity in making comments. Coming to think of it, those who are boasting of oil reserves that will last in 150 years or 200 years, provided it be true, don't you think that by then the use of oil would be drastically reduced and oil will not be in so much demand as it is. Other sources of energy would be discovered. For example, you can see now that electric cars has been created, what of the solar system used in most home as a means of producing electricity. By then oil would be history. Scientists are making researches daily in other to find a more convenient source of energy that won't pollute the air thereby causing the depletion of the ozone layer.[/color][/size]
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by mkmyers45(m): 7:50am On Oct 06, 2012
Okija_juju: utter bollocks

When we have untapped reserves offshore..

And even if it's true, we have a shiit load of gas to last over 100 years
Okija me and you know no one is interested in Gas
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Mogten(m): 7:52am On Oct 06, 2012
These people can barely predict the weather, let alone underground resource
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by larimo(m): 7:55am On Oct 06, 2012
The report is correct and does not bring out any new information as such. We have always known that our current reserves should last between 35 and 45 years depending on daily productions. The lifespan also depends on if new discoveries are being made. So in 10 years to come, we might still say another 40years. Fields discovered in the deep offshore have helped increase the lifespan of oil production. Most of the fields developed in the 70s' are at the end of their lives. They may still be producing but in a few thousands of barrels and plenty water grin.
Someone mentioned that Nigerian has more unproven reserves than proven reserves. Thats an ERROR. We have huge unproven resources not unproven reserves, beacuse they have not been drilled yet so you cannot really say what you have. We speak of reserves as something that you can actually account for. The onshore (coastal swamp in particular) holds significant resources but mainly in high pressure/temperature contexts. Companies aren't ready for that yet. Currently we are not exploring as much because companies are very skeptical about the PIB as well as the the avoidance of working onshore. Companies for now, are content with developng abd producing current discoveries until things become better.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by mkmyers45(m): 7:59am On Oct 06, 2012
blink182: Nigeria is a major gas producer, I believe the second largest reservoir in the world is in delta state and owned by conoil. Oil is just one of those things that the government diverted attention to. When we run out of oil, attention would be shifted to gas though I wonder if this contraption called Nigeria would still be in existence.
You are joking right?
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by mkmyers45(m): 7:59am On Oct 06, 2012
Mogten: These people can barely predict the weather, let alone underground resource
Nonsense...
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Sircuba: 8:02am On Oct 06, 2012
We go dey produce CASSAVA BREAD or bomb
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by OmoTier1(m): 8:04am On Oct 06, 2012
The same world bank that claimed earlier this week that there is no available data in Nigeria? Hehe, I dey laugh ohhhhh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by ijawkid(m): 8:06am On Oct 06, 2012
If the crude we have now can just be frozen for sometime I think 9ja can retrace her steps....because this crude oil has really dulled this country for too long.....

The leaders only think of oil and how they'll keep stealing from its gains....

This country dey mad o....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by kenx1(m): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2012
Let T‎​ђε̲̣̣̣̥ looting escalates :-D
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by codernoni: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2012
They should wait oo!! I go chop my share of the oyel money before e finish. In the name of Jesus
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2012
as a scientist i know from available scientific data that in less than 30 years, oil wil loss it relevance due to the advances been made in the field of renewable energy, so we dont even need to panic we will still be selling oil for even the next 200 years but at a far far less value as demand for it will be largely depleted
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by sylve11: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2012
ZUBY77: Atleast that will allow us to look into other areas, especially agriculyure.

But is Anambra oil included? There is a guy named chino who will commit suicide because of such news.

Lol, Chino Rambo! grin cool
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:49am On Oct 06, 2012
supereagle: Mineral wealth in African countries including Nigeria don’t translate to prosperity because the money accruing from it doesn’t pass through the citizens, and the citizens don’t see the wealth as theirs./
hm! D truth of the matter. Wake up Nigerians...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by ZeusI: 8:50am On Oct 06, 2012
100% LIE! Dumb fools.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2012
I disbelieve this report. Why do I Oil is a by-product of changes made to decaying organic matter in the presence of heat and moisture. If the current reserves expire or get tapped in the next 41 yrs, then more would have been produced by the process i described above. So i dont see the reserves ever going dry. Unless by 41yrs time, Nigeria doesnt have swamps and forests anymore. But who said so Oil could also be found in tar sands.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by OILOFGLADNESS: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2012
@poster, @nigeria, God created natural resources, He is the owner, it was never manufactured bt man, that is why it is natural, he decides when to take it back or dry the oil from the reserves, he can even decides it today, but He is a merciful and compassionate God He knows the people He created needs it.

whose report shall we believe, the report of man or of God?
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Baba419(m): 8:56am On Oct 06, 2012
41years, I suppose to don dey collect my oil pension money by then grin
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 9:02am On Oct 06, 2012
Baba419: 41years, I suppose to don dey collect my oil pension money by then grin
have you asked yourself what will your childrens furture be, what will be left for them and their children, Nigerian are too selfish that is why this country cant move forward
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Iskra: 9:04am On Oct 06, 2012
Great News.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Ends In 41 Years – World Bank by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 06, 2012
Ediot nonsens world bank! if na dem be God oya make we see! usless peopple na una give us the oil ? na so so bad bele and rumore to distabilize country na em una sabi; where una dey when economies for world go enter crisis ehn; usless peopple! moda 4okers! grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal / PDPSMG Calls For Reversal Buhari's Illegal June 12 'democracy Day' Declaration / Lagos Muslim Community Demands Sharia Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.