Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,919 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. (17809 Views)

Genocide Looms, Atiku Warns As Igbo Leaders, Northern Youths’ Meeting Ends / Jonathan’s PDP Peace Meeting Ends In Disarray / NASS Crisis: What Buhari Told APC Reps At The Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by PhockPhockMan: 4:11am On Jul 28, 2015

The meeting President Muhammadu Buhari held with the All Progressives Congress members in the House of Representatives on Monday failed to resolve the leadership crisis in the lower chamber of the National Assembly.

At the end of the meeting which lasted about 20 minutes, members of the two factions in the House stuck to their different positions and interpreted the President’s message to them during the closed-door meeting in a manner that suited their camps.

A mild drama played out as members of the different factions struggled to grant interviews to State House correspondent.

The thrust of their positions was that the President directed them to remain with the party with a view to ensuring that the APC delivers the promised change to Nigerians.

A leader of one of the factions and former Minority Leader, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, later told journalists that the meeting dwelt extensively on party supremacy, adding that before the end of the day, Nigerians would be briefed on the decision reached.

He said, “We are still talking. But I think this is the first time everybody is coming together in a cordial atmosphere. We came together for the first time as one family, with a lot of camaraderie. I think we are almost at the point where all of these would be behind us, hopefully by tomorrow (Tuesday).

“It is not about magic; it is about what should have been done a long time ago. We have finally sat down together and we will resolve it before the night, in a couple of hours.

“The important thing is that the country wants to move ahead. The House wants to move ahead and the party wants to move ahead. Move ahead, we shall.

“Whoever or whatever outside forces that might have been stoking the fire, I think we would put that to an end this evening at the meeting.”

The National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, said the party would have a good news for the nation by Tuesday.

Odigie-Oyegun said a lot was achieved during the brief meeting.

The party chairman said, “Everything is upbeat. You can see that I am smiling. You will be very surprised that a lot was achieved in 20 minutes.

“As the chairman of the party, I can say that there are no discordant tunes. You can see the Speaker of the House standing firmly besides me and I have a feeling that in another three or four hours and by tomorrow, we will have good news for the nation.

“It is never too late to straighten the path.”

The Speaker, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, said he had always remained on the side of the party.

“I have always stood firmly by the party. There has never been a time that I never stood firmly by the party.

“So, like my chairman has explained, we are going into consultations with the party and I am sure that sooner than later, we will have good news for Nigeria.”

The meeting which was held inside the new Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, started at about 5.40pm and ended about 20 minutes after.

Dogara and Gbajabiamila led their different groups to the meeting.

Some members of the APC National Working Committee, led by their chairman, also attended.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-apc-reps-meeting-ends-in-deadlock/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Willswise(m): 4:12am On Jul 28, 2015
Another dead end.

Just saying because

There Is always light at the end of the tunnel

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by koolpal(m): 4:13am On Jul 28, 2015
i don't think d meeting has ended...in deadlock rather from d look of things its going to be a win win situation in the end for we Nigerians... hopeful...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by RichDad1(m): 4:21am On Jul 28, 2015
Baba it's time to wield the big stick. No time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by tony1918(m): 4:27am On Jul 28, 2015
Its not a deadlock.from femi's speech i believe a deal has been struck all they need to do is finalize the meeting and make the parties decision firm
Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by RichDad1(m): 4:28am On Jul 28, 2015
According to this report, the meeting has not ended.
For the Wailers, try to read before jumping into senseless conclusion.
#thankmelater.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by nnachukz(m): 5:06am On Jul 28, 2015
Even before his party men, buhari's words is not taken serious, as everyone interprets them to suit him.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by onatisi(m): 5:23am On Jul 28, 2015
Mega confusion party with a mega slow president . grin

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Candyrain(m): 7:12am On Jul 28, 2015
Always ending in deadlock. I'm sure they are still being paid even with all these their madness. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Brightology2(m): 7:13am On Jul 28, 2015
Bubu put ur house in order.enough of all dis nonsense
Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Beremx(f): 7:26am On Jul 28, 2015
onatisi:
and you're a mega wailing TANoid.

Oniranu!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Demmocrats(m): 7:29am On Jul 28, 2015
Wow I can feel it, its gona be another fight can't wait for this cinema oya ishilove provide popcorn let's eat together its movie time
www.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by PhockPhockMan: 7:30am On Jul 28, 2015
Beremx:

Oniranu!
Please face topic.

Ishilove, lalasticlala.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 28, 2015
onatisi:
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Evil demonic waving broomsticks will soon come for u

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Beremx(f): 7:32am On Jul 28, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Please face topic.

Ishilove, lalasticlala.

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 28, 2015
Gbaja will surely lose out in all of this

11 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 28, 2015
donmix:
grin cheesy grin cheesy
they ve sent their flying fat witch to do reconaissance first

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by sammyj: 7:35am On Jul 28, 2015
angry PMB should not only give them deadline to resolve but go further work the party NWC to deal with any party member who is not ready to adhere to party supremacy since they all came through the party platform SHIKENA !!! cool undecided
Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by onatisi(m): 7:38am On Jul 28, 2015
Beremx:
Oniranu!
keep crying and stay sorrowful .

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by maestroferddi: 7:38am On Jul 28, 2015
Let Tinubu and his minions keep flogging a dead horse.

I know that the north have moved on. Unfortunately, some people are yet to get it.

Let's see how "party" or more succinctly put Tinubu's supremacy would prevail...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 28, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
don't mind aunty fattima grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by onatisi(m): 7:40am On Jul 28, 2015
donmix:
grin cheesy grin cheesy
I have protection with my umbrella against any demonic ogboni broom. grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Beremx(f): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2015
onatisi:
keep crying and stay sorrowful .
Wailing Wailer TANoid!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by PhockPhockMan: 7:44am On Jul 28, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
That party is full of Sadists, especially the one whose moniker start with letter B.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by disloman(m): 7:46am On Jul 28, 2015
Some pple don't read to understand,just to pick what they wanted to understand.Shame.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by sweatlana: 9:01am On Jul 28, 2015
Mr president is confused. In over his head.
Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by goodlifehyd(m): 9:02am On Jul 28, 2015
undecided
Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by mrborntodoit: 9:02am On Jul 28, 2015
Dramatic!

They were even struggling for first to comment about the meeting to the state house journalists.

APC = Shame

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Mega005(m): 9:02am On Jul 28, 2015
Meaning that saraki and dogora are going down d Drain if they refused party supremacy..
Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by MemphisDepay(m): 9:03am On Jul 28, 2015
May the Good Lord save Nigeria...
Re: Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 28, 2015
Someone need to remind PMB that in our constitution the legislative arms and its judiciary counterpart are not subservient to executive arm of government .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Documents Trace The Whereabout Of Missing $7.8bn NLNG Dividends - TheCable / Senator Shehu Sani Advises Dino Melaye To Submit Self To Police (photos) / Heavy Deployment Of Army to Anambra Is Meant To Reassure Voters – IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.