Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,291 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons (23877 Views)

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. / My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by maclatunji: 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
kulyie: lol,of course i think outside d box n if ure married,ur wife is such a lucky lady

I am not married.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Amynamerica: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
. . . . . and you attached your picture because. . . . ?
He is marketable! grin̶̲̥̅̊

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by rofemiguwa(f): 3:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
Mrs angelahoney.ayam sorry for u.all dis tinz r simply avoidable.u want Sometin diff cook a small portion for ursef den giv him wat he wants.y create problems for ur self.am sure dts d same way u haf bin doing odr tinz to ur taste without considering his request.one advice for u sista.a lot of young pretty gals are out dere 1st class chiass unmarried.u will have a hard tym marketing ur second hand ware.berra save ur marriage for ur own good.a word is enuf for d wise.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by acidtalk: 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Its a pity a lot of men suffer inferiority complex. I grew up in a wealthy home, I studied in UK, I have a business with a monthly turnover running into tens of millions.
My husband is struggling with a peanut salary job. I asked him to resign and work for me so that the money I pay doesn't leave the family. But he refused.
I'm very beautiful with a child and not up to 30. Some people say its because I'm richer. May be. In fact I bought him a brand new car but he prefers to drive the Tokunboh jalopy.

I would not want to mention his tribe so that the thread does not deviate. That's my side.

Is it just me or can someone testify this EXACT words were once used on another thread ceated by a diFferent username. I am not so good at following username and thread topics but I will not be wrong to say this whole story is "Make Believe"

Assuming it is true, I just want to advice you madam to DIVORCE your husband.
Since you think you are too sophisticated for him. Then throw him out of the house.

But note that it is easier for a poor man to find many women than a rich woman to find one man. If you doubt me, then try it.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Mystiqme: 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
goodluckizuchi: Woman I advice u any time u have a problem with ur husband don't tell him that u are still marketable two trie to obeyed ur husband command onLess it is something that u know that is not good to do three u should know that catfish is for papersoup and goatmeat is for soup because of the egusi is not good with catfish and third go and plead ur husband promise him that u we never go contrally to his command and he we forgive u if he love u realy ok don't panic or insult him by say that some body can see u and still price u ok that is a very wrong word to use to ur husband thanks and talk the advice ok

[color=#770077][/color]
Oga goodluck...Here no be facebook o.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by agitator: 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
arramyjay:

Geez,wht stubborness,she didn't cook pepper soup for d guy instead she made egusi soup,do u knw if she was trying to manage money,[/b]wht has peppersoup got to do wit getting divorced? It is funny how things like dis don't come up when or while dating instead it comes up when it is marriage.
SIT DowN and pls dnt type again.

Which money was she saving?
read well before you type nonsense.

Angelahoney: Hello Nlanders. I have been hearing a lot about this site for a long time. I often visit this site but I've never been a member.
I have a problem with my marriage and I hope there are matured people who can help.
My husband of 5 years want to divorce me for trivial reason. It even sounds funny talking about it.

Last week [b]he asked me to buy fresh catfish and goat meat. He said he wanted to eat catfish pepper soup, while I prepare egusi soup with the goat meat. I wanted something different so I prepared goat meat pepper soup and used the cat fish for egusi soup.

His inlaws came and they enjoyed it. But my husband was frowning. He said I'm too stuborn and he refused to talk to me. He has refused to sleep with me. I can't go a week without his sensual touch. To crown it all, he's threatening for a divorce. What do I do?

Pls your advice is needed. Thank. (I'm still pretty and marketable but he doesn't appreciate that).
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by acidtalk: 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Its a pity a lot of men suffer inferiority complex. I grew up in a wealthy home, I studied in UK, I have a business with a monthly turnover running into tens of millions.
My husband is struggling with a peanut salary job. I asked him to resign and work for me so that the money I pay doesn't leave the family. But he refused.
I'm very beautiful with a child and not up to 30. Some people say its because I'm richer. May be. In fact I bought him a brand new car but he prefers to drive the Tokunboh jalopy.

I would not want to mention his tribe so that the thread does not deviate. That's my side.

Is it just me or can someone testify this EXACT words were once used on another thread ceated by a diFferent username. I am not so good at following username and thread topics but I will not be wrong to say this whole story is "Make Believe"

Assuming it is true, I just want to advice you madam to DIVORCE your husband.
Since you think you are too sophisticated for him. Then throw him out of the house.

But note that it is easier for a poor man to find many women than a rich woman to find one man. If you doubt me, then try it.

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by outofthebox: 3:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
When a woman feels her level is bigger than her husband,wat do u xpect.d fact remains that u see urself higher than him but u just needed to marry.he is unlucky though.i pity am.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by kinematic(m): 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Hello Nlanders. I have been hearing a lot about this site for a long time. I often visit this site but I've never been a member.
I have a problem with my marriage and I hope there are matured people who can help.
My husband of 5 years want to divorce me for trivial reason. It even sounds funny talking about it.

Last week he asked me to buy fresh catfish and goat meat. He said he wanted to eat catfish pepper soup, while I prepare egusi soup with the goat meat. I wanted something different so I prepared goat meat pepper soup and used the cat fish for egusi soup.
His inlaws came and they enjoyed it. But my husband was frowning. He said I'm too stuborn and he refused to talk to me. He has refused to sleep with me. I can't go a week without his sensual touch. To crown it all, he's threatening for a divorce. What do I do?

Pls your advice is needed. Thank. (I'm still pretty and marketable but he doesn't appreciate that).

I don't think any leader likes to see their authority flouted, in any situation whatsoever. So I can relate to your husband's perspective. You really need to pray hard for change in your actions and thoughts, because honestly you don't sound like you give much regard to your husband.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Angelahoney: 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
Many people are saying marriage is old fashion. I didn't think so but now it might be true.
Mind you, a lot of women talking here are not married. Many of them don't know how to keep a man. Some of them are even thinking of marrying a ready made man.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
Its not the trivial issue that made your husband wanna divorce you. You stated that your husband said "You are too stubborn". The question is 'Are you stubborn' ? And you said 'You are marketable' My Question is 'How much are you worth'? That's the real issue. You simply are not married yet in the real sense, you are in marriage.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by brownsug(f): 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Most of the people commenting are men so it is one sided. I want a lady's opinion.
Alright i am a lady i read d previous comments dey were saying d truth,are u sure u want to learn from this site?with dis little attitude it shows u wanted a break,i lost a good guy cause i was bossy be wise o
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by otokx(m): 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
such a simple instruction, how can someone possibly not get it right?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by deeplo(m): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
Madam knows all.. have you listened to what women like you have contributed? If the answer is YES then try and do away with doing things in your own way. He could have take those meat and fish to another woman but he trusted you to do exactly what he wanted yet you did not.
My wife will do anything to make sure my food is served the way i wanted it (Note.... i like cold food) and for 12years i still cherished her dishes even though i eat once in a while elsewhere but the fact that she does what i want makes me desire more for her food and her temple.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by chuksme(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney:

No I'm not. I'm as logical as you. Fact is many men think they're the only ones who can reason. They see women are emotional beings. But I expected my husband to ask me why I decided to use cat fish to cook egusi soup instead of goat meat.
. You are really stubborn,this is why you are having problem with this man and you refused to be corrected.Let us put this action this way. Assuming you told your child to do thesame thing your husband asked you to do and he or she moved and did the thing on his or her way as you did.How would you feel?
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by deeplo(m): 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2012

Many people are saying marriage is old fashion. I didn't think so but now it might be true.
Mind you, a lot of women talking here are not married. Many of them don't know how to keep a man. Some of them are even thinking of marrying a ready made man
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by armyofone(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
for those asking if she followed instruction, can't a lady be creative again?

easy solution would have been for the guy to go shopping for the cat fish and goat meat, cook the stuff yourself and serve your wifey. The difference would convinced her of how you wanted it.

OP lady, the current vi.brators in the market got hands for sensual feelings.
grin

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Many people are saying marriage is old fashion. I didn't think so but now it might be true.
Mind you, a lot of women talking here are not married. Many of them don't know how to keep a man. Some of them are even thinking of marrying a ready made man.
I have read all your reactions and its a pointer to the fact that you are smart, and you are intelligent, and its dangerous when one employs intelligence in relationships. Relationship is an emotional union, so to use your intelligence and smartness to make decisions in marriages may certainly make your marriage more of a classroom than a bed of roses and sex. Men are natural leaders and intuitively avoid ladies who try to counter their superiority even in their myopism. I can relate to this personally cos am a pretty intelligent dude and each time my lady (a programmer mind you) comes with multifaceted intelligence on issues, what I jokingly say is "You are the Boss, and the man today, take the lead" Believe me that makes everything work. But your husband, he might be a Beast of Carthage and may not wanna reason differently.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by armyofone(m): 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
yeah, it would have been easier for him to eat the food, say 'delicious' and add well darling, next time use goat meat for the egusi soup etc.

Billyonaire: I have read all your reactions and its a pointer to the fact that you are smart, and you are intelligent, and its dangerous when one employs intelligence in relationships. Relationship is an emotional union, so to use your intelligence and smartness to make decisions in marriages may certainly make your marriage more of a classroom than a bed of roses and sex. Men are natural leaders and intuitively avoid ladies who try to counter their superiority even in their myopism. I can relate to this personally cos am a pretty intelligent dude and each time my lady (a programmer mind you) comes with multifaceted intelligence on issues, what I jokingly say is "You are the Boss, and the man today, take the lead" Believe me that makes everything work. But your husband, he might be a Beast of Carthage and may not wanna reason differently.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by KINGwax(m): 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
armyofone: for those asking if she followed instruction, can't a lady be creative again?

easy solution would have been for the guy to go shopping for the cat fish and goat meat, cook the stuff yourself and serve your wifey. The difference would convinced her of how you wanted it.

OP lady, the current vi.brators in the market got hands for sensual feelings.
grin
if she wants to be creative by proving to the man that the alternative is better, she shld use her money for a surprise dish.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
armyofone: yeah, it would have been easier for him to eat the food, say 'delicious' and add well darling, next time use goat meat for the egusi soup etc.

Yes, exactly my point. Diplomacy is key ! We always should not think about winning or losing, bottom line to live happy by making compromises.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by MyneWhite1(f): 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by adolegoallywise(m): 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
i tink u nid 2 go n read atleast 10 book write by PASTOR MRS FAITH OYEDEPO dats jst wat u needed ssimplei tink u nid 2 go n read atleast 10 book write by PASTOR MRS FAITH OYEDEPO dats jst wat u needed ssimplei tink u nid 2 go n read atleast 10 book write by PASTOR MRS FAITH OYEDEPO dats jst wat u needed ssimple
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
adolegoallywise: i tink u nid 2 go n read atleast 10 book write by PASTOR MRS FAITH OYEDEPO dats jst wat u needed ssimplei tink u nid 2 go n read atleast 10 book write by PASTOR MRS FAITH OYEDEPO dats jst wat u needed ssimplei tink u nid 2 go n read atleast 10 book write by PASTOR MRS FAITH OYEDEPO dats jst wat u needed ssimple
Faith Oyedepo isnt a better advisor than most people on Nairaland.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by adolegoallywise(m): 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
change it oooo

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by temest1(m): 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
Woman d husband is d head of d hse u shldnt twist his command he ourightly tld u wat he wntd nd u went against it dats nt 2 gud 4 an obedient wife,jst apologise nd tel him u ll nevr go against his commandmnt again.chikayna!
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Weave: 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
what the hell are u guys saying. wtf? threatening his authority as a man, not like we woman are slaves. thats just so immatured. Madam, 9JA men are always looking for the silliest excuse to divorce their wives. its for better for worst, the bible doesnt support divorce in case you dont know. the husband should know that their is something called tolerance in marriage. he should chill the hell out jor.

Generally, Nigerian men always want to prove authority, like a Boss. THEY WILL NEVER COPY THE GOOD THINGS FROM OYINBOs like helping their wives out in kitchen. they never move up in their ways of reasoning, stagnant people. wtf, the food was sweet, all he needed to do was to correct her and tell her to make what he specified the next day. period!!!!!!!!!

He didnt even appreciate the time she spent in the kitchen to prepare the meal. Rude people. SMH

We need more understanding men in our society..
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Angelahoney: 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
Thank you all for your response. Didn't know it would reach front page. I am an aspiring fiction writer and this is just a figment of my imagination.
Some guys are even following me already. They're in love with this fictitious Angela.
Your contributions were matured especially Billyonaire. In fact the person typing is a man.
Thank you. And thank you Angelahoney.

Some types of stories that hit front page amaze me. Cheers.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by weaseloo: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
. . . . . and you attached your picture because. . . . ?
. . . . he is marketable grin
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Yahoo1(m): 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: The way some women sound, like they're beefing me. They've already passed judgment and put on that holier than thou attitude.
I'm very sure they all want to marry a richer guy. Not one of them would want to marry a struggling guy but I did. It wasn't as if I'm desperate or old. I had money and beauty and intelligent.
Many of them want to paint that virtuous woman picture but I won't buy that.
..my dear 4get that,you painted an arrogant picture,what do you expect?
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by TheMadameXimena(f): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
This story is one kain, therefore I find it extremely hard to believe he wants to divorce u cos of fish n goat?
If he wasn't pleased with the goat peppersoup and he wanted cat fish, he'd simply grab his car keys and head to the nearest pepper soup joint and have a fill till d trumphet sounds.

So I think there's more to do!

You probably have been acting so petty that bros can't take it no more and now ur cup has finally "runneth" over!

If u want ur marriage to work! You know d basics viz a viz being submissive and I don't mean submissive in an "yessir- odenimi kind o"
Be wise woman

There is no such thing as a desirable marketable divorcee lady ( too much nollywood)

Get it straight, get it right ! You know what to do to save ur marriage!

Go apologize to ur husband and become a better wife!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? / I need your financial help to pay my school fees. please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.