Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,393 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram (2692 Views)

Military Launches Uniform / Buhari rejects proposal for Chad, Niger to head central force against Boko Haram / Boko Haram: Military Launches 'operation No Mercy' To Rescue NE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by chinology: 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
The Nigerian military launched heavy air bombardment on Bama, Borno State’s second most important city, Monday, after pulling off its troops as the town came under Boko Haram attack, following by hours of fierce fighting.

Residents and security officials said the town suddenly came under attack from the insurgents on Monday morning forcing the military to call in the airforce for a sustained air attack on the town, particularly around the military barracks there which the insurgents had pushed to take over.

Security sources said military commanders had withdrawn ground troops that earlier engaged the terrorists, to allow the use of sweeping air attacks.

The military had earlier warned residents to leave the town ahead of the clash Monday.

“But the insurgents seemed to have resorted to using a few of their members to create a detour (distraction) and make the aircrafts dissipate their bombs so that they would come attacking with a much larger force,” said the source.

Military sources told PREMIUM TIMES the aerial bombardment of suspected insurgents on Monday commences the gradual roll-out of full force against the sect by the Nigerian military.

“We were all along restrained because of the Chibok girls,” a top military source said. “But the time has now come to do something drastic. We cannot afford to allow a rag tag group to take over our country.”

Earlier Monday, local vigilante and security sources said about 70 Boko Haram terrorists were killed by soldiers as the insurgents attempted to storm the town and seize the barracks.

A top security official in Maiduguri confirmed the attack but did not give casualty figure or state which side suffered more damage.

The security official, who did not want to be named as he was not officially cleared to speak, said, “We are still on top of the situation and GOC had assured a beef up of troops from Maiduguri.”

A local vigilante personnel, Abbas Gava, said his colleagues in Bama had informed him that over 70 members of the Boko Haram terrorists group died in the first attack that took place in the early hours of Monday.

“They killed over 70 Boko Haram terrorists and injured about 30 of them,” he said.

The Defence Headquarters in Abuja said in Twitter post that the attack “is being repelled by the Nigerian troops”, but said casualty figures could not be confirmed yet.

“Everything necessary will be done to contain the terrorists,” the military tweeted.

PREMIUM TIMES had gathered from reliable sources in the military that the terrorists had planned to move into Maiduguri from Bama before their mission was aborted.
- See more at: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/headlines/167649-nigerian-military-begins-roll-out-of-full-force-against-boko-haram-launches-intense-airstrikes-on-bama.html#sthash.ghODaS6n.dpuf
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by chinology: 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
Take no prisoners..

Goodluck to my gallant colleagues in uniform..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by MANGAM(m): 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
Flush them all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by texaco1: 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
In other words , bama did indeed fell into enemy hands yesterday and now the military want to regain control. This isn't good enough. Let's just pray that bh doesn't get their hands on the weapons in bama barracks

2 Likes

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
this is the kind of news i want to hear.

3 Likes

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by nigerianvenom(m): 5:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
weldone our military personnel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by CyberWolf: 5:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
texaco1: In other words , bama did indeed fell into enemy hands yesterday and now the military want to regain control. This isn't good enough. Let's just pray that bh doesn't get their hands on the weapons in bama barracks
you are a big foool...you are indirectly telling BH that there are weapons in Bama.. angry angry angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by nigerianvenom(m): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli: this is the kind of news i want to hear.

no,u dont want this kind of news.u want to hear that our military men are totally subdue by the infant soldiers of the cry cry master,buhariii

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by lordsilver: 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
Which one be Airstrike on Bama. Again? Is it the same Bama that's under our military control or another Bama?

2 Likes

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
nigerianvenom:

no,u dont want this kind of news.u want to hear that our military men are totally subdue by the infant soldiers of the cry cry master,buhariii
you guys come across as 1diots at times.

5 Likes

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by MANGAM(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
Lack of discipline makes some soldiers to run their mouths any how. Don't mind him
CyberWolf: you are a big foool...you are indirectly telling BH that there are weapons in Bama.. angry angry angry
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by koboko69: 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
I dont get....i thought the military claimed to be in control of Bama.....what then are they bombarding in Bama again? Do u bombard a place you are in control of?
Obiagelli: this is the kind of news i want to hear.
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by overhypedsteve(m): 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
Please can someone give me the link to the official twitter handle of the DHQ
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by atlwireles: 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
nigerianvenom:

You nailed it right.

5 Likes

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
koboko69: I dont get....i thought the military claimed to be in control of Bama.....what then are they bombarding in Bama again? Do u bombard a place you are in control of?
i find that funny too, anyways the air strikes is a welcomed development i have always longed for.

1 Like

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by eunisam: 5:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
This is good.show them you are the Nigerian millitary.

1 Like

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by EddyNumerouno(m): 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
the roof is one fire, we aint go no water...let the mudafuckers burn
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by asadike(f): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
nw,d nigeria military i usd 2 know is bak
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by texaco1: 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
koboko69: I dont get....i thought the military claimed to be in control of Bama.....what then are they bombarding in Bama again? Do u bombard a place you are in control of?
reports from soldiers that entered maiduguri isn't so good about the situation in bama . Bama barracks is very very crucial and only a very dummb goat will believe that boko haram fighters don't know how important that barrack and town is. If it falls just like ppl have been saying since yesterday ,the best solution will be for the army to completely bomb that place because if those boko guys gets their hands on the equipments their,then it is a sorry case.
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by nigerianvenom(m): 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
you guys come across as 1diots at times.

no,rather u guys comes across as heediots all the time

2 Likes

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by enomakos(m): 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
kill them all
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by koboko69: 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
texaco1: reports from soldiers that entered maiduguri isn't so good about the situation in bama . Bama barracks is very very crucial and only a very dummb goat will believe that boko haram fighters don't know how important that barrack and town is. If it falls just like ppl have been saying since yesterday ,the best solution will be for the army to completely bomb that place because if those boko guys gets their hands on the equipments their,then it is a sorry case.

I agree with u..i know exactly whats inside bama. But i still dont understand the effrontery those animals have to try to take bama. Reports reaching from my friends jist now is that the insurgents came in large numbers with heavy artillery and fire power. Its been difficult to repel them...but they have been trying thier best. Not like the militants have control...but the battle is tough...and that we should keep praying.
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
something still baffles me, why on earth do these guys keep taking prisoners off these BH guys who are desperate to be sent to paradise to enjoy their share of the 71 virgins? KILL THEM ALL!!!

1 Like

Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
chinology:
[b]Security sources said military commanders had withdrawn ground troops that earlier engaged the terrorists, to allow the use of sweeping air attacks.

The military had earlier warned residents to leave the town ahead of the clash Monday.

“But the insurgents seemed to have resorted to using a few of their members to create a detour (distraction) and make the aircrafts dissipate their bombs so that they would come attacking with a much larger force,” said the source.

Military sources told PREMIUM TIMES the aerial bombardment of suspected insurgents on Monday commences the gradual roll-out of full force against the sect by the Nigerian military.

“We were all along restrained because of the Chibok girls,” a top military source said. “But the time has now come to do something drastic. We cannot afford to allow a rag tag group to take over our country.”

i thought in conventional warfare, airstrikes preceed ground offensives? could sm1 pls educate me more.

what if the boko boys hold the indigenes hostage and use them as human shields......a tactic that has become fashionable in today's guerrila warfares..

anyways, i wish our gallant soldiers the best. Take no prisoners!
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by texaco1: 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
koboko69:

I agree with u..i know exactly whats inside bama. But i still dont understand the effrontery those animals have to try to take bama. Reports reaching from my friends jist now is that the insurgents came in large numbers with heavy artillery and fire power. Its been difficult to repel them...but they have been trying thier best. Not like the militants have control...but the battle is tough...and that we should keep praying.
nigerian soldiers are in a very very difficult situation.don't let us forget that this boko haram are also wearing nigerian army uniforms which makes it difficult for the geniUe soldier to identify. I don't envy nigeria soldiers but I have always said it that the civilian jtf is a good way of flushing out boko haram if their set up isn't infiltrated. Bama is an important town to both tthe army and rebels and the outcome of this battle will go a long way in deciding the enventual winner,if bh wins it will boost their confidence ,if they lose they will retreat and the army will be able to inflict a crushing defeat on them. Let's pray the nigeria army. Wins
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by wirinet(m): 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
I am not a military man and have not had any military training, but common sense dictates you cannot defeat an invading army with airstrikes alone. Airstrikes are supposed to be support for ground troops. They are meant to take out enemy heavy artillary like APCs and tanks to allow for a ground offensive. If Boko Haram has already captured a town like Bama, what is the use of air bombardments without ground troops? what will they be bombing? How will they know where the insurgents are hiding in the city?

It is a big shame that Boko Haram could overrun a military barracks and subsequently capture a whole town of half a million inhabitants in just 12 hours of fighting without any air support. Meanwhile our own soldiers are relying on bombing the insurgents at a distance from the air and hope recapture the town.

I am so sad about the latest developments in Borno.
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by idupaul: 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
This is just confirmation Bama fell to the stupid Boko haram , any body that knows our airforce well knows the don't have any aircraft that can hit any thing on the ground the best they can do is drop unguided careless small bombs that would fall any where in bama . We need those 40 gunships now with the 12 modern fighters now.
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
kill them and use their bones for ceramics.
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by ALTRUTH(m): 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
Chino,

Please leave boko haram small and see this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1884448/nairaland-proposal-desola
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by idupaul: 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
wirinet: I am not a military man and have not had any military training, but common sense dictates you cannot defeat an invading army with airstrikes alone. Airstrikes are supposed to be support for ground troops. They are meant to take out enemy heavy artillary like APCs and tanks to allow for a ground offensive. If Boko Haram has already captured a town like Bama, what is the use of air bombardments without ground troops? what will they be bombing? How will they know where the insurgents are hiding in the city?

It is a big shame that Boko Haram could overrun a military barracks and subsequently capture a whole town of half a million inhabitants in just 12 hours of fighting without any air support. Meanwhile our own soldiers are relying on bombing the insurgents at a distance from the air and hope recapture the town.

I am so sad about the latest developments in Borno.

The funny thing is we don't have any aicraft capable of bombing any target on the ground ..The Chengdu fighters are crap and I aint sure they are being used, the Alphas are light trainers that pack only very small bombs as payload. Those gunships need top come in now.
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by 4Play(m): 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2014

They know Nigerians are gullible so they insult our intelligence with such claims. The main question is whether our military will hold Maiduguri.
Re: Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram by lilprinze: 7:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
nice 1 our military should continue to bomb waste and kill those bastards called BH enough is enough it is time for our military to show them their true colors .

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Gas Mask Story: Why America Quit Helping Jonathan Govt Find Chibok Girls / English Palava!!! What Do We Call Husband Of A Female Gov? / Buhari Is Back To Nigeria This Morning(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.