Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN (2485 Views)

Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) / Photos From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos- Metronaija / Pictures From The Plane Crash In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Ganys: 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
One Overland comercial Plane had been hovering on Ilorin Sky for the Past 1hr without landing..We Cant afford another Plane Crash, Pray For Us Oooh...
Im inside Kwara Stadium now, everyone is Panic & Looking at the Sky here. Any one arround Gerin Alimi, Sawmill or Taiwo road in the house
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Horus(m): 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
Any update?
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Ganys: 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
Chei, The thing still dey on sky ooooh, I just shot the picture, Its been hovering for over an hr,
Mod should pls move to the front page so that relevant authority will know...
NOTE==>>
Picture shot inside the swimming pool of Kwara Stadium

Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by doctokwus: 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
If its overring over d skyline,its a gud sign,mayb just waiting for d cloud to clear& b given d all clear.Nigerians over dramatise d use of prayers,yet d country is getting worse.Bliv everytin will come out fine& don't tink its ur prayers dat wi see dem thru;it has evn made nigeria worse,maybe if u pple do just right within ur minds,dere wudnt b need 4 ur devil controlled prayers,because it definitely doesn't seem to b getting to God!

3 Likes

Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Ganys: 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
doctokwus: If its overring over d skyline,its a gud sign,mayb just waiting for d cloud to clear& b given d all clear.Nigerians over dramatise d use of prayers,yet d country is getting worse.Bliv everytin will come out fine& don't tink its ur prayers dat wi see dem thru;it has evn made nigeria worse,maybe if u pple do just right within ur minds,dere wudnt b need 4 ur devil controlled prayers,because it definitely doesn't seem to b getting to God!
Guy, Dont derail the thread, Is it Normal for an healthy comercial air craft to be Hovering in the sky for over 2hr, i had noticed it since when i was observing my zuhr prayer by noon & its still there...
Infact, its still in the sky as in writting this
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by teetee123: 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
What's d latest pls
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by doctokwus: 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ganys:
Guy, Dont derail the thread, Is it Normal for an healthy comercial air craft to be Hovering in the sky for over 2hr, i had noticed it since when i was observing my zuhr prayer by noon & its still there...
Infact, its still in the sky as in writting this
Do u know if d weather is not favorable& d pilot has to wait for an all-clear weather or u want d pilot to try landing in hazardous weather& u now attribute it to lack of prayers,what gud has ur prayers done to d horrible state of ur country,worse,dats wat its done bc deep down,nigerians are horrible pple,despite dere trooping to mosques& churches everyday,u think God is blind!
My point is d passengers wi come out unscathed,not bc of ur damn prayers bc God stoppd listening to u pple years ago

1 Like

Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Ganys: 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
Called someone at the airport, they said they are ontop of the situation

Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Ganys: 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
UPDATE
The Plane just change direction to Northern Route Now...I can see heavy Smoke from it's tail...Lord have mercy
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Horus(m): 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ganys: UPDATE
The Plane just change direction to Northern Route Now...I can see heavy Smoke from it's tail...Lord have mercy

You should film it with your mobile phone right now.
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by BABSIN(m): 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
At Ganys, Any update on the Plane.
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
maybe na UFO this guy dey see o! over two hours overing, nd d plane no crash nor re-rooted if na weather prblm.
anyway whats d latest?
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Jarus(m): 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
Nigerian airlines have this habit of using rickety planes for low-traffic routes like Ilorin, Akure etc. When Arik was still going to Ilorin from Lagos, I flew it one evening and I can't imagine it was a plane. Producing sound like okada, one rickety small plane like this. Worst flight I ever made. The 35-minute trip is better forgotten.
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by doctokwus: 7:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
cogitoErgo: maybe na UFO this guy dey see o! over two hours overing, nd d plane no crash nor re-rooted if na weather prblm.
anyway whats d latest?
No mind am;his only interest is 2get pple to pray over what dey know nothing about& av no evidence to its authenticity,wen evn d minimum he shd do by snapping d plane he hasn't done;typical nigerian,always believing everything is spiritual& shd b left to God to manage wen d basic minimum dey shd do dey sleep over.

1 Like

Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by tevinsolt: 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
i used to live in Ilorin, by lao/airport after odota........it was a normal routine
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Jakumo(m): 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
The silouette of that aircraft resembles that of an MD80, but the larger proportion of the engines in relation to the body means that this bird is more likely a private jet, maybe a Gulfstream. If he was circling and unable to land, there may have been problems deploying the landing gear, and extra time in the air was thus needed to drop the gear with gravity, which takes a bit longer than with the normal hydraulic landing gear actuation.

It does appear to be in stable flight at the time those shots were taken, so maybe the owner of the jet merely instructed the pilot to circle in a holding pattern so that a few young damsels could be inducted into the Mile High Club before landing.

3 Likes

Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Englishteacher: 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
cogitoErgo: maybe na UFO this guy dey see o! over two hours overing, nd d plane no crash nor re-rooted if na weather prblm.
anyway whats d latest?

"Re-rooted"? No such word bro.
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Englishteacher: 11:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
doctokwus: If its overring over d skyline,its a gud sign,mayb just waiting for d cloud to clear& b given d all clear.Nigerians over dramatise d use of prayers,yet d country is getting worse.Bliv everytin will come out fine& don't tink its ur prayers dat wi see dem thru;it has evn made nigeria worse,maybe if u pple do just right within ur minds,dere wudnt b need 4 ur devil controlled prayers,because it definitely doesn't seem to b getting to God!

Using the word "Overing" in place of "hovering" is akin to murder of the Queens English!
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by tpia5: 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
has it gone?

maybe it was doing surveillance for google.

1 Like

Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by alstacs(m): 4:49am On Oct 07, 2012
English_teacher:

Using the word "Overing" in place of "hovering" is akin to murder of the Queens English!

LWKMD...English teacher, we need you to come over to Nairaland to come save and protect us, there are a lot of murderers here.
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by alstacs(m): 4:57am On Oct 07, 2012
How far with the plane a beg? Any semi-official report on why that happened yet?

Bad weather somewhere maybe.
On the day Arik was picketed, I had to fly with Overland from Abuja to Lag. We "overed" over Ibadan for almost one hour because of some unfavourable weather conditions in Lagos.

It was a nice experience but scary. The altitude was low and one could appreciate the aerial view of Ibadan but the frequency and intensity of turbulence at this level was scary..

Enflish tisha, how am I do or did? Lol..
Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by rodeo0070(m): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2012
alstacs:

LWKMD...English teacher, we need you to come over to Nairaland to come save and protect us, there are a lot of murderers here.

Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by rodeo0070(m): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2012
alstacs:

Help us o!...

Re: Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN by Captwahala(m): 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
The aircraft in the picture is a Bombardier CRJ900 jet, Most likely of Arik Air. Overland does not operate Jet aircraft. Arik Air operates any Abuja-Ilorin-Abuja service.

Hovering means to stay suspended in the air without moving. Aeroplanes cannot hover, only helicopters. They HOLD. Holding means to fly in a racetrack pattern over a point.
Reasons aircraft hold:
1. To wait for another aircraft to take off and land
2. To wait for weather conditions to improve
3. Somtimes air traffic control may request an aircraft to hold to create additional space between aircraft
3. to sort out a technical issue. Pilots have long checklists they have to complete whenever there is a problem. It is common for pilots to "enter a hold" during emergency situations especially when they are close to the airport.

Holding is a perfectly safe procedure.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Worldplay: I Dream To Travel The World / How Can I Move To Lesotho From Nigeria Legally? / Help! How To Book A Flight To Mexico Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.